•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 2011
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Anyone know what the deal is with Tim Smith? Last years roster for SV had him listed as a senior. Whats up with that? If he plays at PCC wow what an addition. This kid is a bullett & very elusive. With a RB like him & the passing game PCC had last year.... look out.

Never have heard the story behind that, just that he's somehow there. Can't say I'm surprised.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:[quote=common sense]

wow those are some pretty harsh words, considering Central is a program that is currently on the rise and IMO their facilities are not bad at all. While they may not compare to that of CAM. In no way are they poor. IMO Chapman has proven quite a bit while at Pike Central. Took a program that essentially had nothing and in one year molded them into a district/regional contender. In addition they had NEVER won a playoff game. Not only that but his record before head coaching speaks for its self. In addition many players from Breathitt have been on record telling me he did more coaching and was more respected by them than Holcomb.

Also that must have been one hell of a hard class. Really? Coaching the game (football) 101, I am amazed. :please:
Just wondering you dont have to answer but what school do you support?
Could Chapman be looking to leave? What type of coaching stipend does Pike Central give? Does he teach?
BIG TONY Wrote:[quote=15thRegionSlamaBamma] Could Chapman be looking to leave? What type of coaching stipend does Pike Central give? Does he teach?

I think the real question here is; Will Chapman be a coach like Jim Derossit(sp) or Haywood (in relation to how long he stays). My answer which is simply speculation would be no, I do look for him at some point look for another job. However, I look for that to be several years away. IMO currently the job that would interest him the most would be at Breathitt, which could open up in 3 or 4 years. Could he put his name in the basket, sure, will he I would say its 60/40 he will. Salary will remain disclosed but its generous from what other coaches made and yes, he has weight lifting classes.
They should give him the key too the city while they're at it.
Real Badman Wrote:They should give him the key too the city while they're at it.

nah that can wait untill the state championship this year :rockon:
Real Badman Wrote:They should give him the key too the city while they're at it.

:lmao: sound like they will wether they win or not
[QUOTE=

Looking forward to a great year in District 8. I honestly think 1,2,3 seeds will advance with the 4 seed having a legitimate chance against Mason Co.[/QUOTE]

They are not matched up with the district Mason Co. is in. They are now matched up with Breathitt Co.'s district.

Why the key to the city? Has Mingo County given one to Haywood yet?
oldtimer3 Wrote:Why the key to the city? Has Mingo County given one to Haywood yet?

you seem so worried about Coach Haywood yet, hasn't he pulled about 20 times the TIME that Chapman has? Haywood is in a totally different league dear sir than Chapman. KHSAA sends their approval of ALL transfers before they are allowed to be on the field for anything (including basketball, soccer, etc). Just so you know, the paperwork IS in order or they do NOT get on the field. OH, and as far as Mingo County, they have a new high school (combined if I may) which will be either 2 or 3 A in WV. Wonder if PC will play them within the next few years like they do Tolsia?
long_time_pirate Wrote:Just so you know, the paperwork IS in order or they do NOT get on the field.
Just like Alan and Corey just saying however, so much crap was thrown around and the boys drug through the mud. Watch those double standards, as we both known some players for Belfry do jump boarders which I do not have a problem with. What I do have a problem with is after they graduate their hometown becomes Red Jacket, WV. Just saying :biggrin:
Pike Central should have a heck of a team this year, but from what I have heard chapman will be gone after this season, but who knows.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Just like Alan and Corey just saying however, so much crap was thrown around and the boys drug through the mud. Watch those double standards, as we both known some players for Belfry do jump boarders which I do not have a problem with. What I do have a problem with is after they graduate their hometown becomes Red Jacket, WV. Just saying :biggrin:

I see what your saying but although I'm from Belfry right now, I could actually list my hometown as Farmington Hills, MI.... Would that mean I don't actually live here now? Just saying...lol....:Thumbs:
long_time_pirate Wrote:I see what your saying but although I'm from Belfry right now, I could actually list my hometown as Farmington Hills, MI.... Would that mean I don't actually live here now? Just saying...lol....:Thumbs:

lol...im happy you got that in the context it was meant to be taken...thanks for being a good sport and not blowing that out of porportion.TongueirateSho
long_time_pirate Wrote:you seem so worried about Coach Haywood yet, hasn't he pulled about 20 times the TIME that Chapman has? Haywood is in a totally different league dear sir than Chapman. KHSAA sends their approval of ALL transfers before they are allowed to be on the field for anything (including basketball, soccer, etc). Just so you know, the paperwork IS in order or they do NOT get on the field. OH, and as far as Mingo County, they have a new high school (combined if I may) which will be either 2 or 3 A in WV. Wonder if PC will play them within the next few years like they do Tolsia?

Did I ever say that I was worried about Haywood or Belfry? You are the one that seems to have some worries. You people have ridden this horse to death, but your tactics have not gone unnoticed.

Sending their approvals, you missed the point. The ones from PC received their papers approved also, did you forget that? I am glad that the paper work is in order, but not everything on the paper is always true is it? And why should you bring up Tolsia, don't Belfry play Williamson?

As far as leagues what league is he in, dear sir....LOL.
oldtimer3 Wrote:don't Belfry play Williamson?

Not in decades... I can't remember the last time Belfry played a team from WV.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Not in decades... I can't remember the last time Belfry played a team from WV.

How can they? Belfry took all their players.:biggrin:

j/K EKU. Anyways, that's the humor for the day.
Bob Seger Wrote:How can they? Belfry took all their players.:biggrin:

j/K EKU. Anyways, that's the humor for the day.
Belfry never TOOK anyone..they just park a school bus on the state line and open the door and see who wants to come on board HAHA
oldtimer3 Wrote:Did I ever say that I was worried about Haywood or Belfry? You are the one that seems to have some worries. You people have ridden this horse to death, but your tactics have not gone unnoticed.

