•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands/Boyle Co. Predictions
^ I think it's just a new member blowhard!
Stardust Wrote:^ I think it's just a new member blowhard!

I figured.
I know that this is off topic, but I am in Maryland and will not be back until August 22. So:

I am sure that a local station in Danville will probably have the game on the radio, but will this game be broadcast on the internet?

Thanks in advance.

Go Birds!!!
This is going to be one of my favorite early season match-up

I will take Highlands by the score of 24 to 21
lol i cant believe i started a new thread on this game i just never figured this thread would have gotten to the second page....
Wise one Wrote:I know that this is off topic, but I am in Maryland and will not be back until August 22. So:

I am sure that a local station in Danville will probably have the game on the radio, but will this game be broadcast on the internet?

Thanks in advance.

Go Birds!!!

Yes sir. I'll PM you the website. :Thumbs:
NCC41 Wrote:I agree that Boyle has a good defense, but Highlands is no slouch. Last year against JC and Christian Co. Boyle gave up 570 yards of offense where Highlands gave up a total of 367 yards. The Birds will be very solid on defense and there will not be much of a difference from last year in my opinion.

Boyle's young QB will gain a ton of experience regardless of how the game turns out.

I think you are right about Highlands D being stronger than Boyle's last year. Boyle gave up 33 pts to Christian Co. and Highlands held them scoreless. The D line will be the big question early in the year for Highlands this year and I think the DB's will be tested early for Boyle. I think the birds will put alot of points up on the board on Boyle and let's see how Highlands D can do agianst Boyle's O.
Birds D has always been better out of the gate than the offense. Birds start slow offensively in the beginning of the year.
Looks like the fans are starting to get riled up for the first game.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...|text|Home
^...?
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Birds D has always been better out of the gate than the offense. Birds start slow offensively in the beginning of the year.

That has not been the case in preseason practices this summer.

The Offense seems to be way ahead of the defense at this stage of the game, which I agree historically is a surprise...

Facing a top notch offensive unit day in, day out in practice can only help the defense when they start lining up against teams not wearing blue and white...
kypecos Wrote:Looks like the fans are starting to get riled up for the first game.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...|text|Home

.... and what does that article have to do with the upcoming game...
horst muhlmann Wrote:.... and what does that article have to do with the upcoming game...

I know that Highlands fans can be ridiculous, but I don't see any of the Highlands fans driving two hours to vandalize some corn. :lmao:
horst muhlmann Wrote:.... and what does that article have to do with the upcoming game...

It's obvious that the cake eaters from Highlands have come down and began vandalize property. The story didn't report that they left the imprint of a giant Bird in that corn field that can only be seen from the air! This means war!!! :rockon:

:lmao:

:Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:It's obvious that the cake eaters from Highlands have come down and began vandalize property. The story didn't report that they left the imprint of a giant Bird in that corn field that can only be seen from the air! This means war!!! :rockon:

:lmao:

:Thumbs:

:thatsfunn

If the fans drove all the way to Boyle County, turned in Junction City and took White Oak to Forkland just to vandalize some corn fields, then wow. :lmao:
That was us making some clearing for the Highlands fans.They can bring their own seats.lol
Highlands fans had better bring their own seats - there sure aren't many visitors seats at Boyle's stadium.
Boyle is suppose to add seating for the Highlands game,and the bowl game the following week,but i cant find anyone to confirm it,I've ask some board members,and they're not sure if it's gonna happen or not.I guess we will find out next friday.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyle is suppose to add seating for the Highlands game,and the bowl game the following week,but i cant find anyone to confirm it,I've ask some board members,and they're not sure if it's gonna happen or not.I guess we will find out next friday.

I've asked around as well, not found anyone that knows anything.
As we all knew, it turns out it was not a crazed Highlands fan who drove their vehicle two and half hours to Boyle County, then through a corn field and back two and half hours back home, to send a message. :lmao:

Here's the story as the Boyle County sheriff made the arrest.

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/news...1334.story
Dang, who are you to let facts get in the way of a good distraction! :igiveup:
rick2517 Wrote:Highlands fans had better bring their own seats - there sure aren't many visitors seats at Boyle's stadium.

Highland fans had either better bring their own seats or least plenty of towels to wipe up the mustard that the Boyle co. visitor section is painted with when playing rivalry teams.

Hard to imagine Boyle Co. being an underdog at home but it's even harder to imagine Highlands ever being an underdog to any team in KY,(except Trinity).

Highlands 28
Boyle Co. 14
if Trinity beats the tar out of the Birds, the Boyle faithful will be even more excited. Now, if the Birds hang tough with Trinity, it won't be an easy task to up end Highlands even on your home turf.. Suppose Highlands beats Trinity......Well, u know the answer to that one.:biggrin: One things for sure, most of Boyle Co. will be as anxious to see the final score as the Bluebird fans.
kypecos Wrote:Dang, who are you to let facts get in the way of a good distraction! :igiveup:

:biggrin:
knighted Wrote:Highland fans had either better bring their own seats or least plenty of towels to wipe up the mustard that the Boyle co. visitor section is painted with when playing rivalry teams.

Hard to imagine Boyle Co. being an underdog at home but it's even harder to imagine Highlands ever being an underdog to any team in KY,(except Trinity).

Highlands 28
Boyle Co. 14

Kids will be kids. It's a shame that things have happened like that in the past but most of the Boyle County faithful are great people that are there to watch a great game. No reason to bring that back up because that's been awhile and that won't happen again. :Thumbs:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:if Trinity beats the tar out of the Birds, the Boyle faithful will be even more excited. Now, if the Birds hang tough with Trinity, it won't be an easy task to up end Highlands even on your home turf.. Suppose Highlands beats Trinity......Well, u know the answer to that one.:biggrin: One things for sure, most of Boyle Co. will be as anxious to see the final score as the Bluebird fans.

As a Boyle County fan, I could honestly care less about a scrimmage game. It's just that, a scrimmage. Means nothing. However, I am very anxious to see the final score of the Boyle County/Highlands game because I believe it will be a great game. I have a great amount of respect for the Bluebird nation.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Kids will be kids. It's a shame that things have happened like that in the past but most of the Boyle County faithful are great people that are there to watch a great game. No reason to bring that back up because that's been awhile and that won't happen again. :Thumbs:

Amen. Those kids have graduated and are long gone.
BoyleCounty Wrote:As a Boyle County fan, I could honestly care less about a scrimmage game. It's just that, a scrimmage. Means nothing. However, I am very anxious to see the final score of the Boyle County/Highlands game because I believe it will be a great game. I have a great amount of respect for the Bluebird nation.

Amen to that also.
BoyleCounty Wrote:As a Boyle County fan, I could honestly care less about a scrimmage game. It's just that, a scrimmage. Means nothing. However, I am very anxious to see the final score of the Boyle County/Highlands game because I believe it will be a great game. I have a great amount of respect for the Bluebird nation.

I disagree, I think a scrimmage is a good measuring stick for how your team is going to do.
sstack Wrote:I disagree, I think a scrimmage is a good measuring stick for how your team is going to do.

Agree to disagree. I think you're missing the point.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next