•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 35 Lawrence Co 12
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Sir there is another forum for Basketball and Baseball...this is football...and the reason belfry is not as good in basketball is because we are still playing football in december...now please go get ready for Pburg....and don't lose cause I will have to clown ya about getting beat by a 2a...

Sir or M'am thanks for letting me know what sport we are talking about. :Shaking: We will be ready for P'burg and really you shouldn't be worrying to much who we should be getting ready for. Because the same week Belfry gonna get took to the wood shed!!!!! :ChairHit: And not only do I think you could not beat a 1a school like Fairview. I don't think you could beat Raceland either. Playing in December :Shaking: :eyeroll: I guess if thats what you want to call it more like losing every December!!!!!!! :hilarious:
Belfry eats teams like Fairview and Raceland for lunch...What a pathetic post...SMH
43.6-9.2...the average scores of the last 5 BHS/LCHS matchups...No bragging, no explaining, just FACTS...
Belfry has earned the right to be a little bit overboard lol.I hope lc makes it to the second round.lc is getting better and the coaching staff really has us on the up swing.in all reality lc is doing really well,building a program does take time.at first i questioned the hire of cecil but now im all in.
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:I don't know which would be worse never making it to the carpet. Or losing the big one year in and year out. I think I would rather not even make it there.
:biglmao::hilarious:
Never getting to it.
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:Sir or M'am thanks for letting me know what sport we are talking about. :Shaking: We will be ready for P'burg and really you shouldn't be worrying to much who we should be getting ready for. Because the same week Belfry gonna get took to the wood shed!!!!! :ChairHit: And not only do I think you could not beat a 1a school like Fairview. I don't think you could beat Raceland either. Playing in December :Shaking: :eyeroll: I guess if thats what you want to call it more like losing every December!!!!!!! :hilarious:

There isn't a 1A school in the state that can beat us...just like there isn't a team in 3A district 8 that can stay within 3 TDs of us...lol
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:There isn't a 1A school in the state that can beat us...just like there isn't a team in 3A district 8 that can stay within 3 TDs of us...lol

So you really don't think there is a 1a team in the state that can beat you???
I believe there is one out west that could by the name of Mayfield.
All they do every year is beat up on 2a, 3a, 4a, 5a, and 6a schools and win a championship every other year. They are not your average 1a school, I will give you that because they probably have a bigger and deeper roster then most 5a schools in the east.
I would almost bet money that Mayfield could easily win the 1A and 2A state titles every year almost, and win 3A atleast every other year on average.
^^THIS^^:popcorn:
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:Sir or M'am thanks for letting me know what sport we are talking about. :Shaking: We will be ready for P'burg and really you shouldn't be worrying to much who we should be getting ready for. Because the same week Belfry gonna get took to the wood shed!!!!! :ChairHit: And not only do I think you could not beat a 1a school like Fairview. I don't think you could beat Raceland either. Playing in December :Shaking: :eyeroll: I guess if thats what you want to call it more like losing every December!!!!!!! :hilarious:
And just like that your credibility is lost.
Do-double-gg Wrote:^^THIS^^:popcorn:

I completely agree. Mayfield is a different animal. Belfry vs Mayfield would be a good game some years though.
JYD2016 Wrote:This brings me to the "WHAT IF."
WHAT IF the pass was incomplete.
WHAT IF we got the ball on "THE FUMBLE."
WHAT IF we drove it down to make it a 21-20 game.
Not much of a win now is it????

WHAT IF Keaton Taylor catches a sure TD pass?
WHAT IF Justin Johnson plays and does what he always does?
WHAT IF Lawrence County entered 7-1 and this was for the District Championship?

Not much of a moral victory now is it?

Just as easy as it is for LC fans to justify that they should have lost by a TD if all the breaks go their way, is it not just as easy to argue that Belfry could have won by 5 TD's potentially? I think the Final Margin is a good example of the two teams.

Fact of the matter is LC is exactly who they were supposed to be, and Belfry is exactly who they are supposed to be. LC is a veteran, improved team who entered as one of the Top 15 3A teams in the State. LC entered with the best offense in 3A on paper.. but against a weaker schedule. Belfry beat them by 3 TD's.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:WHAT IF Keaton Taylor catches a sure TD pass?
WHAT IF Justin Johnson plays and does what he always does?
WHAT IF Lawrence County entered 7-1 and this was for the District Championship?

Not much of a moral victory now is it?

Just as easy as it is for LC fans to justify that they should have lost by a TD if all the breaks go their way, is it not just as easy to argue that Belfry could have won by 5 TD's potentially? I think the Final Margin is a good example of the two teams.

Fact of the matter is LC is exactly who they were supposed to be, and Belfry is exactly who they are supposed to be. LC is a veteran, improved team who entered as one of the Top 15 3A teams in the State. LC entered with the best offense in 3A on paper.. but against a weaker schedule. Belfry beat them by 3 TD's.

What IF Haywood goes for it on 4th and inches with 6 min to go and Belfry goes on to score and makes it 42-6 Confusedhh:
I know not much stock is placed in Massey rankings but they have been pretty close in their predictions on Massey Matchup's and they called this game 42 - 14 in Belfry's favor and it played out fairly close.

Belfry played sloppy football and won by 23 points. LC held the game close in the first half sure, but it's a well know fact the Pirates are a 2nd half team this year.

A lot of what if's have been tossed around. Let's be logical though "The Fumble" occurred in the red zone. Now, I didn't hear where LC would have started from had they been awarded possession but they would have been backed way up. After "The Fumble" LC tossed an INT and had a turnover on downs. In fact they showed no life until the long 4th quarter drive when Cyrus began to get some help from his backs and Belfry already had the win firmly in hand. What makes you think that had LC been awarded the ball things would have been any different than what the Belfry defense had done to that point all night while limiting the Bulldogs to 6 at that time in the game. They way the game had been going to that point Cyrus would have driven a bit, gotten no help and tossed an int, failed a 4th down conversion or they would have punted, Belfry would have kept their starters in deeper into the 4th quarter and still likely score 35 but then LC possibly doesn't get TD #2.

You see we can all play the if's and but's game. All said and done Belfry is 3 - 4 td's better than LC on any given night. If they meet in the playoffs, Belfry will be better. If LC wants to upset the Pirates that night they will need more than Cyrus to show up to play football. Can they do it? Sure they can, it's why they play the games. Is it likely, of course not.
21-12
thebigdawg Wrote:21-12

48-12
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:21-12

The butthurt is strong with this one!
How bout 35-12 and we end that nonsense.
Calling it as I see it and I would even if LC was given not 1 but 2 Td's. 21-12!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know, not man peope get on here and accuse Belfry of getting help from the officials. In fact this is the first time that I can remember of it happening. I could be wrong and please someone correct me if I am. The fact of the matter is, LC was beat by 3 scores and no they weren't beat by a running clock. And even if what you are sayin is true about BELFRY being given 2 TDs (show me the video). It would have still been a mark in the LOSS column.
skully03 Wrote:You know, not man peope get on here and accuse Belfry of getting help from the officials. In fact this is the first time that I can remember of it happening. I could be wrong and please someone correct me if I am. The fact of the matter is, LC was beat by 3 scores and no they weren't beat by a running clock. And even if what you are sayin is true about BELFRY being given 2 TDs (show me the video). It would have still been a mark in the LOSS column.

Yet he has yet to acknowledge the fact Keaton Taylor would have scored without a defender even in the picture if he could have just caught a wide open TD pass. That was a TD that Belfry gave LC.

If I am a Lawrence County fan, who just saw my team surprise Belfry and their fanbase who was seemingly overlooking my team, the last thing I would be doing right now is casting accusations that the game was given to them by the refs and that Belfry is over rated. There is about a 90% chance that you are going to see them in the 2nd Round...and when you do they will be healthy... I would rather internalize hat we were a couple breaks away and hope that once again Belfry is a bit dismissive. LC lost by 3 TD's to a Belfry team that was far from bringing their A-game..I am thinking I don't want to give them a reason to bring it in the re-match.
So, Imagine if Kentucky had only lost to Alabama by three TD's...would that mean that UK has the blueprint on what it takes to beat Alabama?...even UK still lost by 3 TD's?? One would think if they have this "Blueprint" that they would have actually won the game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I posted the link to the video but not sure if owner of it would want me to do that. But trust me its plain as day the fumble. And the first Td that bounced off the ground that I personally watched it bounce I do not have video for yet.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Yet he has yet to acknowledge the fact Keaton Taylor would have scored without a defender even in the picture if he could have just caught a wide open TD pass. That was a TD that Belfry gave LC.

If I am a Lawrence County fan, who just saw my team surprise Belfry and their fanbase who was seemingly overlooking my team, the last thing I would be doing right now is casting accusations that the game was given to them by the refs and that Belfry is over rated. There is about a 90% chance that you are going to see them in the 2nd Round...and when you do they will be healthy... I would rather internalize hat we were a couple breaks away and hope that once again Belfry is a bit dismissive. LC lost by 3 TD's to a Belfry team that was far from bringing their A-game..I am thinking I don't want to give them a reason to bring it in the re-match.

Beaten by 1 TD get it straight.:welcome:
And what is the big deal everyone got their opinions or so I thought. Alot of people act like they are afraid to say anything or something. I kept my mouth shut till I hear people voicing their opinions about LC. And I am just doing the same and giving my opinion. I was not impressed with The Big Bad Team from Matewan WV Oh I mean Belfry at all.
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:And what is the big deal everyone got their opinions or so I thought. Alot of people act like they are afraid to say anything or something. I kept my mouth shut till I hear people voicing their opinions about LC. And I am just doing the same and giving my opinion. I was not impressed with The Big Bad Team from Matewan WV Oh I mean Belfry at all.

You've gone from merely voicing your opinion to whining like a school girl. Seriously though.....keep those tears flowing....they are delicious. Hope to see you guys again in the playoffs......should be fun Smile
IronMan86 Wrote:You've gone from merely voicing your opinion to whining like a school girl. Seriously though.....keep those tears flowing....they are delicious. Hope to see you guys again in the playoffs......should be fun Smile

Can I sit with You when LC comes back in a few weeks?
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:Can I sit with You when LC comes back in a few weeks?

Nope you can sit with me up by the pressbox where we blow that train horn you heard...I'm easy to find I'm the biggest one up there...
Sure as long as you bring hot chocolate!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next