Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 35 - Sheldon Clark 8
ukcatfan88 Wrote:Hager was an embarrassment to his team and fans and should have been thrown out of the game for that show of his. And if he wants to compare no calls......#2 for SC REPEATEDLY hit and punched after the whistle. Once, as he stood up, he grabbed a BHS player's helment and rammed it into the ground. One hand on the front, one on the back and slammed it down like he was breaking a rock. EVERYONE saw it, including the BHS sideline and players and the 3 refs there said nothing. I saw #2 do similar things 3 other times. He is a punk, pure and simple, and he is one reason SC will never succeed. Also heard a SC DB talking smack at the BHS sideline once. You don't see other schools do that stuff and succeed. And going back to something I said on another thread, I did not mean to imply the radio guys said it was a ploy for SC to open their field against BHS. They simply said BHS was the first opponent. IMO, SC set it up that way. Sorry it was taken the wrong way.

He wouldn't have done it for no reason i know #2 very well and he is no punk i guess he just let his emotions get to him being it was his last game of his career.
phs1986 Wrote:Coach Hager being a "former" pirate is exactly why I said god forbid that happen.... I don't think anyone in the pirate nation would have said or done anything negative towards him. At least, I didn't hear anyone....

Well, trust me, where I was sitting there was a bunch that had plenty of negative things to say about him, the SC players and the refs. They were sitting right in front of the pressbox and it was so bad that a Pike Co. deputy came over and stood in front of them because it was getting ugly. I have to say, the most vocal one of the bunch was not someone who looked familiar. I believe this person was just a fan and I don't believe he attended BHS. This makes a difference IMO. It's impossible to really understand what it means to be a Pirate for someone who didn't go to school there and live in the tradition. Shawn did, tho. He knows exactly what the Belfry fans were feeling and thinking. He was only doing his job. I can't believe you would go as far as to defend an entire stadium of people and believe that not one person would say or do anything negative towards him. That is just ridiculous. You can't answer for the entire Belfry nation?? Trust me, I have been a Pirate for many years and I think you will learn, we can be a bit rough at times. TongueirateSho
TeamMom Wrote:Well, trust me, where I was sitting there was a bunch that had plenty of negative things to say about him, the SC players and the refs. They were sitting right in front of the pressbox and it was so bad that a Pike Co. deputy came over and stood in front of them because it was getting ugly. I have to say, the most vocal one of the bunch was not someone who looked familiar. I believe this person was just a fan and I don't believe he attended BHS. This makes a difference IMO. It's impossible to really understand what it means to be a Pirate for someone who didn't go to school there and live in the tradition. Shawn did, tho. He knows exactly what the Belfry fans were feeling and thinking. He was only doing his job. I can't believe you would go as far as to defend an entire stadium of people and believe that not one person would say or do anything negative towards him. That is just ridiculous. You can't answer for the entire Belfry nation?? Trust me, I have been a Pirate for many years and I think you will learn, we can be a bit rough at times. TongueirateSho

First off, I'm not answering for the "entire stadium" or "nation" of people. Since you want to call me out, according to several that I talked to who where IN the pressbox OR at the side of it, there was no deputy that came up there except to talk to some of his family members! I can defend myself as truthfully, I could care less about Mr. Hagers little tirade. I do however think that it could have been handled differently. Everyone paid to get into the game and can have any opinion that they want from my understanding. You have yours, I have mine, and the FANS have theirs..... That's life... its the way it is.... and I think I have learned exactly how rough Belfry can get....... It doesn't bother me... As I am rather "rough" myself!! LOL....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
TeamMom Wrote:Well, trust me, where I was sitting there was a bunch that had plenty of negative things to say about him, the SC players and the refs. They were sitting right in front of the pressbox and it was so bad that a Pike Co. deputy came over and stood in front of them because it was getting ugly. I have to say, the most vocal one of the bunch was not someone who looked familiar. I believe this person was just a fan and I don't believe he attended BHS. This makes a difference IMO. It's impossible to really understand what it means to be a Pirate for someone who didn't go to school there and live in the tradition. Shawn did, tho. He knows exactly what the Belfry fans were feeling and thinking. He was only doing his job. I can't believe you would go as far as to defend an entire stadium of people and believe that not one person would say or do anything negative towards him. That is just ridiculous. You can't answer for the entire Belfry nation?? Trust me, I have been a Pirate for many years and I think you will learn, we can be a bit rough at times. TongueirateSho

You want to talk about pirate class, it looks to me like Coach Hager would have learned some after playing for Coach Haywood and BEING a pirate for so many years as you have said. How many times have you seen Coach Haywood run out on the field (time out or not) and act like that? I can answer it... 0-zero-none! (And coach Rowe dont' count, haha)...

