Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why start a thread for every game in KY?
Stardust Wrote:Only if we want posters from that school. I'm not here because my school is a top school in the state or a rocgnizable school to anyone outside of NKY.

I just went through scores with zero posts. We have several that are posted by posters who seem to have a name associated with their school. I appluad them for posting their school after everygame only to get zero hits game after game. That is a person who is not waiting for the score, they are posting it themself, but it is obviously of no interest to anyone else on here. I hope at some point those posters who are going against the grain get rewarded by having someone else share something with them. Is this person in the wrong for posting his school's sport, but getting ZERO replies? I'm reading on here that that is an irelevent score and should not be on here.

But I think we will defend him by saying, it's his school, so posting for your school is OK. Even though no one has an interest in his school's score, it is relevent whether any of us think so or not. So if we take it a step further, we don't want to discourage that member, but let's look at what we are saying in this thread, that member should only post scores that are relevent to everyone.

We can't say only post scores that are of interest can we?

Your not following what I'm saying.

I never once said anyone was in the wrong for posting a score that gets zero hits whether they're from the school or just interested in them. I said:

BlackcatAlum Wrote:If someone wants their school to be discussed then they start the topic, someone else shouldn't have to do it for them. We are an all Kentucky site (BLUEGRASSrivals) and that should be enough of an open invitation for someone from/or interested in Portland Christian (for example) to start a topic on.

I'm not saying that anyone is in the wrong, because we don't have a rule against someone creating a final score thread for every school in the commonwealth. But majority rules that we do not prefer to see every single final score. Maybe a sub-forum for final scores would work, although I'm not a fan of it.

I believe your only reading what your eyes want to see.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Your not following what I'm saying.

I never once said anyone was in the wrong for posting a score that gets zero hits whether they're from the school or just interested in them. I said:

I believe your only reading what your eyes want to see.

Lol, BCA, I think you missed my comment as well. My comments were not directed to you, as I have said in the thread, I'm reaching out to everyone on here who has posted in this thread to comment. My reply when saying "I'm reading on here that that is an irelevent score and should not be on here." was not directed to any individual, to to each and everyone of us.

You and I are more in line that what you think I am saying. I'm not questioning you, I'm asking questions to get everyone's input, not just yours. :Thumbs:
I hate you Dusty!

:biggrin:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I hate you Dusty!

:biggrin:

GET IN LINE!!!! :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Lol, BCA, I think you missed my comment as well. My comments were not directed to you, as I have said in the thread, I'm reaching out to everyone on here who has posted in this thread to comment. My reply when saying "I'm reading on here that that is an irelevent score and should not be on here." was not directed to any individual, to to each and everyone of us.

You and I are more in line that what you think I am saying. I'm not questioning you, I'm asking questions to get everyone's input, not just yours. :Thumbs:

Don't take this wrong. The bottomline is the majority doesn't like it and wants the needless posting stopped.
Let me put a bow on this baby, for everyone that has posted in this thread.

From this point on, let's just allow threads (game scores or whatever) for schools and subjects that I am personally interested in.

If a member isn't absolutely certain that I will personally enjoy the subject matter, and that I will post in the thread in question, let's just not start the thread at all.

Now - isn't that a much better way to go about the whole question? We've put it to bed, so let's just move on.

It seems my work is never done ...

Faithfully submitted,
Douglas C. Neidermeyer
Sargeant at Arms
AshamedLCParent Wrote:Don't take this wrong. The bottomline is the majority doesn't like it and wants the needless posting stopped.

I don't take it wrong, and it doesn't hurt my feelings if anyone want's it stopped. Not sure what you mean by needless posting.

1. It's needless because people don't want to see games that are not relevent to them?

2. Has it not been a proven process to has reduced in half the number of posts with no comments, more than Congrats, on all of the same threads that were posted last year at this time?

3. How do we grow the site to make the scores in these threads relevent?

Someone out there step up and show us all how to expand the site and make game scores from all over the state relevent instead of making it about our own discomfort of having to thumb through threads until we find the one we want.
Squid Wrote:Let me put a bow on this baby, for everyone that has posted in this thread.

From this point on, let's just allow threads (game scores or whatever) for schools and subjects that I am personally interested in.

If a member isn't absolutely certain that I will personally enjoy the subject matter, and that I will post in the thread in question, let's just not start the thread at all.

Now - isn't that a much better way to go about the whole question? We've put it to bed, so let's just move on.

Faithfully submitted,
Douglas C. Neidermeyer
Sargeant at Arms

My bad, I posted previously without reading your post to make sure that it was a post you would want to read or not. :biggrin:

:Thumbs:

Can't we all just get along
Stardust Wrote:My bad, I posted previously without reading your post to make sure that it was a post you would want to read or not. :biggrin:

:Thumbs:

Can't we all just get along

No need to worry, Dusty.

I've already posted in this thread, so you know that I am personally interested in it.

Don't give it a second thought.
... on second thought, my interest in this thread is starting to wane ...

Let me ruminate on this for a short time.
^ Lol
Squid Wrote:Let me put a bow on this baby, for everyone that has posted in this thread.

Faithfully submitted,
Douglas C. Neidermeyer
Sargeant at Arms
:lmao: I don't know who this Douglas C. Neidermeyer is... but I like him! :biggrin:
Creeker Wrote::lmao: I don't know who this Douglas C. Neidermeyer is... but I like him! :biggrin:

Animal House?????
Stardust Wrote:Animal House?????
I know... I just joking. :biggrin:
Creeker Wrote:I know... I just joking. :biggrin:

lol, :Thumbs:
For me personally, the posts about the games are fine. I enjoy those. What really is a pet peeve of mine are those posters who will post "Great Win_ __" or "Congrats to _ _ _". Adds absolutely nothing to the conversation and is a blatant attempt to increase the number of posts, IMO. Some do it EVERY GAME! Its especially frustrating when the posts are particularly interesting, and you see there's been a new post; you check it out and its "congrats to Podunk High, or Good win for Podunk High.
My pet peeve is those posters that complains what other people put.^
Benchwarmer Wrote:My pet peeve is those posters that complains what other people put.^

Are you referring to me? Big Grin
Aslan Wrote:Are you referring to me? Big Grin

No. LOL
Benchwarmer Wrote:No. LOL

haha sure sure.
So we're not allowed to post our team's score and we're not allowed to congratulate our team when they win. Sounds to me like a good time to find another sports forum.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:So we're not allowed to post our team's score and we're not allowed to congratulate our team when they win. Sounds to me like a good time to find another sports forum.

No, that's not the case BnG, nobody is saying that at all. The reason this thread was started was not for the intent of those who are supporting their team, I believe to the contrary acutally. I don't think their would be an issue at all if we had members from across the entire state that were all able to contribute something for their team, or even their Region. Even though those threads may still not get views or posts, we would at least have representation, and hopefully the membership in those areas would grow to the point of full blow discussions just like we have now with a few other regions.

It's the chicken or the egg debate right now. Their is belief that we should let those members find us and then begin threads of their interest. And their is a belief that if we post something from their area it may give them something of interest that they would respond to something already there.

It is finding a way to promote to those area's like WKY that have proven difficult, so as some post scores of teams that we really don't know, trying to find that one person who hopefully finds our site and takes to it, we wind up putting scores down that really don't interest others.

We don't know what the best solution is, but we are sure open to suggestions. I am very open to the debate because I want to hear others speak to how we can promote into a new area and grow membership, but no one has even taken a chance to respond to that.

You should not change a single thing that you are doing. That is not the intent of this thread not this site. You are an excellent member that's provides excellent insight, thank you for your support of BGR as well as all who have an argument on both sides of this disussion.
**** people just have fun on this site.
Benchwarmer Wrote:**** people just have fun on this site.

:thumpsup: Wow, It cannot be said any better than that!
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:So we're not allowed to post our team's score and we're not allowed to congratulate our team when they win. Sounds to me like a good time to find another sports forum.

That's not the case at all. Congratulate your team, by all means! But why not do it in person by attending the game? That would seem much more genuine to me, especially if they are "your" team. I seriously doubt coaches, and very few players ever spend much time on sites like this, and if they do I doubt that they know who is congratulating them. Could be wrong, but that's my opinion.
HD28 Wrote:That's not the case at all. Congratulate your team, by all means! But why not do it in person by attending the game? That would seem much more genuine to me, especially if they are "your" team. I seriously doubt coaches, and very few players ever spend much time on sites like this, and if they do I doubt that they know who is congratulating them. Could be wrong, but that's my opinion.
I don't know this for a fact, but I would imagine most coaches frown upon it... a lot BS said on sites like this that could easily get in a players head.
The "congrats" post to me is the most useless. If you have a thread that says Lebron James scores 50, no doubt you'll have 5 or 6 knuckleheads have to post "congrats". Yeah, it's like Lebron really gets on here and reads this stuff. I cant cant figure out why some posters have to feel the need to say "congrats " to 50 different threads every single day.
Knuckleheads that ***** about what other people say is useless to me.
I'll give you one idea on how to generate interest from the regions that are underrepresented here.

At the state tournament this year, go to the games where a given region is playing (say the 1st through 5th regions), and hand out some business cards for the site. Make sure that there is a very nice recap of the game that that region just played, and tell the people that we would appreciate their input from what they saw at the game.

Stress to them that the site is free, and that they have anonymity.

We might only get one or two people that sign up, but then again, you might get quite a few.

Either way, the seed has been planted.
Squid Wrote:I'll give you one idea on how to generate interest from the regions that are underrepresented here.

At the state tournament this year, go to the games where a given region is playing (say the 1st through 5th regions), and hand out some business cards for the site. Make sure that there is a very nice recap of the game that that region just played, and tell the people that we would appreciate their input from what they saw at the game.

Stress to them that the site is free, and that they have anonymity.

We might only get one or two people that sign up, but then again, you might get quite a few.

Either way, the seed has been planted.

Absolutely awesome idea. :Thumbs:Not sure how Rupp will be about soliciting, but it would be a great idea to target the Sweet 16 somehow.

Can we get people to put a flyer over the commode??? :biggrin: