Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County 14 Graves County 7 - 5A State Championship
64SUR Wrote:Go ahead EKUAlum05 you're :welcome: to evaluated Williamsburg....:please:

They were really good. Still think Pulaski, Southwestern, and Corbin were a bit better... but WBurg could beat any of the three on a given night.

I didn't expect Griffith to be as accurate as he was passing and have as big of an arm.

Teams with lots of depth would hurt Williamsburg, but I don't think there is a team in EKY they couldn't hang with in a single game setting.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They were really good. Still think Pulaski, Southwestern, and Corbin were a bit better... but WBurg could beat any of the three on a given night.

I didn't expect Griffith to be as accurate as he was passing and have as big of an arm.

Teams with lots of depth would hurt Williamsburg, but I don't think there is a team in EKY they couldn't hang with in a single game setting.

I want argue with that Williamsburg team was a special team. :thanks: Back to Pulaski congratulations again from 64SUR :Cheerlead
Wildcat18 Wrote:This is the most uninformed comment on this thread. It's obvious you have no idea how close SW is to winning at an elite level. SW is very capable of it next year. The talent is there and it always has been. You don't go from 1-9 to 10-3 and a district championship in one off-season by rebuilding for several years. Coaching philosophies and cleaning out the elite talent in the hallways was the turning point. With all that said, they still have to beat Pulaski when it matters which will be a task. 5A is in position to load up next year with numerous teams.

Everything timed out (barely and just-right) for Pulaski this season, and in all honesty, that's basically the definition of "state championship" for most programs. They are very talented, well-coached and much deserving of their success. That defense of theirs was lights-out. Like trying to block eleven linebackers.

When the state first began this six-class stuff, I'm sure Coach Hines (and others) saw an opportunity/path to this sort of success. They put in the preparation, work and resolve to get the job done, and they've made some history.

With new classifications in 2015, Highlands, CovCath and others make the 5A east much more challenging, but the Maroons' cupboard is far from bare. If I were a handicapper, I'd make them and Highlands a "pick-em" for semi-state champ. If they meet in the semi's, though, it will be in Fort Thomas.

Should be a great ride for Coach Hines and crew; congrats on the trophy and best of luck.
Wildcat18 Wrote:This is the most uninformed comment on this thread. It's obvious you have no idea how close SW is to winning at an elite level. SW is very capable of it next year. The talent is there and it always has been. You don't go from 1-9 to 10-3 and a district championship in one off-season by rebuilding for several years. Coaching philosophies and cleaning out the elite talent in the hallways was the turning point. With all that said, they still have to beat Pulaski when it matters which will be a task. 5A is in position to load up next year with numerous teams.

LOL...You say you are close, then you say you still have to beat Pulaski and then an improved 5A...doesn't sound real confident...or does it? :lame:
FarristownFlyer Wrote:LOL...You say you are close, then you say you still have to beat Pulaski and then an improved 5A...doesn't sound real confident...or does it? :lame:

well we know who is not close, The overated, one man show madison southern. they can't beat either SW or Pulaski. even with the so called best rb in the nation, which should be disputed, you guys could not come close :biglmao:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They were really good. Still think Pulaski, Southwestern, and Corbin were a bit better... but WBurg could beat any of the three on a given night.

your post is good except Wiliamsburg is better than pulaski and could beat them a on a given night but not SW. other than that nice post :rockon:
:dudecomeon:
Old Jumper Wrote:Everything timed out (barely and just-right) for Pulaski this season, and in all honesty, that's basically the definition of "state championship" for most programs. They are very talented, well-coached and much deserving of their success. That defense of theirs was lights-out. Like trying to block eleven linebackers.

When the state first began this six-class stuff, I'm sure Coach Hines (and others) saw an opportunity/path to this sort of success. They put in the preparation, work and resolve to get the job done, and they've made some history.

With new classifications in 2015, Highlands, CovCath and others make the 5A east much more challenging, but the Maroons' cupboard is far from bare. If I were a handicapper, I'd make them and Highlands a "pick-em" for semi-state champ. If they meet in the semi's, though, it will be in Fort Thomas.

Should be a great ride for Coach Hines and crew; congrats on the trophy and best of luck.

:dudecomeon: calm down, you sound like a love struck teenage boy :yum:
wiznut Wrote:I agree may even slide SW past pulaski we outscored and split two games with them.we lost one because our best back was out or we beat pulaski. Pulaski very fortunate the 5a was awful this year and their path was very easy beside SW. 5a the weakest it has been in years the worst out all 6 classes this year. graves their opp lost to class 1 a champ mayfield by 21-0. 5a was terrible this year. SW is better and should be no.3 pulaski no. 4 even with the weak state title they were fortunate to win. SW beats graves by 28 if mayfield beat them by 21.

