Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Shooting - 27 Dead
Spirit100 Wrote:My sons elementary and middle school would/have local police on site during drop off and pick up...not sure if they are on site throughout the course of the day.

On topic but a different angle...my wife told me about the teacher, Victoria Soto, who hid all of her kids in cabinets and closets, when the gunman entered her classroom she told him her kids where in the gym. Those were her last words. All of her kids are alive as a result of her heroism.

I don't know about you all, this has to be about one of the most courageous acts I've ever heard of. She made the ultimate sacrifice for her students. Typically we bestow medals for similar acts of courage in war time. My question is this....this teacher and hero needs our honor...what is the highest honor a civilian in the US can be awarded? Because she should be recognized.
The Presidential Medal of Freedom
She has MY highest honor now.
Has anyone watched Farenheit 911???

I'm not a fan of michael moore by any means but in that documentary he showed a valid point.

Canada has just about as many guns per household as we do in the US. The difference is the way the media portrays news. We never here good news. It's always bad, so by doing that we as americans live in a stage of fear of going out. We never know what's going to happen. But at the same time we don't need to worry about what is going to happen we need to just live.

Now I think the people who commit crimes like this deserve their very own spot in hell.. But I also believe that thanks to the many rules parents have to abide by just to raise a child is getting a little out of hand.. All a child has to do now is get pissed at a parent and call social services. Then the parent is essentially screwed because no one will really believe the child is lying and just needs to be disciplined.

My heart goes out to these children. I hate hearing about stuff like this but i think parents need to be more involved in their kid's lives, and by doing so, not try to be the child's best friend, but be the mother f'n parent for a change..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Sandy Hook kids have returned to school today. It will never ever be normal again for this school, staff, kids. Today, they took a step in the right direction.

Thoughts and prayers from Kentucky will always be with you!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi