•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 Betsy Layne Bobcats
good luck but i think that first you guys need to change your name. Betsy Lane is almost laughable. whats your nickname the maids lol. and And Here Come The Betsy Lane Maids haha
Four words for you. OAB: "Let's make some history!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon:
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:betsy layne has never made the playoffs, this would be a historic season if the bobcats can make it to the playoffs.

good luck coach B.
I think they can make it to the playoffs, all they have to beat is Allen Central....South Floyd....and Phelps....wouldnt that put them into the playoffs??? They MAY even have a shot at Paintsville, ne team can be beaten.....I look for Betsy Layne to make playoffs easily.
I dont know how they will face off with the new alignment, but I look for good game, especially againsed jenkins and SF...
We all know the Pikeville Turnout, but after taking advice from us, and keeping it good in the weight room in the off season, maybe a few years down the road we will have a good game...

Good Luck BL BobCats, and remeber to keep it up in the off-season...if there is one thing I have learned about it...it's you build in the off-season, and maintain in the year, max-out and increase your weight instead of relaxing.

GL
Thanks DevilsWin. Best of luck to you guys too, even though you guys don't need it. I hope to get my program to that caliber one day!
DevilsWin Wrote:Best of Luck Coach B!:Thumbs:
Thanks for the well wishes bizmark. We are the Betsy Layne Bobcats, keep your ears open this season and you may hear us roar!
bizmark Wrote:good luck but i think that first you guys need to change your name. Betsy Lane is almost laughable. whats your nickname the maids lol. and And Here Come The Betsy Lane Maids haha
Hey lets give the coach a break here. From what I gather on this thread Coach B is trying to rebuild a program. That in and of itself is to be commended. It also speaks volumes about his character. We need more coaches like this one.
Advance Eagles Wrote:Hey lets give the coach a break here. From what I gather on this thread Coach B is trying to rebuild a program. That in and of itself is to be commended. It also speaks volumes about his character. We need more coaches like this one.

