Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conner 38 Highlands 28
bo67 Wrote:Someone mentioned let’s see what happens in the off season. Coaching change? If they do. They definitely need to go outside. And let the new coach bring in his coaches that he wants.

A new coach that comes from the outside will certainly choose his own staff. But depending on where the coach comes from, it might be difficult or impossible to bring a staff with him. Most of the assistant jobs are volunteer or pay only a small stipend. Not nearly enough to justify a move to the Fort from another part of the state or from another state. It seems likely that some current staff will be asked to stay on in some capacity in order to maintain continuity and because of their familiarity with the players. That said, nothing has been stated from the school regarding making changes, yet.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Yes, Johnson Central is a 5A size school playing down. Per KHSAA website their enrollment puts them in the bottom 5 of 5A. No, They did not request to play down, but due to teams with smaller enrollments (Highlands) requesting to play up a few 5A teams by enrollment were moved down. For information that is so easily found you got very defensive.
As I said, petty...relieved that you are not one of ours. :biglmao:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:As I said, petty...relieved that you are not one of ours. :biglmao:

Nothing about it is being petty. Just answering a question that was asked, when no one else would answer it. I actually like JC...
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Nothing about it is being petty. Just answering a question that was asked, when no one else would answer it. I actually like JC...
Try to keep up. She/he raised the question himself/herself bit then repeatedly said she doesn't care about what class JC plays in.
JustADad I understand what you’re saying. But some don’t belong. Too much like the head guy.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Try to keep up. She/he raised the question himself/herself bit then repeatedly said she doesn't care about what class JC plays in.

My question was legit and I was correct.

The only person that seems to have a problem with the truth is you.
Highlands has dropped to #2 in the state and #3 nationally in all time wins behind Male with Mayfield only 4 wins behind and still playing. While not really important, I would think its a source of pride thing for Highlands
Yes. Ironic. But I looked that up yesterday. And you are correct about Male and Mayfield. And it’s a huge pride thing with Highlands. Another mark against the coach
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Had Johnson Central played in 5A, then there would have been at least one school with a larger enrollment competing in 4 A. Johnson Central is playing in the class that the KHSAA determined it should be in. The KHSAA should not allow teams like Highlands and Boyle County to play outside of the class where their enrollments place them and bump other schools out of their classes, but that is the system that we have. If JC had declined to remain in 4A, then a larger school would have moved down to 4A to fill their place.

Okay, but even if a larger school did play down instead of Johnson Central, it doesn't change the fact that their enrollment would naturally place JC in 5A. I mean, it's only a 7.3 student difference so I don't think it matters which class they play in, but there's no reason to say Fosho is incorrect. If you don't like the implication that JC has some special advantage by playing down, just point out that 7.3 students is what made the difference and that it's so minor a difference that it's not actually an advantage.
CarzyRock Wrote:Okay, but even if a larger school did play down instead of Johnson Central, it doesn't change the fact that their enrollment would naturally place JC in 5A. I mean, it's only a 7.3 student difference so I don't think it matters which class they play in, but there's no reason to say Fosho is incorrect. If you don't like the implication that JC has some special advantage by playing down, just point out that 7.3 students is what made the difference and that it's so minor a difference that it's not actually an advantage.

He/she just doesn't like the fact that I'm right. You think he'd/she'd be used to it by now.

😬
Dale Mueller was very vocal and proud about catching Valdosta for most wins. He had a tremendous success on narrowing the gap. Even had an approximate year it would be. Boy did that go south.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:This game was a no win situation for Highlands. They could bow out in the first round of the playoffs or they could advance to what would have probably been a running clock loss to Covington Catholic. Congratulations to Conner on completing the sweep.

No chance there would have been a running clock in 2nd round. This is simple, a team that was looking past Conner and getting a 2nd chance at the colonels. No reason they should have done this but that's the fact jack. Congrat's Cougars.
If a team beats me during the regular season. Hmmmm I really don’t think I’d be looking past them And if they had a good coaching staff. That loss in regular season would have never happened. And that’s a fact!!!
Cakebattermatters Wrote:No chance there would have been a running clock in 2nd round. This is simple, a team that was looking past Conner and getting a 2nd chance at the colonels. No reason they should have done this but that's the fact jack. Congrat's Cougars.
After going ofer two against a team in the same season, it is time to face reality - Conner is clearly better than Highlands this season. That's a fact documented with irrefutable evidence.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:After going ofer two against a team in the same season, it is time to face reality - Conner is clearly better than Highlands this season. That's a fact documented with irrefutable evidence.

Conner has a really good team this year, they finally found some defense. Now it wont show on the score board vs Cov Cath as they are clearly better than Conner.