Poll: who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ashland tomcats
80.00%
raceland rams
20.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Ashland 8/27
serious? Wrote:I think Raceland is down compared to where they have been the last few years and Ashland probably is the best team in the area. I take that back, they are the best team in the area. So the Rams may have some trouble come Friday, but most teams in the area are going to have trouble with Ashland. I have to give credit to the Rams for playing the schedule they play. I agree Boyd is down, but when they were scheduled it was hard to know how Boyd would be. Year in and year out Raceland plays as tough as a schedule as anybody in the area, and they are a 1A school. I hope they can make a game of it, but I am not so sure they will. Best of luck to both teams and may they stay injury free. :popcorn:

raceland doesnt play as tough a schedule they play a good schedule for a 1a school but they do not play ironton,belfry or johnson central every year and they just recently started plying russell when russell was down they didnt play them during the josh gross or kasey clark years. As a matter of fact ashland was the only team on this side of the river not to throw in the towel and wave the white flag in the ironton series:Thumbs:
Nobody threw in the towel. The Khsaa dictated alot of the scheduling when they placed some teams in an 8 team district back in the mid 1990s.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:raceland doesnt play as tough a schedule they play a good schedule for a 1a school but they do not play ironton,belfry or johnson central every year and they just recently started plying russell when russell was down they didnt play them during the josh gross or kasey clark years. As a matter of fact ashland was the only team on this side of the river not to throw in the towel and wave the white flag in the ironton series:Thumbs:

In my opinion, Raceland plays (almost every year) as tough a schedule as anyone around. As a 1A school, you have to understand that a single injury can have a huge impact on their season. As you said, they don't play Ironton, JC, or Belfry, but that doesn't mean that they are playing cupcakes either.

Ironton, Ashland, and Russell all have some very serious tradition in football, but for their size, Raceland has nothing to apologize for and they back down from no one.

Solid community, pride in their program, and they are on a roll.
FBALL Wrote:Nobody threw in the towel. The Khsaa dictated alot of the scheduling when they placed some teams in an 8 team district back in the mid 1990s.

What was the last time,Russell played ironton before the series stopped
Squid Wrote:In my opinion, Raceland plays (almost every year) as tough a schedule as anyone around. As a 1A school, you have to understand that a single injury can have a huge impact on their season. As you said, they don't play Ironton, JC, or Belfry, but that doesn't mean that they are playing cupcakes either.

Ironton, Ashland, and Russell all have some very serious tradition in football, but for their size, Raceland has nothing to apologize for and they back down from no one.

Solid community, pride in their program, and they are on a roll.

I agree for a 1a school they don't play cupcakes and are a good program but if your gonna lay claim to toughest schedule around u have to compare it to those schools in the area even if they are bigger schools
Raceland-6
Ashland-42
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:raceland doesnt play as tough a schedule they play a good schedule for a 1a school but they do not play ironton,belfry or johnson central every year and they just recently started plying russell when russell was down they didnt play them during the josh gross or kasey clark years. As a matter of fact ashland was the only team on this side of the river not to throw in the towel and wave the white flag in the ironton series:Thumbs:

Why would we play all those schools? There's like 450 kids in the school grades 7-12. And I do wish we played Ironton. Should've beat them back in 08 if we played. We don't play a single 1A school outside of district play.
They may have more talent available to them but the Rams can deny them intensity & desire.