•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Coach Tom Greer is Retiring…. What’s next for Corbin Football…..
Come on everyone..... All of this has been carefully orchestrated and when the dust settles everyone will understand. Greers decision has been made for months and didn't just decide to retire yesterday. The "committee" needed several factors to fall into place and timing was crucial. There is a couple of moving pieces that they hope will fall into place in the next couple of weeks. But for now they are trying to pacify the parents of some of their top returners and keep them aboard. But until then the rumor mill is runneth over..
[-] The following 2 users Like Grannyshot's post:
  • Bull got out!, Westside
(05-07-2024, 01:28 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 12:55 PM)Westside Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 12:20 PM)Old School 18 Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 10:14 AM)Westside Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 09:15 PM)Old School 18 Wrote: Idk why Chris McNamee from Pikeville isn’t being discussed. He’s right their with Haddix as the most successful coaches in the state if u go by the run he’s been on in recent years. It would be tough to get him to leave the situation he’s in at the minute but Corbin isn’t your average Job in eastern ky.
More money due to better boosters, better overall team consistently, better tradition, and last but not least more passionate fanbase. 
Why would Coach McNamee want to take a step back by going to Corbin?

No, no, no, no and no.  You are wrong on all accounts.  I guarantee Corbin doesn't have more money backing the program than Pikeville.  Corbin doesn't have more consistency, and they don't have better tradition.  You are apparently have no knowledge at all about Pikeville or their football program.  Pikeville has won 7 state championships since Corbin last won one.
42 years is along time to wait in my opinion. However, we must compare apples to apples. And not apples to oranges. Pikeville winning 1A State Championships is far easier done than Pikeville winning 7 State Championships in 4A or 3A. I’ll agree Pikeville is very well coached and has a rich history in Kentucky High School Football. In my opinion Pikeville should at the very least be playing in Class 3A Football. Pikeville is consistently better than most 1A, 2A, and 3A teams so why not move up and prove to the state you can Win in the higher classes. If Corbin was playing in Class 1A they would win State Championship every year and that’s for real… I really like Pikevilles coach tho as he makes more adjustments than most I’ve watched..
So many things wrong here I don’t know where to start. But the biggest is that it’s a lot easier to play down in class than up (assuming everything remains the same, enrollment etc). You run into depth issues, etc. You tried to make it an apples to apples comparison and still ended up with an apples to oranges comparison.
[-] The following 2 users Like PHSForever's post:
  • Bull got out!, Gitback Coach
You right on the numbers issue. That’s tuff on a team. I agree.
(05-07-2024, 12:12 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 01:33 AM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 11:39 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Good Riddance…
I just suspect people will wish they had Coach Greer back after all is said and done.   We'll see.
Think again I never wanted him to begin with and I don’t think I’ve tried at all to hide it….

Im definitely not a Greer fan either. I think Corbin has a real opportunity to move forward and learn from the past.
Corbin could always go after Chappell. He’s been at Whitley middle for like 6 months now which is usually the duration of his stay at places. He’s already familiar with the program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • Waitaminute
Never forget when Greer couldn't get an offense rolling against Johnson Central in 2021 and Seth Mills never saw a snap on offense, great coaching. Good times.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • Waitaminute
(05-07-2024, 04:24 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote: Never forget when Greer couldn't get an offense rolling against Johnson Central in 2021 and Seth Mills never saw a snap on offense, great coaching. Good times.

Dont bring that year up, that is why I don't like Greer in the first place...
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • BEChargers, Colonel4Life1999, North laurel Fan
Haddix and Mac aren’t going anywhere.

McPeek is the guy to go in after. By far best available and considering what he’s been able to accomplish for an extended period in Lexington I would imagine he could put The Redhounds over the top. Everyone see the athletes at FD, but getting those athletes to consistently show up and work their tails off is no easy task. Put him in a “football town”… could be dangerous for The Rebels.

With that being said… they are going to have to come with a bag to compete with the fayette county teaching pay which I’m sure wouldn’t be an issue for Corbin boosters.

