Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. Open?
Van Hagar Wrote:My take on Brad is this. Winning the region in his first year at North, which was really a fluke because that was one of his weaker teams, everything played out just right that year for them to win it, actually hurt him, because all of a sudden folks started thinking here's this whiz kid of a young coach. Then I thought he totally mishandled the Broughton years, because he would not go away from his 6-9 center who just killed them during that stretch, when he had guys on the bench (or by then at other schools), that would have allowed him to play a racehorse style that would have been much more effective. Now, to be fair the last two years I think he's shown some growth, finally played the way the talent he had on hand dictated. Players leaving the program absolutely was an issue here, but at Bell I suspect the issue will just be getting enough decent guys to play. So, overall for Bell I would say you've upgraded your situation and you will enjoy basketball a little more, but you've not made yourself into a regional contender.

The better players leaving him was absolutely an issue here, he ran off better players than he had on the floor!!
ArJay Wrote:That seems fair except I don’t like diminishing his Region championship. Anytime you win a region that is a great accomplishment. But I think everyone believes we now have a better coach than the last one.

This is true, he honestly coached really well during the tournament. However this may have been the only year he had multiple multi sport kids on the roster. I wish Bell Co nothing but the best of luck with him but I cant help but be excited for our basketball program it actually sounds like theyre trying to get a quality coach.
Who are some of the better players that left?
ArJay Wrote:Who are some of the better players that left?

Isaih Collier left for Jackson Co Via Southwestern
Ryan House left for Clay Co
Jake Allen left for Clay Co
Hunter Bowling left for Jackson Co. via Madison Central
Alex Binder quit team because baseball / another multi sport athlete ran off

There are several kids who wouldn't play for him because he wouldn't play mulit sport kids
Last years and this years Senior class was loaded in middle school he only had two Seniors left this year!!
blueandgreen Wrote:Isaih Collier left for Jackson Co Via Southwestern
Ryan House left for Clay Co
Jake Allen left for Clay Co
Hunter Bowling left for Jackson Co. via Madison Central
Alex Binder quit team because baseball / another multi sport athlete ran off

There are several kids who wouldn't play for him because he wouldn't play mulit sport kids
hunter bowling went to madison southern then jackson
jack capobianco played his freshman year and quit for two years but played his sr year
I know for a fact that last years class at South was dominated (not even close) in middle school by North all 3 years. Then as freshman south started winning games.
Dang. Look at all the NL fans being sour that Sizemore left. Say whatever makes you feel better since he left.
Sour? Looks like they are glad he is gone and many didn’t want him to stay.
Sizemore is a good hire for bell
Our basketball team is much better off than 6 months ago. Sizemore has been much more active from what I hear than Smith was. I only watched them once but it looks like they had a really good summer. The combination of Stephney, Phipps, Jones, Burnett, had Woolum along with a few more will be hard to stop this year.
Bell will be really good
Great hire
Daily News said Phipps is at Pineville.
Dinky
Harlan Daily Enterprise had an article about Pineville’s new coach and I was told there was a picture of Phipps shooting. WOW!! Not a very good start for Sizemore. He leaves Reed Sheppard and then Phipps leaves him.
Looks like the Phipps boy left Bell for Pineville. Wonder what's up with that?
Tough way to start your tenure at Bell. That loss sets the program back two more years!
I didn't mean that information as a shot at Sizemore - very good coach. I was surprised Phipps left. I don't know if that will make a huge difference in Bell's chances next year. They added Jones, who can probably play that spot.
four quarters Wrote:Harlan Daily Enterprise had an article about Pineville’s new coach and I was told there was a picture of Phipps shooting. WOW!! Not a very good start for Sizemore. He leaves Reed Sheppard and then Phipps leaves him.

Middlesboro paper has the story on Pineville - not Harlan.
Well I can’t believe this! I don’t understand why he would do this. We have a great sophomore class. They will need to step up!
Arjay you seem to be more informed than that. Sizemore is just another political hire. He was paid an outstanding amount ONLY to get the Madons out of Pineville and back in Bell. Gilliam could care less about sports. It seemed to work. Phipps parents and many more are sick and tired of what the administration is doing. This is why so many leaving across the board. The superintendent and her puppet principles. Wait till the letters getting sent out go to KHSAA then the super will have to answer to that organization for recruiting.
If its true who i heard was gonna be Sizemores assistant coach they will have plenty of recruits coming in.
Why not just come out and say the name of the rumored assistant?
And let us get the Rumorville started🤔 Jeff Sheppard is going to be the assistant and bring Reed and some of the NL players with him? Please let us know Pussell Gut! School starts next week.
I call B—- S—— , it’s a game we play at the armory on Thursday nights..
Who is the Jones boy you mentioned HCS?
Football receiver - senior. He played a lot this summer in the scrimmages I saw. I'd guess he takes that spot.
Good athlete, but not a basketball player to fill Phipps spot. More of a four man. New coach will have a difficult time figuring things out with players already leaving and not NL basketball skills on roster.