Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne Mills named new head coach at Bell County
Are you saying Mills has had threats, along with the players? Coaches change jobs all the time. This is high school football, Bruce will protect him. No excuse for this game not to be played. A lot to prove. Can we continue what has been built.
Great Hire for Bell County!!!! Congrats to Coach Mills, he will be a great fit on Log Mountain.
4ThePlayerz Wrote:Why would you put your players and your coach's health at risk for a meaningless game as this one is..................you are smarter than this........we have nothing more to prove there
Aside from the normal risks of football - there are no additional risks here. You can bet your last dollar Knox wants to play this game. And I can't see how there is not something to prove here. Now there is more to prove than ever for both sides. Knox has been the door mat for years and now that we are good enough to make this game meaningful we are looking at not getting the chance to play.

The purpose of this thread is the notion that Bell has a new coach. If dropping this game is the first move he makes as the leader there it will be controversial. He and the Bell fans and players will have to live with it. We want to play and are willing to do so. Not much else we can do but wait to see.
Football1 Wrote:Aside from the normal risks of football - there are no additional risks here. You can bet your last dollar Knox wants to play this game. And I can't see how there is not something to prove here. Now there is more to prove than ever for both sides. Knox has been the door mat for years and now that we are good enough to make this game meaningful we are looking at not getting the chance to play.

The purpose of this thread is the notion that Bell has a new coach. If dropping this game is the first move he makes as the leader there it will be controversial. He and the Bell fans and players will have to live with it. We want to play and are willing to do so. Not much else we can do but wait to see.

I think it is time for a mod to close this thread...........on the notion of bullshead whinny crap like this.........flush this down the drain......u only want personal revenge of him coming here.............remember the saying if u can beat them join them.................so are you and your son next to join our team......doubt he could play here:flush:
Let's make sure we keep this thread civil and clean.
Football1 Wrote:Aside from the normal risks of football - there are no additional risks here. You can bet your last dollar Knox wants to play this game. And I can't see how there is not something to prove here. Now there is more to prove than ever for both sides. Knox has been the door mat for years and now that we are good enough to make this game meaningful we are looking at not getting the chance to play.

I have to agree....For years our schedule has been tuff to fill. We could not get any local teams to play. Now we are going to be the ones backing out? Not good.
WhyLie Wrote:I have to agree....For years our schedule has been tuff to fill. We could not get any local teams to play. Now we are going to be the ones backing out? Not good.
HOw do you know it has been tough to fill, do you do the scheduling. It is very obvious that Bell and Knox shouldn't play for at least 2 years. Not fair for the Knox players and the Coach Mills and his family. I promise you that Bell is not afraid to play them or your team that you support.
I am sure that if this game is dropped it want be because Coach Mills.
I stopped posting because I was called wrong...idiot...don't know what i was talking about...etc.

Just wanted one more post. Mills is finally official. It HAS been a done deal since the first of Dec. Tried to tell you THAT ONE, too.

Just because money was offered (and taken) as an incentive don't make it wrong. KC countered, but Bell won out. I don't know about the assistants, but I DID and DO know about Mills.

Congrats Big Blue Bell....
4ThePlayerz Wrote:I think it is time for a mod to close this thread...........on the notion of bullshead whinny crap like this.........flush this down the drain......u only want personal revenge of him coming here.............remember the saying if u can beat them join them.................so are you and your son next to join our team......doubt he could play here:flush:
You just went way beyond civil. Keep your opinion about my son to yourself. Understood? I don't care if Mills and you room together - some things are off limits.
Football1 Wrote:You just went way beyond civil. Keep your opinion about my son to yourself. Understood? I don't care if Mills and you room together - some things are off limits.

Wow football1
you and i have disagreed and argued about almost everything i ever said, but this time i'm with you.
some things are just off limits and that was just way out of line.
4ThePlayerz Wrote:I think it is time for a mod to close this thread...........on the notion of bullshead whinny crap like this.........flush this down the drain......u only want personal revenge of him coming here.............remember the saying if u can beat them join them.................so are you and your son next to join our team......doubt he could play here:flush:

I wouldn't have thought that this thread needed closing . . .

until I read your above post.

