Poll: Who won the VP debate?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Biden
46.67%
Palin
53.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who won the VP debate?
basketballwizz Wrote:cbs just said Palin won were did get your info?

Wake up Palin just got DRILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!
all-or-nothing Wrote:It is really irritating to hear and read people complain that Palin did not answer the questions as they were asked. Tell me: when have politicians, on either side of the aisle, answered all questions in a debate straightforwardly. Now, I will concede that it appeared that Palin re-directed more questions than Biden did, but they both are guilty of saying what they wanted to say regardless of the question asked. This is the nature of debates! And, it always has been. One commentator on the Today Show said that her re-direction of the questions could be viewed as evidence of a masterful debator. I voted that Palin won this debate because:
1. She endeared herself to the American people.
2. Those who were going to vote for McCain/Palin are probably now more comfortable with that vote than they were yesterday morning.
3. She handled herself with poise and confidence worthy of a true leader.
4. She demonstrated her strengths in the realm of Energy and made some poignant points that are applicable to the crisis we face right now.
5. And, she got a few digs in on Biden. I feel that, at one point, she insinuated Biden was Obama's puppet when she said McCain had never asked her to check her opinions at the door.

Biden is stronger than Palin in facts and numbers and being able to quickly recall information to prove his points BECAUSE he has been at this awhile. Palin effectively defended herself in that area.

Bottom Line: Biden didn't cause anyone to change his or her vote last night. And, it's very possible that Palin's performance changed a lot of them. Although that's not the commentator's opinions on Fox or CNN, I think you will find it will be America's opinion over the next few days. Therefore, Palin is victorious in this one.

:1: I couldn't have said it better. I concur.
Biden definitely won. Palin only answered the questions that she was told to answer. She kept saying that we can't look back, but the whole point was that McCAIN HAS VOTED WITH PRESIDENT BUSH 90% OF THE TIME. That doesn't sound like the "Maverick" we have heard so much about. I agree that we must look forward, but we must not forget the past or what caused the problems or we will repeat the same mistakes. Biden hammered McCain and Palin didn't embarrass herself.
sportsfan1 Wrote:Biden definitely won. Palin only answered the questions that she was told to answer. She kept saying that we can't look back, but the whole point was that McCAIN HAS VOTED WITH PRESIDENT BUSH 90% OF THE TIME. That doesn't sound like the "Maverick" we have heard so much about. I agree that we must look forward, but we must not forget the past or what caused the problems or we will repeat the same mistakes. Biden hammered McCain and Palin didn't embarrass herself.

That should say that the point was that McCain is a lot like the current administration (he has voted with President Bush 90% of the time).
Palin won. Rove identified 10 outright lies Biden told and 6 other "facts" according to Biden that could be argued. And for those who cite CBS, ABC or NBC, I guess you still believe in the Easter Bunny...

Drudge Report...check out the poll...
http://www.drudgereport.com/
You can go to CNN and read exactly what they said via the debate's transcript.

Palin sidesteped so many questions that I thought she was going to dance. She did however look better last night than she did with her interview with Katie Couric.

Biden, even according the the analysits at CNN and FOX said, won the debate.

Fact is she is not ready to be in that high of a position. If McCain's cancer was to comeback and take him then she would be our Commander in Chief. I can not believe that intelligent people in this country will let that happen.
jetpilot Wrote:Palin won. Rove identified 10 outright lies Biden told and 6 other "facts" according to Biden that could be argued. And for those who cite CBS, ABC or NBC, I guess you still believe in the Easter Bunny...

Drudge Report...check out the poll...
http://www.drudgereport.com/

Oh, well then, if Karl Rove and Matt Drudge thought Palin won, geez, that must settle everything. Apparently, you have colored eggs clouding your "I've got proof" mechanism.
Amun-Ra Wrote:You can go to CNN and read exactly what they said via the debate's transcript.

Palin sidesteped so many questions that I thought she was going to dance. She did however look better last night than she did with her interview with Katie Couric.

Fact is she is not ready to be in that high of a position. If McCain's cancer was to comeback and take him then she would be our Commander in Chief. I can not believe that intelligent people in this country will let that happen.

None of the Fox analysts said Biden won. And Palin has more experience that the guy Dems want to be our Commander in Chief. But like you said, it won't be the intelligent people in this country letting that happen.
jetpilot Wrote:None of the Fox analysts said Biden won. And Palin has more experience that the guy Dems want to be our Commander in Chief. But like you said, it won't be the intelligent people in this country letting that happen.

Are you suggesting that intelligent people will vote for McCain and Palin, but those who don't lack it? What, are you eight? Did you have a Democrat classmate in third grade who knew his multiplication tables better than you?
thecavemaster Wrote: Did you have a Democrat classmate in third grade who knew his multiplication tables better than you?

No.
jetpilot Wrote:No.

