•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2019 Football Schedule
Let's name some of the top programs in the state (no particular order): Boyle Co, Danville, Trinity, Male, St X, Highlands, CovCath, Belfry, Tighlman, Beechwood, CAL, Mayfield, Scott Co, Louisville Central, Franklin-Simpson....who else?

Wouldn't Corbin be in this group?

I say without question they would.
Bowling Green, Raceland, Pikeville, Somerset, Pulaski County, South Warren, Johnson Central, Hazard, Williamsburg.

In the last 10-20 years just within an hour or two drive you have to look that Hazard, Pulaski, Williamsburg, Bell, Somerset, Rockcastle, Wayne, Breathitt, Madison So. etc have done about as much or more than Corbin has so not sure where all the elitist opinion surrounding Corbin’s program comes from. They were really good decades ago and have been pretty good recently but to say that they are among the states elite as a program is a stretch considering they haven’t done any more than a lot of other teams have done in the area in modern terms. They do have a very very good program but don’t know if I would put them among the states elite at this point.
No particular order but I would place these 18
for sure ahead of Corbin: Trinity,St.X,Male,Bowling Green,Cov Cath, Highlands, Danville, Mayfield, Beechwood, Boyle, Belfry, New Cath, Lex Cath,John Cent,Franklin Simp. ,Central, Scott Co.That’s just sitting here in my living room thinking off top of my head. I’m talking last 20-30 yrs. Not sure I wouldn’t put Pikeville, Hazard , CAL, LCA and Desales ahead of them as well.Ithink of Corbin more in the Somerset, Tilghman type of programs over that time frame.
Sorry forgot Bell in that 18
Maybe corbyn shuld tri too win with own players sense they caint with other schools team kids

Corbyn only good in there own minds, peopel there are delusional and airaggant
JerryGarcia Wrote:No particular order but I would place these 18
for sure ahead of Corbin: Trinity,St.X,Male,Bowling Green,Cov Cath, Highlands, Danville, Mayfield, Beechwood, Boyle, Belfry, New Cath, Lex Cath,John Cent,Franklin Simp. ,Central, Scott Co.That’s just sitting here in my living room thinking off top of my head. I’m talking last 20-30 yrs. Not sure I wouldn’t put Pikeville, Hazard , CAL, LCA and Desales ahead of them as well.Ithink of Corbin more in the Somerset, Tilghman type of programs over that time frame.

I forgot BG.

But it is laughable you have Johnson Cemtral and especially LexCath ahead of Corbin.
DarthVader Wrote:Bowling Green, Raceland, Pikeville, Somerset, Pulaski County, South Warren, Johnson Central, Hazard, Williamsburg.

In the last 10-20 years just within an hour or two drive you have to look that Hazard, Pulaski, Williamsburg, Bell, Somerset, Rockcastle, Wayne, Breathitt, Madison So. etc have done about as much or more than Corbin has so not sure where all the elitist opinion surrounding Corbin’s program comes from. They were really good decades ago and have been pretty good recently but to say that they are among the states elite as a program is a stretch considering they haven’t done any more than a lot of other teams have done in the area in modern terms. They do have a very very good program but don’t know if I would put them among the states elite at this point.

Several of your programs in this post are not better than Corbin. Don't hate just to hate. 🙄
Not hating just to hate. Just talking in terms of accomplishment what has Corbin done that they haven’t? Would Corbin beat 1A Williamsburg? Yes, they absolutely should but in terms of accomplishment you can’t say Corbin has done more or is a better program.

Johnson Central has been better than Corbin recently. Four straight state finals. Corbin has been playing with a huge enrollment advantage in 3A while essentially being a mid 4A level school and hasn’t done as much.
DarthVader Wrote:Not hating just to hate. Just talking in terms of accomplishment what has Corbin done that they haven’t? Would Corbin beat 1A Williamsburg? Yes, they absolutely should but in terms of accomplishment you can’t say Corbin has done more or is a better program.

Johnson Central has been better than Corbin recently. Four straight state finals. Corbin has been playing with a huge enrollment advantage in 3A while essentially being a mid 4A level school and hasn’t done as much.

There are several factors I use which I posted on the previous page. I take the full body of work too. Corbin is far better than JC or Wburg.

Starting with KHSAA titles.
Corbin hasn’t won a state title in nearly 40 years at this point. They have 3 runner ups in nearly half a century, Central has 3 and a state title in the last four years, Pulaski has 3 and a state title in the last couple of years. Nothing they have done in the last 20 years is even that significant in this area of the state let alone elite status state wide. There are probably kids on this Corbin team whose parents weren’t even born the last time Corbin won a state title. Nothing wrong with being very very good which to me is what they are, but what have they done to be mentioned with Highlands, Beechwood, Male, Trinity, etc?
FoSho Wrote:I forgot BG.