This will be fun to see how it unfolds in the next few weeks. Can’t imagine they will take too long to announce their hire.
(05-07-2024, 12:53 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I just hear where some fans are wanting a new hiring committee in Corbin. I think that is a smart move....

no doubt it’ll be an entertaining few weeks
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • Bull got out!
(05-07-2024, 05:18 PM)AgentOrange Wrote: Haddix and Mac aren’t going anywhere.

McPeek is the guy to go in after. By far best available and considering what he’s been able to accomplish for an extended period in Lexington I would imagine he could put The Redhounds over the top. Everyone see the athletes at FD, but getting those athletes to consistently show up and work their tails off is no easy task. Put him in a “football town”… could be dangerous for The Rebels.

With that being said… they are going to have to come with a bag to compete with the fayette county teaching pay which I’m sure wouldn’t be an issue for Corbin boosters.

This will be fun to see how it unfolds in the next few weeks. Can’t imagine they will take too long to announce their hire.

I think Frederick Douglass is in good hands with Coach Mcpeak. I honestly think he has raised the bar up there and I don't see him leaving myself. I look for FD to just keep getting better and better.
Foley.

That would be absolutely hilarious for Hines to run to South Laurel this offseason just to have Foley nipping at his heels.
multiple sources have reported the corbin redhounds will repeat as district champs if they make another buddy hire....
[-] The following 1 user Likes REDPUPPY's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(05-07-2024, 11:30 AM)Westside Wrote: After the treatment Coach Haddix received at Corbin, I doubt very many successful coaches will be lining up for this job.

And also the way Eddie James was screwed out of the job that he was recommended for.

(05-07-2024, 12:53 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I just hear where some fans are wanting a new hiring committee in Corbin. I think that is a smart move....

The current hiring committee is the screwing over committee.

(05-07-2024, 10:14 AM)Westside Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 09:15 PM)Old School 18 Wrote: Idk why Chris McNamee from Pikeville isn’t being discussed. He’s right their with Haddix as the most successful coaches in the state if u go by the run he’s been on in recent years. It would be tough to get him to leave the situation he’s in at the minute but Corbin isn’t your average Job in eastern ky.
More money due to better boosters, better overall team consistently, better tradition, and last but not least more passionate fanbase. 

No, no, no, no and no.  You are wrong on all accounts.  I guarantee Corbin doesn't have more money backing the program than Pikeville.  Corbin doesn't have more consistency, and they don't have better tradition.  You are apparently have no knowledge at all about Pikeville or their football program.  Pikeville has won 7 state championships since Corbin last won one.
42 years is along time to wait in my opinion. However, we must compare apples to apples. And not apples to oranges. Pikeville winning 1A State Championships is far easier done than Pikeville winning 7 State Championships in 4A or 3A. I’ll agree Pikeville is very well coached and has a rich history in Kentucky High School Football. In my opinion Pikeville should at the very least be playing in Class 3A Football. Pikeville is consistently better than most 1A, 2A, and 3A teams so why not move up and prove to the state you can Win in the higher classes. If Corbin was playing in Class 1A they would win State Championship every year and that’s for real… I really like Pikevilles coach tho as he makes more adjustments than most I’ve watched..
Back when Beechwood was 1A, they would have challenged Corbin but , yeah, the Hounds would simply crush 1A.

I've said it for months now, MCPEEK is the guy that should be the focus of the Corbin search. Give him what he wants and bring him to town to stay!!!
Who is this “hiring committee” as it stand right now?
(05-07-2024, 09:56 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: Who is this “hiring committee” as it stand right now?

Havnt heard but no doubt some are calling for a different committee than the last one. But if I was guessing, they are fishing right now....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • RunItUpTheGut
(05-07-2024, 09:56 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: Who is this “hiring committee” as it stand right now?

The same hiring committee that came back with a recommendation to hire Eddie James as Redhounds Head Coach but were told to go back into the "war room " and think about it some more, until Tommy Greer was the guy.
Why would McPeek leave Douglass for Corbin? How much sense does that make?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • BEChargers
(05-07-2024, 10:03 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Why would McPeek leave Douglass for Corbin? How much sense does that make?

