Poll: Who wins this 3A game
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paducah Tilghman
32.69%
Wayne County
67.31%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne County @ Paducah Tilghman(State Semi Finals)11/29/13
mysonis55 Wrote:Bigredmhs, we start at 6:30 this week. We could still catch the second half of that one.

Hmm, very tempting.
The Tilghman game broadcast will be streamed on the web here:

http://westkentuckystar.com/Multimedia/Listen-Live.aspx
Thank you sir.
I love the trash talk by the PT fans.
Ill go with Wayne county in this one.
Yes, the trash talking by Tilghman fans is over the top.

[Image: http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy208...4861f0.jpg]
looks like he stated the truth.I expect more of the same this week lol
I'm sure PT hasn't seen anything like this either!! If PT doesn't show up on either side of the ball def or offense it will be a loooooong night. Wayne is going to throw some points up 5 picks isn't going to happen!! I haven't seen Guffey throw any up for grabs he pretty much hits the open man. He's very smart and very athletic he will definitely run you over!! Hit him above the knees and you can forget about it. The Wayne co boys will be ready to go!! I really think PT will be ready just don't think they can hang with cardinals!!
We will see.
It is always a privilege and an honor, and I say that with the greatest of sincerity, to have a number one ranked team visit and to be able to be on the same field with them.
I've said it all year, tilghman in the finals
gobigredMHS Wrote:Yeah, its a tough game to pick for sure, I have never seen Wayne County play and them beating Central is impressive, I know Central has been a historically good ball team, how are they this year compared to years past?

I don't think it will be a cakewalk for either team like some are thinking but if Tilghman plays to their potential it will be tough for a lot of teams to beat em.

Central is down offensively but their defense is top notch... and stayed firm for 3 quarters but they just wore down it would seem to be since Wayne had 77 plays. I don't know though.
Go Big Red! Wrote:I'm sure PT hasn't seen anything like this either!! If PT doesn't show up on either side of the ball def or offense it will be a loooooong night. Wayne is going to throw some points up 5 picks isn't going to happen!! I haven't seen Guffey throw any up for grabs he pretty much hits the open man. He's very smart and very athletic he will definitely run you over!! Hit him above the knees and you can forget about it. The Wayne co boys will be ready to go!! I really think PT will be ready just don't think they can hang with cardinals!!

I appreciate you Corbin fans try to gas us up, but really this isn't necessary. You won't see any people from Wayne talking trash because we aren't about that. Tilghman has Wayne's full respect and attention. The tornadoes could easily beat Wayne and Wayne knows it.
Johnny, that is all I wanted to hear on this thread. I don't think anyone over on that side has any idea what PT will do. I am not saying they will win for sure. I like their chances. I understand that Wayne is a really good team as well. I just know these posters don't have a clue about PT when they start this stuff about the qb running over the PT boys. I can assure you, PT is very strong on defense. The boys are not small by any stretch of the imagination and very athletic. I have watched a lot of football in my time and I can tell you PT has what it takes athletically to win this class and maybe others. The question for them will be can they play smart for another game. That is cut down on penalties and turnovers. If they don't get any 10-15 yard penalties or turn the ball over more than once, I don't know if anyone beats them.
Tica likes the trash. For his sake PT better win. Truth is Tica is worried.
PT in a very good game.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Can't wait for Friday!
[quote=mysonis55]Johnny, that is all I wanted to hear on this thread. I don't think anyone over on that side has any idea what PT will do. I am not saying they will win for sure. I like their chances. I understand that Wayne is a really good team as well. I just know these posters don't have a clue about PT when they start this stuff about the qb running over the PT boys. I can assure you, PT is very strong on defense. The boys are not small by any stretch of the imagination and very athletic. I have watched a lot of football in my time and I can tell you PT has what it takes athletically to win this class and maybe others. The question for them will be can they play smart for another game. That is cut down on penalties and turnovers. If they don't get any 10-15 yard penalties or turn the ball over more than once, I don't know if anyone beats them.[/

PT is a good team the key word being good. To say if they play a perfect game they can't be beat IMO is ridiculous. I think you are athletic and don't think your small but Guffey will use your line backers, safeties, and corners as speed bumps. That is if you are good enough to make him run. If not he will pick your secondary apart. I my friend was not a believer earlier this year but after watching him in three different games and studying the film he made me eat my words. The kids golden and besides that he is surrounded by talent and 16 more seniors. IMO PT is about a 14 point dog at home. If they break your d early they will blow PT out. If it takes 3 quarters like it did at central then they win by two scores. The only chance I see PT having is if Wayne doesn't take care of the ball and they are pretty good at that!!
I cant wait either,the last time the number 1 team came to TILMAN and I was there and they went down and I will be there for this 1 LORD WILLING and I think they win and make a Belfry/Tilman final next week..
I'm sure Tica is concerned. I too like our chances against Frankfort, but am concerned. At this point in football you have nothing but good or great teams left. Do not take anyone lightly. You would know that if it wasn't your first time at this level. All I can say is that is why they play them on the green instead of the computer screen.
Go Big Red! Wrote:[quote=mysonis55]Johnny, that is all I wanted to hear on this thread. I don't think anyone over on that side has any idea what PT will do. I am not saying they will win for sure. I like their chances. I understand that Wayne is a really good team as well. I just know these posters don't have a clue about PT when they start this stuff about the qb running over the PT boys. I can assure you, PT is very strong on defense. The boys are not small by any stretch of the imagination and very athletic. I have watched a lot of football in my time and I can tell you PT has what it takes athletically to win this class and maybe others. The question for them will be can they play smart for another game. That is cut down on penalties and turnovers. If they don't get any 10-15 yard penalties or turn the ball over more than once, I don't know if anyone beats them.[/

