Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryle- Who becomes HC
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Woolf has turned them down.

I don't see Wirth as a fit either, I heard there was an absolute ton of applicants but only a select few choose for interview.

Name who he turned down.

As far as number of applicants there were exactly 10, not about 10 or around 10 but exactly 10 applicants for the HC position at Ryle High School.

Wirth did interview, the interview committee is three of the four principals at the school, the AD, and the guy who started the Union Raiders youth program.
Cov Cath and Cooper. Didn't even have to apply he was asked and had every opportunity to go to Cov Cath and turned them down. He has had his chance it's a fact in the NKY football community.

He won Asst Coach of the year this year mainly because he was due that honor each of the past 10 years.

You don't hold an asst coach responsible for a teams record. Especially in the case of Warner. Warner fumbled the ball this year with his scheme he had Ryle run. They were doomed before the season began. Very uninspired team compared to the past at that point Parents jumped ship and inserted a doubt in his abilities which eventually turned parents and players against Warner and this we have this result.

He also had Woolf try to adapt a defense made up of Sophmores and injured Juniors and still were not terrible for what they had.

Wirth is not a bad choice but I know there are better coaches for Ryle out there and I would pick Woolf over Wirth 10 out of 10 times.

To me it is ridiculous for a school administration to listen to parents as much as they did. Especially sending home questionnaires regarding what they want them to look for in a Head Coach. Most parents and players are there for 2-4 years and then they are completely gone from the program. I have seen countless games and countless parents who have whined and complain, but as soon as Timmy or Tommy are gone there is no involvement or care. Administration should make this call on there values for a coach for the next 10+ years of parents not the next 1 or 2.

Highlands laughs at Wirth for a reason. That's my 2 cents.
He did apply for CCH and did not get the job Dave Brossart got the job. Funny story Coach Brossart would bring in former CCH players every week to speak to the team. One week he brings in Mikes older brother to speak to help motivate the team. Well all he talked about was how CCH screwed up not hiring his brother.
Still stand by what I said it will be Woolf.
mason Wrote:He did apply for CCH and did not get the job Dave Brossart got the job. Funny story Coach Brossart would bring in former CCH players every week to speak to the team. One week he brings in Mikes older brother to speak to help motivate the team. Well all he talked about was how CCH screwed up not hiring his brother.
You are making up stories. Brossart never did that and to prove my point that you are making this up: Mike Woolf doesn't have an older brother. He has 3 younger brothers.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Cov Cath and Cooper. Didn't even have to apply he was asked and had every opportunity to go to Cov Cath and turned them down. He has had his chance it's a fact in the NKY football community.

He won Asst Coach of the year this year mainly because he was due that honor each of the past 10 years.

You don't hold an asst coach responsible for a teams record. Especially in the case of Warner. Warner fumbled the ball this year with his scheme he had Ryle run. They were doomed before the season began. Very uninspired team compared to the past at that point Parents jumped ship and inserted a doubt in his abilities which eventually turned parents and players against Warner and this we have this result.

He also had Woolf try to adapt a defense made up of Sophmores and injured Juniors and still were not terrible for what they had.

Wirth is not a bad choice but I know there are better coaches for Ryle out there and I would pick Woolf over Wirth 10 out of 10 times.

To me it is ridiculous for a school administration to listen to parents as much as they did. Especially sending home questionnaires regarding what they want them to look for in a Head Coach. Most parents and players are there for 2-4 years and then they are completely gone from the program. I have seen countless games and countless parents who have whined and complain, but as soon as Timmy or Tommy are gone there is no involvement or care. Administration should make this call on there values for a coach for the next 10+ years of parents not the next 1 or 2.

Mike applied twice for the CovCath job...2005 (Rodenberg) and in 2007 (Brossart). When the job came open for the third time, I know CovCath wanted Mike but he declined.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Cov Cath and Cooper. Didn't even have to apply he was asked and had every opportunity to go to Cov Cath and turned them down. He has had his chance it's a fact in the NKY football community.

No need for the knock at Wirth. Highlands has had the dominant team in NKY for 7 years. Not convinced about next year. I expect the second HHS / CCH game to be played Saturday afternoon in Park Hills in 2014.

Also, the year Ryle beat Highlands once, I have to say Ryle was the better team in both games, but was out coached in the first and nearly the second meeting as well.

Hope Wirth remains CCH's coach next year. Hope Woolf is the Head Coach at Ryle next year.
I don't know how if I'm just thinking too much or what, but it seems that the reason some of the successful CovCath coaches that left in the past were mainly due to the supporters of the program that wanted more than wins from the coach. I know Wirth took some heat lately for his losing streak against Highlands and his spring mentality. Maybe he's tired of hearing the other stuff too.

Also, the Specht rumor at St.X has been going on for at least 3 years. The only reason it's really picked up again is because St.X fans are tired of losing to Colerain and Moeller every year. I think he's staying put at St.X
peacebone Wrote:You are making up stories. Brossart never did that and to prove my point that you are making this up: Mike Woolf doesn't have an older brother. He has 3 younger brothers.

It was autocorrected I meant to type oldest brother.
The story gets told in the CCH coaches offices.....
Apparently, Wirth had second thoughts and canceled his scheduled interview.

Two names to keep in mind Russell Rigdon from Manual and Jason Lynch from Highlands.
mason Wrote:Apparently, Wirth had second thoughts and canceled his scheduled interview.

Two names to keep in mind Russell Rigdon from Manual and Jason Lynch from Highlands.

