Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 21 Raceland 14
RAMDAD50 Wrote:But it's ok for a troubled student to transfer 4 or 5 times and not be punished??This is really not fair to the athlete!When a kid that plays football in collage gets picked up for drinking it makes the papers and we all talk about it and the kid loses he's scholarship!But his peers Can get picked up for the same thing and nothing happens.I hate the transfer stuff but I don't think you can cookie cutter a rule and apply it!Each case needs to be looked at individually and we need to find something that is worded in a way that excludes sports all together.I probably done a terrible job at getting my point across but I think you guys will get what I'm trying to say!

As far as these transfers coming in....I hope it's not true because I said it earlier!Id rather lose with our kids then win with someone else's.Over the years when we've had our better teams we always run into a team that has a ton of transfers on it.LCA,then Fairview,then Williamsburg and noe Paintsville.If that's what you have to do to win then I'm not interested.Ill be happy with winning 8 10 and sometimes 12 ball games a year and watching kids play where their dads,uncles,cousin,brothers and even grandads played!Oh.....and even one sister!!!!Hahahah I almost forgot about her.

I agree, but the kids coming in arent really kids u go "looking for". If they wanna switch schools wnd play ball for us, im all for it. We havent ever went looking for kids and anyone that says we have just look at our championship banners for proof lol
I get what Ramdad is saying about kids coming in and every situation is different . Take Nathaniel and Noah we live in Ashland and moved our boys to Raceland for a reason that had nothing to do with sports it just so happens they play sports . So not every transfer is sports related .
swampdonkey Wrote:Evidentally Paintsville is the team to hate, no matter what class your team plays in lol. I just don't understand it. They are the epitome of an underdog story coming from where their program a few, to two state semi final appearances and two undefeated regular seasons. As for Tomcat Pride, I'm sure most can undestand why his ignorance and insecurity has spread all the way down to a 1A program. His bunch couldn't beat the one 1A school on their schedule. Now granted, Raceland had an awesome team this year, but man that had to hurt lol. Let's all just rejoice that we aren't Tomcat and pitty his ignorance

Raceland beat them 3 years in a roll a few years ago! After that they wouldn't play them the first game of the year. Also, Mark AD from Ashland cried like a baby about Rose Hill for years and Fairview, and then took all the Rose Hill basketball players. I was sitting at a JFL game and Dickie Martin started screaming at the Refs, You are at our Place, that was a Bad Blank and blank call!! I said, Dickie I have young kids sitting with me, watch your mouth please! He said, this is my house.....I had to move my players out of the end zone. I Lost ALL respect for that program! Hornbuckle and Hienimen was about the only classy JfL coach I know from there. They cry about everything these days! Also, parents sometimes moves students for the test scores and education....it's not always about sports.