•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 Teams You Just Don't Like
hawg laig Wrote:Johnson Central-They have had a good run lately, but they act like they have been a powerhouse throughout their history.

So says the guy that roots for a team with a head coach that refuses to play them. I know of several times that JC has tried to get them in a Bowl or a regular season game. Back before 2003, D would take it any time it was offered but now he politely declines. And you want to talk about Pikeville's district, look at yours. Betsy Layne, Leslie and Shelby Valley. Pikeville would win all three of those as well on a yearly basis.
1. Breathitt County
2. Pike Central
3. Sheldon Clark
4. Pikeville
5. Bell County
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Granny Bear Wrote:That's right asshole....feeeelllll the hate; come over to the dark side; LIVE in the deep dark hills!!

Tolljaso.........Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:from what I've seen overall. Raceland has some of the best fans and Hazard has some of the most rude I've seen. I guess I didn't see the bad Raceland fans lol

why the tj hate. unless I missed it I don't remember him being bad mouthed at raeland, only after he goes to russell
Quite a dislike for Breathitt haha.
hs athletics fan Wrote:Quite a dislike for Breathitt haha.

There are several factors that lead to that.

1. Breathitt has been really good for a long time. The common theme in most lists will be teams who win and typically win big.

2. Holcomb and Chapman polarize people. I have always been a big Holcomb fan but in his career he has had his moments where he wouldn't let off the gas pedal when the game was already out of question. John Chapman will always be synonymous with Breathitt and the vast majority of people (including myself) are not fans.

3. The way Breathitt has played has always been with an edge and based off big hits and their fair share of personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conducts. No biggie to me personally.

4. Playing at Breathitt is not a walk in the park. Horrible visitor seating and Breathitt fans aren't winning sportsmanship trophies.
papagrit Wrote:Tolljaso.........Confusednicker:

Actually I was going more for Darth Vader and the StarWars "FORCE".

:lmao:
1. any team east of the tennessee river
2. any team north of the ohio river
3. any team west of the mississippi river
4. any team south of fulton, graves, and calloway counties
5. any team not in the jackson purchase sums it up better
Granted P-burg's district isn't a powerhouse but all 4 teams would soundly beat the 3 teams in Pikeville's district.
As far as Johnson Central. from what I hear the coaches don't care much for each other, but I do think it is funny a large school calling out a school that is lucky to dress more than 30 kids.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:There are several factors that lead to that.

1. Breathitt has been really good for a long time. The common theme in most lists will be teams who win and typically win big.

2. Holcomb and Chapman polarize people. I have always been a big Holcomb fan but in his career he has had his moments where he wouldn't let off the gas pedal when the game was already out of question. John Chapman will always be synonymous with Breathitt and the vast majority of people (including myself) are not fans.

3. The way Breathitt has played has always been with an edge and based off big hits and their fair share of personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conducts. No biggie to me personally.

4. Playing at Breathitt is not a walk in the park. Horrible visitor seating and Breathitt fans aren't winning sportsmanship trophies.

Personal threats made to yours truly before we spanked their tail in the "barechest" game in 2011 at Breathitt, and did I ever mention their radio crew of 2008 lol:biggrin:
To piggy back that, there was an altercation after the 19 point playoff comeback in 2001 @ Breathitt. I was blindsided by a player and his father on the field after the game.
bucslover68 Wrote:Personal threats made to yours truly before we spanked their tail in the "barechest" game in 2011 at Breathitt, and did I ever mention their radio crew of 2008 lol:biggrin:
2011 was a good game Breathitt muffed a punt late in the 3rd quarter down a touchdown and Belfry took one of those great long drives they are so well at. I'm just curious about what the radio crew incident is I've seen it posted on this thread. I never listen to Breathitt on the radio usually terrible play by play.
irishcard16 Wrote:To piggy back that, there was an altercation after the 19 point playoff comeback in 2001 @ Breathitt. I was blindsided by a player and his father on the field after the game.
Some idiots can ruin the whole image in an instant. But I'd say a lot of teams have crazy fans. But Breathitt does have a lot of bad apples I will say that.
We luuuuvv u GUT! Come on over to the dark side.
bucslover68 Wrote:Personal threats made to yours truly before we spanked their tail in the "barechest" game in 2011 at Breathitt, and did I ever mention their radio crew of 2008 lol:biggrin:

Who would ever threaten you of all people?

Joe Kinzer probably deserves a threat every game....

...But you?
FarristownFlyer Wrote:What's the HELMET incident.

Madison Southern player hitting Whitley County player in the face with a helmet at the end of the game after a win while in line shaking hands.
pjdoug Wrote:Madison Southern player hitting Whitley County player in the face with a helmet at the end of the game after a win while in line shaking hands.
I hope the Madison Southern player suspended for the rest of the season...Was he penalized?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Who would ever threaten you of all people?

...But you?

