•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
15th Region Transfers
That’s a tough group, Elisha won the transfer lottery,
(03-21-2024, 11:29 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: That’s a tough group, Elisha won the transfer lottery,

I think at this point the school recruits itself. It offers so much more than county schools. Everyone top to bottom is on the same page.
Keene is for sure there. Was at school today. He will be a very nice addition for the next couple years. Crafty player. I still think there will be tons of parity in the region the next few years in basketball. Also the young new comers will be very good players for Pikeville, they aren’t actually there yet though but there’s 3 that will be Fresh next year that I know of that will be enrolling.
All solid athletes and most play multiple sports. Pikeville won’t be falling off in any sports too far in the foreseeable future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • jetpilot
Yea not shaming Pikeville, that offer the kids stuff other schools can’t but we will still be better then Pikeville, look at what they lose with seniors
(03-21-2024, 11:56 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Yea not shaming Pikeville, that offer the kids stuff other schools can’t but we will still be better then Pikeville, look at what they lose with seniors
That's how Mike rolls
(03-21-2024, 11:56 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Yea not shaming Pikeville, that offer the kids stuff other schools can’t but we will still be better then Pikeville, look at what they lose with seniors
The f*ck is wrong with you?

You all have the best on ball defender in the region, with Pente. I call him the Heinz 57 Keian Worrix. That’s not knocking him at all, because Keian is a one of a kind.
Yea we got two really good defenders with Pente and Parsons, Andrew will be solid and Isaiah may be best defender of the bunch
(03-22-2024, 12:12 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Yea we got two really good defenders with Pente and Parsons, Andrew will be solid and Isaiah may be best defender of the bunch
Didn't he quit twice this season? There is probably a reason for that. They lost 7 seniors and they are guard heavy and light on bigs. I mean no disrespect, but that ship is sinking. 
Pikeville is overcrowded. Keene's brother plays at pikeville in grade school & his dad lives there. So it's not a transfer to load up.
2 many people forgetting about Floyd Central. They will be really good. Maybe a former player transferring back.
Nobody will go to Floyd Central, hearing there losing a star 8th grader. You can not call Keene a Pikeville kid, he’s been at East Ridge his entire career. If you can’t beat them join em
(03-22-2024, 01:49 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Nobody will go to Floyd Central, hearing there losing a star 8th grader. You can not call Keene a Pikeville kid, he’s been at East Ridge his entire career. If you can’t beat them join em
FC has some real good 8th graders in their feeder schools, Ive been kinda wondering if all would go to FC and compete for playing time honestly
(03-22-2024, 01:33 AM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 12:12 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Yea we got two really good defenders with Pente and Parsons, Andrew will be solid and Isaiah may be best defender of the bunch
Didn't he quit twice this season? There is probably a reason for that. They lost 7 seniors and they are guard heavy and light on bigs. I mean no disrespect, but that ship is sinking. 
Pikeville is overcrowded. Keene's brother plays at pikeville in grade school & his dad lives there. So it's not a transfer to load up.
2 many people forgetting about Floyd Central. They will be really good. Maybe a former player transferring back.

He quit because of playing time for sure. But if I'm Betsy Layne coaches, players and even fans of program I'm begging him back.  He could be the best defender in the 15th region and guard everyone's best 1-3 guard.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL

Pente is one of the best defenders in the area. Allen is a good defender. Parsons was one of the worst defensive guards in the region, but one of the best offensive guards at the same time. Collins struggled defensively in the games I watched, but he makes up for it with effort.
(03-22-2024, 10:06 AM)BillSelf Wrote:

Pente is one of the best defenders in the area. Allen is a good defender. Parsons was one of the worst defensive guards in the region, but one of the best offensive guards at the same time. Collins struggled defensively in the games I watched, but he makes up for it with effort.
Like I mentioned before, they are guard heavy. Their low post players for next season have zero experience and will have an issue with the run & gun offense they use. Getting Allen back will be a big concern. I don't believe him to be a big "Mike fan" after quiting twice last season. Plus they had a junior that reclassified to a senior just to get out of there. There is something going on up there thats not known. They lost 75% of their minutes. I'm guessing 3rd place finish in district.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GeraldDaLoved's post:
  • Pikecoballer