What a pitiful, moronic way to make an argument. :ChairHit:

I have no dog in this fight at all (Boyle grad/fan) but that was bad, really bad. :please:
redstorm Wrote:I am sure that if this game is dropped it want be because Coach Mills.

The game is dropped. It was Coach Mills that wanted not to play. Congrats to Bell they made a great hire. Hate to see him go. I would love to still see this game played but it will be atleast two until it is played again. By the way I have picked out the football that I am going to eat I decided to go with a chocolate one. lol
PREACHER MAN Wrote:The game is dropped. It was Coach Mills that wanted not to play. Congrats to Bell they made a great hire. Hate to see him go. I would love to still see this game played but it will be atleast two until it is played again. By the way I have picked out the football that I am going to eat I decided to go with a chocolate one. lol

Getting to eatin BIG BOY!!!!:popcorn::popcorn:
Let me make a public apology to football1......I AM VERY SORRY FOR MY POST
LAST EVENING HERE.......HOPE THAT IS ACCEPTABLE FOR ME TO GET ON HERE AND SAY THIS PUBLICLY LIKE I HAVE HERE RIGHT NOW

This seems to have turned into a " we lost our coach, now grasp for straws thread." I think this conversation is a little ahead of its time. Coach Mills hasn't even had his opening press conference.(by the way tune in 5:30 wymt) and how could you be certain Knox wants to play the game. Decisions like these are left to coaches and administration not players and parents. I would be pretty confident is saying neither coaches considering they don't have one or administration have discussed the 2011 knox vs bell game.
4ThePlayerz Wrote:Let me make a public apology to football1......I AM VERY SORRY FOR MY POST
LAST EVENING HERE.......HOPE THAT IS ACCEPTABLE FOR ME TO GET ON HERE AND SAY THIS PUBLICLY LIKE I HAVE HERE RIGHT NOW
I appreciate and accept it.

It is time for me to take a vacation from BGR. I have enjoyed the site emmensely and have even enjoyed being woefully wrong on many occassions, including Mills. I have already told him peronally that I support him and wish him the best of luck as he makes this move. We've known each others for a long time so he knows I mean it. And I wish all of you well for a blessed and safe winter. This is a great site.
Log Mtn. Lane Wrote:This seems to have turned into a " we lost our coach, now grasp for straws thread." I think this conversation is a little ahead of its time. Coach Mills hasn't even had his opening press conference.(by the way tune in 5:30 wymt) and how could you be certain Knox wants to play the game. Decisions like these are left to coaches and administration not players and parents. I would be pretty confident is saying neither coaches considering they don't have one or administration have discussed the 2011 knox vs bell game.
I CAN ASSURE YOU THIS..... I have talked to two folks in the admin, and they want this game to be played.... As far as a head coach at Knox.... HAHAHA...

You are right... Bell shouldn't want to play this game now... Dudley is gone, and the rest of the remaining staff, called the defense and offense.. Wayne did give it direction and direction is moving foward...

And if I recall it correctly, when Dudley left the first time, didn't Bell fall off the face of the Earth? Maybe we should visit KHSAA web-page and pull up the records? Anyway, good luck Wayne at Bell, and drive on Knox with Russell, Napier, and Martin!!!
if i am not mistaken the 2000 season bell went 6-5 other than that bell has had 9-10 win seasons for the most part since coach hilton came in the 80's
johnnyt Wrote:if i am not mistaken the 2000 season bell went 6-5 other than that bell has had 9-10 win seasons for the most part since coach hilton came in the 80's
try and be certain... go check it to make sure, 100%

but, i could be wrong cause Bell isthe Pennical of Coaching... Smile
This thread has been more drama that a real live soap opera!!

Good luck to Coach Mills in his new position. Also to KC and their search for a new head coach.

This really shouldn't be too difficult, with KC's facilities and staff already in place. They have an excellent program there, and lots of fan support.

I do look forward to watching BC & KC play next year, if that game is still on schedule. I think it could be a great one!!
Multi Tasker Wrote:I CAN ASSURE YOU THIS..... I have talked to two folks in the admin, and they want this game to be played.... As far as a head coach at Knox.... HAHAHA...

