Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Central Catholic 2014
I wish they would schedule Highlands again. Would love to see the Birds score a lot of points on them.
I bet you'd like to see the Birds play the Breds again because its going to be a long season for the Birds this year, probably a long couple years. Nice try DB!
Excuse me I am talking about the post above in which it was stated that we did not have a chance against ncc in any year except 2009. The only common opponent and results from 2009-2012 would tend to show different. Look it up. Khsaa has a site that you can compare on.
Tell us more about these changes. Is Anderson for sure playing football this year? Will Gray be able to bounce back from his shoulder injury? Keep hearing/reading about the line play, how are they looking as a unit?
Geez, can we please get back to the thread, what does NCC need to do to become a 2A contender in the 2014 season. It started out good, then a few of you started getting personnel, well I'm sorry to say too a few of you, it's not about you it's the young men getting ready to step on the field in a few month's and if I'm wrong sorry.
Anderson is playing and competing for QB spot. The Kelly Brothers have returned to the Hill to help with coaching duties.
Heard they moved a lineman back from a skilled position, back to a line. Do they need help in the backfield or on the line?
strawberryshakeman Wrote:I bet you'd like to see the Birds play the Breds again because its going to be a long season for the Birds this year, probably a long couple years. Nice try DB!

A long year for the Birds is finishing 13-2 and losing in the state title game. It's disappointing, but I would take that for a down year.
Now that the dead period has arrived, has anyone heard of any surprises/ changes going forward? Any word on the qb situation?
What happened to Coach Lyons?
Heard the same thing shake. Poor kids dad is probably filling his head with notions that he should be the star of the team.
Someone mentioned the kelly brothers are back. Does that mean we can book a state title? Lol
Ice heard a few coaches won't be back next season. Seems disagreements with the O coordinator has rubbed a few coaches the wrong way. Until there is a change, may be a continuing trend up on the hill.
I heard jc Penney is coming to town because of you ....ask anyone.
MrBWesley Wrote:Heard the same thing shake. Poor kids dad is probably filling his head with notions that he should be the star of the team.
Someone mentioned the kelly brothers are back. Does that mean we can book a state title? Lol
Ice heard a few coaches won't be back next season. Seems disagreements with the O coordinator has rubbed a few coaches the wrong way. Until there is a change, may be a continuing trend up on the hill.

Who you talking about in your first few sentences? What coaches will not be returning next year and who was the O coordinator? You mention "until there is a change may be a continuing trend" what does that mean?
strawberryshakeman Wrote:I heard jc Penney is coming to town because of you ....ask anyone.

To whom are you referring to in your post?
JC is a Ryle transfer, I heard the same thing shake, lol. Mantax, are you an NCC fan? I find it hard to believe you are if you don't know who the offensive coordinator is. He is the son of the long time HC up on the hill. Faust and Herring were not coming back as well because of the tension, but their loyalty to Wags brought them back. It's a time bomb up on the hill, you now throw hieghtchew in the mix on that staff, sooner or later the line will be drawn in the sand. Friday night Mr. Flair, there is going to be a throw down.
What in the world is he talking about? Who's dad is filling his son's head? Why the sarcastic remark about the Kelly brothers, and what Coaching problems are you talking about? Please elaborate.
Is the rumor true, NCC is getting a transfer? and if so, what can they expect from this young man. :Clap:
No need to name names yet ND. There have been some issues with certain coaches for along time. One of them was in charge for a long time. Regardless, with coach Wagner retiring and now having the ability to be at NCC full time, will certain people learn their role? That's the question.
No one going to answer? Is Coach Lyons still helping on the hill or not?
^Why does it matter? I haven't heard anything, its still early in the summer.
The Breds will have a good running game this year. Several players, Raleigh and Winters, seem to be coming along on the oline which will bolster an already experienced group. Avg weight across the front should be about 235 to 250lbs. Might not be the biggest group, but they are quick to the block and have one of the best offensive line coach's in nky, imo, in coach Faust to get them ready. Neff, Wieland and Hoover should be the anchors but they have some juniors in Lawrence and Carmack, as well as, a couple soph's who can play. There will be good numbers to rotate from offense and defense, so playiing time will be abundant for all. Bartels will make an impact on defense at either db or linebacker.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:^Why does it matter? I haven't heard anything, its still early in the summer.

Why wouldn't it matter?

Who is or is not on a coaching staff is something routinely discussed. You don't have to look very far above to see where others were discussing it in this thread.

Is there a reason Mr. Lyons status would be different?
You're right, the status of coach's are talked about all the time and his status is no different, but leave it go. Talk about the team, special players, your predictions instead of grinding an obvious personal axe. Maybe, give the guy a call or talk about your issue if you see him, but stop hiding here.
MrBWesley Wrote:JC is a Ryle transfer, I heard the same thing shake, lol. Mantax, are you an NCC fan? I find it hard to believe you are if you don't know who the offensive coordinator is. He is the son of the long time HC up on the hill. Faust and Herring were not coming back as well because of the tension, but their loyalty to Wags brought them back. It's a time bomb up on the hill, you now throw hieghtchew in the mix on that staff, sooner or later the line will be drawn in the sand. Friday night Mr. Flair, there is going to be a throw down.

Who is JC? Never said I was a "fan", simply know many of the kids personally that are in the program. I knew Dave Schneider was the OC, but was not aware that there were other problems amongst the coaching staff. Are you saying that Keith Highchew is now on the coaching staff? What coaches are not returning besides Bob Schneider?
NDFOTBALLJUNKIE Wrote:What in the world is he talking about? Who's dad is filling his son's head? Why the sarcastic remark about the Kelly brothers, and what Coaching problems are you talking about? Please elaborate.

I am with you on these comments. Not exactly sure what was trying to be said. Would be curious to know though, just like you.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:You're right, the status of coach's are talked about all the time and his status is no different, but leave it go. Talk about the team, special players, your predictions instead of grinding an obvious personal axe. Maybe, give the guy a call or talk about your issue if you see him, but stop hiding here.

It almost feels like no one wants to address the elephant in the room. Did something happen? What is the big secret?
Nah, having some intimate knowledge, nothing like that. From what ive been told, Mr. Lyons went back to work and due to his schedule, can not help this season. As for some other coaches, time will tell.
i see my old friend tampax is up to his same "which way did he go" tactics. im guessing mantax is a coach or someone close the program. as far as coach lyon is concerned, he is working now after being retired for 10 years. he was givin the open door to return when he could. i also hear his son is playing a UC this fall and i would imagine he is concentrating on that. i know some other coaches wont be back as well due to some disagreements. not going to elaborate on that as its nobodys buisness other than the coaching staffs. i dont know, i might.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:i see my old friend tampax is up to his same "which way did he go" tactics. im guessing mantax is a coach or someone close the program. as far as coach lyon is concerned, he is working now after being retired for 10 years. he was givin the open door to return when he could. i also hear his son is playing a UC this fall and i would imagine he is concentrating on that. i know some other coaches wont be back as well due to some disagreements. not going to elaborate on that as its nobodys buisness other than the coaching staffs. i dont know, i might.

"which way did who go?" I personally could care less where Lion went to be honest. More interest in hearing about the kids on the team than about some coach or coaches that felt they were something special. Not a coach or someone close to the program, but you can continue to take shots at kids in hopes of trying to figure that out. And why don't you tell us about all of the coaching staff problems because we all know you cannot stay quiet for too long.
oh spandax, ive missed you. so glad i checked in on this. you keep spouting out those lies about not being close to the program. if you are a kid, which u seem to be claiming to be. did coach lyon hurt your feelings by not playing you? you really shouldnt blame him, blame god, or blame your parents, because he would have noting to do with the fact you didnt have enough talent to play high school football. trust me, coaches play the best players, maybe not at a few schools, but at new cath, the best players play. maybe not always in the right position, but they play.