Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfers in the 15th region
Another one to question. Kid that played baseball for Johnson Central as a freshman last year is now listed on the Lawrence County football roster. He was at Lawrence his 8th grade year. How does he get eligible???
Panthers Dominate Wrote:Another one to question. Kid that played baseball for Johnson Central as a freshman last year is now listed on the Lawrence County football roster. He was at Lawrence his 8th grade year. How does he get eligible???

I think he left the JC school system before school was out and enrolled at Lawrence.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
You are right, but yet you are wrong. A "kid" living in Flat Gap can attend school in the Paintsville District. The schools due have a reciprocal agreement between them so that the tax dollars for the Flat Gap "kid" goes to Paintsville, rather than the county. Reason being, that "kid" doesn't reside in the Paintsville District.

Paintsville City Schools does have a mapped district. Plus were talking about "kids" playing sports and the rules that apply to those students per the KHSAA. Not little Johnny Doe that doesn't play sports, he just wants to change schools for what ever reason he might have.

We can argue this tell we're Blue or Gold in the face, but the KHSAA has the final word on transferring athletes. Neither of the transfers that's been mentioned make a hill of beans to me. I could care less, but again the KHSAA has rules about transfers, and Paintsville does have a mapped district.
They wouldn't buy the muncy kids mother a car at Martin county or rent her a place. She uses her son for handouts.
The kid in question that transferred to LC has been all over the place. It’s abundantky clear why he went back to LC. He went bc he intends to be the starting catcher for their baseball team. LC’s catcher graduated, (and he was the real deal), and now this kid, who was their backup when he was there 2 yrs ago came back to be their catcher. He knew with the Meade kid at JC he wasn’t gonna get much playing time. So to put it into perspective. From my understanding and I may not be completely right but I’m gonna be real close. In 4 yrs he has went from Paintsville to JC to LC back to JC and now back to LC. That’s 5 schools in 4yrs. That has to be a red flag in my opinion.
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:They wouldn't buy the muncy kids mother a car at Martin county or rent her a place. She uses her son for handouts.

Because you seem to know the family personally, tell them we were happy to have him while he was here and wish he could have stayed longer. Great, great kid from what I hear.
philbilly2009 Wrote:The kid in question that transferred to LC has been all over the place. It’s abundantky clear why he went back to LC. He went bc he intends to be the starting catcher for their baseball team. LC’s catcher graduated, (and he was the real deal), and now this kid, who was their backup when he was there 2 yrs ago came back to be their catcher. He knew with the Meade kid at JC he wasn’t gonna get much playing time. So to put it into perspective. From my understanding and I may not be completely right but I’m gonna be real close. In 4 yrs he has went from Paintsville to JC to LC back to JC and now back to LC. That’s 5 schools in 4yrs. That has to be a red flag in my opinion.

lol
philbilly2009 Wrote:The kid in question that transferred to LC has been all over the place. It’s abundantky clear why he went back to LC. He went bc he intends to be the starting catcher for their baseball team. LC’s catcher graduated, (and he was the real deal), and now this kid, who was their backup when he was there 2 yrs ago came back to be their catcher. He knew with the Meade kid at JC he wasn’t gonna get much playing time. So to put it into perspective. From my understanding and I may not be completely right but I’m gonna be real close. In 4 yrs he has went from Paintsville to JC to LC back to JC and now back to LC. That’s 5 schools in 4yrs. That has to be a red flag in my opinion.

If you knew the dad you would understand and the picture would be much clearer
The Eagle Knows Wrote:If you knew the dad you would understand and the picture would be much clearer

Explain to me what the “dad” has said or done to make the kids situation clearer. I can’t wait for what lies are going to be told.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:Explain to me what the “dad” has said or done to make the kids situation clearer. I can’t wait for what lies are going to be told.
Well I don’t know the dad and I’m not saying anything personal about any of them but I did state facts about the amount of times he has transferred. And in my little bit of experience and in the 54 yrs of life lessons I have learned upon this earth, if there is that many transfers in that short of a time, then something has to be wrong somewhere. There is no way he has transferred schools that many times and it’s been the schools fault every time. I’m gonna ASSUME and yes that is all it is, strictly a guess that someone, probably parents aren’t happy with his playing time, therefore they believe switching schools may increase that amount. Again I don’t any of them personally.
Dingess is way over rated
Dingess is pretty dang good. Jealousy is a disease.
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Dingess is way over rated

You should tell your coach not to come to Matin County for basketball because ole Brady will show you what he has in his bag of tricks.