I know more than a couple ardent CovCath fans that will be disappointed to learn that Wirth cancelled his interview with Ryle. Seriously.
My opinion is that those ardent fans should take some sage advise and be careful what they wish for.
Nothing but axes to grind. Wirth and his staff do a terrific job. Sure there are a few poor decisions ( or poorly timed decisions) but what coach doesn't? They have very very good system overall.
nky Wrote:Warner resigns after 11 seasons at Ryle
Bryson Warner is the last coach of a Kentucky high school football team to defeat Highlands; he once led Ryle to a state championship game and state semifinal finish, but winning just five games combined over the last two seasons led to him resigning on Monday.
Ryle athletic director Jim Demler announced it as a resignation with a press release late Monday afternoon after Warner met with the players around 2:30 p.m. on Monday to tell them he was stepping down after 11 seasons as head coach.
In those 11 seasons Warner compiled a 73-58 record and had two 12-win seasons. The Raiders went 12-3 in 2006 and lost in the Class 4A (at the time the big-school division) state championship game to Louisville Trinity, and in 2010 when they went 12-2, including a win over Highlands in the regular-season finale to become the last Kentucky school to beat Highlands, and advanced to the Class 6A state semifinals where they lost to Trinity.
Ryle had just 12 wins combined the last three seasons, including a 2-9 record this season and a 3-8 record in 2012.
“We appreciate Coach Warner’s time and commitment to our football student-athletes over the past 11 seasons,” said Demler. “He is a good person and we wish him the very best in his future endeavors. The Ryle athletic administration will seek new leadership for its football program and move forward.”
Warner, who played football at Boone County and Western Kentucky University, was just the third head football coach in the history of Ryle, which opened in 1992. Dave Eckstein served as head coach from 1992-98 and Kyle Hockman followed from 1999-2002 before Warner became head coach in 2003.
Demler said Ryle will start accepting resumes for the position effective immediately through Jan. 6 with the interview process beginning after that, but said the school doesn’t have a specific timetable to hire the new head coach.
http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...asons-Ryle

Pretty sure Collins beat Highlands! Big Grin
UK1fan Wrote:Pretty sure Collins beat Highlands! Big Grin

Pretty sure that article was posted/printed prior to the state championship game.:welcome:
2 have been interviewed one is Woolf other name hasn't been released. Wirth canceled his interview...
TNT. Any word on when interviews will be completed? Or how many they intend on interviewing?
oline Wrote:TNT. Any word on when interviews will be completed? Or how many they intend on interviewing?

I was told there were originally 5 interviews. Two are done Wirth canceled so if assume two are left. I was also told it was looking like the end of Feb before there was an announcement.

That's hear say though. I'd say there is some truth behind it but I believe they have more than 5 canidates.

From a consensus of parents I've spoke with. iI'd say Woolf has a lot of backing and was told they have sent emails to the AD to encourage his hire.

>THIS IS NOT VERIFIED- but I believe that the highlands asst. That applied was the other interview I also was told that a D2 college asst coach had applied. I do not know if he is a canidate though.
^ The Manual assistant interviewed also and the A.D. is getting some calls from coaches around the state endorsing him.
Rumor had it a decision has been made now we just have to wait on an announcement!
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Rumor had it a decision has been made now we just have to wait on an announcement!

Did the rumor that that a decision had been made come attached with a rumor about who it might be?
Coach from Manual is a great coach with a lot of enthusiasm and a great x's and o's guy. He has been with coach Lucas for a while now and that is a great person to be your mentor. But I will say that if they are not interviewing coaches with HC experience which I can't understand then it should go to Woolf. He has the experience as an assistant, has been a coordinator for many moons and if his only competition is two other assistant coaches then he should get and deserves his shot. JMO.
hardcore1 Wrote:Coach from Manual is a great coach with a lot of enthusiasm and a great x's and o's guy. He has been with coach Lucas for a while now and that is a great person to be your mentor. But I will say that if they are not interviewing coaches with HC experience which I can't understand then it should go to Woolf. He has the experience as an assistant, has been a coordinator for many moons and if his only competition is two other assistant coaches then he should get and deserves his shot. JMO.

That's why I have believed solely it is Woolf. They received half the applicants they expected and supposedly only chose to interview Asst. Coaches.

I don't see them hiring an outside Asst. coach when they have had arguably the best asst. coach in NKY for the past 10 years.

I was told it's between Woolf, Manual Asst (anyone have his name) and no name for the 3rd but I was told the other day a Highlands Mueller understudy was a candidate so I am assuming its him.

I still think Turner will not release anything till next week but who knows at this point. It's been almost 4 months.
It better be Mike Woolf if that is the case or Turner will have some explaining to do.
From what I have heard the players want to play for Coach Woolf who was voted the top Assistant Coach of the year
An in house hire makes no sense to me for Ryle.
This whole process has made no sense to me, to only interview assistant coaches?? Then if that was the case they should have named Mike a long time ago, instead of dragging it on this long. The Ryle Powers to be are definitely odd at least in handling this situation
The guy from Highlands, Lynch, has been a HC before. He has coached college and arena league.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:That's why I have believed solely it is Woolf. They received half the applicants they expected and supposedly only chose to interview Asst. Coaches.

I don't see them hiring an outside Asst. coach when they have had arguably the best asst. coach in NKY for the past 10 years.

I was told it's between Woolf, Manual Asst (anyone have his name) and no name for the 3rd but I was told the other day a Highlands Mueller understudy was a candidate so I am assuming its him.

I still think Turner will not release anything till next week but who knows at this point. It's been almost 4 months.
I posted his name earlier, Rigdon but watch out for Lynch from Highlands.
I have heard Lynch quiet a few times today as more info is slipping out
Heard from a reliable source announcement will come Monday.

No name just announcement date.
Woolf did not get the job.