Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Top 25 players in KY
CowboyUp11 Wrote:Like I said he will be a better true point guard in college than D was. Justice might not score 1500 or 1200 in college but I bet he has just as good a career handling the "POINT GUARD" duties. I scored 1800 points as a two guard. I could never handle the ball like Justice. But that's just my point I didn't have to because I had a great point guard. As for you questioning my knowledge on basketball that's a laugh. I've been doing this for 25 years. He doesn't quite shoot the ball the way we did but he does everything else just as good or better.

Perhaps you could shed some light on your and his achievements............Or maybe not. Wouldn't have to name names, the years played and the school would suffice, perhaps throw in a hometown for one or both of you. I agree that Justice is a good player and an excellent ball player..........Just sick to death of him being overhyped.
I think he may have led the state in scoring in 1992 maybe second. He played in the 10th I played in the 12th. I was third in the state in scoring. I think he was first team all KIAC all four years and I was a three time first team KIAC. So I know what it takes to play at high level in that division. Doesn't matter what we did though. I'm just saying this kid will play D1 and if people cannot see that then it comes from jealousy or stupidity.
CowboyUp11 Wrote:I think he may have led the state in scoring in 1992 maybe second. He played in the 10th I played in the 12th. I was third in the state in scoring. I think he was first team all KIAC all four years and I was a three time first team KIAC. So I know what it takes to play at high level in that division. Doesn't matter what we did though. I'm just saying this kid will play D1 and if people cannot see that then it comes from jealousy or stupidity.

I don't think anyone has said the kid won't play D1. I think the majority of us are in agreement that he will.

He just won't play as high as some on here say he will and he doesn't have the ability to play ANYWHERE in the country like a lot of the biased posters on here say as well.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I don't think anyone has said the kid won't play D1. I think the majority of us are in agreement that he will.

He just won't play as high as some on here say he will and he doesn't have the ability to play ANYWHERE in the country like a lot of the biased posters on here say as well.

I would really like you to point out a true Valley poster on here who has said he will go anywhere he wants. You said biased, the only biased people on this subject would be Valley fans. Let's see where a Valley poster said he will go ANYWHERE.
The most biased poster on the subject is letthebighogroot. I believe every post he has ever put on this board has some type of negative comment against Shelby Valley and their players.
If anyone has any doubts about this statement, please just look at his history of his posts.
I have read posts of his in a topic that is not related to Shelby valley and/or their players and he finds a way to bring up Valley and take a shot at them.
I'm sure everyone loves their team, and loves their players, and that's just fine; but I believe this individual has an outright hatred for Shelby Valley, which has been proven by his past posts.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I don't think anyone has said the kid won't play D1. I think the majority of us are in agreement that he will.

I never said he could play anywhere he wanted. I'm just saying he can play D1. The difference between D1 and NAIA is size and quickness. I might even go to the edge and say shooters might even be better at the NAIA level because they have to rely on that more than size and quickness. He sure has the quickness and basketball savy as a point guard. We also knocked off a D1 school when I played at the NAIA level because of shooting and basketball savy.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I would really like you to point out a true Valley poster on here who has said he will go anywhere he wants. You said biased, the only biased people on this subject would be Valley fans. Let's see where a Valley poster said he will go ANYWHERE.

Go to the "Jacksonville offer Justice" thread...you'll see several posts where people say that he could play ANYWHERE in the country because of his work ethic, heart, determination, etc.

It's people like that who make fans dislike Valley because they aren't being reasonable.
letthebighogroot Wrote:I agree that most ppl hope for the best for Mr. Justice. As for the ridicoulos hype.....................NO, it's mostly from valley fans like yourself! Maybe u just need to man up and admit that the rest of the state isn't on EJ's N*ts like yourself and some of the other valley faithful!

Nice colorful language there. :flush:

Since you mentioned wanting me to "man up", how about you do the same? Find one post of mine on here where I have overhyped Elisha Justice. You won't find it.

On the other hand, I bet I could find numerous posts of yours running down either Elisha Justice or the SV team as a whole. Ever heard of a vendetta?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hondo Wrote:the most biased poster on the subject is letthebighogroot. I believe every post he has ever put on this board has some type of negative comment against shelby valley and their players.
If anyone has any doubts about this statement, please just look at his history of his posts.
I have read posts of his in a topic that is not related to shelby valley and/or their players and he finds a way to bring up valley and take a shot at them.
I'm sure everyone loves their team, and loves their players, and that's just fine; but i believe this individual has an outright hatred for shelby valley, which has been proven by his past posts.

bingo! :1:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kywldcat01 Wrote:Go to the "Jacksonville offer Justice" thread...you'll see several posts where people say that he could play ANYWHERE in the country because of his work ethic, heart, determination, etc.