Good to hear it. So, if you know that 2 x 2 = 4, then you know that Obama, Biden, McCain and Palin are all intelligent people with differing ideas about domestic and foreign policy in this country. To favor or disfavor those policies, and, therefore, those candidates has nothing to do with intelligence or lack thereof. Reasonable people disagree. Unreasonable people poison the well.
Amun-Ra Wrote:You can go to CNN and read exactly what they said via the debate's transcript.

It's not the smart ones.

It's the poor sheep.
basketballwizz Wrote:abc cbs and nbc said she won so were are you getting your info. but i dont need there polls to know who won this one she won and won big.

Big Time!:rockon:
Beetle01 Wrote:Who voted in those polls? What if more Dems voted than Repubs? What if in the ones that say they only included uncommited voters, those people were just lying and had a political agenda. Polls such as these are so unreliable. With the exception of Rachel Maddow Ive heard most commentators say it was a tie but Palin was more likeable. Now if Palin is such a bumbling fool and Biden a 20+ year Senator can only tie her. Well then I think the trophy should goto Palin.

Now I didn't watch it all because I was watching Pitt whip USF, but I caught bits and pieces.

I agree. In fact, I was wondering the same thing. No one ever asked me or any of my friends. The results are often skewed to one side or the other. Also, you might also take into consideration that people are not revealing their true opinion. Could happen. Polls are simply unreliable at best a joke at worst. JMHOBig Grin
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:I agree. In fact, I was wondering the same thing. No one ever asked me or any of my friends. The results are often skewed to one side or the other. Also, you might also take into consideration that people are not revealing their true opinion. Could happen. Polls are simply unreliable at best a joke at worst. JMHOBig Grin

Who ever said the polls I shown where from uncommitted voters? I was just showing that two right leaning sites, one of which is owned by Murdoch, showed that biden won.

But if you do want an "uncommitted" voter poll here ya go.

according to a cbs poll, 46% of uncommitted voters say biden won, only 21% said Palin won. Even 25% of republican uncommitted voters thought that Biden won!

Why cant you fox viewers wake up and see that Palin is not a good candidate? Or that she didnt do a good job during the debate, although she didnt bomb, which is better than I thought she would do.
[quote=Coach_Owens87]Who ever said the polls I shown where from uncommitted voters? I was just showing that two right leaning sites, one of which is owned by Murdoch, showed that biden won.

according to a cbs poll, 46% of uncommitted voters say biden won, only 21% said Palin won. Even 25% of republican uncommitted voters thought that Biden won!

Why cant you fox viewers wake up and see that Palin is not a good candidate? Or that she didnt do a good job during the debate, although she didnt bomb, which is better than I thought she would do.[/QUOTE]

I guess because in our opinion she won. You are certainly entitled to your opinion as we are ours. You can be wrong if you want to!Smile
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:[quote=Coach_Owens87]Who ever said the polls I shown where from uncommitted voters? I was just showing that two right leaning sites, one of which is owned by Murdoch, showed that biden won.

Why cant you fox viewers wake up and see that Palin is not a good candidate? Or that she didnt do a good job during the debate, although she didnt bomb, which is better than I thought she would do.[/QUOTE]

I guess because in our opinion she won. You are certainly entitled to your opinion as we are ours. You can be wrong if you want to!Smile

What was it about her performance is it that leads you to think she won? I really didnt hear her answer anything, so if you picked up on something during the debate that I didnt, please fill me in! Just because Hannity, and Rove said she won, it doesnt mean it's true.
ComfortEagle Wrote:He's been suspended before, but never permanently.

I would like to add that I am not trying to make this thread an all-Democrat thread. But if any of you will take the time to read wizz's posts, you should understand why he was banned from this thread.
I certainly welcome all discussion from both sides, but I would like for it to be intelligent discussion.

If you could actually make out what he was posting...lol.
I believe Sarah Palin did an excellent job. She gave good answers and talked straight to the people. She layed down the facts unlike Biden. She didn't look back and finger point like Joe Biden. She was the obvious winner.
sherman14 Wrote:I believe Sarah Palin did an excellent job. She gave good answers and talked straight to the people. She layed down the facts unlike Biden. She didn't look back and finger point like Joe Biden. She was the obvious winner.

What are you talking about? Palin didn't even answer half of the questions she was asked!
Smile

Here is an example of what she did:

Moderator: Gov. Palin, what do you think about the war in Iraq?

Palin: Well..........I don't know about the war in Iraq but I can tell you about the war here at home in our classrooms...our teachers...blah, blah, blah

^The above is an example for demonstration purposes only, but it is what she was doing all night. She was dodging questions she didn't want to answer and only answering things she felt comfortable about, which is deceiving and disrespectful to the public.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I found this funny:

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/v...en/727421/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Joe Biden won this debate hands down!
ComfortEagle Wrote:I found this funny:

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/v...en/727421/

I liked it.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:[quote=BIGREDDAWG]

Just because Hannity, and Rove said she won, it doesnt mean it's true.

Just because you said she lost doesn't mean it is true either.Big Grin