•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 52 Pike Central 20
If chapman wanted to go give Haywood a handshake and congrats he should have lined up his team like we do after every game. Jammer 2525 you dont want to talk about it anymore cause you are dead wrong picture proves it i see PCC players starting to shake hands but even if they didnt(but thet did)Belfry is lined up to do so.Confusednicker: I was down at fence after game and never heard a foulword said to anyone at PCC! You people are not going to turn it around at the CLASS program we have at Belfry. :please: Yes we had our signs for Haywood, but not being waved in anyones face.Your coach shows the classless,loser,crybaby ways that are now on display at Pike Co. Central!Confusedinglepar
red&white Wrote:If chapman wanted to go give Haywood a handshake and congrats he should have lined up his team like we do after every game. Jammer 2525 you dont want to talk about it anymore cause you are dead wrong picture proves it i see PCC players starting to shake hands but even if they didnt(but thet did)Belfry is lined up to do so.Confusednicker: I was down at fence after game and never heard a foulword said to anyone at PCC! You people are not going to turn it around at the CLASS program we have at Belfry. :please: Yes we had our signs for Haywood, but not being waved in anyones face.Your coach shows the classless,loser,crybaby ways that are now on display at Pike Co. Central!Confusedinglepar

Red & White, there was a man carrying a 346 sign down in front of the Pike Central fans towards the end of the game. I have no idea what he was saying, but my friends and I were talking about how that should have never happened (although there was a girl from Pike Central coming in front of the Belfry fans at halftime with the RIP sign that did the same thing). There is always going to be that one fan that makes a bad reflection on the whole.

Let me say that it was very classy for the cheerleaders from both schools to shake hands after the game. Pike Central's cheerleaders could have followed the lead of their team (made to do so by Chapman), but they chose to be better than that. Very nice sportsmanship from the young ladies.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Just a few years ago you had a fight between Sheldon CLark and Belfry may not have started with a cheap shot or anything like that. But should that moment in time cause society to look at the two coaches, teams and players and place judgement? I understand you all do not like Chapman and most people do not but no need to cast judgement on a moment when every program has its own bad apples.

Note: I've spoke with many people over the years and ask them about their playing days. One question I always ask is who is the dirtiest team you ever played against. Their first answer is P-Burg, second is Belfry.

Does that speak about the character of both coaching staffs, IMO no it does not at all. I know nearly every person on Belfry's coaching staff and every single one of them are great guys. My point by all this is every program has black marks and bad moments they wish could have worked out differntly. If all of this is true and not just one side of things then its a black mark on the program.

EXACTLY... Belfry did not start it NOR were their sidelines cleared as SC was. No cheap shots were thrown although those boys wanted to. They KNEW there would be repercussions for doing so.

To the second bolded part: #1 PIKE CENTRAL and then a far #2 Prestonsburg. Ask a Belfry player... I bet this is what YOU'LL get!
Pirate pal I said we had signs nothing wrong with the RIP sign PCC had but i heard no foul things being said to anyone at PCC. What i did hear said was all about Chapman and his crybaby sore loser attitude.
red&white Wrote:Pirate pal I said we had signs nothing wrong with the RIP sign PCC had but i heard no foul things being said to anyone at PCC. What i did hear said was all about Chapman and his crybaby sore loser attitude.

I heard a few tell Mahon and Pruitt where they would stick those signs but you know those two, they told them right back where the signs would stay!!
fieldofdreams Wrote:EXACTLY... Belfry did not start it NOR were their sidelines cleared as SC was. No cheap shots were thrown although those boys wanted to. They KNEW there would be repercussions for doing so.

To the second bolded part: #1 PIKE CENTRAL and then a far #2 Prestonsburg. Ask a Belfry player... I bet this is what YOU'LL get!
I've seen several things while watching games in the past P-Burg players, Pikeville, Hazard, Valley, Sheldon Clark, Belfry, Pike Central etc. every team has players who throw cheap shots, d-lines are notorius for giving shots to the family jewls, players poking each others eyes at the bottom of the pile the list goes on. Its in every game on both sides. Now does this situation carry a different tone sure it does. Do I condone that no i do not but you dont place blame on the coach is my point you place blame on the player.

