•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro job open!!
FlippedOut Wrote:[quote=teampaul]

We agree once again. Mr. Bennett is one of the best men that you will find. My point and I should have made it more clear. Martin has made an enviroment that many fear for their own jobs. Bennett is as good as they come.

I certainly didnt intent to speak in a disparaging fashion about the principal. If it appeared that way, I apologize to the man. I have never met him. I was just wondering his position on the situation along with the A.D. and the Site Based Council.
DJT Wrote:He is assistant coach at Bourbon Co him and his family are from Middlesboro his father is a good friend of Steve Martin he has never had any experience as a head coach but with twenty seniors they will make him look pretty good but after next season we will see his coaching ability this team next year is what Frazier has worked the last four years to make and the guy that said Frazier interview for job at LLC is not true and you are a idiot for posting something you don't know anything about.

If you are speaking of me I didn't say he was interviewing for LCC. What I meant to imply was he should have got the job several years ago, and Middlesboro looks to be becoming a place much like Letcher. I went on to say I would have like to have seen Frazier get the job then, but not now. Big Difference...
From an outsider looking in this is an absolutely awful move. Middlesboro had not had a strong team since 2003 (a full decade) and had built themselves to a District Title and a 9-3 record with a very young team.

The Jackets were about to legitimately be a Pre-Season Top 5 team in 2A. The fact this move is made sooooo late in the off-season only makes it worse.
DJT Wrote:He is assistant coach at Bourbon Co him and his family are from Middlesboro his father is a good friend of Steve Martin he has never had any experience as a head coach but with twenty seniors they will make him look pretty good but after next season we will see his coaching ability this team next year is what Frazier has worked the last four years to make and the guy that said Frazier interview for job at LLC is not true and you are a idiot for posting something you don't know anything about.

ZM will be a good head coach. Still, I dont think ZM or anyone else will like how this has transpired. Unless there are things out there that warrant this, then good luck to the "wild and crazy guy" who brought this on.
Quickkickonthird Wrote:Im not familiar with this situation at all but have there been any "official" reasons for his dismissal? I mean "going in a different direction" is not much of a reason for a man to lose his job especially since they seemed to be headed in the "right" direction. Again, I dont know the administration at all but firing the man with his son going into his senior year seems to be pretty low. I feel terrible for the kid. Coaches know the nature of the business that they are in. HS coaches have no contracts so you can be fired for not smiling at the right person but the man's son sure didnt sign up for this! Where is the principal in all of this? Site Based Council??

Didn't they just replace a Principal at the elementary school, plus a couple of others in administration? Maybe people are afraid to speak up.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:From an outsider looking in this is an absolutely awful move. Middlesboro had not had a strong team since 2003 (a full decade) and had built themselves to a District Title and a 9-3 record with a very young team.

The Jackets were about to legitimately be a Pre-Season Top 5 team in 2A. The fact this move is made sooooo late in the off-season only makes it worse.

From what I've seen, it's not that young, a junior-dominated team with at least two very good seniors in Poindexter and Prater. It sounds like 2014 is their best shot at a deep run.
I guess time will tell how good of head coach ZM will be when you are hired by politics you will fall by politics and i asure you there nothing else out there about Frazier if there had of been it would have already been posted. Frazier was done wrong by Steve Martin with his son being a senior and probaby going to have the best team Middlesboro has had in several years due to hard work by players and coaches. I think the football program was let down by Administration and School Board members.
So with these moves this new guy has win district, region, have a record better than 9-3 and at least get to 2A state championship to be successful.

No pressure at all considering no one in the East has been able to knock off Newport cath.

Glad I don't have to answer to that,and the way I got the job. Good luck he will need it.
Next year should for sure be their best team in years. Middlesboro will be loaded next year. Frazier had brought back a lot of pride back to Middlesboro. I hate this happen to him. I hope he is on the sidelines somewhere next year. Shame on the administration at Middlesboro.
The question that I have is how can a school board sit by and let this happen. It looks to me that you have a coach that has revitalized a football program, had a winning season, BEAT BELL COUNTY, voted coach of the year and terminated. Just because the superintendent wants to hire one of his buddies.
If you sit by and let this happen, someday this could be your child, your brother, your sister, or anyone in your family. I'm not sure if this is criminally wrong, but it sure is morally wrong. If we don't stand up to this misguided form of bullying and continue to let people of so called power continue this path that they are on they will run over us. If you let them take your coach today, tomorrow they will take your best math teacher, your best history teacher or your best bus driver. You must rally together and all go as a team to the next school board meeting and demand answers.
We don't stand up for each other enough and as our parents taught us we don't take our part like we should. I believe that the majority of the people in our country don't believe in what is going on, but the majority of the people that vote do. Just because this goes on in Washington, don't let it go on in Middlesboro! Make these school board members be held accountable.
Zach massengill
watcher Wrote:Next year should for sure be their best team in years. Middlesboro will be loaded next year. Frazier had brought back a lot of pride back to Middlesboro. I hate this happen to him. I hope he is on the sidelines somewhere next year. Shame on the administration at Middlesboro.

I am hearing he may be offered to be one someones sideline next year. Just so the administration knows, this did not come from him. I hope it works out.
redstorm Wrote:Zach massengill
Who is Zachary Massengill?
The Middlesboro paper quoted the superintendent as saying the decision was mutual. Did he lie?
I would be surprised to see Frazier any where else this year. He wants to stay with his son for his senior year. What would be wrong with Frazier taking the AD job at MHS if the current AD goes on to become Principal at the Middle School?

Is this the same one that played at Campbellsville University?
luvspugs Wrote:The Middlesboro paper quoted the superintendent as saying the decision was mutual. Did he lie?
yes he lied, it was a complete shock to Frazier from what his friends has told me, the decision to fire the football coach to hire a friends son as coach make you think what decision he making for the school as a whole it really don't look good for middlesboro schools under the current administration.
teampaul Wrote:I would be surprised to see Frazier any where else this year. He wants to stay with his son for his senior year. What would be wrong with Frazier taking the AD job at MHS if the current AD goes on to become Principal at the Middle School?
What makes you think his son going to stay at middlesboro would you take the AD job after who happen and the current administration would have offered it to him when he fired him if that was his intentions.

DJT Wrote:yes he lied, it was a complete shock to Frazier from what his friends has told me, the decision to fire the football coach to hire a friends son as coach make you think what decision he making for the school as a whole it really don't look good for middlesboro schools under the current administration.

Okay, that is what I thought. What a shame. If I was Zachary Massengill I would be embarrassed and ashamed to have my name associated with gas lighting Coach Frazier.
The decision was not mutual at all. Frazier would not have agreed to not see his son through his senior year had he been given a choice. This was a political decision period.
I cannot believe that Massengill guy would take the job after the way this has been handled. He should be embarrassed and ashamed. I wouldn't want my name associated with gas lighting Coach Frazier,,
luvspugs Wrote:I cannot believe that Massengill guy would take the job after the way this has been handled. He should be embarrassed and ashamed. I wouldn't want my name associated with gas lighting Coach Frazier,,

To be honest, I completely disagree that Zach should be embarrassed or ashamed. For one, they haven't hired him. Is anyone sure they have contacted him? With what little contact I have had with Coach Frazier, and knowing Zach, they are both respectable guys. If he is offered the chance to come "home", and even if he is the next HC that doesn't mean he asked for or caused any of these events. It is my opinion that any parent would be fortunate to have their child coached by Zach. I'm sure the same can be said for Coach Frazier, but to insinuate that Zach had a hand in Frazier's fate is ridiculous.
2ndandshort Wrote:To be honest, I completely disagree that Zach should be embarrassed or ashamed. For one, they haven't hired him. Is anyone sure they have contacted him? With what little contact I have had with Coach Frazier, and knowing Zach, they are both respectable guys. If he is offered the chance to come "home", and even if he is the next HC that doesn't mean he asked for or caused any of these events. It is my opinion that any parent would be fortunate to have their child coached by Zach. I'm sure the same can be said for Coach Frazier, but to insinuate that Zach had a hand in Frazier's fate is ridiculous.

This ^^^^. No way Massengill was involved in anything like that.
gridirondaddy Wrote:This ^^^^. No way Massengill was involved in anything like that.

I guess time will tell.
luvspugs Wrote:I guess time will tell.

I don't see how time will tell... Even if he does take the job, I would bet my house that he didn't have anything to do with Frazier losing his job.
gridirondaddy Wrote:I don't see how time will tell... Even if he does take the job, I would bet my house that he didn't have anything to do with Frazier losing his job.

That depends on how one defines "anything". If it is as has been reported, and this has been in the works for awhile, then he had blood on his hands. Clearly, you and I will not agree on this matter.
And, to clarify, by "reported", I am not referring to the press.
luvspugs Wrote:That depends on how one defines "anything". If it is as has been reported, and this has been in the works for awhile, then he had blood on his hands. Clearly, you and I will not agree on this matter.

If you think he had something to do with it, you are absolutely correct... We will not agree on that. I have known Zach for a long time, and he doesn't cut other coaches' throats.
I don't think that anyone is blaming Zack. I think what they're saying is that if he is a good coach then WHEN he does get the job everyone will think its due to politics as opposed to his coaching ability. Not to mention that a friend of his father was at a football game in the middle of the season talking about how Frazier was out and that they're wanting Zach for the position. This is the truth not a rumor. This move has been in the making for awhile and it is a shame. I was told the Middlesboro football players have started a petition to keep Coach Frazier. A lot of people have been hurt by this. I would bet my house that Zack Massengill gets the job. He may be a great coach but Frazier built that team and he should've been allowed to see his son and the other players through their Senior Year.
gridirondaddy Wrote:If you think he had something to do with it, you are absolutely correct... We will not agree on that. I have known Zach for a long time, and he doesn't cut other coaches' throats.

I don't think he is all that innocent in this matter he meet with Steve Martin over Christmas break at central office so he knew what was going to take place. Don't get me wrong they FIRED Frazier so it might as well be Zach Massengill as anybody else it was just not the right way to do it they should have brought Massengill in as an assistant coach and let Frazier finish out next year with his son. And i'm sure Frazier would have agreed for them to go in a different direction. But to do it this way really makes Middlesboro school system inadequate and very unprofessional.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next