Next year for Betsy Layne will be difficult to guard most teams that play 4 guards and a big.  You'll have Parsons, Pente, Allen, then Collins and Braden Hall are left to guard the 4 or 5 mans. Just assuming that is a lineup we may see quite a bit.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Betsy Layne is looking at a very uncertain summer and season. Allen may or may not play, but why assume he will? Collins and B. Hall are very much in play as transfer candidates. Pente and Parsons are the two most likely players to show up in August. Pente is one of the most well balanced players in the region and Parsons could score 20+ a game easily. The biggest problem is who is going to guard anyone over 6 feet tall? Granted, the region will be amiss of those type players for the most part next year, but they will be outsized and outrebounded every night. They could be anywhere from 2-4 in the district depending on who actually plays. JC, Paintsville, Pike Central and Pikeville seem to all have the talent or are drawing in the talent for next year. Lawrence will win the very weak 58th by default.

If the May Valley star isn't going to FC next year- and I'm assuming this is the kid that has a brother finisihing up his hs career there this year, where will he go?
(03-22-2024, 12:22 PM)Pikecoballer Wrote: Betsy Layne is looking at a very uncertain summer and season.  Allen may or may not play, but why assume he will?  Collins and B. Hall are very much in play as transfer candidates.  Pente and Parsons are the two most likely players to show up in August.  Pente is one of the most well balanced players in the region and Parsons could score 20+ a game easily.  The biggest problem is who is going to guard anyone over 6 feet tall?  Granted, the region will be amiss of those type players for the most part next year, but they will be outsized and outrebounded every night.  They could be anywhere from 2-4 in the district depending on who actually plays.  JC, Paintsville, Pike Central and Pikeville seem to all have the talent or are drawing in the talent for next year.  Lawrence will win the very weak 58th by default.

If the May Valley star isn't going to FC next year- and I'm assuming this is the kid that has a brother finisihing up his hs career there this year, where will he go?
May valley has another player just about as good as him, Id say as good honestly. Just does not get the coverage.Just as tall, but built bigger Heck of a baseball player too
(03-22-2024, 12:50 PM)Blacksmith Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 12:22 PM)Pikecoballer Wrote: Betsy Layne is looking at a very uncertain summer and season.  Allen may or may not play, but why assume he will?  Collins and B. Hall are very much in play as transfer candidates.  Pente and Parsons are the two most likely players to show up in August.  Pente is one of the most well balanced players in the region and Parsons could score 20+ a game easily.  The biggest problem is who is going to guard anyone over 6 feet tall?  Granted, the region will be amiss of those type players for the most part next year, but they will be outsized and outrebounded every night.  They could be anywhere from 2-4 in the district depending on who actually plays.  JC, Paintsville, Pike Central and Pikeville seem to all have the talent or are drawing in the talent for next year.  Lawrence will win the very weak 58th by default.

May valley has another player just about as good as him, Id say as good honestly. Just does not get the coverage.Just as tall, but built bigger Heck of a baseball player too
Floyd Central is loaded in baseball talent from sophomore class down.
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Blacksmith
Are y’all really going on about an elementary “star” lol…
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
(03-22-2024, 12:54 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

Floyd Central is loaded in baseball talent from sophomore class down.
They are, some dandy young players.. Many of them having been playing baseball together since they were 6 years old
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blacksmith's post:
  • Spud6
(03-22-2024, 12:59 PM)Redneck Wrote: Are y’all really going on about an elementary “star” lol…

Where?
#BBFL
(03-22-2024, 01:06 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 12:59 PM)Redneck Wrote: Are y’all really going on about an elementary “star” lol…

Where?
May Valley
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH

I don't follow middle school much, but I haven't heard of anyone but the one and I probably only heard about him because he is dunking in games as an 8th grader.  MV was good this year from what I've heard, but they didn't win their county championship.  So idk.
(03-22-2024, 03:11 PM)Pikecoballer Wrote:

I don't follow middle school much, but I haven't heard of anyone but the one and I probably only heard about him because he is dunking in games as an 8th grader.  MV was good this year from what I've heard, but they didn't win their county championship.  So idk.