Let me note the players I spoke with were prior to the Chapman days. I can tell you now that when Mac was at PC cheap shots were thrown but to think that "your team" is perfect angels is ludicrious.

Note: I really wish the best for the kid at Belfry and hope he makes a speedy recovery.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Just a few years ago you had a fight between Sheldon CLark and Belfry may not have started with a cheap shot or anything like that. But should that moment in time cause society to look at the two coaches, teams and players and place judgement? I understand you all do not like Chapman and most people do not but no need to cast judgement on a moment when every program has its own bad apples.

Note: I've spoke with many people over the years and ask them about their playing days. One question I always ask is who is the dirtiest team you ever played against. Their first answer is P-Burg, second is Belfry.

Does that speak about the character of both coaching staffs, IMO no it does not at all. I know nearly every person on Belfry's coaching staff and every single one of them are great guys. My point by all this is every program has black marks and bad moments they wish could have worked out differntly. If all of this is true and not just one side of things then its a black mark on the program.

Sure there was a fight between Belfry and Sheldon Clark players, that happens, but flags were thrown and players were dealt with on both sides. You are comparing apples to oranges. The player in ? done it in line of site of the entire stadium with 2 refs standing there and NOTHING was said or done. Now, I will say this , some of the damage done to Justin could have came during the tackle while his helmet was off. He was tackled by atleast 3 PC players. Does that make the entire team cheapshoters, no, just him. As I said before, Pike Central has a heck of a ball team and I honestly would hate to have to meet up with them again this year.

Note. I have spoken with many people throughout the years and I'm alot older than you and we talk about football. When asked who was the dirtiest team they ever played against their first answer is P-Burg and Pike Central. Go figure.

As for your last remark, I have no disagreement. the point most IMO were trying to make was the officials let things go that should have been taken care of. There was 2 officials standing there and his helmet came off, the play should have been blown dead and stopped before it got to that moment. The refs were horrible last night and were tilting to pike central favor all night. They also missed calls against Belfry, but they heavily favored Central.
Crossbones Wrote:Sure there was a fight between Belfry and Sheldon Clark players, that happens, but flags were thrown and players were dealt with on both sides. You are comparing apples to oranges. The player in ? done it in line of site of the entire stadium with 2 refs standing there and NOTHING was said or done. Now, I will say this , some of the damage done to Justin could have came during the tackle while his helmet was off. He was tackled by atleast 3 PC players. Does that make the entire team cheapshoters, no, just him. As I said before, Pike Central has a heck of a ball team and I honestly would hate to have to meet up with them again this year.

Note. I have spoken with many people throughout the years and I'm alot older than you and we talk about football. When asked who was the dirtiest team they ever played against their first answer is P-Burg and Pike Central. Go figure.

As for your last remark, I have no disagreement. the point most IMO were trying to make was the officials let things go that should have been taken care of. There was 2 officials standing there and his helmet came off, the play should have been blown dead and stopped before it got to that moment. The refs were horrible last night and were tilting to pike central favor all night. They also missed calls against Belfry, but they heavily favored Central.

I guess it all comes full circle lol ... Final consensus P-Burg is dirty lol
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I guess it all comes full circle lol ... Final consensus P-Burg is dirty lol

:biggrin:
belfrypirates Wrote:congrats to the pirates and coach haywood on win 346. Total domination tonight!

