Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryle 28 Highlands 26
neerfan Wrote:Several of you have said in the past championship caliber teams don't make excuses but all of a sudden you are the ones making them. Hows that crow taste now. HA HA HA:lmao:

Now this is the Neer that we've all come to know and love.:argue:
O how the mighty have fallen. Ryle wins a hard fought game and all we hear is excuses and bad officiating from Highlands fans. RYLE BEAT THEM FAIR AND SQUARE. Congradulations to Ryle for proving no one in high school football is invincible. It all gets settled on the field like it should and not by posters on message boards.
congrads ryle. i just cant believe that the blue birds lost
Schmilla88 Wrote:Congrats Ryle on a great win TongueirateSho
-Yes Highlands was sitting out key players whether because of injuries or saving for the playoffs. Its unfortunate that injuries happens but you have to move on and can't use that as an excuse for a loss. And if you save players for the playoffs is a decision you made and you have to stick with it.
-Using a generic game plan is a bad coaching mistake, enough said.
-Highlands taking an easy on Ryle in the game is another big mistake that they have to take accountability for.
-Simon Kenton "whooping up" on Highlands?? haha Ok Simon Kenton is a good team but not that good this year, and if you wanted to prove you could maybe you should have scheduled them. I'm still looking foward to a Ryle vs. SK rematch
-Good game for Ryle, with excellent time management and running.
-Highlands is still an amazing team but this shows that Ryle has the abillity to compete with the big teams.
-GO RAIDERS!!! TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho Good luck in the playoffs!
or even next year. With the new scheduling taking place I'm sure both teams could find an open date but YOU WILL NOT SEE THAT
Congrats to Ryle. That was a very well played game by the Raiders. Now bring home the 6A State trophy.

Also, would like to add, a big congrats to Ryle QB Conner Hemple. Not only was he the "man" on the field last night, he will also be the "man" on Harvards campus next year.:Thumbs:
3wishes Wrote:5A teams, take a deep breathe and take it all in.:yikes:

Don't think it will make a difference, if anything it will make HHS better. A scorned and defeated team is easier to coach.

Plus Ryle is pretty darn good and 1 of the better 6A teams in the state. Also this is the 2nd meeting between the 2 this season.

For someone to say HHS was holding back. That is CRAZY. They wanted to win bottom line!!!
congrats Ryle, thats a huge accomplishment!

I think Highlands is very beatable this year, SK would ahve a great shot.
Ive read on here that SK refused to schedule Highlands for next year?
Could this be reconsidered now?

Whats everyones top 5 rankings now of teams in NKY?
SweetLemonade Wrote:congrats Ryle, thats a huge accomplishment!

I think Highlands is very beatable this year, SK would ahve a great shot.
Ive read on here that SK refused to schedule Highlands for next year?
Could this be reconsidered now?

Whats everyones top 5 rankings now of teams in NKY?
SK doesn't want to play Highlands. They perfer to keep the Scott game.
Duke45 Wrote:It would certainly be a good match-up if they both make it there. I'd like to see if last year's game against JC and this game against Ryle has done anything to teach the Birds a bit about stopping the run more efficiently, which it seemed like the Birds started to do in the fourth quarter tonight.

Just as a little side-note, the Class of 2011 at Highlands are the streak-breakers. If you remember back to their/my freshmen year, the frosh team didn't go undefeated like the, I believe, three classes before them.

Also, I haven't said congrats to Ryle, so congrats to them. Hopefully this will be the start of a good rivalry (We need something to temporarily take the place of the Cov Cath rivalry anyway, right? :p). Looking to next year, I see Ryle winning again but then Highlands resuming NKY dominance the following year.

You think Ryle could beat Highlands again next year?? Highlands has most everyone back and Ryle loses a ton. Highlands also has another loaded group moving up to varsity from the freshmen team. You will see a few new starters next year, but IMO Highlands won't lose again in KY for another few years.
nky Wrote:SK doesn't want to play Highlands. They perfer to keep the Scott game.

Oh i see, Thanks!
nky Wrote:SK doesn't want to play Highlands. They perfer to keep the Scott game.

Ouch -

--- Whre you at now neerfan :biggrin:
Wideleft01 Wrote:You think Ryle could beat Highlands again next year?? Highlands has most everyone back and Ryle loses a ton. Highlands also has another loaded group moving up to varsity from the freshmen team. You will see a few new starters next year, but IMO Highlands won't lose again in KY for another few years.
We will not get to find out Ryle is not playing Highlands next year I do believe
nky Wrote:We will not get to find out Ryle is not playing Highlands next year I do believe

As of a few weeks ago, that was true. I believe that it was decided that the agreement was to discontinue, but from what I heard from the Ryle camp is was so both teams could see how the final appeals went and the districts were completed. I would not be surprised now that the districts are not as bad as either teams expected, that you will see these two teams get at least one more home and home back on the schedule. You will not likely see two games per year again, but I do think these teams will get back onto each others schedule. There is a lot of mutual respect between these two programs
neerfan Wrote:Several of you have said in the past championship caliber teams don't make excuses but all of a sudden you are the ones making them. Hows that crow taste now. HA HA HA:lmao:
Not as bad as it must have tasted when SK went down state and embarrassed all of NKY by being destroyed. Crawl back into your hole. Highlands haters are just wannabes.
I believe this loss will likely serve as a plus for Highlands, Trinity, and St. Xavier. How? First, it will wake up Highlands to the fact that they can lose and make them even more likely to breeze through the 5A payoffs. Second, T and X will realize that Ryle is no pushover for them as are most of the other 6A teams and they will prepare and perform accordingly.

All in all, the loss may well have helped guarantee another title for both Highlands and, hopefully, for Trinity.
Ryle and Highlands are playing one game against each other next year.
Truth Wrote:I believe this loss will likely serve as a plus for Highlands, Trinity, and St. Xavier. How? First, it will wake up Highlands to the fact that they can lose and make them even more likely to breeze through the 5A payoffs. Second, T and X will realize that Ryle is no pushover for them as are most of the other 6A teams and they will prepare and perform accordingly.

All in all, the loss may well have helped guarantee another title for both Highlands and, hopefully, for Trinity.

I don"t think anybody is going to breeze through 5A this year. Highlands may still be the favorite but it won't be a cakewalk. Until somebody beats John Hardin, I would say they might be the favorite right now. They play a very good Central Hardin team tonight, so we will know more about them tomorrow.
hop24 Wrote:Hold on,hold on..........Violin playing sadly.:getwell:

well mr bigshot why dont sk play highlands wait let me guess you would play scott so you could win and runaway from highlands so you guys would not lose. well it like this you cant diss on ryle when they step up to the plate and play the shark while you play with the tadpoles :flush:
"John Hardin, I would say they might be the favorite right now"
You do not believe that yourself. Highland's is the team to beat and everyone one else a distance second.
adopted purple Wrote:I don"t think anybody is going to breeze through 5A this year. Highlands may still be the favorite but it won't be a cakewalk. Until somebody beats John Hardin, I would say they might be the favorite right now. They play a very good Central Hardin team tonight, so we will know more about them tomorrow.

Whatever perceived chance John Hardin had at winning 5A was lessened by the upset of FTH.
adopted purple Wrote:O how the mighty have fallen. Ryle wins a hard fought game and all we hear is excuses and bad officiating from Highlands fans. RYLE BEAT THEM FAIR AND SQUARE. Congradulations to Ryle for proving no one in high school football is invincible. It all gets settled on the field like it should and not by posters on message boards.

You and Neerfan keep talking about HHS fans making excuses. I read the posts agian and I am not seeing excuses. I see HHS fans saying they got beat. Yes there were some bad calls, yes some players sat out for HHS, but that is not what cost them the game. The game was lost by some bad coaching decisions, way too many penalties, and not being able to stop the Ryle running attack. Neerfan is the one who always wants to blame the men in stripes. There was a post about a bad call(which it was), but it did not blame the loss on the bad call.
adopted purple Wrote:O how the mighty have fallen. Ryle wins a hard fought game and all we hear is excuses and bad officiating from Highlands fans. RYLE BEAT THEM FAIR AND SQUARE. Congradulations to Ryle for proving no one in high school football is invincible. It all gets settled on the field like it should and not by posters on message boards.

I hope you weren't waiting on Ryle to prove that no one in high school football is invincible.
hop24 Wrote:You think ole high and mighty Dale wanted his 37 game win streak to end?

No. Do I think he's sweating it today? No.
Congrats to Ryle. That was a well earned victory and I'm sure the sun is particularly warm in Union today.TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
did they play twice
Highlands is still the team to beat in 5A. Hopefully John Hardin will get another go at them this year.
I don't think anyone put a for sale sign in Dale's yard yet. I think he'll right the ship. Do we also have to hear about John Hardin again? I saw a John Hardin team get run over in the finals last year.
Something needs to be clarified here: Ryle beat Highlands. They deserve everyone's congratulations, and they should be the ones talking the smack if they find it necessary. I don't see why everyone else is trying to jump on their bandwagon and talk smack. Unless your team plays and BEATS Highlands, stay in your hole and realize that Highlands is still one of the best programs in the state and that they'll never go down easily.

With that said, congrats once again to Ryle; I'm looking forward to the rivalry.
sstack Wrote:You and Neerfan keep talking about HHS fans making excuses. I read the posts agian and I am not seeing excuses. I see HHS fans saying they got beat. Yes there were some bad calls, yes some players sat out for HHS, but that is not what cost them the game. The game was lost by some bad coaching decisions, way too many penalties, and not being able to stop the Ryle running attack. Neerfan is the one who always wants to blame the men in stripes. There was a post about a bad call(which it was), but it did not blame the loss on the bad call.

They just got beat. Period. Some of the things you mentioned are excuses. I read the same posts you read and few said they were beat by the best team on the field Thursday night. I like to call them as I see them. When Bowling Green loses I try not to give excuses or blame it on bad calls. It's usually because the other team played better that night. I think that's what happened Thursday.
NCC41 Wrote:I hope you weren't waiting on Ryle to prove that no one in high school football is invincible.

The way people post on here and other boards you would think **** just froze over. I've said it all year long. This is not the same Highlands team from last year. If their schedule wasn't so weak they would have already lost.
Wow oh Wow! Congrats to Ryle...