Don’t see anybody from May Valley going anywhere else in Floyd County. Possibly see them going to Knott or Hazard.
Hearing Buck to Martin county
Pikeville being able to recruit while everyone else can’t always makes it unfair. How can you say pikeville has a good coaching staff when they receive 1-2 good players almost every season.

(03-22-2024, 03:32 PM)WarHawk12 Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 03:11 PM)Pikecoballer Wrote:

Don’t see anybody from May Valley going anywhere else in Floyd County. Possibly see them going to Knott or Hazard.
Why Knott  or Hazard?

Yeah I agree Pente is a great defender, Allen was solid also. But I watched Parsons slack a lot on defense. Looked like he was conserving energy for offense. Collins didn’t get to play enough for me to judge the defensive aspect, playing towards the end of games is hard to judge, due to subs playing people slacking off etc
Pikeville doesn’t recruit. Tired of hearing it.

You county schools are so caught up in politics and bullcrap that you can’t get out of your own way.

Name a coach in Pike or Floyd County that can get a job outside of their county not named Haywood. I’ll give you Parsley at PBurg.

That is it. That’s the list.
(03-22-2024, 10:23 PM)RTruth Wrote: Pikeville doesn’t recruit. Tired of hearing it.

You county schools are so caught up in politics and bullcrap that you can’t get out of your own way.

Name a coach in Pike or Floyd County that can get a job outside of their county not named Haywood. I’ll give you Parsley at PBurg.

Pikeville definitely use to recruit but now the school recruits itself. The old time saying “If you build it, they will come”
(03-20-2024, 03:22 PM)SouthEast18 Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 02:07 AM)P. Fanning Wrote: Betsy Layne better hope Mason Hall doesn't get offered a head coaching job elsewhere because losing Brayden and Mason would be a tough blow for the Bobcats to recover from.
First of all no one is offering him a head coaching job....second Brayden is a great shooter and a good player but Andrew Collins is better anyway so it would only matter for depth..........once again BL had a program before Mason Hall and they will have one after no one cares about the "you better not" of the world.
Don’t let jealousy or hatred blind you. Comment was a little left field. He’s a solid coach I believe he will get his chance. I think if him and mike could have got on the same page, BL could have made a little more noise. I honestly feel like mike is a good coach in his own way, he made some questionably choices throughout season and I think let some “parents” get in his ear, but in the end still had a decent year. And as for losing Brayden it would be a critical loss, Bl wasn’t deep to begin with playing 7 deep and now losing 4 of those any one they lose from here on out will hurt them. Hall and collins are 2 completely different players don’t know why they were even compared. Yes they both can shoot! But Hall is one of the only players returning with any experience playing down low, and they are already short in that area

(03-22-2024, 10:23 PM)RTruth Wrote: Pikeville doesn’t recruit. Tired of hearing it.

It’s not hard to be a good coach when you take all the talent from surrounding counties, but they still don’t win like they should “so what’s that say??” And you are blind if you don’t think they recruit. A lot of local schools are politics I give you that! But the reason they goto pikeville is because basically any one can get eligible, compared to when they go somewhere else they have to jump through 100 hoops
[-] The following 1 user Likes ImNotD.Newsome's post:
  • Bandit29
Pikeville doesn’t recruit. Don’t have to. Everyone wants to go there.
As far as next year for the Bobcats
Pente
Parsons
Allen
Collins
Hammond

Will be fine.
I assume Hall will be gone with his dad. I heard he has sent his resume’ to everyone in the area.
I do expect BL to get a couple of transfers.

District favorite in 58 has to be Pburg.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next