Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
40.00%
Highlands
60.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Highlands 9/09
This is a tough one to call. You have to respect Highlands for taking the game. Program is not what it used to be and I'll leave the debate as to why to those closer to the program. For Highlands its hard to come out a winner; if you win big you're scheduling 1A schools, if you win small you're weak, and if you lose...well....  For Raceland its hard to come out a loser; if you get blown out you lost to a traditional power, if you lose small then you are respected for scheduling a 5A school, and if you win...well... All the pressure in this game should be on Highlands and using this logic I hope Raceland comes in lose and pulls out the win for eastern Kentucky.
[-] The following 2 users Like i82much's post:
  • 16thregioner, i know, right?
(09-08-2022, 04:07 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-08-2022, 03:04 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: RD is a couger kind of guy...

RD likes women? Who knew? Glad to hear it though haha
Ask your mom…she knows
This game has been pushed to an 8pm Start.
For anyone who can't make it to this one it will be Video streamed at https://www.youtube.com/user/HHSFilmAndBroadcast.
(09-08-2022, 04:26 PM)i82much Wrote: This is a tough one to call. You have to respect Highlands for taking the game. Program is not what it used to be and I'll leave the debate as to why to those closer to the program. For Highlands its hard to come out a winner; if you win big you're scheduling 1A schools, if you win small you're weak, and if you lose...well....  For Raceland its hard to come out a loser; if you get blown out you lost to a traditional power, if you lose small then you are respected for scheduling a 5A school, and if you win...well... All the pressure in this game should be on Highlands and using this logic I hope Raceland comes in lose and pulls out the win for eastern Kentucky.
"loose" not "lose".... my bad....
(09-08-2022, 04:26 PM)i82much Wrote: This is a tough one to call. You have to respect Highlands for taking the game. Program is not what it used to be and I'll leave the debate as to why to those closer to the program. For Highlands its hard to come out a winner; if you win big you're scheduling 1A schools, if you win small you're weak, and if you lose...well....  For Raceland its hard to come out a loser; if you get blown out you lost to a traditional power, if you lose small then you are respected for scheduling a 5A school, and if you win...well... All the pressure in this game should be on Highlands and using this logic I hope Raceland comes in lose and pulls out the win for eastern Kentucky.

Very good point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregioner's post:
  • T-CATS
(09-08-2022, 06:47 PM)i82much Wrote:

Huh? Might want to look up the definition of "loose"
(09-04-2022, 01:16 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-04-2022, 01:14 PM)Gargamels Wrote: #1 team in 1A pulls it out on the road
Omg you done went a picked a fight with every Pikeville fan on here hahah
Jet pilot will crash …..
FTH of old wins this game with a running clock before half. This isn’t FTH of old but they have athletes and depth. They will dress 100 plus and losing to 1A Raceland would be embarrassment behind embarrassment for the former Northern KY powerhouse. Raceland has the better starting 11 on both sides but FTH has enough athletes and depth plus home field advantage to pull out a close win IMO. Highlands 28 Raceland 21.
(09-08-2022, 08:26 PM)Glory_Days Wrote:
(09-08-2022, 06:47 PM)i82much Wrote:

Huh? Might want to look up the definition of "loose"
Last sentence:  ....Raceland comes in "loose" and pulls out the win.....     Okay, I did.  Loose: adj-not tight   verb-set free
[-] The following 1 user Likes i82much's post:
  • Glory_Days
(09-05-2022, 06:50 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(09-04-2022, 12:49 PM)64SUR Wrote: If Raceland wins this game, expect a new coach coaching change in highlands next season.

Let’s go Raceland

Coaching isnt the issue at Highlands.

(09-08-2022, 09:50 PM)T-CATS Wrote: FTH of old wins this game with a running clock before half. This isn’t FTH of old but they have athletes and depth. They will dress 100 plus and losing to 1A Raceland would be embarrassment behind embarrassment for the former Northern KY powerhouse. Raceland has the better starting 11 on both sides but FTH has enough athletes and depth plus home field advantage to pull out a close win IMO. Highlands 28 Raceland 21.

