Poll: Who Will Win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle
79.22%
Corbin
20.78%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Corbin @ Boyle County 11/17 3RD ROUND
(11-12-2023, 09:38 AM)know1 Wrote: Looks like Taylor gained twice as many yards against Corbin as the did Boyle. And Boyle got twice as many yards against Taylor as Corbin did. And Boyle played at Taylor.

So statistically comparing the results of the two common opponents would suggest that Boyle's offense and defense were better.

That's some skeery stuff right there.
(11-11-2023, 08:59 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 02:50 PM)Holy Bull Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 02:04 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 02:03 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 02:00 PM)pjdoug To Wrote: I bet the Boyle County QB will be getting rid of  the ball quickly.

Ya think?  Big Grin    If he doesn't he will soon be known as Sage "TheHeadless" Rebel.

I'd hate to be a QB and see those guys coming at me. lol
I would think Corbin's whole secondary is likely more scared than Dawson knowing a missed tackle on Quisenberry, Dawson, Bodner and either of the Brown receivers will result in a long gain or TD. To me, that is more scary than a sack and more of a game changer because you can make up for the sack, but not the TDs. I would suggest some therapy this week to have them prepared for that as we know it is likely to happen and have them know life goes on. It's only a football game and do not worry about the Corbin faithful blaming them. It has happened to every team Boyle has played and Corbin athletes aren't that speedy.

It should be a great game for the players and the fans as there is much respect going around.

A speedy 6ft 3 270 lb defender trying to take your head off is always more scary than missing a tackle. I'm not a Corbin fan, but you'll need therapy by the end of the week Big Grin
I have not seen anyone get their head taken off or even taken off the field by them, but I have seen multiple times in every game Boyle has played the results of missing a tackle and scoring touchdowns. If your objective is to win the game, IMHO, one outweighs the other.  And, for what its worth, if worst comes to worst for the QB, Boyle has 3 more capable of stepping in and taking over.
(11-11-2023, 09:51 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: Boom ! Boom ! Boom !! I hate that cannon and so will Corbin fans on Friday night at about 10:00.

Yes, Corbin has the Smith Twins,  but the Twins are not fast enough to catch Quisenberry.

Boyle rolls 35 - 14
I don't know one person that likes the booming. It is stupid considering the football field is practically next to the Humane Society, less than a quarter mile from an assisted living facility and a children's home.  No consideration for others except the few that think it means something.
[-] The following 2 users Like Holy Bull's post:
  • Gitback Coach, Iggyfan
Qb play, defense and coaching are the 3 main things that win championship’s and corbin has 2/3 imo. Qb play is close but i slightly like elam better than dawson. Could easily be wrong on the QB part but we’ll see.
Coaching - Boyle
Special teams - Boyle
Speed - Boyle
OLINE- even
DLine - Corbin
Lb - even
Secondary- Boyle
WR- Boyle
Rb - Boyle
Qb- even

Corbin diff makers. Smith x2. Elam

Boyle diff makers. Bodner. Brown. Quissenberry. Dawson. Brown. Driver

You do the math. Explain to me how Corbin is More physical while u are at it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(11-11-2023, 11:56 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 11:37 PM)64SUR Wrote: Cattleman coming home for home coming this Friday. Lol!!! Coach

Where's the best place to eat in Danville? Cattleman's? I'll need a good meal before I watch The Hounds smoke some Rebel hind end Big Grin
Definitely Cattlemen's but there is a new Drakes about a mile away from that. There is Wings and Rings next door and Asuka (Japanese) on the other side of Cattlemens.  Bluegrass Pizza downtown is really good and further downtown is Mi Pueblo, excellent Mexican food. All within 5 minutes of the stadium.
(11-12-2023, 10:46 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: Qb play, defense and coaching are the 3 main things that win championship’s and corbin has 2/3 imo. Qb play is close but i slightly like elam better than dawson. Could easily be wrong on the QB part but we’ll see.
Why do you think Corbin has the better defense? Lots of people say that so it's certainly not just you, but the stats from common opponents don't support it at all. So I'd like to hear the reasoning on that. 

I know Corbin has given up very few points this year , but their schedule was quite a bit easier than Boyle's.

I agree that QB play might be even as you said. Dawson is a D1 commit, but Elam is a great QB in my opinion.