You are right... Bell shouldn't want to play this game now... Dudley is gone, and the rest of the remaining staff, called the defense and offense.. Wayne did give it direction and direction is moving foward...

And if I recall it correctly, when Dudley left the first time, didn't Bell fall off the face of the Earth? Maybe we should visit KHSAA web-page and pull up the records? Anyway, good luck Wayne at Bell, and drive on Knox with Russell, Napier, and Martin!!!

Next time you talk to the admin. A clever suggestion would be to find, secure, hire a head coach before they worry about the schedule or summer car wash fundraiser.

I think the priority of finding a coach would be #1, but hey they will have a good schedule and new warm ups after the car wash.

Maybe you should dig deep in the archives of khsaa and find knox's record vs bell while your at it. OH WAIT, no need!Confusedhh:
Log Mtn. Lane Wrote:Next time you talk to the admin. A clever suggestion would be to find, secure, hire a head coach before they worry about the schedule or summer car wash fundraiser.

I think the priority of finding a coach would be #1, but hey they will have a good schedule and new warm ups after the car wash.

Maybe you should dig deep in the archives of khsaa and find knox's record vs bell while your at it. OH WAIT, no need!Confusedhh:
Hey Log Mtn Lane, you are correct about the Bell v/s KC record.... I am saying when Dudley left before, you all fell off the Earth.... KC, just like Bell, knows who they are going to hire.. And a Car Wash? Are you serious? We had a bunch of those summer car washes to raise the money for the field house.... The support for our program is in place, more now than when Wayne was there, and he has only been gone to the Pinnacle for a couple days. BAHAHA....

How did he look last night on TV? I thought he looked a little sad? I mean, I heard his words, but his facial expressions didnt tell the same message as his words....
Multi Tasker Wrote:Hey Log Mtn Lane, you are correct about the Bell v/s KC record.... I am saying when Dudley left before, you all fell off the Earth.... KC, just like Bell, knows who they are going to hire.. And a Car Wash? Are you serious? We had a bunch of those summer car washes to raise the money for the field house.... The support for our program is in place, more now than when Wayne was there, and he has only been gone to the Pinnacle for a couple days. BAHAHA....

How did he look last night on TV? I thought he looked a little sad? I mean, I heard his words, but his facial expressions didnt tell the same message as his words....

I'm not sure how he looked. All I heard was "blah blah blah, this is the place I always wanted to be, there was no doubt when I had this opportunity I would take it, and knox central was 1 and 19 before I took the job. "

I am glad to hear that two days after losing the best coach in your programs history your program is at it's strongest point. I also realize denial is a bad disease.
He showed them kids, parents, and people they could win... Scotty Russell, Chaz martin, and Jeremey Napier already knows how to win.... Plus, you take one of your own, Wayne, to discard his home town, home team, like he did.... Yeah, this is the strongest this team has ever been... Not to mention, the support is already growning stronger than ever before.... Go figure my friend, think about it....
khsaa goes back to 98 and since then they had one 6-5 season in 2000 and a 8-2 season (which was after hilton returned). after that 9+ wins. not sure about the 97 season or before.
Exactly, Hilton times... Look, all I am saying is that time will tell...
greer never had a losing season and he also had 9-10 win seasons as well, but you are right no one other than hilton will ever win with bell county.

will mills be a great coach that brings multiple championships to bell? who knows but i know he is more than capable of keeping bell on their current track of having their name in contention year in and year out as a team to win a championship.
johnnyt Wrote:khsaa goes back to 98 and since then they had one 6-5 season in 2000 and a 8-2 season (which was after hilton returned). after that 9+ wins. not sure about the 97 season or before.
1997- 9-5 State Semi-Finals, Start out 0-4
1998- 12-1 Regional finals
johnnyt Wrote:greer never had a losing season and he also had 9-10 win seasons as well, but you are right no one other than hilton will ever win with bell county.will mills be a great coach that brings multiple championships to bell? who knows but i know he is more than capable of keeping bell on their current track of having their name in contention year in and year out as a team to win a championship.
This is the stupid statement i have ever read