Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elisha Justice: Major D-1?
PC_You_Know Wrote:Pelphrey has supposedly shown the most interest. He knows what kind of talent is in Eastern Kentucky and I'm sure if he wanted to know how good Elisha is he could ask BMR, which, I'm sure BMR has more than likely already talked to Pelphrey about Elisha and that's what got Pelphrey interested in the first place.

Possible! I'd like to see Pelphrey at UK instead of BG!!!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Possible! I'd like to see Pelphrey at UK instead of BG!!!

Pelphrey deserves the opportunity some time in his life.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Possible! I'd like to see Pelphrey at UK instead of BG!!!

Pelphrey wasn't ready at the time to take over at UK...
I watched him play when he was a freshman.. he was about 5'6" then.. I wouldnt say he would play d1 calathes is a foot taller than him.. unless he could shoot like devon downey
Elisha Justice will be a major D1 recruit by the end of next year. I think he is now, but ppl dont realize he still has the rest of this year AND next year to impress ppl. He is at least 5'11 now, which isn't much smaller than most college PG's. I hope Elisha ends up at a SEC or ACC school, but not Duke or UK.
I like how he controls both end's of the court.
No.
I think he can play D-1. Only time will tell, good luck to Elisha and keep working hard and good things will happen!!
IMO he will go d1, I don't think his height will be a factor at all. He's big enought to get the job done on the court, he's got heart, a decent shot, and he's one of the best ball handlers I've ever seen at the high school level
zulu Wrote:Ford could shoot the 3 Justice can't. He will be lucky to play naia

Post this foolish make me want to laugh. Where do you reside ZULU Land?:ChairHit:
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:Come on guys have we not already been over this. Size is a very small factor when it comes to playing PG....Elisha is listed as 5'11, guess who else is listed as 5'11....Ty Lawson.

Listen, if I had to choose between a 6'3 average talent player or a 5'11 great talent, I would take the great talent every time.

Elisha is a great ball handler who has a nice shot.

IMO he does not need to show he can shoot the 3 on a regular basis because a lot of PG's do not shoot a ton of 3's.

As long as he doesn't suffer any sort of major injury he will be D-1. I wish him nothing but the best!

wow, elisha is a heck of a player but did you just compare him to ty lawson......do you have any idea what kind of level that is he plays on......allen iverson is 5'11 too.......to make it big at that size you have to be so much better than everyone else its crazy
MonsterMan Wrote:Justice is a great kid and player. There are alot of players on the D-1 level that can do what he does and are bigger, faster and can jump higher, just plain fact.

Landon Slone has proven you can play at the D-1 level if you work hard, I think Justice has this same kind of ethic/

but there asking if he can sign a big time D1 LOI not walk on
Commanche Wrote:Post this foolish make me want to laugh. Where do you reside ZULU Land?:ChairHit:

We will see who's laughing in about a year or so. I reside on the planet Zulu. We have people on my planet who see things for what they are (non biased views) unlike you Dortonites. I just can't believe you people are putting this kid through this. It's not fare to him to even think that he's at that level. He isn't even close to playing major D1 basketball. Like I have said before, D2 at best and more than likely NAIA. He is just to small and doesn't shoot the ball well enough to playe at that level. Go watch a good NAIA game. He would struggle to play at that level. You folks for some reason can't understand the athletism it takes to play major college bb. Look at Matt Walls from Scott Co, Ty Profitt from South Lauel just a couple 6' 3" guards that couldn't make it at major D1 level. Profitt went to ND and has now tranfered to Morehead. Walls went to Marshall and now transfered to Georgtown College, both of these players were much better than Justice. Get a grip people and quit feeding this players head with crap.
zulu Wrote:We will see who's laughing in about a year or so. I reside on the planet Zulu. We have people on my planet who see things for what they are (non biased views) unlike you Dortonites. I just can't believe you people are putting this kid through this. It's not fare to him to even think that he's at that level. He isn't even close to playing major D1 basketball. Like I have said before, D2 at best and more than likely NAIA. He is just to small and doesn't shoot the ball well enough to playe at that level. Go watch a good NAIA game. He would struggle to play at that level. You folks for some reason can't understand the athletism it takes to play major college bb. Look at Matt Walls from Scott Co, Ty Profitt from South Lauel just a couple 6' 3" guards that couldn't make it at major D1 level. Profitt went to ND and has now tranfered to Morehead. Walls went to Marshall and now transfered to Georgtown College, both of these players were much better than Justice. Get a grip people and quit feeding this players head with crap.

Can you call up John Pelphrey and recite this to him please, cause I guess he's just filling Elisha's head with this too.
Absolutely this kid is D1, he is better than any guard @ Uk now imo.
Just weighing in. There are several tiers of 'D1'. Justice will likely fit in at one of these tiers, and fortunately he has another year to grow, get stronger, and convince the coaches that he has what it takes.

I doubt that his recent play in the All A will be enough, but with a good showing at Rupp and another year to showcase his talent, then who knows? He certainly has a lot of potential and I wish him the best.
kybaseball Wrote:I bet they all can dunk easily and are stronger and faster as well.Wink No knock though he is still a jr and has more time to mature physicaly
Is dunking anything more than 2 points?