It's people like that who make fans dislike Valley because they aren't being reasonable.

Are you sure any of those people on there are established members of the site and are known by people on here as Valley fans? Or could they be people who have joined the site to give the "omg this player is so awesome" vibe?
PC_You_Know Wrote:Are you sure any of those people on there are established members of the site and are known by people on here as Valley fans? Or could they be people who have joined the site to give the "omg this player is so awesome" vibe?

What does that have to do with anything? My point is...some fans on this site overhype the kid and get too defensive when someone says he isn't as great as they think. I have no problem saying he could play at the D1 level...from my evaluations of him, he most certainly could at a low major or one of the smaller mid majors.

But when people start saying he could play high major ball and anywhere he wants, that's when they're taking it a bit far.
CowboyUp11 Wrote:I never said he could play anywhere he wanted. I'm just saying he can play D1. The difference between D1 and NAIA is size and quickness. I might even go to the edge and say shooters might even be better at the NAIA level because they have to rely on that more than size and quickness. He sure has the quickness and basketball savy as a point guard. We also knocked off a D1 school when I played at the NAIA level because of shooting and basketball savy.

I wouldn't say NAIA has better shooters. If they were that good, a D1 squad would pick them up. On average, D1 players are simply bigger, stronger and faster than NAIA players. The biggest difference IMO is the NAIA teams/players seem to be more fundamentally sound because they can't always rely on their talent or athleticism against the competition.
kywldcat01 Wrote:What does that have to do with anything? My point is...some fans on this site overhype the kid and get too defensive when someone says he isn't as great as they think. I have no problem saying he could play at the D1 level...from my evaluations of him, he most certainly could at a low major or one of the smaller mid majors.

But when people start saying he could play high major ball and anywhere he wants, that's when they're taking it a bit far.

That's a very reasonable response.

Some people are blowing a lot of bias smoke, but that's mostly because none see much, if any, division 1 talent. But of course people are going to get very defensive when you talk about their team. Its very understandable, but their are also a lot on this site that do not think that he is as good as other websites and newspapers say he is. But as we all know that's life.

Elisha Justice will play college basketball and get a free education at a division 1 leveled school whether some would like to admit it or not.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That's a very reasonable response.

Some people are blowing a lot of bias smoke, but that's mostly because none see much, if any, division 1 talent. But of course people are going to get very defensive when you talk about their team. Its very understandable, but their are also a lot on this site that do not think that he is as good as other websites and newspapers say he is. But as we all know that's life.

Elisha Justice will play college basketball and get a free education at a division 1 leveled school whether some would like to admit it or not.

Agree with all parts. :Thumbs:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That's a very reasonable response.

I don't see how it could be made any more clear to people. He has a D-1 offer already and that surely won't be the only one.
Bryton taylor of campbellsvile might be the most underrated player in all the state.This is probably because he decides not to play aau ball.But he was named the all star touney game mvp at the blue chip camp session 1.No doubt a D-1 caliber player
hooperman Wrote:What? No Jarrod Polson! You've got to be kidding.

I agree with you about Polson, he should be in the top 20 best players for sure.
I guess being in the 12th region kind of hurts a kid like Jarrod Polson from a state respect standpoint. If he played at a bigger name school in Lexington or elsewhere he would be in everyone's top 5. I think he has proven what he can do as a top point guard. Maybe this year he will get some publicity outside of Jessamine County.
eaglefan1991 Wrote:Bryton taylor of campbellsvile might be the most underrated player in all the state.This is probably because he decides not to play aau ball.But he was named the all star touney game mvp at the blue chip camp session 1.No doubt a D-1 caliber player

I've never even heard of this kid....I don't want to comment on his ability but being named MVP of an all star game doesn't make you D1 caliber...
Well taylor was just chosen to play in the 5th/6th vs. 7th/8th all star game in louisville.Check him out and see how he plays against the best players from the best region in the state(7th region).
eaglefan1991 Wrote:Well taylor was just chosen to play in the 5th/6th vs. 7th/8th all star game in louisville.Check him out and see how he plays against the best players from the best region in the state(7th region).

From looking at Campbellsville's schedule, they didn't exactly play very many tough teams. The 5th region isn't a weak region, but it's not one of the tougher ones and outside of Ballou, Macon, King, and Greg Johnson, there weren't too many stand out players.

I'd also say that the 7th being the best region in the state is debatable. 7th is hands down the most athletic region in the state but the 11th has just as many solid teams and players.