I agree with PHS it could have been handled differently. Shawn is a former pirate who is now a cardinal. His loyal support is to his team not to the pirates. Maybe you should realize that and stop supporting him and dogging the pirate faithful. As you said, they can get rough. LOL
phs1986 Wrote:First off, I'm not answering for the "entire stadium" or "nation" of people. Since you want to call me out, according to several that I talked to who where IN the pressbox OR at the side of it, there was no deputy that came up there except to talk to some of his family members! I can defend myself as truthfully, I could care less about Mr. Hagers little tirade. I do however think that it could have been handled differently. Everyone paid to get into the game and can have any opinion that they want from my understanding. You have yours, I have mine, and the FANS have theirs..... That's life... its the way it is.... and I think I have learned exactly how rough Belfry can get....... It doesn't bother me... As I am rather "rough" myself!! LOL....

You go sister...
BMSPirateMom #11 Wrote:You go sister...

:notworthy Big Grin
Hmmm it seems Shawn Hagers other 2/3 of the playbook didn't matter at all.
yes i agree that #2 was a dirty player, and also #61 was throwing punches at one of our players, i seen it numerous times, also when nathan carroll picked up a fumble and ran towards the sheldon clark sideline a player that wasnt even in the game stepped off the sideline and tackled him,that was just not classy at all. couldn't believe what I was seeing. anyone else agree?
cwallen73 Wrote:yes i agree that #2 was a dirty player, and also #61 was throwing punches at one of our players, i seen it numerous times, also when nathan carroll picked up a fumble and ran towards the sheldon clark sideline a player that wasnt even in the game stepped off the sideline and tackled him,that was just not classy at all. couldn't believe what I was seeing. anyone else agree?

Cwallen i agree that 61 does loose his head quite often but the only thing that 2 did was get a late hit that wasnt called ...but as for on the sideline no player steped in the field of play to takle the ball carrier i was right there the chains were dropped and as soon as our player turned around there was the BHS player there wasnt anything he could have done if he wasnt such a big guy he would have feel too but he didnt it wasnt dirty jus a misunderstanding that i could see from your perspective also but it really wasnt meant by the kid wrong place wrong time
Finally back to ATL, had a great trip with the exception of last night's UK game...now my thoughts from reading this thread:

1. Lets all drop the discussion about the actions of the kids. There were some ugly things going on, but there is no need to point blame at high school kids.

2. This was a no contest. I stated earlier this week Belfry was 5TD's better than SC, they were. All the credit goes to Belfry's line in this one. 3-4 yard surge every play, even with Sheldon Clark stacking all 11 players in the box. Cory Coleman is an absolute monster on both sides of the football and he physically manhandled anyone who came in his way. Gary Hall also played on a different level.

3. Charlie Dotson is perhaps the most underrated Belfry player I can remember. His running/blocking is integral to Belfry's success...but defensively he is simply a fantastic football player. Always makes the right read, tackles sure, pursues well, and has the ability to tak the game over at any time.

4. Sheldon Clark has a lot of young talent, but losing Kelly will really, really hurt this team. With all Belfry loses next year the Cards should b able to contend, but thy will hav to find a running back the calibur of Kelly or Dials to bat Belfry with balance.

5. Corey Charles may be Belfry's best coverage DB.

6. With the above being said Blfry needs to work hard on their CB's this week and hopefully next week. Way too much cushion.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Finally back to ATL, had a great trip with the exception of last night's UK game...now my thoughts from reading this thread:

1. Lets all drop the discussion about the actions of the kids. There were some ugly things going on, but there is no need to point blame at high school kids.

2. This was a no contest. I stated earlier this week Belfry was 5TD's better than SC, they were. All the credit goes to Belfry's line in this one. 3-4 yard surge every play, even with Sheldon Clark stacking all 11 players in the box. Cory Coleman is an absolute monster on both sides of the football and he physically manhandled anyone who came in his way. Gary Hall also played on a different level.

3. Charlie Dotson is perhaps the most underrated Belfry player I can remember. His running/blocking is integral to Belfry's success...but defensively he is simply a fantastic football player. Always makes the right read, tackles sure, pursues well, and has the ability to tak the game over at any time.

4. Sheldon Clark has a lot of young talent, but losing Kelly will really, really hurt this team. With all Belfry loses next year the Cards should b able to contend, but thy will hav to find a running back the calibur of Kelly or Dials to bat Belfry with balance.

5. Corey Charles may be Belfry's best coverage DB.

6. With the above being said Blfry needs to work hard on their CB's this week and hopefully next week. Way too much cushion.