On the other hand, total classless move by chapman to not shake hands. And also, heard #56 (justin runyon) for pc punched a belfry player in the face (j. Johnson) when his helmet popped off on a play, causing him to miss the 2nd half.
so a cheap shot took belfry starting hb out, poor belfry had to replace him with a d starter #10, what were his numbers again, 3 carries 170 yds 2 tds. I know and love justin, get well and ready for the playoff run.
Congtulations coach, and the celabration was at cam last night. Pirates roll on
I'm sure there are probably a few cheap shots in almost all football games that are played and yes I'm a Belfry fan but that was a dirty cheap shot when Justin was already down on the field with no helmet on and getting punched the way he did.. I blame the refs because I think if they would have blown the play dead after his helmet popped off it could have prevented some of the damage Justin received... I'm not here to argue with anyone from PC as you all have some very good players on your team....

Good Luck to PC and Belfry during the remainder of the season!!!!!!
congrats Belfry, Congrats Haywood
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I guess it all comes full circle lol ... Final consensus P-Burg is dirty lol

You don't have to worry about that this season, this team would rather dance with you then hit someone.
blackcatalum Wrote:you don't have to worry about that this season, this team would rather dance with you then hit someone.
i cant believe you said that. Sometimes qa team can get down on theirself, just hope they get some of that p-burg sand in their crawl before playoffs
Hopefully Johnson can come back healthy by Round 3.

After sleeping on it I think the Chapman/sportsmanship talk has ran its course. Belfry fans will have their opinion and will be unwavering, Pike Central fan will stand behind their coach.All we will do is bicker back and forth an achieve nothing at this point. Lets just leave it be.

We are 4 pages into this and there have only been a handful of posts actually discussing the game.

Getting back to my original post:

Haywood did an unbelievable job of adjusting his gameplan on offense to adjust to what PC was doing. Willis was destroying the Hawks up the middle and forced an adjustment by the Hawks which temporarily served as a band-aid. As expected Belfry couldn't really get a lot going outside, so Haywood then started attacking the LOS with misdirection. The two runs by Dixon were back breakers to start the 2nd Half. PC couldn't have asked to be in a better position down only 6 at the Half in spite of turnovers. When Dixon broke those two quick scores you could sense the clock was ticking in PC's head as they knew time was their enemy.

The turning point of the game was the Shouse fumble at the goal line. Any, if not all, of PC's momentum immediately shifted.

If Pike Central can keep their emotions in check and protect the football I feel they can be a VERY tough matchup for Breathitt in Round 2. Breathitt beats team with athleticism, quickness, and forcing them to match skill depth vs. skill depth. PC matches up very well to this, where the Hawks struggle is they do not have the depth up front to survive the constant grind of a team like a Belfry, or in last year's case Russell.

In order for PC to pull off the upset they will have to bring their A-game and stop the Collins kid as he runs the ball. I have always liked the Boggs kid and the Shouse kid, but IMO the Smith kid is the X-factor for PC. Kid is a tough runner and gets a ton of balls out of the backfield. I also hope Pugh can recover from his ankle injury in time for their 2nd Round matchup.

As for Belfry, the road gets a lot less steeper in Rounds 1 and 2. They need to get through next week healthy, Jackson County will provide the starter's a chance to rest in Round 1.
Congrats coach haywood. Very well deserved.
Wow. Stay classy Pike Central....Stay Classy! Lastnight truly showed how childish coaches and players can be. Even if the coach hadn't of told them boys to go to the locker room, I doubt they would of still shook Belfry's hands. And then #56 punching one in the face, I mean really? Sounds like Pike Central needs to mature a little before they step back onto a field!

Congrats Belfry, you desereved it!!!
Been watching the game on IMSN almost half lot of dirty play by hawks that was not called. Took robinson 5 yards out of bounds and stood over him and run his mouth but funny no call. #22 Dotson held and drug down by his jersey several times funny no call. PCC cant even have cheating refs who call nothing on them and beat Belfry.:lmao:
Just saw #56 punch justin ref didnt call nothing. The ref as well as #56 are cowards. Its a shame he got away with such a thing. This act needs to be looked at by the KHSAA and punishment handed out to #56 and the ref who did not make the call on the out of bounds junk not called and the punch that was thrown. If thats the kind of crap being taught by that crybaby,classless,coward Chapman he also needs more punishment for his classless attitude!
ALLABOUTTHEB Wrote:I have no idea what happened after the game, but this picture is clearly taken from last years game. It looks like turf, PC is in white away & Belfry in their red home jerseys. Tonights game was at PC on grass, Belfry was in their white away uniforms and PC in there orange i believe home jerseys. I hope you're not trying to pass this off as if it was from tonight. Congrats Coach Haywood. Great Coach & Great Program.

No sir, the individual I posted this to stated Belfry did not shake hands LAST year.
red&white Wrote:Been watching the game on IMSN almost half lot of dirty play by hawks that was not called. Took robinson 5 yards out of bounds and stood over him and run his mouth but funny no call. #22 Dotson held and drug down by his jersey several times funny no call. PCC cant even have cheating refs who call nothing on them and beat Belfry.:lmao:

I was watching and wondering the same thing,the punch after the kick off not called either.....thats what you get when you combine johns creek and mullins,2 worst sportsmanship teams back in the day before the consolidating began..go figure
[Image: http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...5455_n.jpg]

Great to see the guys smiling and having fun w/ their coach.
BelfryPirates Wrote:Congrats to the Pirates and Coach Haywood on win 346. Total domination tonight!

On the other hand, total classless move by Chapman to not shake hands. And also, heard #56 (Justin Runyon) for PC punched a Belfry player in the face (J. Johnson) when his helmet popped off on a play, causing him to miss the 2nd half.

When I was a junior Mason Castle's helmet came off in the game vs PC and one of there players kicked him in the face. Causing him to lose a tooth and have to have emergency dental surgery. PC is incapable of class.
Great pic man. I just listened to the game on the radio last night but it sounded like Barnes really had an impact when he was in the game. He will likely factor in a lot more next week against the battering ram attack of JC.

Dixon must feel like a stud after what he did last night. Belfry will need to get Josh Robinson back on track moving forward.
CONGRATS to HAYWOOD and BELFRY.IMO there were bad calls by the refs on both sides I thought sure SHOUSE crossed the goal line before he fumble.JUSTIN SMITH had a very good game.
BELFRY has a very good team good luck in the playoffs.#10 is an outstanding rb but BELFRY has alot of good backs this year.
congrats to Coach Haywood on this amazing accomplishment! Pike just cant beat them Pirates =]
Way to go Pirates. Congrats to Coach Haywood
Most of us are adults here...look at the title of the thread, and then look at the same, stupid conversations that take place on thread after thread after thread, when it's the internet, and no fan is going to change any other fan's opinion..especially when it comes to these two fan bases.

Facts are facts. Central played dirty which isn't ANYthing new. I wouldn't be surprised if the Belfry coaches hadn't discussed this with the team during pre-game so Belfry players would keep their cool and not retaliate and cause penalties. I'm a Central fan over every other school besides ER, but coach Chapman has to be one of the dirtiest coaches in Pike Co history, definitely the dirtiest and cowardly I've ever seen. I probably would've loved that stuff if I had played with him, but I was a kid then. He's a grown man, he's teaching these boys this crap and it's ridiculous. He's is really making it hard for me to keep rooting for my Hawks, I can hardly stand to watch them play, their dirty shots are even visible from the stands. I'd love for another good coach to come into Pike Co and take over Central's football program. I can't wait until Chapman's gone.

Belfry, you all have one hell of a team this year and are going to finish out the reg season undefeated and make a serious run at the State Championships. Congratulations on the win and Coach Haywood's record-setting night, and apologies for our players and whatever dumb fans we had. Trust me, however many dumbass fans did anything stupid, it's not indicative of our entire fan base. Good luck the rest of the season!
Case at point-what about the adminstration at Belfry? Didn't you have a kid get his face beat in, in the lunchroom? The evidence was posted on Youtube, what was done? Where were your adminstrators?

This was football game, not walking down the hallway of a school?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:346-119

This is remarkable!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next