•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
56th District
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Quit capitilizing every word please!

is this a basketball forum or an English one lol
cheerforblue Wrote:is this a basketball forum or an English one lol

Its a basketball one but it looks like Estill needs to put a little better english into their students.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Its a basketball one but it looks like Estill needs to put a little better english into their students.

Big Grin
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Its a basketball one but it looks like Estill needs to put a little better english into their students.

Haha is that why Estill has some of the best test scores around here? I wonder where Lee and Powell rank?
ecqb8 Wrote:Haha is that why Estill has some of the best test scores around here? I wonder where Lee and Powell rank?

Like 1st nationally...duh!!! Lol actually I don't know.
In their two pre-season scrimmages, Lee County won over a much improved Menifee County team (by about 18 pts total although they restarted every quarter's score); and tonight over an athletic Paris team by 16. Charles switched rolls to true point guard and had about 10 assists. Pelfrey is the most improved player around. Pittman played big, Campbell and Wise did what they needed to do.

Watched half of the Powell vs Menifee game, Menifee was leading and pretty dominant inside. Crowe for Powell looked good but I didnt really even notice Hawkins. Arvin is stepping up too. And I do think that the football boys were on the floor (Arvin etc...)
I think it will be 1. Lee Co. 2. Estill and will be tuff battle at estill, 3. Powell 4. Owsley may be a good game to watch but i think lee will take it in the end with their size.
theonetheonly10 Wrote:Powell vs. Lee= Powell W 87-65
Owsley vs. Estill= Estill W 96-74
Final Powell vs. Estill= Powell W 72-67:champ:

What does everybody else think?

you have to be kidding me..powell is not to be underestimated but lee co shouldnt have a problem defeating them throughout the season and in the tourney permitted that they get matched up..with aaron charles and tyler campbell and pelfrey from lee they should be hard to beat this year.i pick them to win the 56th..with estill coming close behind..
theflash Wrote:you have to be kidding me..powell is not to be underestimated but lee co shouldnt have a problem defeating them throughout the season and in the tourney permitted that they get matched up..with aaron charles and tyler campbell and pelfrey from lee they should be hard to beat this year.i pick them to win the 56th..with estill coming close behind..

Menifee beat Powell in the Powell Panorama on Saturday pretty handily, and I heard from reliable sources that both Crowe and Hawkins quit right after the game.
ecqb8 Wrote:Haha is that why Estill has some of the best test scores around here? I wonder where Lee and Powell rank?

haha what does test scores have to do with the outcome of the game..and by the way lee and estill both always have top test scores around the region..
theflash Wrote:haha what does test scores have to do with the outcome of the game..and by the way lee and estill both always have top test scores around the region..

i didn't say anything about it having to do with the outcome of the game. if you'd read the quote you'd know why i said that. :thumpsup:
1. Estill. (eager to be back-to-back district champs.)
2. Lee.
3. Powell.
4. Owsley.
IMO.
Here's my 56th ratings as of today--

1 Lee County---in a cake walk. Too big, too good, too experienced. If Hazard has an off night in region tourney, Bobcats just may find themselves on the Rupp floor in March.

2 Estill County--and the district tourney is at their place. Cacklin is prime time.

3 Owsley County--They're young, but Evans should be one of the region's best guards.

4 Powell County--after two key players quit the team (Hawkins and Crowe) they could be in for a long season.
ARC Wrote:Menifee beat Powell in the Powell Panorama on Saturday pretty handily, and I heard from reliable sources that both Crowe and Hawkins quit right after the game.

if that is the case powell is indeed in for a long season and really has no chance in beating lee at any time this year bc i believe lee beat menifee pretty easily too in a scrimmage
yea right....Menifee is great this year.... and powell will do just fine with out Crowe and Hawkins... they where a big problem on the team...... they made the players on the team not want 2 play... like creech...
IMO. Lee will win the 56th but i also think it will be a competitive one between estill and lee in finals.
imo 1.lee
2.toss up estill and owsley
4.powell
i think something big is getting ready to happen in the 56th stay tune for updates,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, could make a big difference in how this dist ends up and could change the 14th outlook you herd it frist right here on bgr
Courtdog could you be talking about a former player from one 56th school enrolling in another 56th school today?
i'll let you know hang in there.
there is 2 maybe 3 football players that has not played before is going to play this year which will make us a very strong and better defence team.
courtdog Wrote:there is 2 maybe 3 football players that has not played before is going to play this year which will make us a very strong and better defence team.

walling and covey.
whose the other?
I look for a key player to enroll at Estill, he starts school there on Monday!!
maybe Baber not sure if he does they will be strong in the middle with Wiseman.
bluegrassballa Wrote:I look for a key player to enroll at Estill, he starts school there on Monday!!

we will have to wait and see about that it would be nice if he would come in but he would have to get his on right. He was there today but not sure if he enrolled.
crowe and hawkins to estill!!!!!!!!!!!! now estill is top dog in the 56th 4 sure! if they can keep there heads on straight that is
crowe to estill and hawkins to wolfe so i have heard..
Did these Crowe and Hawkins play varsity for Powell Co. last year? If so, their families will have to move to the new district and establish residency before they enroll in a new school. Then they have to go through the process of getting eligible with KHSAA. That will take some time. If they do transfer we won't see them on the court for a while.
I think Crowes mother lives in Estill, not sure about Hawkins. They have to be released from Powell to play somewhere else.
bluegrassballa Wrote:crowe to estill and hawkins to wolfe so i have heard..
The parents had better move first, and establish a residence in those counties, before the two young men enroll at the schools. If it doesn't happen exactly that way they can expect to be ruled ineligible and set out 36 school weeks.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next