Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Backfields to watch for in the Mountains
EKUAlum05 Wrote:In terms of the best backfields it will be clearly Bell County, Johnson Central, and a veteran Sheldon Clark team IMO.

It will be interesting to see what kind of season the following backfields have, if for nothing else for the sake of mystery:

1. Shelby Valley- One of the top producing backfields in kentucky returns relatively in tact. Can they duplicate their success?

2. Belfry- Year in, year out one of the elite backfields in kentucky must replace Thomas Varney who practically carried the team. Lots of young talent but will Belfry be "down"?

3. Breathitt County- How will the powerhouse program fare sans Fugate and Haddix?

Breathitt will be great with Trent;Prichard;and Collins.
Ricky Bobby Wrote:Johnson Central not only led the state in rushing,they were #1 in the nation with over 6000 yds.!!!:Clap:

This was the year they had Chase Richardson in the back field. So 2008
Ricky Bobby Wrote:I agree Bell shut down L.C.'s run game, but they shut down alot of people,so no shame there.Still the fact is James & Bentley both had great years and will continue to do so this year. Against the 2 teams from your district( McCreary & Knox ) James had 197 yds.& 162. So I believe your arguement about weak defences is moot,did Bell not play these same teams? Bell has some terrific talent, cant argue with that,but they are not the only school in the mtn's. that does. Thats all I was trying to say. Thank you.:thanks: I stand by my statement that James & Bentley combined will go over 3000 yards,we shall see.:rockon:

They did play those teams. They also played very good teams in Alcoa (Won 6 straight State Titles in Tennessee the past six years), Marion Co, Boyle Co, and Whitley Co.
padd4pirate Wrote:I like it there Belfry0304-its catchyTongueirateSho

Gary hits the middle and crashes it all up. Nate gets his run and go's and jukes and smashes, and Jeffree's like Flash... too fast!
Ricky Bobby Wrote:I agree Bell shut down L.C.'s run game, but they shut down alot of people,so no shame there.Still the fact is James & Bentley both had great years and will continue to do so this year. Against the 2 teams from your district( McCreary & Knox ) James had 197 yds.& 162. So I believe your arguement about weak defences is moot,did Bell not play these same teams? Bell has some terrific talent, cant argue with that,but they are not the only school in the mtn's. that does. Thats all I was trying to say. Thank you.:thanks: I stand by my statement that James & Bentley combined will go over 3000 yards,we shall see.:rockon:
And against Sheldon Clark Hunter had 13 carries for 94 yards and Caleb had 8 carries for 45 yards... But what you have to look at in that game last year was Shane Pack was the work horse and had 22 carries for 138 yards.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
allstate2008 Wrote:This was the year they had Chase Richardson in the back field. So 2008
Well at the end of the regular season JC rushed for 4207 and I couldnt find what the season totals were with the 3 playoff games added to that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Really? So when you fumble repeatedly and recover for big losses, those carries are simply not counted as rushing attempts? That is news to me. Thank you for enlightening me. :Thumbs:

Even if what you say is correct, repeated fumbles have a way of keeping a running team from settling into a groove and runners tend to start focusing more on not making mistakes than making big plays.

Johnson Central did not just fumble against the strongest teams on its schedule early last season, the Golden Eagles fumbled against everybody. If they cough the ball up early and often again, it will be a long night. If they hang on to the ball like a veteran backfield should, it will be a much different game than last year.

There were 7 fumbles in the BC game last year and I think JC lost 4 of them. Unless they were losing 8 yards at a clip I still don't see a lot of rushing going on right there. It's not like this was an anomaly for the Rebel defense. Ask Bell County who had as great a rushing game as JC last year. They were held under 100 yards and had NO fumbles.

I respect what the Eagles have done in the recent past but it's not like they are the greatest rushing team of all time who has never been slowed down or stopped before. :argue:
Batpuff Wrote:Well at the end of the regular season JC rushed for 4207 and I couldnt find what the season totals were with the 3 playoff games added to that.

They had 242 yards vs. Highlands.