But it is laughable you have Johnson Cemtral and especially LexCath ahead of Corbin.
Sorry u can’t see it but John Cent has been much better program in last 15 yrs. Lex Cath has been even longer with2 state title as well in past 15 yrs lol
DarthVader Wrote:Corbin hasn’t won a state title in nearly 40 years at this point. They have 3 runner ups in nearly half a century, Central has 3 and a state title in the last four years, Pulaski has 3 and a state title in the last couple of years. Nothing they have done in the last 20 years is even that significant in this area of the state let alone elite status state wide. There are probably kids on this Corbin team whose parents weren’t even born the last time Corbin won a state title. Nothing wrong with being very very good which to me is what they are, but what have they done to be mentioned with Highlands, Beechwood, Male, Trinity, etc?

So you don't give credit for championships won a long time ago? I mean....I'm quite sure those other teams played back then and didn't win. So there's that.

FULL BODY OF WORK, not just the last few years.
JerryGarcia Wrote:Sorry u can’t see it but John Cent has been much better program in last 15 yrs. Lex Cath has been even longer with2 state title as well in past 15 yrs lol

LexCath does not have a better program than Corbin. To think that is ridiculous.
FoSho Wrote:LexCath does not have a better program than Corbin. To think that is ridiculous.

Thanks FoSho some people just needlessly butt hurt and you can’t discuss football sensibly with them...
Corbyn fans lots like democrats, dalusionul
2face Wrote:Corbyn fans lots like democrats, dalusionul

Your a lot like a dog pecker nat...
2face Wrote:Maybe corbyn shuld tri too win with own players sense they caint with other schools team kids

Corbyn only good in there own minds, peopel there are delusional and airaggant

Right on, brother! Confusednicker:
DarthVader Wrote:Not hating just to hate. Just talking in terms of accomplishment what has Corbin done that they haven’t? Would Corbin beat 1A Williamsburg? Yes, they absolutely should but in terms of accomplishment you can’t say Corbin has done more or is a better program.

3A has been top to bottom a lot better class than 4A last several years to insinuate that Corbin had it easier playing in 3A is silly.
DarthVader Wrote:Corbin hasn’t won a state title in nearly 40 years at this point. They have 3 runner ups in nearly half a century, Central has 3 and a state title in the last four years, Pulaski has 3 and a state title in the last couple of years. Nothing they have done in the last 20 years is even that significant in this area of the state let alone elite status state wide. There are probably kids on this Corbin team whose parents weren’t even born the last time Corbin won a state title. Nothing wrong with being very very good which to me is what they are, but what have they done to be mentioned with Highlands, Beechwood, Male, Trinity, etc?

There is so much wrong with this I don’t even know where to begin... Central has 5, Pulaski has 1 only 1 but made 3 trips to the finals. Sorry you don’t consider Regional titles a successful season but I’d say two state runner ups and making it to at least the semis the last 4 years would be significant to most programs...
JerryGarcia Wrote:Sorry u can’t see it but John Cent has been much better program in last 15 yrs. Lex Cath has been even longer with2 state title as well in past 15 yrs lol

This from the guy that’s putting Harlan Co. at the top of 4A... Johnson Central has 1 only 1 state championship, I’m not great at math but anyway you slice it Corbin has more...
single shot Wrote:This from the guy that’s putting Harlan Co. at the top of 4A... Johnson Central has 1 only 1 state championship, I’m not great at math but anyway you slice it Corbin has more...

Never put Harlan Co at top , just said I don’t believe 19 teams in 4A are better then them. Keep dreaming if u think Corbins program is better then John Cent and Lex Cath
JerryGarcia Wrote:Never put Harlan Co at top , just said I don’t believe 19 teams in 4A are better then them. Keep dreaming if u think Corbins program is better then John Cent and Lex Cath

I don’t think Corbin’s program is better than Johnson Central they are a solid program but I also don’t think Johnson Central is any better than Corbin. I’m not sure what your basing your high opinion of Lexington Catholic on but your insane if you think they’re a better program than Corbin we would have dog stomped them the last few years and even though most consider this to be a down year for us we’d still beat their brakes off good thing is it won’t be much to argue over soon all these teams are in 4A...
I agree U would have beat them last couple yrs cause they have been a bit down. Still have 3 finals appearances and 2 titles in last 15 yrs.
And yes John Cent would have dog-stomped Corbin last few yrs
JerryGarcia Wrote:I agree U would have beat them last couple yrs cause they have been a bit down. Still have 3 finals appearances and 2 titles in last 15 yrs.

They have one state championship in 2005 and one finals appearance in 2015 they are not a better program
https://khsaa.org/records/football/pastwinners.pdf
JerryGarcia Wrote:And yes John Cent would have dog-stomped Corbin last few yrs

Whatever that’s butthurt talking...with nothing to base it on, especially since this group of seniors beat Johnson Central in the middle school state playoff
single shot Wrote:They have one state championship in 2005 and one finals appearance in 2015 they are not a better program
https://khsaa.org/records/football/pastwinners.pdf
Wrong again. They won in 2007 as well butt-hurt boy
15 year period: These programs in the mountains are better than Corbin.
Belfry, Bell Co, Johnson Central, Pikeville, Pulaski Co and Hazard..
JMO
Don’t think John Cent would have went 1-3 against Mayfield last yrs or split with a class A school
single shot Wrote:Whatever that’s butthurt talking...with nothing to base it on, especially since this group of seniors beat Johnson Central in the middle school state playoff

That middle school championship along with $1.00 will get u a cup of coffee at McDonald’s
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next