Sending their approvals, you missed the point. The ones from PC received their papers approved also, did you forget that? I am glad that the paper work is in order, but not everything on the paper is always true is it? And why should you bring up Tolsia, don't Belfry play Williamson?

As far as leagues what league is he in, dear sir....LOL.

Us people have ridden the horse to death? YOU dear sir were the one who brought it up! Have a little class and respect would you?

Coach Haywood is in a league that Chapman won't touch for quite a few years IF he can manage to hang in there. But, I guess you have no clue as to what that means.
Belfry does play teams from WV,just not in football,they have tried but have been turned down..
I love football season. All this talk has me excited for the Battle For 119 come this Fall.
long_time_pirate Wrote:Us people have ridden the horse to death? YOU dear sir were the one who brought it up! Have a little class and respect would you?

Coach Haywood is in a league that Chapman won't touch for quite a few years IF he can manage to hang in there. But, I guess you have no clue as to what that means.

Yes I did say that you have ridden this horse to death. I have a clue, I know what goes on and has gone on a Pond Creek.

Yes, I did bring it up and it was not directed at you, so why don't you show some class and practice what you preach, like minding your own business.

Yes show some class, how do you know what Chapman will achieve. I am still wondering what that league is.....LOL. No explanation need, I know Haywood personally.

I can tell you're a class act.
oldtimer3 Wrote:Yes I did say that you have ridden this horse to death. I have a clue, I know what goes on and has gone on a Pond Creek.

Yes, I did bring it up and it was not directed at you, so why don't you show some class and practice what you preach, like minding your own business.

Yes show some class, how do you know what Chapman will achieve. I am still wondering what that league is.....LOL. No explanation need, I know Haywood personally.

Oldtimer, Haywood is regarded as one of the best high school football coaches of all time. He is up there with Hilton etc. Chapman, as much as I like him as well still has alot to prove. It took Haywood most of his carrer (at the time) to win a state championship. He has led Belfry to multiple championship games winning two of those. Chapman does have rings as well but it will always be regarded as an assitant untill otherwise. At this time it would be foolish not to agree that Haywood is in a class that Chapman has yet to achieve and that is as one of KYs elite coaches of all time.
oldtimer3 Wrote:Yes I did say that you have ridden this horse to death. I have a clue, I know what goes on and has gone on a Pond Creek.

So you know what has/is going on at Pond Creek yet you still think they play Williamson WV in football? Yep, that's someone with some inside knowledge.:please:
I am really looking forward to football season. Maybe the Hawks can have a "drama free" year. Looks to be a pretty tough district. I guess it will all be played out under the Friday night lights! Everybody needs to lighten up and enjoy. Support your team and your coaches. I think that there should be a separate website for those that either are so miserable or so bitter that they couldn't make a positive statement about anything or anybody and leave this one for the real fans. Let them wallow in their own misery.....For me....I'll be there cheering for our team for as many weeks as they play.....And if or when our season ends......I'll support all of the other mountain teams.:Thumbs:
clueless Wrote:I am really looking forward to football season. Maybe the Hawks can have a "drama free" year. Looks to be a pretty tough district. I guess it will all be played out under the Friday night lights! Everybody needs to lighten up and enjoy. Support your team and your coaches. I think that there should be a separate website for those that either are so miserable or so bitter that they couldn't make a positive statement about anything or anybody and leave this one for the real fans. Let them wallow in their own misery.....For me....I'll be there cheering for our team for as many weeks as they play.....And if or when our season ends......I'll support all of the other mountain teams.:Thumbs:

Very good post! Life is way too short to be cynical, bitter, and miserable. As was mentioned above, let us enjoy our teams' play on the field this coming season.

I am a Sheldon Clark fan, but I always root for a mountain team when they are not playing SC. Winning is great but winning with class is fantastic!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:nah that can wait untill the state championship this year :rockon:

They should try for the district first.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Oldtimer, Haywood is regarded as one of the best high school football coaches of all time. He is up there with Hilton etc. Chapman, as much as I like him as well still has alot to prove. It took Haywood most of his carrer (at the time) to win a state championship. He has led Belfry to multiple championship games winning two of those. Chapman does have rings as well but it will always be regarded as an assitant untill otherwise. At this time it would be foolish not to agree that Haywood is in a class that Chapman has yet to achieve and that is as one of KYs elite coaches of all time.

excellent post 15th
It's nice to see that someone can understand what I was trying to get across to Mr. Arrogance, OOPS, I mean oldtimer. I can guarantee that IF he does know Coach Haywood, it's in passing or on the field. Maybe now that you've broken it down for him, he can get the gist of "what type of league" he is in.

Oldtimer, it's a public forum. If you don't like what I post, then don't read it. I actually get a kick out of reading your childish banter so post on... LOL

This is a public form we don't have to mind our own business and we all can tell how much class you have you talk like a hater i like haters that means we still kicking beaten you.TongueirateSho
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:They should try for the district first.

Im sorry that you did not pickup on the sarcasm in that statement.
long_time_pirate Wrote:excellent post 15th
It's nice to see that someone can understand what I was trying to get across to Mr. Arrogance, OOPS, I mean oldtimer. I can guarantee that IF he does know Coach Haywood, it's in passing or on the field. Maybe now that you've broken it down for him, he can get the gist of "what type of league" he is in.

Oldtimer, it's a public forum. If you don't like what I post, then don't read it. I actually get a kick out of reading your childish banter so post on... LOL
Knowing him personally, he's one of the best people on this planet.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next