•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley will Start Interviews 6/9
When will a press conference be held to introduce Lee?
Does anyone have a clue if this is a done deal? I don't think Saunders recommended this fellow as he thought Mark Palmer was the best fit for this team. When will this be announced? Does anyone in this area know what type of person he is or if he has any connections to anyone around here?
As far as I can remember, I have never used politics to get a coaching job. I just think that it is pretty sad to be judged already by the majority. I should only hope that if I do get the job, the majority would get their heads on straight for the sake of the boys. That is one thing that hurts many programs is people getting upset because their MAN was not hired. The program needs someone to bring the community back into the program. There is where your support will come from. I haven't heard anything since my interview. I am sure that they will try to choose the best candidate for the job. If it is not me, the so be it. I just don't like when other ppl not saying you did it FBP, get on here and mudsling against me or any othe r coach applying for the job. That is what makes it political.
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:Coach B- FYI I am glad to hear you do not plan on using politics this time. If what BIGMAN 77 is true we may not have any worries about any of the locals mistakingly being given the job. But thanks for your private message informing me that you do not intend to use politics. That is good to hear. As you may or may not have seen in my prev posts although the majority did not want you as Coach there at least has been no negative accusations against you as most think you are a good person.
My post regarding glad to hear that you are not using politics this time was in response to your private post stating that you did not plan to. I think if you will look back on my previous posts it was in hopes that neither of the two mentioned or anyone for that matter would use politics and be hired based on that. My previous post also states folks in this area regard you as a good person. This past season at SV seemed to have a very positive and support of the community. There were several folks from the community that traveled to some of the farthest away games to support the team. SV was well represented at every game. I do not mudsling nor have I brought in personal accusations as others have done verbally in the community. I only stated my opinion in what I felt and heard the community, parents and players agreed upon. I have every confidence a good decision will be made on behalf of the team. Getting on this forum posting opinions and replies is in no way a political rally and I don't see where you get that. As we all know, most of the time we find rumors about assignments/hiring that is not true. It is all in fun and hobby and I in particular never had a mudsling opinion against you. The most I seen you did last season wrong was when you turned your back from the boys and quit when you were in a contract as an assistant. There has of course been rumors of why and that is not important as the players only "know" that you walked away from a contract to assist them. As far as my MAN not getting the position - well I actually had three choices I think would have been the best fit and I def know that two of the three didnt apply and hear the other backed out. That again is my opinion. As far as support my child has several more years to come to and attend SV and unless it becomes unbearable for more reasons than just football I will support whatever avenues he chooses to be part of.
good luck coach lee.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
What is going on at SV? Have they made a hire yet? Getting late in the season. Would have thought they would make an annoucement by now.
CoachB Wrote:As far as I can remember, I have never used politics to get a coaching job. I just think that it is pretty sad to be judged already by the majority. I should only hope that if I do get the job, the majority would get their heads on straight for the sake of the boys. That is one thing that hurts many programs is people getting upset because their MAN was not hired. The program needs someone to bring the community back into the program. There is where your support will come from. I haven't heard anything since my interview. I am sure that they will try to choose the best candidate for the job. If it is not me, the so be it. I just don't like when other ppl not saying you did it FBP, get on here and mudsling against me or any othe r coach applying for the job. That is what makes it political.

Coaches should take the high road and not post on a message board...:yikes:
Give a coach a chance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Chuck Taylor Wrote:Coaches should take the high road and not post on a message board...:yikes:

I agree, especially to pump themselves up.
So rumor is Valley is once again looking.
After the interviews, no one has accepted or been offered?
not good need to get someone in there
I was informed via email from someone close to the situation that 3 have been offered and those 3 have said "thanks, but no thanks."

1. Bath Co's coach, Reed Fields (would have been a great pick up for SV)
2. A louisville H.S. coach with some up and coming sons (didn't know the coach or school they were talking about)
3. A Virginia H.S. coach (Lee was the name.)

Sounds like they want to go outside, but can't get any to bite.
What are they going to do? Seems to me they need to just move a assistant up to head coach. The season starts in two and a half weeks. What are they waiting on?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I totally agree. I think Michael should go ahead and submit an application. They should allow him to hire 2 assistants of his own....and the program will be fine. He has a lot of support. The boys have OBVIOUS respect for him.
HollaBack Wrote:I was informed via email from someone close to the situation that 3 have been offered and those 3 have said "thanks, but no thanks."

1. Bath Co's coach, Reed Fields (would have been a great pick up for SV)
2. A louisville H.S. coach with some up and coming sons (didn't know the coach or school they were talking about)
3. A Virginia H.S. coach (Lee was the name.)

Sounds like they want to go outside, but can't get any to bite.

