•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Greer Named Corbin Coach
PRIDE101 Wrote:Maybe some confusion already in Corbin? I am hearing Greer not naming an OC? Calling plays by committee? Doesn't want to upset some parents.
You seem to be the only one that is upset.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Maybe some confusion already in Corbin? I am hearing Greer not naming an OC? Calling plays by committee? Doesn't want to upset some parents.

There’s no way they do play calling by committee. I’ll have to BS on that!!
footballfever Wrote:There’s no way they do play calling by committee. I’ll have to BS on that!!

Lets see if he names an OC and then we will call it like it is. Dougie , just a question why would I be upset? I hear they are meeting with all coaches this week, should be cleared up soon.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Lets see if he names an OC and then we will call it like it is. Dougie , just a question why would I be upset? I hear they are meeting with all coaches this week, should be cleared up soon.

They should hire me. I'll keep the defense on their heels.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Lets see if he names an OC and then we will call it like it is. Dougie , just a question why would I be upset? I hear they are meeting with all coaches this week, should be cleared up soon.

He may go through spring ball to see what develops but when season rolls around someone will be designated to call plays.
Can we please get this thread back on topic. It’s been over a page of nonsense.
Really, audition to see who the OC will be? Interesting. I am going with he will not make the call afraid to upset a parent.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Really, audition to see who the OC will be? Interesting. I am going with he will not make the call afraid to upset a parent.

I don’t think waiting will happen. If he does wait till after spring ball it would be IMO just a time to process. My question is how would this calling plays by committee work?
I don't know I told you what I believe that is happening. He ask one and and the parent and community wants another. What or who will it be? Let's wait and see if he names one. Putting it off , what do you think?

To answer your question, it doesn't work.
PRIDE101 Wrote:I don't know I told you what I believe that is happening. He ask one and and the parent and community wants another. What or who will it be? Let's wait and see if he names one. Putting it off , what do you think?

To answer your question, it doesn't work.

I agree with the doesn’t work.
There won’t be a play calling by committee, if you think Greer is worried about certain parents or tiptoeing around kids you don’t know Tommy very well...The meeting this week are to see who of the current staff is compatible for the plans he has, no one knows who’s gonna be the OC I don’t even think Coach Greer is sure just yet he could end up hiring someone who’s currently not on staff
Ball Coach Wrote:Can we please get this thread back on topic. It’s been over a page of nonsense.

This post is nonsense. Sign in under a different alias young lady.
single shot Wrote:There won’t be a play calling by committee, if you think Greer is worried about certain parents or tiptoeing around kids you don’t know Tommy very well...The meeting this week are to see who of the current staff is compatible for the plans he has, no one knows who’s gonna be the OC I don’t even think Coach Greer is sure just yet he could end up hiring someone who’s currently not on staff
I'm not currently on staff and I like to air it out, but I like a power running game too.
single shot Wrote:There won’t be a play calling by committee, if you think Greer is worried about certain parents or tiptoeing around kids you don’t know Tommy very well...The meeting this week are to see who of the current staff is compatible for the plans he has, no one knows who’s gonna be the OC I don’t even think Coach Greer is sure just yet he could end up hiring someone who’s currently not on staff

That is just what we said...except he ask someone about a month and a half ago. Why not name them?
Exactly did just that, and what I am hearing is the same, changing his mind because of parents and kid. So, we will see what happens.
Hound05 Wrote:Very high IQ offensively. And he understands our personnel. So it’s hard not to like him. I’d like to see him calling the plays for at least one season just to see how it plays out. Haddix was a good play caller, but he had tendencies that a corn creek middle school coach could pick up on. I think Buckner could keep everyone guessing with his extensive knowledge on several different schemes.

Plus I’m pretty sure he’s related to SUR.

Here we go, he is also horrible defensive guy. Sooooooo
I heard Chappel was named OC
fansville Wrote:I heard Chappel was named OC

Chappel brings a lot of experience and with his head coaching experience this would be a good move to bring stability that will be needed for a new coach. Chappel has always been a positive person whom all the past players and parents have a lot of respect for. I have heard a lot of good things about Buckner also. Corbin has a load of talent and what seems to be a good coaching staff everything just needs to jell and that may take a little time.
fansville Wrote:I heard Chappel was named OC

I bet you heard right.
One of two things is going on.

1. Greer told staff that he’s not naming an OC yet ..... and Chappell is telling everybody he got it anyway..

2. Greer told Chappell he got it and the rest of the staff something else...and Chappell is telling everybody he got it.

How many points did he ever score on Corbin when he was at Whitley?
Chappell hasn't told anyone anything I can assure you that. You must not know Coach Chappell. he is a team first guy. No better person anywhere. This isn't on him, look elsewhere.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Chappell hasn't told anyone anything I can assure you that. You must not know Coach Chappell. he is a team first guy. No better person anywhere. This isn't on him, look elsewhere.

Agree 100%.
Ball Coach Wrote:Can we please get this thread back on topic. It’s been over a page of nonsense.

The thread topic is Tom Greer named as HC of Corbin. These posts are on topic.

If the posts offends you, don't read the thread.
Granny Bear Wrote:The thread topic is Tom Greer named as HC of Corbin. These posts are on topic.

Not trying to be a tattle tale but Dougie was talking about building a smoker and food and his avatar makes me hungry and it’s all off topic....:popcorn:
I’m trying to get him some material, so he can make me something on it lol. I stay hungry.
single shot Wrote:Not trying to be a tattle tale but Dougie was talking about building a smoker and food and his avatar makes me hungry and it’s all off topic....:popcorn:

Are you complaining about it?
Granny Bear Wrote:Are you complaining about it?

Actually not really, I’d rather see the pork butt avatar than one of those Whitley Co pics and I’ve been trying to find him some metal for his smoker for a while now...
I'm sorry about my post that had to be deleted. I wasn't thinking or I wouldn't have posted that.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm sorry about my post that had to be deleted. I wasn't thinking or I wouldn't have posted that.

Hurry post it again I didn’t get to see it...
Granny Bear Wrote:The thread topic is Tom Greer named as HC of Corbin. These posts are on topic.

Seriously? I just came here to read about the new hire and you treat me like that because I asked if we could keep it on topic instead of all the nonsense that was being posted.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next