EKU I do agree with you that we are losing some great talent next year. BUT, there is a TON of great talent that will have the off-season to work and improve and take over where they left off. It will be a "work in progress" as it has been all year... also, there is a freshmen out on the field starting... #13.... Several others who will be sophomores who are outstanding ballplayers and some incoming freshman who might get a little playing time. The boys will be ready, willing, and able by the time the PCB comes around next year.... I guess they all just need to work, work, work, work....... LOL.....

IntheZone Wrote:Cwallen i agree that 61 does loose his head quite often but the only thing that 2 did was get a late hit that wasnt called ...but as for on the sideline no player steped in the field of play to takle the ball carrier i was right there the chains were dropped and as soon as our player turned around there was the BHS player there wasnt anything he could have done if he wasnt such a big guy he would have feel too but he didnt it wasnt dirty jus a misunderstanding that i could see from your perspective also but it really wasnt meant by the kid wrong place wrong time

well there was a flag thrown on that paticular play, he was on the sidelines when he hit the kid from belfry. the kid that got hit is a personal friend of mine. But i may be wrong to, the game is over so it is what it is, there's no reason for me to complain i guess.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Gimme a break. Making a noise like that when the other team is trying to run a play, let alone an extra point is unsportsmanlike. It doesn't matter what anyone does on the other side of the field, there is no reason for us to do that. But like I said, I hope it was just a mistake.

As for Hagers tirade, I just see it as coaching. He was trying to fire up his kids. Of course, Belfry fans are going to take exception and get on his case for it, that is part of the deal. I thought he was over the top and a little outrageous, but nothing to be upset about. If anything we can laugh at it because it didn't work.

It was one short blast after they scored. It is about as unsportsmanlike for these teams to leave their starters in against our freshman and JV and get a TD. Put the young guys in, and it will make your team better. I love the horn and hope it stays. I agree with PHA1986, that when they come out on to the field, and TDs and at the end of a game, if you win, are great times to blow the horn. I think it will be a great add to the tradition at BHS. I hope it is around for years to come, and I hope we blow it so much this week the generator explodes.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Asked by who to blow it more? Fans sitting nearby? BHS administration? Coaches? Who? Just curious.

This is one of those things that can be really kind of cool. A novelty that you use when you score or when your team is introduced before the game etc. But its not something you want to overdo because it could quickly become a nuisance. You don't want the horn blower to be one of the memorable parts of the game, he should be just a minimal, but very cool, part of the deal.

And you don't want it to be something that is done at the wrong time and ends up giving you a black eye. Think about the Johnson Central music guy who goes way overboard, even playing music when our QB was under center. That is a similar thing, IMO.

Yes, the JC music right before the play was uncalled for, but the horn blowing was nothing of that nature. Everyone needs to loosen up a little and welcome a new addition to the Pirate craziness. Are we so uptight now since we are a state championship school that we can't have any fun?
Heck yeah Buclover call them out you beat me to the post. I like the horn I wanna push the button next week
hey buclover,if they let 28 run up the middle all night long again i say the horn will explode..
cuppett777 Wrote:hey buclover,if they let 28 run up the middle all night long again i say the horn will explode..

Yep let's hope it's the Belfry 28 (Dotson), running wild, and not the Bobcat 28 (Fugate). BTW, have you ever heard so many people boo when they announced the winner of the "split the pot"? I thought I was Coach Hager or Joe Kinzer for a minute.
bucslover68 Wrote:Yep let's hope it's the Belfry 28 (Dotson), running wild, and not the Bobcat 28 (Fugate). BTW, have you ever heard so many people boo when they announced the winner of the "split the pot"? I thought I was Coach Hager or Joe Kinzer for a minute.

Who won
bucslover68 Wrote:Yep let's hope it's the Belfry 28 (Dotson), running wild, and not the Bobcat 28 (Fugate). BTW, have you ever heard so many people boo when they announced the winner of the "split the pot"? I thought I was Coach Hager or Joe Kinzer for a minute.

i heard joethegreek calling you out on the radio,after that saying he has never been boo that much..i know who both 28 are just didnt put there name,thought i would get in trouble..
BatCat11 Wrote:Who won

It was me baby. 290 dollars was in the pot and I gave 90 of it back to the cheerleaders.
bucslover68 Wrote:It was me baby. 290 dollars was in the pot and I gave 90 of it back to the cheerleaders.

LOL... That was nice Bucs to donate part of your winnings back to the girls.... Thank you for agreeing with me and who knows... I may be able to put a good word in for you all with the horn guru.... you BOTH may be to blow it next week!! LOL....

OH... Update.... Hubby says to tell you that Joe couldn't pack your mike.... LOL.... J/K Joe.... we love you too!!!

if i am there see if he will let me blow it to..
He is gonna have to play nice and share.... HAHA.... I put the call in and see what I can cook up!!! LOL...