None honestly, I think he is in the right spot in Lexington.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • BEChargers, Waitaminute
(05-06-2024, 05:51 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I’ve heard Mark Dixon from Perry will be the next Coach.  He would be a good one.  Chappell will be his OC.

LoL
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
Corbin coaching candidates

1. Elam
2. Clay Clevenger
3. John Hines
4. Guy Lewellen
5. Coach to be named later

My bet Number 5
(05-07-2024, 10:18 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote: Corbin coaching candidates

1.  Elam
2.  Clay Clevenger
3.  John Hines
4.  Guy Lewellen
5.  Coach to be named later

My bet Number 5
You made me spit my false teeth out lol
I think Corbin sends shock waves across the state of KY with this hire. I take psychotic meds but my sources are damn good.

Two more dominoes need to fall... I'm told they are likely to fall.
I just don’t see Greer waiting until after spring practice and this late in the game to retire if there wasn’t a “plan” in place.

I also don’t think it’s the last time Greer will be seen on a sideline. Just won’t be Corbin’s.
[-] The following 2 users Like RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • HighViz, Westside
(05-07-2024, 11:36 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: I just don’t see Greer waiting until after spring practice and this late in the game to retire if there wasn’t a “plan” in place.

I also don’t think it’s the last time Greer will be seen on a sideline. Just won’t be Corbin’s.
I agree.  No way Tom gives up on his own. Retires now.  I think the heat was to hot in the kitchen. He couldn’t take it any longer.  He will definitely be on a sideline somewhere.  Somehow he will snake his way.  

5 years ago I called Haddix leaving a mistake, very bad mistake.   I’m not sure he would come back. I just can’t see it.  I will have to see it to believe the good ol boy system is gone. No outsiders will be trusted or handed reigns.  I think it still lives 100%.  Sayin that, the only one that seems right is either Jody and Guy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • RunItUpTheGut
Corbin has a target but will they get their man?
(05-07-2024, 09:20 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 11:30 AM)Westside Wrote: After the treatment Coach Haddix received at Corbin, I doubt very many successful coaches will be lining up for this job.

And also the way Eddie James was screwed out of the job that he was recommended for.

(05-07-2024, 10:14 AM)Westside Wrote: More money due to better boosters, better overall team consistently, better tradition, and last but not least more passionate fanbase. 

Back when Beechwood was 1A, they would have challenged Corbin but , yeah, the Hounds would simply crush 1A.

I've said it for months now, MCPEEK is the guy that should be the focus of the Corbin search. Give him what he wants and bring him to town to stay!!!

Wasn't the Corbin-Pikeville game in 2022 a 5 point game? At Corbin? I don't know that Corbin would regularly "crush" Pikeville.
(05-08-2024, 01:04 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 09:20 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

(05-07-2024, 12:55 PM)Westside Wrote: No, no, no, no and no.  You are wrong on all accounts.  I guarantee Corbin doesn't have more money backing the program than Pikeville.  Corbin doesn't have more consistency, and they don't have better tradition.  You are apparently have no knowledge at all about Pikeville or their football program.  Pikeville has won 7 state championships since Corbin last won one.

Wasn't the Corbin-Pikeville game in 2022 a 5 point game?  At Corbin?  I don't know that Corbin would regularly "crush" Pikeville.

I watched that game. I kept waiting on Jett Pilot to buy me a hot chocolate and he never came by the concession stands lol.  Smile
The last hiring committee didn’t recommend TG and when they left their last meeting they thought an offer was being made to EJ only to find out that all their work didn’t matter as DC, SH, and BF made the decision to hire TG on their own!
(05-08-2024, 08:31 AM)Ogre Wrote: The last hiring committee didn’t recommend TG and when they left their last meeting they thought an offer was being made to EJ only to find out that all their work didn’t matter as DC, SH, and BF made the decision to hire TG on their own!

You wonder if those who fail ever learn?  Smile
[Image: https://media.tenor.com/euan23EAAG4AAAAM/hi-curry.gif]
https://tenor.com/search/bad-construction-gifs
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next