Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox (40) Rockcastle (14) Final
former Wrote:When I win the lottery I will be sure to buy each of you a recliner so you can be a arm chair coach.

Do you or have you coached you seem very passionate about coaching sir.
rustyankle Wrote:Do you or have you coached you seem very passionate about coaching sir.

no coaching exp, but i did play ever since 3rd grade at rockcastle and I know what they do. when we lost it wasnt due to coaching, it was due to other teams ability or our own effort, which a coach cant make you have or help.
Is Rock down this year?
Football1 Wrote:I have lived in this town long enough to learn two things. First, most of the folks here are the kid that would take the shirt off their back for you anytime. Second, there are a few that Id like to take my shirt and strangle. Anyone that would heckle a player or even a team forbeing injured or even just for lsoing is a classless jerk. We have a few of those. My apologies on their behalf.

I work in London, and I came down to watch the game Friday because I knew Rock was playing well and Knox had been improving all year. I don't have a kid on either team or am not related to any of the players or coaches on each team, I just like football. You seem like a real nice considerate guy. But someone at Knox needs to tell Knox Central(the school) that they need to keep the mouthy parents or fans back from the players for the opposing team a little more. They were sitting in lawn chairs and moving up and down the field to within inches of the players for Rock on the Rock sidelines. They were not being very nice either. I realize that Knox cannot control everyone at the game, but they (the KNOX fans) were about as rude as any I have ever seen. They were talking smack the whole time I was there. I would hate to see what they act like when they lose. It was a bad way to treat the kids and coaches on the opposing team. Knox fans need to learn some graciousness in winning (and most likely in losing too).
HonestJohn Wrote:I work in London, and I came down to watch the game Friday because I knew Rock was playing well and Knox had been improving all year. I don't have a kid on either team or am not related to any of the players or coaches on each team, I just like football. You seem like a real nice considerate guy. But someone at Knox needs to tell Knox Central(the school) that they need to keep the mouthy parents or fans back from the players for the opposing team a little more. They were sitting in lawn chairs and moving up and down the field to within inches of the players for Rock on the Rock sidelines. They were not being very nice either. I realize that Knox cannot control everyone at the game, but they (the KNOX fans) were about as rude as any I have ever seen. They were talking smack the whole time I was there. I would hate to see what they act like when they lose. It was a bad way to treat the kids and coaches on the opposing team. Knox fans need to learn some graciousness in winning (and most likely in losing too).

Amen couldnt said it better:Thumbs:
former Wrote:so you say we were outcoached, what do you know about coaching. I know the staff at rock puts in more hours than anyone in the state. to say tony saylor was outcoached is personal, he was my coach and I know how hard he works.

So once again what is your experience with football, did you play HS or coach LL football, or even coach

You don't need Experience to coach any sport. You need a great understanding of the game. The right attitude to connect with your players. Mentality to handle the stress. Time and Effort. And a huge amount of talent never hurt.

Now i'm not Vince Lombardi, But i did dump Gatorade on someone one time Smile
HonestJohn Wrote:I work in London, and I came down to watch the game Friday because I knew Rock was playing well and Knox had been improving all year. I don't have a kid on either team or am not related to any of the players or coaches on each team, I just like football. You seem like a real nice considerate guy. But someone at Knox needs to tell Knox Central(the school) that they need to keep the mouthy parents or fans back from the players for the opposing team a little more. They were sitting in lawn chairs and moving up and down the field to within inches of the players for Rock on the Rock sidelines. They were not being very nice either. I realize that Knox cannot control everyone at the game, but they (the KNOX fans) were about as rude as any I have ever seen. They were talking smack the whole time I was there. I would hate to see what they act like when they lose. It was a bad way to treat the kids and coaches on the opposing team. Knox fans need to learn some graciousness in winning (and most likely in losing too).

Its barbourville. Whatd ya expect lol
I'm proud to be a part of this town even though I did not grow up here nor do I intend to grow old here. For the most part the people are loving and honorable. But your comments do not surprise me. We have our unfair share of folks who lack the social graces required to enjoy a seat so close to the action without having to say something stupid. I know KC has considered roping off the track and forcing all fans to sit in the stands. I'm not connected to the school in any way besides having kids who attend. But I would suggest that as the next possible move to prevent what you have described.
Football1 Wrote:I'm proud to be a part of this town even though I did not grow up here nor do I intend to grow old here. For the most part the people are loving and honorable. But your comments do not surprise me. We have our unfair share of folks who lack the social graces required to enjoy a seat so close to the action without having to say something stupid. I know KC has considered roping off the track and forcing all fans to sit in the stands. I'm not connected to the school in any way besides having kids who attend. But I would suggest that as the next possible move to prevent what you have described.

I did grow up there, and I can't agree more with your statement. There's some of the best people in the world in Knox County, and then there's the others.

The have a great new facility and in fact should block the track off from the spectators. There's just no reason to allow fan's to do this to opposing players, and by allowing it, they are condoning it.

I do not doubt what you are saying about having some stupid fans. However, I do know that on the visitors side the track is roped off from the 25yard line on each side. ( I was the one who put the ropes up.) The closest that anyone should be to the players would be five yards. ( not saying that someone didn't go within the bounderies). This is something that I will keep a closer eye on. KC has come too far to have something like this bring us down. What can i say? EVERY TEAM HAS THEM. I have seen them at every game. Home and away.
I will also go as far to say that it wasn't any parents.
Good luck to Knox and Russell this week. Rock will bounce back I am sure, just as PCC has.