•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be Shelby Valley's next coach?
I know the coaching world is cut throat but you people on here have no athletic morals at all. Justice would be a good choice but what kind of choice would that be for the ER kids. ERs previous coach was moved to open a space for Justice and then after 1 year Justice moves on to SV. Because they win the state they can do as they please? If this happens the Pike Co board has no backbone and are not as they claim for all the kids.
I think if you check it out that E.R.'s coach willingly stepped down in order to take another job(maybe administrative). When you can get a coach the caliber of Raymond Justice when the opportunity is there---it's a good decision. Coaches have always been moved, replaced, transferred,hired, or fired when adm. wants to. It sort of goes with the territory and is just a reality that is part of the game.
fedscreekviking Wrote:I know the coaching world is cut throat but you people on here have no athletic morals at all. Justice would be a good choice but what kind of choice would that be for the ER kids. ERs previous coach was moved to open a space for Justice and then after 1 year Justice moves on to SV. Because they win the state they can do as they please? If this happens the Pike Co board has no backbone and are not as they claim for all the kids.

This thread is simply people stating who they think the coach will be or who they want the coach to be. Jason Booher is leaving the SV kids because it is a free country and people can move jobs if they want. I understand you do not want Justice to leave but your post is laughable. SV already has a name known statewide and the possibility of combining his son with the kids from Dorton and Virgie would be very tempting.
as of now the only coach that has applied is still only union's coach.
Word that I am hearing is that the new may be from Western Ky, and toured the school Wednesday.
windsprint you are incorrect. Ratliff was given another job but was was told no matter what decision he made about that job he would not be the head coach at ER as they were giving that job to someone else. My question again is why are the kids left at SV better than the ones at ER. I know for a fact that certain people at SV ask Justice if he would be the next coach as early as January. No matter how the Sv backers twist it the facts are it is not right to move Justice and his SON to a district rival within the same school district/county.
Windsprint Wrote:Shelby Valley would be making a great chice with Raymond Justice. He is a class act and he has great knowledge of the game. I can think of noone better to build another state contender for Valley. Justice has won everywhere he has been and will continue to win wherever he is at. Class act--classy coach---and even a classier person.

Didn't Letcher County Central get rid of him for the way he acted? He won games at Central but what makes you think he can make them a state contender with Valley when he couldn't make Letcher County into a region champion.
While we are on the subject I am glad I gave you a laugh 5timechamp but I am serious and I am tired of ER being treated like a step child. ER had the best band director in Pike Co yet she was moved to Belfry because the super was from Belfry. Two of ER top girl athletes move to SV and strings are pulled to get and keep them eleigble. And I heard the story they didnt want to go to ER so leave them alone. That find but follow the rules. One one the girls lives in Elkhorn city ,never moved, never missed a dayat Sv sports. And speaking of laughable I think its funny that one of the traits the Sv backers want in a coach is the ability to attract transfers when KHSAA rules plainly state student CANNOT change schools, even by moving, to be a part of a better team. SV wants Justice only because of his son.You dont like my opinions too bad I dont like yours.
i hope its Doe-Doe. Great guy and great coach. Good with kids and alot of these kids know him very well. It wouldnt b fair to the jr's and seniors on this team to get a coach they never have been around
i say that raymond justice will apply next week. think about it shelby valley is the top program in the region. why wouldnt a coach want to coach there?
Doe Doe should get the nod. He has paid his dues and understands the Shelby Valley community.

If Shelby Valley does not hire him another school will.
who is it left up to , to find a coach
I hear it wont be from inside Pike Co. All the names been seriously considered are out of towners is the word from Central Ky.
fedscreekviking Wrote:While we are on the subject I am glad I gave you a laugh 5timechamp but I am serious and I am tired of ER being treated like a step child. ER had the best band director in Pike Co yet she was moved to Belfry because the super was from Belfry. Two of ER top girl athletes move to SV and strings are pulled to get and keep them eleigble. And I heard the story they didnt want to go to ER so leave them alone. That find but follow the rules. One one the girls lives in Elkhorn city ,never moved, never missed a dayat Sv sports. And speaking of laughable I think its funny that one of the traits the Sv backers want in a coach is the ability to attract transfers when KHSAA rules plainly state student CANNOT change schools, even by moving, to be a part of a better team. SV wants Justice only because of his son.You dont like my opinions too bad I dont like yours.

Camron Justice is only in 7th grade and can stay in there 1 more year if he chooses, but he can't play High School next year if he does. He's good enough to play and won't stay back. He starts at ER or where ever he goes next year...
I dont see Justice leaving for Shelby Valley. I know recent success would make this someone's dream job, and your probably right, SV is a EKY coaches dream job. East Ridge has had some past success, if you dont remember. They have had the athletes and now the coaching thats been missing since the James Hurley era. Now, Im not saying Justice will stay at East Ridge, just simply stating I believe he wont leave.
I believe Jason Booher could coach any where in the country and he will never again have a team that played with as much heart and selflessness as the team he lead to the state championship. This team was all to willing to accept thier individual roles on this team and this was the key to thier success.
I heard the next coach won't be from around here either. It seems unfair to the kids left and the coaches applying. But, this bunch of kids have always been the ones left and the winning coaches move on when the winning team moves on. As far as it not being right to hire the Justice man, SV can morally hire anyone that applys. If he applies, and gets hired, that means he wants to coach there and that is between him and the sv admin. If a coach is hired just to get transfer players, it is ridiculous and I am sick of kids transferring their last year or two. Transfer before you get in high school or stay where you are. I never want to see what happened to Curby Tackett happen to another kid anywhere! I hope Greg newsome stays so all the hype will die down. Who is taking them to camp this year? I hope Sv don't have a repeat of that disaster of a football coaching staff they hired because they didn't want a local boy! Hindsight is 20/20!
does anybody know if Al Hatcher will apply?
5timechamp Wrote:This thread is simply people stating who they think the coach will be or who they want the coach to be. Jason Booher is leaving the SV kids because it is a free country and people can move jobs if they want. I understand you do not want Justice to leave but your post is laughable. SV already has a name known statewide and the possibility of combining his son with the kids from Dorton and Virgie would be very tempting.

he might be tempted to put his son with the kids from dorton, heard does boys won't play for him.. But if he stays put he can put his boy with the kids from fedscreek that won the county!! And if I recall svhs and er jv squads split this year, and it was Greg newsomes coaching that won the 1 for valley not the talent,,, so I think a good coach would realize where the talent is and stay put!!
BlueChip1 Wrote:he might be tempted to put his son with the kids from dorton, heard does boys won't play for him.. But if he stays put he can put his boy with the kids from fedscreek that won the county!! And if I recall svhs and er jv squads split this year, and it was Greg newsomes coaching that won the 1 for valley not the talent,,, so I think a good coach would realize where the talent is and stay put!!
valleys jv had more talent than east ridge and if raymond justice dont come to valley, then the jv players last year will prove they have more talent!
How good is the Cameron Justice boy?
NightHawk Wrote:yea as we can all read Icey Hot thinks he knows every little thing thats going on..and Doe Doe caring about the players plz he wouldnt have a team if he didnt hold the same players back 6 years in the same grade and then play them his own son has been a sixth grader for like 4 years and hes still holing them back...caring about the kids plz...HAHA
actually i probley know a little more than you do. considering i know doe doe personally and have been a friend of his for about 4 or 5 years now. and have u been to an practice of his? i have, every player is involved not like most coachs who have the kids that dont play just sit there and watch. and he has one kid that has been in 7th grade i think 3 times but the kid is just know turning 14, i turned 14 in 7th grade so did all the other great players at valley ( elsiha, logan bryant, tyler newsome. taylor newsome, ashley hatfield) they are all hold backs. and doe doe's little boy is in the 6th grade for the first time this year, hes just been on the middle schhol team since 4th grade when doe doe started coaching there. at doe doe rowes open gyms at virgie every kid that shows up plays even the bad ones. so doe doe rowe does care about that community and players unlike booher who did nothing with the kids besides the ones you seen in the games that played more than a minute. and was at valley with the talent to build his resume. he know he was leaving when elsiha was.
whats this that doe's boys won't play for Justice should he be the new coach? Well maybe some of you don't realize it but doe's boys are not the only boys capable of playing and/or winning.... there are boys at Valley tha would never play for doe, either, so let the crying begin when he takes all those that wouldn't play for Justice and go someplace else... Oh, I forgot he hasn't gotten any other offers, right? New Coach at Valley should be #1 choice Greg Newsome, #2 choice Alan Hatcher, #3 choice Raymond Justice #4 choice anyone else from another area!!!!!!!!
Justin Amburgey will be the next head coach at Valley!
Rusty Shackelford will be the next coach at Shelby Valley!

It gets old just randomly throwing names out there
So has anyone actually been interviewed for the job
CardinalAlum Wrote:So has anyone actually been interviewed for the job
no i dont think anybody has been interviewed yet.
fedscreekviking Wrote:While we are on the subject I am glad I gave you a laugh 5timechamp but I am serious and I am tired of ER being treated like a step child. ER had the best band director in Pike Co yet she was moved to Belfry because the super was from Belfry. Two of ER top girl athletes move to SV and strings are pulled to get and keep them eleigble. And I heard the story they didnt want to go to ER so leave them alone. That find but follow the rules. One one the girls lives in Elkhorn city ,never moved, never missed a dayat Sv sports. And speaking of laughable I think its funny that one of the traits the Sv backers want in a coach is the ability to attract transfers when KHSAA rules plainly state student CANNOT change schools, even by moving, to be a part of a better team. SV wants Justice only because of his son.You dont like my opinions too bad I dont like yours.

You obviously are carrying some baggage about this subject. You are assuming I dont like your opinion but you are wrong actually in my first post I stated that I understood why you wouldnt want Justice to leave. The fact is this is America and unless a person signs a binding contract with a company or organization they are free to change jobs any time they want. There are several reasons that Justice would want the Sv job but this is not do or die for SV like it is for ER. Virgie and Dorton will continue to produce good players and the school will hire a good coach because it is a premier job in EKY and good coaches will apply.
FWIW,

All this "Doe Doe's boys won't play for Justice" stuff has no merit. Unless something has happened in recent years Doe Doe and Raymond have always had a very good relationship with one another going back to Raymond's days at Belfry. IF for some reason Justice was hired and Doe Doe was not, you can bet your bottom dollar that 1) Raymond would gladly offer a coaching spot to Doe Doe on his staff 2) Doe Doe would strongly urge his players to support Justice
Im really glad you posted "IF" like it is. But all and all you seem you seem to know more then whats expected?
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next