PT is a good team the key word being good. To say if they play a perfect game they can't be beat IMO is ridiculous. I think you are athletic and don't think your small but Guffey will use your line backers, safeties, and corners as speed bumps. That is if you are good enough to make him run. If not he will pick your secondary apart. I my friend was not a believer earlier this year but after watching him in three different games and studying the film he made me eat my words. The kids golden and besides that he is surrounded by talent and 16 more seniors. IMO PT is about a 14 point dog at home. If they break your d early they will blow PT out. If it takes 3 quarters like it did at central then they win by two scores. The only chance I see PT having is if Wayne doesn't take care of the ball and they are pretty good at that!!

Once again this guy just wants to stir the pot.
Yeah, I don't get it. If they win, they win. I just really don't like the talk about pt being weak and speed bumps. I am from a rival school but the Tornado deserve more respect.
mysonis55 Wrote:Yeah, I don't get it. If they win, they win. I just really don't like the talk about pt being weak and speed bumps. I am from a rival school but the Tornado deserve more respect.

He's from Corbin who is still upset about how hey finished up the year. Pay no attention to go big red. He just wants to make you all mad at us. There are only 2 people on here who are true Wayne County fans. We have picked up a few bandwagon jumpers this year which is fine as long as they behave themselves. What people don't understand that when you make it this far everyone is good and everyone can be beat. If it doesn't come from me or Cardsfan then it's not coming from Wayne County.
Go Big Red! Wrote:[quote=mysonis55]Johnny, that is all I wanted to hear on this thread. I don't think anyone over on that side has any idea what PT will do. I am not saying they will win for sure. I like their chances. I understand that Wayne is a really good team as well. I just know these posters don't have a clue about PT when they start this stuff about the qb running over the PT boys. I can assure you, PT is very strong on defense. The boys are not small by any stretch of the imagination and very athletic. I have watched a lot of football in my time and I can tell you PT has what it takes athletically to win this class and maybe others. The question for them will be can they play smart for another game. That is cut down on penalties and turnovers. If they don't get any 10-15 yard penalties or turn the ball over more than once, I don't know if anyone beats them.[/

One player will not beat Tilghman, how much football you been watching?
Man sounds like imma have to skip the mayfield game to watch this QB "Teach me how to "GUFFEY"".. DID SOMEONE FORGET TO TELL THE BANDWAGGONERS that PT has a refridgarator with super sonic rockets on his feet that will be running the ball on the field with them... there is not a qb in the state that will "run over" pt line and unless they run a 4.2 fourty they wont out run the safeties... thats just a stupid commit.... lol.. hope PT brings it friday... they play flagless ball and they will teach guffey how to do the duggy...lmao
It makes no difference who is on here saying what. Players will win this game not message board talk or respect.
Paducah Tilghman has one of the greatest traditions in all of Kentucky, so nothing but respect from this Wayne County fan. One of my good friends was a Blue Tornado in the 80's, I remember he kept his Tilghman and Mayfield game-ball in his living room on the mantle. So before folks lump our fan-base with some other folks, know who's doing the talking.
Wayne County has not seen the offensive athleticism or power of running backs they will see Friday night, so that is a concern. Special teams play is also a major concern. Should Wayne continue playing excellent defense, not lose the battle of special teams and score 21+ points I think they can win it.
Litkenhouse has Tilghman the favorites, Massey Ratings likes Wayne, so this is should be an extremely close game, usually pick'ems go to the home team, but for the sake of being a homer I like the Cards in a nail-biter!
How many students are at Wayne. Heard that they will be 5A after the next realignment..any truth to this? I only bring this up because South Warren was also a big school with I think over 2000 students now. That's 2 weeks in a row that t
PT will face schools with double their enrollment. Could spell trouble for PT.... On second thought to the victor go the spoils. Im still taking PT by 14.
Jewell Field Fan Wrote:Paducah Tilghman has one of the greatest traditions in all of Kentucky, so nothing but respect from this Wayne County fan. One of my good friends was a Blue Tornado in the 80's, I remember he kept his Tilghman and Mayfield game-ball in his living room on the mantle. So before folks lump our fan-base with some other folks, know who's doing the talking.
Wayne County has not seen the offensive athleticism or power of running backs they will see Friday night, so that is a concern. Special teams play is also a major concern. Should Wayne continue playing excellent defense, not lose the battle of special teams and score 21+ points I think they can win it.
Litkenhouse has Tilghman the favorites, Massey Ratings likes Wayne, so this is should be an extremely close game, usually pick'ems go to the home team, but for the sake of being a homer I like the Cards in a nail-biter!

Very well said....Is it Friday yet...:rockon:
Wayne has about 900 total in the hs after the merger of monticello independent (a non-football school) just this summer. My guess is we will move to 4a in the next realignment. Too early for those kids to contribute since none played football prior to this year.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next