Why doesn't this kid play AAU ball? It's much easier to shine in high school ball than AAU ball. AAU ball is where kids receive the majority of their attention and hype.
I dont why he doesnt play aau but theres a load of d2 schools after him.
eaglefan1991 Wrote:I dont why he doesnt play aau but theres a load of d2 schools after him.

Being a D2 prospect doesn't exactly make him underrated or one of the top players in the C/O 2010.

This coming year, us fans will see one of the deepest classes in KY history. Several scouting services have said there are atleast 20 kids who will play at the D1 level somewhere and that was before players like Curtis Washington of E-Town emerged in to a big time prospect. (USC commit) As of right now, from the evaluations I've read and the players I've seen in person, the following kids will play D1 ball:

Ricardo Johnson- Holmes
Elijah Pittman- Holmes
Jeremiah Johnson- Holmes
Chad Jackson- Scott Co
Ge'Lawn Guyn- Scott Co
Dakotah Euton- Scott Co
Donovan Gibbs- Iroquois
Curtin- Washington- Elizabethtown
Delquan Thomas- Eastern
Thomas Jackson- Jeffersontown
Alexander Nikolic- Manual
Josh Sewell- Trinity
Keistan Jones- Ballard
Ian Chiles- Ballard
Elisha Justice- Shelby Valley
Shaquille Wilson- Christian Co
Orlando Rutledge- Fern Creek
Jomari Bradshaw- Waggener
Deonta Maddox- Seneca
Quintrel Morris- Fairdale
Tim Henderson- Christian Academy
Donovan Johnson- Shelby County

I could probably name a few more players, but you get the point...this class is absolutely loaded and all are playing at a high level over the summer on the AAU circuit which is helping them receive D1 interest.

I'm sure the kid from C'ville is a nice player, but he needs to prove it against the likes of the players on the list above before he can be considered in the same group as them.
Last season cville beat waggener and he outshined the bradshaw kid and dominated a louisvlle team.Plus he has played against washington and gibbs and put up better numbers.
eaglefan1991 Wrote:Last season cville beat waggener and he outshined the bradshaw kid and dominated a louisvlle team.Plus he has played against washington and gibbs and put up better numbers.

You ask any college scout or coach and they'll tell you it's not all about the stats you put up. See Blake Bryan of Villa Madonna. The kid led the state in scoring last season as a junior (29 ppg) but currently has no interest from D1, D2, or D3 schools. It's easy to put up big numbers when you play on a team that isn't very good.

Also, I've did a little research and Taylor wasn't even a top 10 player in his own REGION this past season...but now he's one of the best players in the state?

Sure C'ville beat Waggener, but you failed to mention the kid that Taylor guarded (Sloan) dropped 35 that game. Also, Taylor is 6'2 and Bradshaw is 6'6...I doubt very seriously Taylor would've been matched up with him.

When did he play against Washington and Gibbs? C'ville didn't play E'town or Iroquois this past season and if they did meet the year prior, he wouldn't have guarded Gibbs (6'7) or Washington (6'9) so the putting up better numbers argument holds little water considering they weren't matched up against one another.
eaglefan1991 Wrote:I dont why he doesnt play aau but theres a load of d2 schools after him.

What D2 schools are after him. There are only four in KY.
NKU
Bellarmine
KY Wesleyan
KY State
I dont have a list yet but ill be sure to let u guys know
eaglefan1991 Wrote:I dont have a list yet but ill be sure to let u guys know

Are you sure about all of this eaglefan? :biggrin:
Hondo Wrote:The most biased poster on the subject is letthebighogroot. I believe every post he has ever put on this board has some type of negative comment against Shelby Valley and their players.
I have read posts of his in a topic that is not related to Shelby valley and/or their players and he finds a way to bring up Valley and take a shot at them.
I'm sure everyone loves their team, and loves their players, and that's just fine; but I believe this individual has an outright hatred for Shelby Valley, which has been proven by his past posts.

Sorry Hondo, but I have no reason to hate Valley or any of their players. I do however enjoy taking shots at most of the Valley fans on here, many of who, if you read thier posts haven't the foggiest idea of what it takes to play high level D1 basketball, and anyone that either isn't sick of the bragging or unwarranted hype, is amused by it.......................Bank it. Everyone that is, except for the valley fans.
The bottom line is this.....the class of 2010 is absolutely loaded with D1 talent whether the team you support is from EKY, NKY, Louisville, Lexington, or Western Kentucky.

Regardless of what level D1 they play at, from my list above, you can see that there are ATLEAST 20 kids that will play at a D1 program after the 2009/2010 season.