So that means they would have to have had to have had 1501 in the other 2 playoff games.

That's just over 750 per game in those 2 games.
Hatz Wrote:They had 242 yards vs. Highlands.

So that means they would have to have had to have had 1501 in the other 2 playoff games.

That's just over 750 per game in those 2 games.

I'm willing to bet it was really close to that.:Thumbs:
I certainly think you have to give Bell Co. and Johnson Central the edge in this one.
Hatz Wrote:There were 7 fumbles in the BC game last year and I think JC lost 4 of them. Unless they were losing 8 yards at a clip I still don't see a lot of rushing going on right there. It's not like this was an anomaly for the Rebel defense. Ask Bell County who had as great a rushing game as JC last year. They were held under 100 yards and had NO fumbles.

I respect what the Eagles have done in the recent past but it's not like they are the greatest rushing team of all time who has never been slowed down or stopped before. :argue:
Sure you do, Hatz! We can see that by the tone and quantity of your posts in every single thread having to do with the Golden Eagles. :lmao:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Sure you do, Hatz! We can see that by the tone and quantity of your posts in every single thread having to do with the Golden Eagles. :lmao:

Just because I debate with statistics the "assumptions" of some (i.e. No one stopped us from rushing the ball last year.) doesn't meant I don't respect a program. I think most Eagles fans have been great posters who logically share their teams good and bad. It's the ones that seem "**** up" on things like "We are the greatest rushing team around," or "no one stopped our running," that make me :eyeroll:. The truth is that the best programs don't make excuses, they just let their records speak for themselves. :Thumbs:

And the record that counts the most is wins and losses and titles.
Hatz Wrote:Just because I debate with statistics the "assumptions" of some (i.e. No one stopped us from rushing the ball last year.) doesn't meant I don't respect a program. I think most Eagles fans have been great posters who logically share their teams good and bad. It's the ones that seem "**** up" on things like "We are the greatest rushing team around," or "no one stopped our running," that make me :eyeroll:. The truth is that the best programs don't make excuses, they just let their records speak for themselves. :Thumbs:

That's right, Hatz. When the 2010 Golden Eagles meet the 2010 Rebels on August 20, each team will have zero wins and zero titles under their belt. What happened very early in the 2009 season will not be a factor in the outcome of the game.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Thats very easy to do with a WEAK schedule. How many did they have against Bell Co's D? Not flaming but its hard to brag when they played weak teams with weak defenses.

These players had these stats against Bell Co:

Hunter James 21 yards total rushing
Caleb Bentley -7 yards total rushing

ITS OK YOU GOTTA COME HERE THIS YEAR GONNA BE A GOOD ONE WE STILL PLAYING THE WEAK SCHEDULE WE WILL SEE HOW IT GOES REMEMBER WHERE YOU HEARD IT FIRST LC WILL KNOCK BC OUT THIS YEAR AND TO STAY ON TOPIC WOULDN'T TRADE OUR BACKFIELD FOR ANY IN THE STATE. AND IF YOU AIN'T DOWN WITH THAT TWO WORDS FOR YOU OH JUST BLOW ME:ChairHit:
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:ITS OK YOU GOTTA COME HERE THIS YEAR GONNA BE A GOOD ONE WE STILL PLAYING THE WEAK SCHEDULE WE WILL SEE HOW IT GOES REMEMBER WHERE YOU HEARD IT FIRST LC WILL KNOCK BC OUT THIS YEAR AND TO STAY ON TOPIC WOULDN'T TRADE OUR BACKFIELD FOR ANY IN THE STATE. AND IF YOU AIN'T DOWN WITH THAT TWO WORDS FOR YOU OH JUST BLOW ME:ChairHit:

LMAO, yes we heard it last year here first too. Of how LC was going to beat Bell Co last season but the score ended up 41-0 with Bell not even playing there Varsity in the 4th. Cant wait till this years game as well. Did you guys get tired of hearing Davenport here and Davenport there? Guess what hes back and only a Junior. :igiveup:
Hatz Wrote:Just because I debate with statistics the "assumptions" of some (i.e. No one stopped us from rushing the ball last year.) doesn't meant I don't respect a program. I think most Eagles fans have been great posters who logically share their teams good and bad. It's the ones that seem "**** up" on things like "We are the greatest rushing team around," or "no one stopped our running," that make me :eyeroll:. The truth is that the best programs don't make excuses, they just let their records speak for themselves. :Thumbs:

Still trying to flame other schools with your logical arguments and statistic analysis?!?!?? I see some things never change!Confusedhh:
with the returning junior and senior in gary runyon and nathan carroll, and the addition of jeffree pruitt, belfry will be as tough as ever. hard to replace tom, but jeffree is step-for-step as fast, possibly as agile. belfry was shock those who underestimate them
padd4pirate Wrote:I think Belfry returning carrol and runyon,and with some new additions will shock alot of people
I thank you are right this is a very good back field.
This will give us something to talk about at pratice.
TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Still trying to flame other schools with your logical arguments and statistic analysis?!?!?? I see some things never change!Confusedhh:

What can I say, I was bored. :biggrin:
Hatz Wrote:What can I say, I was bored. :biggrin:

No dog in this fight so I'll just enjoy reading the posts. Might as well give our predictions on the game between JC and Boyle. Let's hear 'em!
easyM Wrote:No dog in this fight so I'll just enjoy reading the posts. Might as well give our predictions on the game between JC and Boyle. Let's hear 'em!

boyle wins 34-14
SCHS#70 Wrote:boyle wins 34-14

Based on what Boyle is bringing back they'll be a beast to face regardless of who they're playing. I'll take Boyle is this one 17-7. And that is giving JC respect. You play Boyle that close you have a heck of a team as well.
easyM Wrote:Based on what Boyle is bringing back they'll be a beast to face regardless of who they're playing. I'll take Boyle is this one 17-7. And that is giving JC respect. You play Boyle that close you have a heck of a team as well.

i would say that jc might do that considering that they did sore 21 on highlands and highlands was a beast last year but it depends on how many players jc lost last year
SCHS#70 Wrote:i would say that jc might do that considering that they did sore 21 on highlands and highlands was a beast last year but it depends on how many players jc lost last year

Just going on what I've read on here JC has quite a bit coming back. Should be a good game to watch.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Breathitt will be great with Trent;Prichard;and Collins.
breathitt has the trent kid at qb was alot dept at hb back u got collins,prichard,cox,smith.i think they will pretty hard to beat.
bell county dont have carton anymore he got kicked out. davenport is still good. johnson central is always a running team. knox has a good 1 2 punch with tyler bailey and johnathon turpin.
the light wizard Wrote:bell county dont have carton anymore he got kicked out. davenport is still good. johnson central is always a running team. knox has a good 1 2 punch with tyler bailey and johnathon turpin.

I look for Knox to turn some heads this season. Clearly Bell is the favorite in that district but I think Knox will be right there as well.
the light wizard Wrote:bell county dont have carton anymore he got kicked out. davenport is still good. johnson central is always a running team. knox has a good 1 2 punch with tyler bailey and johnathon turpin.

Carton didnt even play that much at RB last season. He played on the Dline. He only had 13 carries on the season.

Davenport is GREAT. Bell can go 5 deep if tey want to with great backs. Dudley just uses about 2. Mills, Davenport, Hilton, Collett, and Brown all are good backs.
Polly has always impressed my for Bell. I think he is just a Soph? Will he get many carries?

KC has two big RB's in Bailey and Tupin but not much speed. Seems like they may try to 3 yard teams to death which fits Coach Mills personaility better than the spread stuff we have tried to run last year.
William Muney Wrote:Polly has always impressed my for Bell. I think he is just a Soph? Will he get many carries?

KC has two big RB's in Bailey and Tupin but not much speed. Seems like they may try to 3 yard teams to death which fits Coach Mills personaility better than the spread stuff we have tried to run last year.

Yes forgot about Polly, he is pretty quick too. I say he might get some small amount of carries playing late in the 4th quarters to close out games.