Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spurlock leaves Sheldon Clark for Perry Central
UPIKEFAN Wrote:Headline in Big Sandy News

We Friggin' Told you SO!!

How can it be the Headline? They only come out on Wednesdays...lol.

But, I think it's funny how Spurlock went out of his way to deny and then turn around and go. Sorry. Not much of a fan of that move.:lame:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
ballboy Wrote:Beverly was wanting Spurlock at the football game last Friday night but their are a lot of unhappy commadore fans who wanted Fugate or Hoskins, To me its a bad hire I have nothin against Spurlock but if your Perry,Cent Fugate should have been contacted and Hoskins should have been considered, just my thoughts.

Please tell me they dont let that jack have any input on who the coach is going to be. WOW, if so they are idiots!!!!

Im sure Hoskins was considered!!!! He is a great coach and WILL be a great head coach someday soon. Fugate is a great coach as well but just not sure he was the right fit for PCC. Lets wait til about march and see how spurlock does b4 we say its a bad hire. At least give him some time to prove himself!!!!
ballboy Wrote:I was told this afternoon the the Johnson kid will enroll next week at Perry probably Tuesday and a very good 8th grader will also be moving to Perry,Co and will probably play on the highschool team also thats from a good source.

We shall see. If you are right, I will admit it and eat crow.
So now that Coach Spurlock has officially accepted the job at P.C.C., who is going to take over the Sheldon Clark Cardinals??? If Justin stays at Sheldon Clark then I would believe they have to be a top 2 or 3 team in the Region..With Johnson, Kirk, Parsley, and Dylan James as an 8th grader, that is a pretty solid nucleus..I guess it all depends on which coach they get whether they will be a Regional Title contender or not.. So what is everyone's predictions?? Who will they try and get? I keep hearing several names and I keep hearing ONE name in particular, but i do not believe this person will come for multiple reasons, so......
ekff Wrote:^ lol Hatcher left in August.. Which started everything.. Perry is a top program a big school with a lot of money.. If the job came open in Oct many coaches would still jump at it.
Agree, but it is still unethical.
UKisN1 Wrote:Agree, but it is still unethical.

Disagree, I don't blame hatcher because of his mother being sick. Bball a great sport but family comes first. I would have lost respect for him if he didn't go be with his mother. IMO, staying and coaching would have been the unethical decision.
I am talking about Spurlock. Did Hatcher's situation change over the summer?
We all knew it would happen two weeks before it became "official." But you don't report something because it is an inevitability, you report it because it is fact. When they reported it, it wasn't fact. It was still simply a rumor. They got lucky. I seriously doubt you'd be patting them on the back if Spurlock (for whatever reason) hadn't taken the job. They jumped the gun and got lucky. It's things like this that are the cause for lawsuits. Luckily, this just wasn't a major issue.
OffTheHook Wrote:The way I look at it. The Big Sandy News reported the truth! Where is he now? PCC!!!!!!!! Way to go BSN......you guys know the story before it happens!!!!!!!
We all knew it would happen two weeks before it became "official." But you don't report something because it is an inevitability, you report it because it is fact. When they reported it, it wasn't fact. It was still simply a rumor. They got lucky. I seriously doubt you'd be patting them on the back if Spurlock (for whatever reason) hadn't taken the job. They jumped the gun and got lucky. It's things like this that are the cause for lawsuits. Luckily, this just wasn't a major issue.
Any news on the Sheldon Clark coaching position?
Any news on the Sheldon Clark coaching position?
UKisN1 Wrote:I am talking about Spurlock. Did Hatcher's situation change over the summer?

His mother got sick and his son stepped down from his position as a basketball coach....
I think anyways.

I wasn't really following a lot of basketball around here this summer.
No Beverly didnt have a say so if he had he would have got Justice or Fugate. A I said back in the summer not to count out Perry they would come back with something and they have some very good young players coming up in the future that will help alot the future is bright at PCC.
I still say its a bad hire, we shall see but Spurlock has to produce. Hatcher had one of the state best players and chocked in the district so let see what will happen starting in December.
ballboy Wrote:No Beverly didnt have a say so if he had he would have got Justice or Fugate. A I said back in the summer not to count out Perry they would come back with something and they have some very good young players coming up in the future that will help alot the future is bright at PCC.

Not true, but you are correct on one (major)previous post statement in this thread.
D IT UP Wrote:Not true, but you are correct on one (major)previous post statement in this thread.

Yes he is, lol!!!!!
EKFF loving this.
ballboy I know I told you I would eat crow and it looks like I may have to do that.
From what I was told yesterday. Johnson is gone with Spurlock! Just what I was told by someone from that area.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
If Johnson leaves, how does the KHSAA not step in an investigate it? Even if the family moves, they have to know it was because of a coaching change. JMO, but if that happens that is very unethical on everyones part.
KHSAA will investigate the same as they always do but if a family wants the kid to play ball enough to pack up and move then he will be eligible.
Even with a move, I didn't think you could be ruled eligible if it was for sports reasons. Just asking questions so I know in the future.
slingblade93 Wrote:Even with a move, I didn't think you could be ruled eligible if it was for sports reasons. Just asking questions so I know in the future.

thats right but the KHSAA has shown over the years that a change of address with a qualifying event (divorce, new job, etc) will grant you eligibility. Even if the move is really for sports reasons it is hard to prove why someone moved. you can speculate and assume that its because of the coach, which it probably is, but proving that is a hard thing to do.
If someone is willing to pack up and move then they should be eligible. Especially if they move more than 30 mins from where they previously lived. I don't think Johnson is coming with Spurlock to PCC. If he did with a move of over 90 miles I'm not sure they could rule him ineligible. If so all h$ll would break lose.
Hey Moof you better be deciding how you like your crow !!!!!
ballstar Wrote:If someone is willing to pack up and move then they should be eligible. Especially if they move more than 30 mins from where they previously lived. I don't think Johnson is coming with Spurlock to PCC. If he did with a move of over 90 miles I'm not sure they could rule him ineligible. If so all h$ll would break lose.

I personally don't think he should be eligible but imo this kid WILL be eligible.
running_clock Wrote:I personally don't think he should be eligible but imo this kid WILL be eligible.

If everyone is saying Johnson is coming then why is he at Sheldon Clark still. No transfer papers yet from my sources. He is still at SC until I see it for myself.

Why would u say u personally don't think he should be eligible? If they follow all the rules and he moves with his parents then it should eligible no questions ask in my book.
I have heard Johnson Central, and Paintsville both for him. Johnson central could win state with him and Hall.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I have heard Johnson Central, and Paintsville both for him. Johnson central could win state with him and Hall.

I've heard the same. I sure hope he goes eligible wherever he goes. He is a better kid than he is a bball player.
ballstar Wrote:If everyone is saying Johnson is coming then why is he at Sheldon Clark still. No transfer papers yet from my sources. He is still at SC until I see it for myself.

Why would u say u personally don't think he should be eligible? If they follow all the rules and he moves with his parents then it should eligible no questions ask in my book.

Well if you transfer for athletic purposes it isn't a legit transfer and imo that would be the only thing this move is for. unless he jumps on twitter and says he is moving to play ball it can't be proved but I think this transfer is for sports purposes. That is me thinking in a perfect world