Why would these guys even go through the interview process if they did not anticipate accepting the job when offered? Why waste everyone's time? If you don't want a job when offered don't interview!Confusedhh:
i have heard from multiple sources that anthony hampton will be the new head coach at shelby valley!
Maybe they cut the football coachs salary so they could put more into the bball program? Sad, but probably true. They need a head coach and they need him now.
Good question, I too wonder why any coach would go to an interview and then not accept the position if offered to them. Why not say I am not interested if contacted and I do not want to waste anyones time. I would think that would be the best thing to do. Unless they get to the interview go through it and do not like what the offer is. I just cannot imagine what the problem is that we cannot get a coach here.
EOE Wrote:Maybe they cut the football coachs salary so they could put more into the bball program? Sad, but probably true. They need a head coach and they need him now.

probaly what it is
EOE Wrote:Maybe they cut the football coachs salary so they could put more into the bball program? Sad, but probably true. They need a head coach and they need him now.
You might be on to something. Thats been known to happen in the past up there. A certain legendary B-ball coach from that area was for years a paid assistant football coach although all he did was run the concession stand on friday night LOL!
valley blue Wrote:Why would these guys even go through the interview process if they did not anticipate accepting the job when offered? Why waste everyone's time? If you don't want a job when offered don't interview!Confusedhh:

I'm sure they were interested in the job, just not willing to accept under ANY conditions. Most coaches have a lot of questions as well as answers during an interview. If they don't like what they hear about the job, they'll move on. No doubt the SV job is a tough one and it's gonna take a special committment from the administrators, BOE and community to get/keep a decent coach. Good luck!
When do they plan to announce Hampton as the new coach?
mandan Wrote:I'm sure they were interested in the job, just not willing to accept under ANY conditions. Most coaches have a lot of questions as well as answers during an interview. If they don't like what they hear about the job, they'll move on. No doubt the SV job is a tough one and it's gonna take a special committment from the administrators, BOE and community to get/keep a decent coach. Good luck!

There are conditions with any job you take. Normally you research a job before the interview. Not so hard to find salary and benefits of a job especially with a teaching/coaching job. I know for sure it was turned down by one coach but I am no so sure it was even offered to the other two. I don't think there was enough time to make three offers and have three rejections. At this point the job should be offered to the one person who has stood by the school and team through the whole process and that man is Mike Roberts. I just don't have confidence in some of the other local candidates mentioned here.
I totally agree. I am really concerned about the team.
I would say you are exactly right valley blue. I have heard some of the same. Most coaches do I am sure research before hand or at least I would think so.
Question is does Micheal Roberts even want the job as head coach? How does he feel about it? I agree he has been there and he knows what is going on. He has put in so much time and effort. He has coached under Saunders and it may be too late in the season to begin a different type coaching strategy along with a whole transformation of a coach.
Anyone getting the feeling that whomever gets this job may be a (LAME DUCK ) in one or two seasons? Has Valley finalized their schedule, if so looks like it could be a good yr for the new coach????
The schedule remains the same. The last we heard the site base and the principal intend to submit Eric Ratliff. Unfortunately this may have been the plan from the beginning. As most can remember quite some time ago in the threads it was mentioned that Valley would take Eric Ratliff as head coach in order for the Board to allow Whitaker and his son to come to Valley to enhance the bball team. This is a ridiculous political scandal. I am sure if this comes to pass KHSAA will become very much aware and involved. Apparently some of the parents has spoken to someone and there will be a site based meeting on Friday and they are going to allow parents to speak prior to going into exec session to hire. I have also heard that parents have researched and become very well informed of the steps to challenge the decision of the site based council and plan to do so if they hire Eric Ratliff. I would encourage anyone with an interest in SV Football to attend the meeting and support the parents and team to ensure this team gets a quality coach. Rumor has it Roberts did not apply in the beginning but has a true and vested interest in accepting the position if the parents/principal/site based would like to entertain his interest and ultimately do what is best for this team.

If anyone knows the time of the site based meeting and location please post on here so that all interested parties can attend.
I pity Eric Ratliff if he is the one chosen and hired. The majority of the parents and players do not want him in the program. It will be more of a challenging year for him than he can imagine. It will be an all out riot. Several players have stated they will not play for him but will move to another school. I have heard coaches before make the statement that is fine if they don't want to play for me let them go....well when you are losing 5 or 6 of the starters you will def be the one eating crow.

It will be interesting to watch how this plays out because it will definitely hit the newspapers and TV if this plays out with the political plan stated months ago.
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:The schedule remains the same. The last we heard the site base and the principal intend to submit Eric Ratliff. Unfortunately this may have been the plan from the beginning. As most can remember quite some time ago in the threads it was mentioned that Valley would take Eric Ratliff as head coach in order for the Board to allow Whitaker and his son to come to Valley to enhance the bball team. This is a ridiculous political scandal. I am sure if this comes to pass KHSAA will become very much aware and involved. Apparently some of the parents has spoken to someone and there will be a site based meeting on Friday and they are going to allow parents to speak prior to going into exec session to hire. I have also heard that parents have researched and become very well informed of the steps to challenge the decision of the site based council and plan to do so if they hire Eric Ratliff. I would encourage anyone with an interest in SV Football to attend the meeting and support the parents and team to ensure this team gets a quality coach. Rumor has it Roberts did not apply in the beginning but has a true and vested interest in accepting the position if the parents/principal/site based would like to entertain his interest and ultimately do what is best for this team.

If anyone knows the time of the site based meeting and location please post on here so that all interested parties can attend.

Sorry, I don't think this was the plan from the beginning, otherwise the job would not have been offered to someone else and I do know for a fact that it was offered and rejected by at least one person. I think it has gotten to the point that someone has to be hired and be hired soon in or the team is going to suffer. If Eric Ratliff is the new coach the boosters and fans need to get behind him and support him just as they do no matter who is hired.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next