I think he is trying to build, not rebuild. Hard to bebuild on nothing. I do like coach B style and his upbeat attitude. Let's hope his kids take after him in that aspect. As far as the playoffs are concerned it is all up in air after Pikeville IMO. Good luck to you all coach. It will be a big transition from playing for noting to playing for a chance at the playoffs.
Thanks Train! I have a great group of young men returning. Going from no chance of a playoff to playing for a playoff spot is a transition that we will glad shoot for. I feel that since July 10 when I was hired at BL that the football attitude has turned 360 degrees. I really feel good about the direction that our program is going.
TRAIN85 Wrote:I think he is trying to build, not rebuild. Hard to bebuild on nothing. I do like coach B style and his upbeat attitude. Let's hope his kids take after him in that aspect. As far as the playoffs are concerned it is all up in air after Pikeville IMO. Good luck to you all coach. It will be a big transition from playing for noting to playing for a chance at the playoffs.
well we all ways here about blair and case.what about some of the linemen.how is the jarrell,hamilton and slone kids looking
All are starting to work hard on the weights. Korey J. jumped from 225 to 295 on his bench. Travis and Bo after watching "Facing the Giants" have changed their entire out look on football. They now know what it takes and are busting their butts in the weight room. People will be surprised with our line play next year.
RiseUp Wrote:well we all ways here about blair and case.what about some of the linemen.how is the jarrell,hamilton and slone kids looking
CoachB Wrote:I can honestly say that our line this year could possibly be one of the best that I have seen in a long time. We are returning about nine that started at least 3 games on the O-Line and four or five that started or played most of the games on the D-Line. Most are giving great dedication to the weight room. I have one or two that will make a choice shortly or have the choice made for them concerning their dedication to the program. We have 4 freshmen and an eighth grader that have been working extremely hard in the weight room, about 4-5 sophomores and 6 juniors that are working hard. Six weeks ago on lineman maxed at 225 on the bench, yesterday he maxed at 295 and he is a sophomore that started every game last year. I feel GREAT about the effort and the team that is returning.:Clap:
225 - 295 in 6 weeks, thats good, reall good. Well the way you all are talkin you all should make playoffs no doubt
Who will be your front 5 on the OL? That's what I believe is the key to winning consistently. Don't matter how good your backs are, if you don't have a good line to block for them, it's hard to move the ball. JMO
I won't name the 5, because the spots will be earned in practice. Last year, Zach started center, Korey and Jordan H. started guards, and Travis and Bo started at tackles in many games. Danny, Blake L., Greg, Nathan, Jared, Charles, and Leighton will also see time. Our line is looking good. I probably left out someone without having my workout sheets in front of me. We will be fine up front!
OnCeABobcat Wrote:Who will be your front 5 on the OL? That's what I believe is the key to winning consistently. Don't matter how good your backs are, if you don't have a good line to block for them, it's hard to move the ball. JMO
GOOD LUCK BOBCATS........hope to see u guys in the playoffs
This will be a history making season, the bobcats in the playoffs for the first time EVER. Coach B, the o-line looks good, seems to be very competitive for next year.
And "Facing the Giants" is one of the best movies ever.....
CoachB Wrote:I won't name the 5, because the spots will be earned in practice. Last year, Zach started center, Korey and Jordan H. started guards, and Travis and Bo started at tackles in many games. Danny, Blake L., Greg, Nathan, Jared, Charles, and Leighton will also see time. Our line is looking good. I probably left out someone without having my workout sheets in front of me. We will be fine up front!
Thanks coach, I should've known you couldn't post your lineup before the season ever starts, my bad. But it sounds like you got quite a bit of boys to keep that line fresh. Good Luck again!!!
We should be able to have alot of kids go one way only which would be nice. We also had a kid transfer into our district from a neighboring school and we are waiting on the release before he starts lifting.
OnCeABobcat Wrote:Thanks coach, I should've known you couldn't post your lineup before the season ever starts, my bad. But it sounds like you got quite a bit of boys to keep that line fresh. Good Luck again!!!
CoachB Wrote:We should be able to have alot of kids go one way only which would be nice. We also had a kid transfer into our district from a neighboring school and we are waiting on the release before he starts lifting.
That's better when you have a certain DL and a certain OL not all 5 boys on both OL and DL, that way the boys up front can stay fresh, and do their job better.
I was watching the basketball team play, and seen that Newman kid play. He's a pretty big ole boy and only a junior and I was just wonderin coach if he's gonna play for you next season?
He did tell me that he was going to play. We will just have to wait and see what happens with the basketball coaching situation. I look to see quite a few of the basketball boys switch maybe to football only. I'd really like to them excel at both.
OnCeABobcat Wrote:I was watching the basketball team play, and seen that Newman kid play. He's a pretty big ole boy and only a junior and I was just wonderin coach if he's gonna play for you next season?
yea i was watching the baskeyball team as well and that Lafferty kid looks like he could help out alot
I know he could help us. He was supposed to have been a good RB in grade school. Unless he changes his mind, I don't see him playing. I have asked all of them individually to play!

RiseUp Wrote:yea i was watching the baskeyball team as well and that Lafferty kid looks like he could help out alot
Coach B, I hear some Valley Kats are unhappy and may be moving into yoour district. Do you know anytrhing about this?
I haven't heard anything like that. We did get two new eighth graders come up and start lifting today. That puts us up to 20 lifters. I am really pleased about that.:Thumbs:
Kybob Wrote:Coach B, I hear some Valley Kats are unhappy and may be moving into yoour district. Do you know anytrhing about this?
WOW 20 lifting in the off season. Plus you got several who are playing basketball right now!!! That's pretty impressive for Betsy Layne Football. Nice Work Coach!!!
What's your staff look like for next season? Bout how many coaches will you have on your coaching staff next year> Just Curious
has blhs ever been to the playoffs?
dfblackcat53 Wrote:has blhs ever been to the playoffs?

No
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next