(11-12-2023, 10:47 AM)HighViz Wrote: Coaching - Boyle
Special teams - Boyle
Speed - Boyle
OLINE- even
DLine - Corbin
Lb - even
Secondary- Boyle
WR- Boyle
Rb - Boyle
Qb- even

You do the math.  Explain to me how Corbin is More physical while u are at it.
I don't think Boyle's special teams are all that great honestly. I'd give the edge there to Corbin. 

But I believe Boyle has the better defense overall. And I think Boyle's lines are better overall as well.
(11-12-2023, 09:38 AM)know1 Wrote: Looks like Taylor gained twice as many yards against Corbin as the did Boyle. And Boyle got twice as many yards against Taylor as Corbin did. And Boyle played at Taylor.

So statistically comparing the results of the two common opponents would suggest that Boyle's offense and defense were better.

I've tried so hard to imagine what your voice must sound like.  I've considered "fingernails on a chalkboard," Mercedes McCambridge's voice of the demon inside Reagan in the original "Exorcist,"  and Roseanne Barr singing the national anthem at Jack Murphy Stadium in 1990.  All are possibilities but I'll say you sound like Vickie Guerrero("EXCUSE ME!!!")

Do you have any thoughts, Dougie?

I did forget that they both played Lexington Catholic. In that one, Corbin’s defense clearly performed better than Boyle's. So in that one it does look like they have a better defense.

(11-12-2023, 11:07 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I've tried so hard to imagine what your voice must sound like.  I've considered "fingernails on a chalkboard," Mercedes McCambridge's voice of the demon inside Reagan in the original "Exorcist,"  and Roseanne Barr singing the national anthem at Jack Murphy Stadium in 1990.  All are possibilities but I'll say you sound like Vickie Guerrero("EXCUSE ME!!!")

Please don't reply to my posts anymore. I'm here to talk football and not trade insults. I still can't believe the moderators allow posts like this that have nothing at all to do with football or the game discussion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes know1's post:
  • Waitaminute
Special teams - Boyle
Speed - Boyle
OLINE- even
DLine - Corbin
Lb - even
Secondary- Boyle
WR- Boyle
Rb - Boyle
Qb- even

Explain to me and all of Redhound Nation how the hell you are a Redhound fan with all the slobbering you do on the knobs of Boyle's coach and players.  Bottomline, a case could definitely be made that Corbin is the more physical and possibly even better overall team. Boyle is faster and better coached and they are at home and should be the favorite but Corbin is a solid football team that has the potential to come away with a win, as disappointing as that would be to a handful of Redhound "fans" on here.
Special teams - Boyle
Speed - Boyle
OLINE- even
DLine - Corbin
Lb - even
Secondary- Boyle
WR- Boyle
Rb - Boyle
Qb- even

How do the stats of Corbin's Carter Stewart add up when compared to Boyle County's Quisenberry, Brown and their other receivers?
(11-12-2023, 11:09 AM)know1 Wrote: I did forget that they both played Lexington Catholic. In that one, Corbin’s defense clearly performed better than Boyle's. So in that one it does look like they have a better defense.

Please don't reply to my posts anymore. I'm here to talk football and not trade insults. I still can't believe the moderators allow posts like this that have nothing at all to do with football or the game discussion.
Imo the reason i give corbin the defensive edge is because in alot of there games the twins haven’t played a full 4 quarters and neither has the majority of corbins starters. And in the lca game against corbin 7 of their 10 scored was at the end of the game on a pick 6. So the defense only gave up 3 too Catholic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School 18's post:
  • know1
(11-12-2023, 11:09 AM)know1 Wrote: I did forget that they both played Lexington Catholic. In that one, Corbin’s defense clearly performed better than Boyle's. So in that one it does look like they have a better defense.

EXCUSE ME!!!!  You interrupted a game thread multiple times earlier in the season , whining about one man's posts , even after being told to shut up multiple times. You continued to b&m , until a moderator  threatened to expel you from the site. So, again I say to you, "EXCUSE ME!!!:"

I picture the habits  of Felix Unger with a voice like Bobcat Goldthwait.
(11-12-2023, 11:18 AM)Old School 18 Wrote:

Imo the reason i give corbin the defensive edge is because in alot of there games the twins haven’t played a full 4 quarters and neither has the majority of corbins starters. And in the lca game against corbin 7 of their 10 scored was at the end of the game on a pick 6. So the defense only gave up 3 too Catholic.