I'm not a genious but I look at these things this way- especially in head-to-head matchups. Your best RB scored 0 (zero) points in the first game. So was worth 0 (zero) points in the second. Riley Hall did not play in the first game and PC scored 0 (zero) points. He played in the 2nd and they scored 24 points in that one. So Hall was worth 24 points. Your best vs our best, looks like a 24 point swing. so if Riley plays in the first we win it.

See, we all can use statistics! :flame::ChairHit::gtfo:
FarristownFlyer Wrote:LOL...You say you are close, then you say you still have to beat Pulaski and then an improved 5A...doesn't sound real confident...or does it? :lame:

Let's make this clear. I'm not a SW guy, but I do respect them. They were a blocked punt away from being in Pulaski's shoes this year. I'm confident that Pulaski and SW will be in the regional final again next year. There's always a shot with other upsets that go on around the state. Now for Madison Southern, my confidence level was never really that high, but it still does drop significantly for next year.

I think SW beat Pulaski once last season. I'm sure WILDCAT18 knows more about the state of the Pulaski progams than you would.
wiznut Wrote:well we know who is not close, The overated, one man show madison southern. they can't beat either SW or Pulaski. even with the so called best rb in the nation, which should be disputed, you guys could not come close :biglmao:

I never even said a word about Southern on this thread. I'm talking about SW!!! Madison Southern had their chance and pissed it away...YOU DON'T THINK I KNOW THAT??? As far a SW goes they still have to go through Pulaski and now Highlands on the other side starting next year...GOOD LUCK 5A...Highlands is here!!!
wiseguy85 Wrote:I'm not a genious but I look at these things this way- especially in head-to-head matchups. Your best RB scored 0 (zero) points in the first game. So was worth 0 (zero) points in the second. Riley Hall did not play in the first game and PC scored 0 (zero) points. He played in the 2nd and they scored 24 points in that one. So Hall was worth 24 points. Your best vs our best, looks like a 24 point swing. so if Riley plays in the first we win it.

See, we all can use statistics! :flame::ChairHit::gtfo:

listen wisegirlyman it was 30-24 SW in two games. can you do math dummy, apparently not so I will do it for you 30-24 :welcome:
FarristownFlyer Wrote:I never even said a word about Southern on this thread. I'm talking about SW!!! Madison Southern had their chance and pissed it away...YOU DON'T THINK I KNOW THAT??? As far a SW goes they still have to go through Pulaski and now Highlands on the other side starting next year...GOOD LUCK 5A...Highlands is here!!!

pissing it away is an understandment. goodluck Madison Southern bottom of the district is here. you and south laurel can battle for the bottom again :biggrin: stay off our threads m.s. was barely relevant the last two years now they are definitley not. this thread is for winners and contenders , in which puslaski and SW are, SW being the better of the two but still , have a nice day.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Let's make this clear. I'm not a SW guy, but I do respect them. They were a blocked punt away from being in Pulaski's shoes this year. I'm confident that Pulaski and SW will be in the regional final again next year. There's always a shot with other upsets that go on around the state. Now for Madison Southern, my confidence level was never really that high, but it still does drop significantly for next year.

wildcat18 you are the man! Confusedinglepar
FarristownFlyer Wrote:Southwest Pulaski WILL NOT win a state title. It took Pulaski Co. several years to build, taste defeat at that level, and then get hungry and go do it. Not talking shit to SW, but it just doesn't happen and Coach French knows that and the fans should too.

oh thank you so much wise one for educationg us. what great football acumen you have. why dont you worry about your sorry butt m.s. team who could beat no team out of pulaski okay :Thumbs:
jumper1 Wrote:Congratulations Maroons!!! State Champions!!! The boys worked their rears off in the off season to return and win the championship, mission accomplished. Now lets start working again for next season to hopefully bring home 2 championships..Go Briar Jumpers #BBN, Go Maroons and Go Warriors!!!!!

stop kissing everyones :moon: your niceties bore me :trolldad2:
wiznut Wrote:pissing it away is an understandment. goodluck Madison Southern bottom of the district is here. you and south laurel can battle for the bottom again :biggrin: stay off our threads m.s. was barely relevant the last two years now they are definitley not. this thread is for winners and contenders , in which puslaski and SW are, SW being the better of the two but still , have a nice day.

We aren't in this district anymore...we got moved to the north with Anderson Co., and those guys, I hate it because this is the best 5A district.
If im not mistaken, District 7 will become a 4 team district next year. There was no reason they couldn't let Madison Southern stay.

Now it will only be SW, Pulaski, Lincoln, and South Laurel.