He will be D-1 somewhere.
diaperdandy Wrote:wow, elisha is a heck of a player but did you just compare him to ty lawson......do you have any idea what kind of level that is he plays on......allen iverson is 5'11 too.......to make it big at that size you have to be so much better than everyone else its crazy

Hmmm I figured you would have actually read my post before you made a comment on it...I compared their sizes, and how they still make it work. Not once did I compare their shots, quickness, etc....Check the comment before you post next time!
To me the key for him is to attend any elite camp he is invited to next summer and join up with someone and play on the national AAU scene. SEC coaches will want to see him against equal or better competition and I think he can handle it.
zulu Wrote:We will see who's laughing in about a year or so. I reside on the planet Zulu. We have people on my planet who see things for what they are (non biased views) unlike you Dortonites. I just can't believe you people are putting this kid through this. It's not fare to him to even think that he's at that level. He isn't even close to playing major D1 basketball. Like I have said before, D2 at best and more than likely NAIA. He is just to small and doesn't shoot the ball well enough to playe at that level. Go watch a good NAIA game. He would struggle to play at that level. You folks for some reason can't understand the athletism it takes to play major college bb. Look at Matt Walls from Scott Co, Ty Profitt from South Lauel just a couple 6' 3" guards that couldn't make it at major D1 level. Profitt went to ND and has now tranfered to Morehead. Walls went to Marshall and now transfered to Georgtown College, both of these players were much better than Justice. Get a grip people and quit feeding this players head with crap.

Good thing you're not a coach of any sport because I'd hate for you to have to give me a motivational speech. It seems you have some sort of resentment against Elisha or on yourself for not making it to the next level in a sport. Ty Profitt left because he didn't get to play at ND, not because he couldn't. There were simply better players on that team. No one told Ty to quit and give up at ND and transfer to Morehead, so your comment on that makes no sense whatsoever.
kybaseball Wrote:Yeah but look at who they are.Wink

whats your point you got to be from somewhere else or something.... GOOD LUCK ELISHA AND DONT PAY ANY ATTENTION TO NEGAATIVE COMMENTS LIKE THIS ONE
Homer Simpson Wrote:I watched him play when he was a freshman.. he was about 5'6" then.. I wouldnt say he would play d1 calathes is a foot taller than him.. unless he could shoot like devon downey

well he couldnt hurt kentukcy lol I mean he is better than porter he shoots the balll... now to your devon downey how about fortson, lawson, bocht (miss st), levance fiellds, stokes (georgia last year),Mcgee, dee brown few years ago, so galathes is good but it doesnt mean he cant play becasue he isnt a foot taller does it..... I mean the top ten teams in the nation how many are over 6'2'' any way and the reason the cats are 5-3 in conference play is becasue smaller guards I think so dont understand
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:Hmmm I figured you would have actually read my post before you made a comment on it...I compared their sizes, and how they still make it work. Not once did I compare their shots, quickness, etc....Check the comment before you post next time!

ok then put it that way, and i will read the post and say......there are thousands of players that are 5'11 and are good players and make it work....this point is totally invalid. i am saying to be at a program like that at that size you better be one heck of a player and a lot of people around here don't understand how good that is......every year there is stuff about this and some kid signing big D1, it just doesn't happen, although i do think elisha has the best chance of anyone from east ky. right now with his smarts, quickness, and the way he handles the ball. i hope he goes big and makes a name for himself
Elisha Justice is not a MAJOR D-1
I believe Mid-Major. No SEC,ACC,Big East,Big 10,Big 12
But A-10,C-USA. I wish him the best but size will hurt him. Don't give me the lawson talk. Justice could not come close to beating Lawson. Lawson was that height, but was strong and is still the quickEST player in the land. his skills were good enough for people to overlook his height but if no Major schools have looked at him yet(i guess Fla. like they need a PG), then it most likely won't happen.
mrfootball03 Wrote:No.

D1? yes.

Major D1? No.
the kid is good. no doubt. but size does matter. unless you are just that much better. i mean compare him to some of the great guards in college right now. such as, johnny flynn(cuse),a.j. abrams(texas),tyreke evans(memphis), a.j. price(uconn), sherron collins(kansas), lawson(unc). i mean really, im not taking anything away from the kid, he is good. but think about him matching up with any of those guards. i just dont think he could do it, those guards are all in the 18-21 year old range and they are all head above the rest in the guard department. and i just dont think you can include this kid in with those type of guards. but like i said, not bashing him at all. but unless he grows, builds more muscle, and starts showing some major range, then i dont think he will do a whole lot. eku,morehead, schools like that will be his best bet. jmo though.
Holmes/UKfan Wrote:Elisha Justice is not a MAJOR D-1
I believe Mid-Major. No SEC,ACC,Big East,Big 10,Big 12
But A-10,C-USA. I wish him the best but size will hurt him. Don't give me the lawson talk. Justice could not come close to beating Lawson. Lawson was that height, but was strong and is still the quickEST player in the land. his skills were good enough for people to overlook his height but if no Major schools have looked at him yet(i guess Fla. like they need a PG), then it most likely won't happen.

I don't recall anyone on here saying that Justice could beat Lawson or come close to it. You are reading too much into people's posts.

People are just bringing up examples such as Ty Lawson or Travis Ford to show that a height disadvantage CAN be overcome if you are talented and work hard enough. Justice has both of those attributes going for him, but whether it is enough to play for a major D-1 remains to be determined.

We shall see.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:Is dunking anything more than 2 points?

He will be D-1 somewhere.

NO! But the ability it takes to do it sure is.Wink

D-1?? Possibly a mid major. If it is a bigger school then great for him.
I definately think EJ is D1 material.

Sorry to disappoint but I live nowhere around Dorton or Virgie. My laugh was for your comment about the NAIA. You have no clue obviously, DII is probably not even at a talent level of the NAIA, just a diffent organization. I dont know if Elisha is better than the Walls or Profitt kids, but I think both of them were shooting guards not point guards. Totally different position. Time will tell, but you obviously a very biased opinion against the kid.

Living on Zulu, you probably dont catch a lot of games anyway.