I think some people don't realize how good the twins are.  They are definitely not over- hyped.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Old School 18
Corbin could of pitched alot more shutouts then they did forsure. Alot of points that where scored on them have been a little deceiving.
(11-12-2023, 11:35 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: Corbin could of pitched alot more shutouts then they did forsure. Alot of points that where scored on them have been a little deceiving.
Well there haven't been many points scored on them regardless. A lot less than Boyle for sure.
(11-12-2023, 11:26 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

I picture the habits  of Felix Unger with a voice like Bobcat Goldthwait.

Yeah, Bobcat or Gilbert Godfrey. Probably with a singing voice of Tiny Tim.
Stats, past games, common opponents mean jack sh!t. None of it matters and none of it will predict the outcome. Especially in HS. Just like home field, in high school its not that big of a difference maker, unless you're traveling 4+ hours. The same topics come up year after year, and people forget that it DOES NOT give any clue to how the game will turn out. Last year people did the same thing and predicted boyle would smoke corbin. Before that people tried to compare JC and corbins stats/opponents and it never worked out how they figured. This isn't the NFL, these kids aren't machines. Kids are unpredictable. This game wouldn't surprise me if Boyle won by 21 or by 2, or corbin winning by 10 or 2.
(11-12-2023, 12:18 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Stats, past games, common opponents mean jack sh!t. None of it matters and none of it will predict the outcome. Especially in HS. Just like home field, in high school its not that big of a difference maker, unless you're traveling 4+ hours. The same topics come up year after year, and people forget that it DOES NOT give any clue to how the game will turn out. Last year people did the same thing and predicted boyle would smoke corbin. Before that people tried to compare JC and corbins stats/opponents and it never worked out how they figured. This isn't the NFL, these kids aren't machines. Kids are unpredictable. This game wouldn't surprise me if Boyle won by 21 or by 2, or corbin winning by 10 or 2.

I agree.  I wouldn't be shocked if Boyle won by 21 or Corbin won by 21. Either could happen.
It really doesn't get much better than this for fans, players coaches and anyone who loves high school football. The two best teams in the state playing on what appears to be a great football night. All the arguing , bickering and difference of opinions will be put aside. The kids on both teams will go out and give 100 % and the coaches will do everything in their power to make the right decisions to help their team win. Sure in the end one team will be very happy and the other will be disappointed. That is the nature of sports. This is why you play the game. What we think or say on BGR or BGP will have no affect on the outcome of what should be a great game. I asked a Boyle County senior player if he and his team mates ever read the comments on either BGR or BGP and he said he said he had never heard of them. He said sometimes someone will comment on facebook or twitter but they really don't pay attention to that stuff. Looking forward to a great game between two great teams. Praying that no one gets hurt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • know1
Lolol nobody hedges their bets like Corbin fans.

I wish I could take a million dollars to Vegas and tell them to put it in a team to win or lose.

That’s a guarantee hahahaha
[-] The following 1 user Likes KnoxvillesFinest's post:
  • Gitback Coach

Earlier in the week, there was a thread about developing a positive culture around a football program; Boyle County has done that as well as, if not better than, any single program in the State.

I was watching Boyle recently and they have some undersized kids playing in the trenches and you think to yourself "there is the soft spot" then you watch the game for a while and defensively these undersized kids are making "effort" plays all over the field; on offense these kids execute their blocks and win at the LOS.

When Smith retired, I thought the Evil Empire would wither up and blow away, instead the program has only become more dominant. Yes, they have some kids who are 5th year seniors because of the ridiculous Covid "do over" year allowed by the KHSAA, but so do alot of public school teams, Boyle County has kids who are 19 years old (kids who intentionally started school late) playing against 16 & 17 year olds but so do other schools.

Haddix is a very good coach but did not have this level of success at previous stops. There was no drop off within the program when Smith retired. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that the success of the program is largely due to the culture within the community,

, .
[-] The following 2 users Like Iggyfan's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz
(11-12-2023, 12:39 PM)Old School 18 Wrote:

I don't think either team's defense has had to play too many full games. Maybe Corbin’s has played less due to the schedule differences.
The ANNUAL meltdown from Corbin fans after their team gets bounced from the playoffs is always entertaining. I expect nothing less in 2023.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iggyfan's post:
  • Deuce8
(11-12-2023, 12:18 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Stats, past games, common opponents mean jack sh!t. None of it matters and none of it will predict the outcome. Especially in HS. Just like home field, in high school its not that big of a difference maker, unless you're traveling 4+ hours. The same topics come up year after year, and people forget that it DOES NOT give any clue to how the game will turn out. Last year people did the same thing and predicted boyle would smoke corbin. Before that people tried to compare JC and corbins stats/opponents and it never worked out how they figured. This isn't the NFL, these kids aren't machines. Kids are unpredictable. This game wouldn't surprise me if Boyle won by 21 or by 2, or corbin winning by 10 or 2.
But stats and common opponents are what we have. If we toss that out then we might as well not have a discussion thread. It will just be rah rah posts based on team loyalty.
[-] The following 2 users Like know1's post:
  • Jack Lambert, KnoxvillesFinest
(11-12-2023, 01:05 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: Earlier in the week, there was a thread about developing a positive culture around a football program; Boyle County has done that as well as, if not better than, any single program in the State.

I was watching Boyle recently and they have some undersized kids playing in the trenches and you think to yourself "there is the soft spot" then you watch the game for a while and defensively  these undersized kids are making "effort" plays all over the field; on offense these kids execute their blocks and win at the LOS.

When Smith retired, I thought the Evil Empire would wither up and blow away, instead the program has only become more dominant. Yes, they have some kids who are 5th year seniors because of the ridiculous Covid "do over" year allowed by the KHSAA, but so do alot of public school teams, Boyle County has kids who are 19 years old (kids who intentionally started school late) playing against 16 & 17 year olds but so do other schools.   

Haddix is a very good coach but did not have this level of success at previous stops. There was no drop off within the program when Smith retired. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that the success of the program is largely due to the culture within the community,

, .You are right about the culture being a big part. I have had the privilege to witness both Smith and Haddix during their time at Boyle. Different styles but same results. Smith was responsible for creating that winning culture at Boyle and there were some that followed him that did well mainly French. Now Haddix comes along and not only continues what was in place, but builds on that and creates an even stronger program than what was in place. I am a big fan of both coaches and want you and everyone to know how important both these great coaches are and were in building that culture you mention.
(11-12-2023, 10:57 AM)know1 Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 10:46 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: Qb play, defense and coaching are the 3 main things that win championship’s and corbin has 2/3 imo. Qb play is close but i slightly like elam better than dawson. Could easily be wrong on the QB part but we’ll see.
Why do you think Corbin has the better defense? Lots of people say that so it's certainly not just you, but the stats from common opponents don't support it at all. So I'd like to hear the reasoning on that. 

I know Corbin has given up very few points this year , but their schedule was quite a bit easier than Boyle's.

I agree that QB play might be even as you said. Dawson is a D1 commit, but Elam is a great QB in my opinion.

Special teams - Boyle
Speed - Boyle
OLINE- even
DLine - Corbin
Lb - even
Secondary- Boyle
WR- Boyle
Rb - Boyle
Qb- even

I don't think Boyle's special teams are all that great honestly. I'd give the edge there to Corbin. 

But I believe Boyle has the better defense overall. And I think Boyle's lines are better overall as well.
I would be surprised if any school had more kickoff and punt returns for touchdowns than Boyle County, and that is with a lot of teams doing squibble kicks and punting out of bounds. I was at two games and thought the punt was coming to me in the stands.  They may not kick a lot of field goals but they also don't have to. Kickoffs are usually to the goal line. I realize that may not be their strongest area but on the return side, I would trade with anyone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Holy Bull's post:
  • Hatz
(11-12-2023, 01:31 PM)Holy Bull Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 10:57 AM)know1 Wrote:

Special teams - Boyle
Speed - Boyle
OLINE- even
DLine - Corbin
Lb - even
Secondary- Boyle
WR- Boyle
Rb - Boyle
Qb- even

I would be surprised if any school had more kickoff and punt returns for touchdowns than Boyle County, and that is with a lot of teams doing squibble kicks and punting out of bounds. I was at two games and thought the punt was coming to me in the stands.  They may not kick a lot of field goals but they also don't have to. Kickoffs are usually to the goal line. I realize that may not be their strongest area but on the return side, I would trade with anyone.
I guess that's true. I was thinking mostly about the kicking game for Boyle. That isn't the greatest. Corbin seems to have a strong kicker and he's a skill player so that helps with fakes. 

But you're right, I wouldn't trade the Boyle return game with anyone. At the same time, you can kick it out of bounds every time so that negates it.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next