North Laurel moved to district 8.
Bottom line is the SW fans are on a championship thread talking trash says alot about them as a whole( which I have pointed out alot). It was a national day of mourning on Slate Branch when Pulaski won. wiznut and your boys need to say congrats to the Maroons and kneel to the kings of 5A for 2014. KINGS. KINGS. Mighty Maroons!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If im not mistaken, District 7 will become a 4 team district next year. There was no reason they couldn't let Madison Southern stay.

...and Madison Southern WANTED and BEGGED to stay. Up or down, Southern has felt like for the first time they finally had created some nice opponents and made some actual rivals that they themselves and the others teams liked playing.
Lilly Wrote:Bottom line is the SW fans are on a championship thread talking trash says alot about them as a whole( which I have pointed out alot). It was a national day of mourning on Slate Branch when Pulaski won. wiznut and your boys need to say congrats to the Maroons and kneel to the kings of 5A for 2014. KINGS. KINGS. Mighty Maroons!

I know kneeling is a position you spend most of your time in Lilly girl but true warriors like me kneel to no one. It was not a sad day for us to know we were one injured player away from being state champs. now go find someone to kneel to wussy :gtfo:

warriors :1: district champs & 10 wins after a 1-9 year GO WARRIORS
wiznut you know how silly it looks for you to say woulda coulda shoulda....lololololol. And you have knelt alot BUNNY BOY.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If im not mistaken, District 7 will become a 4 team district next year. There was no reason they couldn't let Madison Southern stay.

Let me be the first to congratulate the DC at Lincoln County and the DC at South Laurel for making their first post season appearance in 4 years next season.:Clap:
2ndandshort...Its ridiculous indeed. Nothing to work for if everyone makes the playoffs. Whats everyones motivation to put out during the regular season besides seeding?
2ndandshort Wrote:Let me be the first to congratulate the DC at Lincoln County and the DC at South Laurel for making their first post season appearance in 4 years next season.:Clap:

:biglmao: now that is funny Indeed 2nd and short TongueirateSho
Woody Hayes Wrote:2ndandshort...Its ridiculous indeed. Nothing to work for if everyone makes the playoffs. Whats everyones motivation to put out during the regular season besides seeding?

What's the motivation? What's the motivation?!?

Ummm . . . how about "not getting our asses kicked in front of our friends, families and girlfriends?"

Not enough?
FarristownFlyer Wrote:...and Madison Southern WANTED and BEGGED to stay. Up or down, Southern has felt like for the first time they finally had created some nice opponents and made some actual rivals that they themselves and the others teams liked playing.
After talking to some Madison Southern friends of mine, to their credit they keep Pulaski on their schedule for this coming season when they did not have to.:Thumbs:
jumperdogpete Wrote:After talking to some Madison Southern friends of mine, to their credit they keep Pulaski on their schedule for this coming season when they did not have to.:Thumbs:

We may take a couple of beatings this upcoming year, but I am not exaggerating, this team is going to be really good in 2 years...our middle school teams have been rolling people and our freshman team lost 1 game this past year. This is the best overall district in 5A and we wanted to stay instead we have to do a lot more traveling in 2015. Hopefully we will come back to this district in a few years.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:We may take a couple of beatings this upcoming year, but I am not exaggerating, this team is going to be really good in 2 years...our middle school teams have been rolling people and our freshman team lost 1 game this past year. This is the best overall district in 5A and we wanted to stay instead we have to do a lot more traveling in 2015. Hopefully we will come back to this district in a few years.

Your middle schools never play teams outside of the Richmond/Lexington area. When they do, they lose big. That's why it doesn't translate to the high school level unless you have a once in a lifetime player. They play weaker schedules secluded inside a 30 mile radius and when they win them all, their heads blow up. When they play some of the mountain/eastern KY teams, they get that reality check. You see it with Central and you will now see it with Southern. That's not a knock, please don't take it the wrong way, that's just the cold hard facts.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Your middle schools never play teams outside of the Richmond/Lexington area. When they do, they lose big. That's why it doesn't translate to the high school level unless you have a once in a lifetime player. They play weaker schedules secluded inside a 30 mile radius and when they win them all, their heads blow up. When they play some of the mountain/eastern KY teams, they get that reality check. You see it with Central and you will now see it with Southern. That's not a knock, please don't take it the wrong way, that's just the cold hard facts.

I'm disputing that totally, but our middle schools aren't allowed to travel much because the bulk of the money goes to the high school. We have played the Boyle team very close this past years and that is usually a team we haven't played much and seems to be a good measuring stick from what I hear from surrounding areas. Plus this group of freshman are the first to be combined from Farristown and Foley so things are on the rise and from hear on out we should get about 30 or more kids from each class. You bring up a very good point but the level of competition has gotten better the last 2 years so I think it should translate to the field, and what most teams have forgotten that the bulk of these kids who played for Southern this year were freshman and sophomores after about game 4. So I think it gonna be better, but NOW being in a region with Highlands means since they moved up doesn't sound real good.