Every time I hear Joe's voice I threaten several people.:biggrin:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Who would ever threaten you of all people?

...But you?

I have had to be Joe's personal bodyguard several times, specifically at Sheldon Clark one year lol...As for me, no reason why anyone should threaten me unless they didn't like being called out for what was the truth and had many witnesses.
hs athletics fan Wrote:2011 was a good game Breathitt muffed a punt late in the 3rd quarter down a touchdown and Belfry took one of those great long drives they are so well at. I'm just curious about what the radio crew incident is I've seen it posted on this thread. I never listen to Breathitt on the radio usually terrible play by play.

2008 was a great win for Breathitt at Belfry. I understand being excited, but to slam chairs and beat walls and abuse property was beyond anything normal that I have ever witnessed from an opposing radio team. In 2011, on BGR, I mentioned this fact and was threatened back with bodily harm and verbal threats not to show my face in the press box...that they would be waiting there for me. Needless to say, I was not scared and there was never an incident. I personally did not believe there would be...their radio crew never acknowledged that we were 20 feet away and never offered any help or rosters or arranged to have any drinks or food. That is fine. Not all the Breathitt people are judged by me in this way because of a few bad ones. It is all water under the bridge IMO. You are correct that in 2011 a couple of big plays doomed the Bobcats.
hawg laig Wrote:Granted P-burg's district isn't a powerhouse but all 4 teams would soundly beat the 3 teams in Pikeville's district.
As far as Johnson Central. from what I hear the coaches don't care much for each other, but I do think it is funny a large school calling out a school that is lucky to dress more than 30 kids.

All coaches get along fine from what I gather now that D-Ray is your issue. I agree that all three teams could beat Pikeville's opponents and Pikeville could beat all three of yours so it is a mute point. It is bad enough that you take your ball and go home with Belfry after they left the district, but to not even sit at the same table with a team 10 minutes away is just as bad.
Wow I never knew that. That's sickening to hear that's how they acted.
hs athletics fan Wrote:Some idiots can ruin the whole image in an instant. But I'd say a lot of teams have crazy fans. But Breathitt does have a lot of bad apples I will say that.
Yeah it was the craziest thing I've ever been a part of. Emotions were a little high anyway given the previous years " phantom catch" in the end zone. Lol
I do remember in 2004, Johnson Central was scheduled to play Pike County Central... but sometime in the summer, Pike Central backed out/bought out their part of the contract.

It's good to play a few local teams... and when I say local I mean a team within your home county or a team from a county that borders you.

Prestonsburg, Betsy Layne, South Floyd, Allen Central, Sheldon Clark, Magoffin County, Morgan County, Lawrence County and Paintsville are the teams that would fall in to the category I mentioned.
Of those, Prestonsburg, Sheldon Clark or Lawrence County would be a great Home/Home series. I would like to see JC and P-Burg have a game on the Friday night of Apple Day or Jenny Wiley Days.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
30 going on 40 Wrote:Beechwood never seemed arrogant to me. Highlands...that's arrogance. Beechwood was always just hard working, huge guys that were absolutely crazy. Not a good crazy either.

I don't think Highlands people are any more arrogant than the next guy... Its just that the facts about Highlands are arrogant when said aloud.
Yep, showing some real class from the Pond Creek Nation........ Do you realize that kids read this. Grow up and show some real class. I haven't seen anyone from Pike Central on here trashing belfry. But they know the chain of command here and who controls the posts. The joke is BGR is called the (Belfry Gossip Room) and your post are quite humorous and indicative of the arrogance that floats around. You know it is just over Bent Mtn.

It's ok if you don't like Chapman, take it to him like a man, to his face. I'm sure he could careless about your opinions. He's gone let it go. But these remarks do bother some of the kids, some do have friends and family at belfry and they don't hate each other.
If kids are mature enough to read this they can deal with it. No one has said anything about kids from PC and if you look at all the posts on all the threads a lot of people are glad Coach Thacker is there and wish him well. Chapman on the other hand is the anti-class...The coach who refused to be a man and walk a few feet and congratulate the all-time victory leader in this state...good Coach, very little class. No one on here HATES anyone, but everyone has a right to their opinion, and Chapman would NEVER coach my child and I am very surprised he lasted at PC as long as he did especially with some of the good folks they have at that school in administrative positions.
5 I just don't like...

5 Beechwood
4 Mayfield
3 Highlands
2 Williamsburg
1 Somerset
pjdoug Wrote:Madison Southern player hitting Whitley County player in the face with a helmet at the end of the game after a win while in line shaking hands.

I forgot about that and I do remember the player who did that. He was suspended if memory serves me correctly. Coach Elkin took care him. That was a dumb move on the players part.
OldJacket Wrote:I hope the Madison Southern player suspended for the rest of the season...Was he penalized?

He was...that was the 1994 season, Coach Mike Elkin handled that quickly!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next