KHSAA has Highlands with only 60 players 10-12. They have 15 seniors, 26 juniors, and 19 sophomores. Based on the 2021 roster, Highlands lost 6 players that would be seniors this year, 4 players that would be juniors this year and almost half of the players that were on last years freshmen team did not return. Most would consider this type of attrition to be a coaching issue.
I know they aren't the Highlands of old, but hats off to them for even scheduling this game. Raceland gets a lot more out of it either way, than they do.
Good luck to both teams, hope its a good game
(09-08-2022, 04:48 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

Ask your mom…she knows

Way to fire back. Judging by the sarcasm and wit, I believe for sure that you are my cousin Smile
(09-08-2022, 04:48 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

Ask your mom…she knows

She was as shocked as I was to hear you liked women.
I think this one will stay within a touchdown in the first half, but I think Highlands will be too much in the second half and win 38-17.

Highlands switched QB's in their first game and the QB Benke has gotten most of the snaps each game. He looks to have progressively better each game he has played, and it seems like they are really figuring out how to get the ball in the hands of their playmakers.
Rams show up tonight & don't let the upset minded Bluebirds pull off the upset in front of their home crowd. No excuses to not go undefeated and walk to a State Title this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gargamels's post:
  • jetpilot
One other factor I forgot to mention is FTH will pick on Racelands small DBs all night. FTH has averaged over 30 pass attempts per game while Raceland hasn’t had to face many in their first 3 games even being up multiple scores. Ashland attempted 15 Russell attempted 17 and Rowan was less that that.
Raceland shows why they're the #1 team in Class A and belong in the discussion as one of the best teams in Class A - 4A. Rams ride Lundy and that backfield to earn the win over the Bluebirds, 28-17. The rest of the state will be put on notice after tonight.
(09-09-2022, 05:35 PM)Buffs19 Wrote: Raceland shows why they're the #1 team in Class A and belong in the discussion as one of the best teams in Class A - 4A.  Rams ride Lundy and that backfield to earn the win over the Bluebirds, 28-17.  The rest of the state will be put on notice after tonight.
We'll be finding out in about 15 minutes. Woah
I hate to crap on the work of what seems to be high school students doing this stream, but calling it unwatchable is an understatement.
(09-09-2022, 09:06 PM)Shogun Wrote: I hate to crap on the work of what seems to be high school students doing this stream, but calling it unwatchable is an understatement.

Highlands has always had their students broadcast their games.  It's pretty cool idea!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Raceland 7-0 Highlands 0 6:59 1st q
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(09-09-2022, 09:08 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 09:06 PM)Shogun Wrote: I hate to crap on the work of what seems to be high school students doing this stream, but calling it unwatchable is an understatement.

Highlands has always had their students broadcast their games.  It's pretty cool idea!
It is a good idea to have a program like that, but I wish I could tell what was going on in the game.
Raceland 7 Highlands 3 1st quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Highlands 10 Raceland 7 :23 seconds 1st quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Highlands 10 Raceland 7 end 1st quarter

Looks like Highlands starting to take control of the game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Highlands 17 Raceland 7 8:31 2nd quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(09-09-2022, 05:35 PM)Buffs19 Wrote: Raceland shows why they're the #1 team in Class A and belong in the discussion as one of the best teams in Class A - 4A.  Rams ride Lundy and that backfield to earn the win over the Bluebirds, 28-17.  The rest of the state will be put on notice after tonight.
Hahahah ????
Raceland looked good on the opening drive. Not so great since.
I’ve never followed anything raceland. But the fans on here have made me haha. If this one goes down like it’s been going, it’s gonna be interesting on here….. I hope buffs19 sticks aroind after a comment like that.