The fact that you felt the need to comment this proves otherwise.

Dingess is one of the best players in the 15 th region and everyone know that for a fact, and you are right jealousy is a disease.
Basketballmom41 Wrote:The fact that you felt the need to comment this proves otherwise.

Aren't you the same one that during the season last year didn't think very highly of Dingess? You said back in Feb that SC got the better of the deal with Maynard. In case you forgot here is the post you made.
"I'd say that's a hard no. SC got the better end of the deal with Maynard as their point guard. Better player, less drama"
You also said and I quote " SC didn't want him, even when he called wanting to come back." Now for some reason you think he is one of the best. Why the change of opinion?
Glory Days Wrote:Aren't you the same one that during the season last year didn't think very highly of Dingess? You said back in Feb that SC got the better of the deal with Maynard. In case you forgot here is the post you made.
"I'd say that's a hard no. SC got the better end of the deal with Maynard as their point guard. Better player, less drama"
You also said and I quote " SC didn't want him, even when he called wanting to come back." Now for some reason you think he is one of the best. Why the change of opinion?

I still think Maynard is the better player. He plays both sides of the game and receives little to no recognition for it. So you can quote me all day long. I stand by what I said. Did I ever say Dingess was one of the best? I do believe you are confusing my comment with what someone else said. I said, "The fact that you felt the need to comment this proves otherwise." Clearly not the same.
Dingess made Martin County really good !!!!
The word on the street is that Dingess hasn’t and wont be granted eligibility this year at Martin County. Is this correct? What’s everyone hearing?
What has Dingess done to garner such praise? “One is the best players in the region?” I watched them play three times last year and I didn’t see anything exceptional. I also watched his team BLOW UP every game I watched. Not saying he won’t be a good player, I just haven’t seen it yet.
How can the KHSAA justify ruling Dingess "ineligible" ? When one kid from Paintsville got ruled eligible to play at Johnson Central and the the girl player that transferred to Martin County got eligible and then the very next day moved back to Johnson Central. Will she be ruled eligible twice in one year? If she does, then the Dingesss' need to explore every option open to them.
Hey Wink how did that Mingo/ Pikeville prediction work out for ya?
WinkWinkler Wrote:How can the KHSAA justify ruling Dingess "ineligible" ? When one kid from Paintsville got ruled eligible to play at Johnson Central and the the girl player that transferred to Martin County got eligible and then the very next day moved back to Johnson Central. Will she be ruled eligible twice in one year? If she does, then the Dingesss' need to explore every option open to them.
Probably because the brass at Paintsville is fighting the Dingess transfer very hard. Kudos to them.
can't speak for the girl but as far as the kid that went to JC, nobody was gonna fight that one. Nobody wants a troublemaker on the court or in the hallways of your school. He was both. They also had a change of address and pretended to move in to his grandmother's home. It's a lie cause everyone sees him at his house and has videos of his mom carrying her groceries in. If the KHSAA would actually investigate they would catch that family in their lies, but again nobody at Pville cares.
Now Dingues is a different story. He didn't change addresses. He had no real reason to move. That BS is dad is tellin everyone about why he moved might hold some truth to it IF his kid wasn't driving a luxury car, going on trips, hiring a personal trainer, and having a foreign exchange student in his house. They flat out lied because they are mad. If other basketball players can be ruled ineligible (true elite players like the kid from Marshall county) then he should sit his year. Its foolish how many kids think they are so good that they can bounce around like a ping pong ball when they don't get there way.
Prediction didn't work out at all. I must have thought Jeremy Dillon was still playing and Yogi was still coachingSmile
All transfers should have to sit at least 1 year. Too many kids using BS excuses to hop from school to school.
Hambley Wrote:What has Dingess done to garner such praise? “One is the best players in the region?” I watched them play three times last year and I didn’t see anything exceptional. I also watched his team BLOW UP every game I watched. Not saying he won’t be a good player, I just haven’t seen it yet.

I’m a little confused about which team you are referring to that was blowing up and which games are you talking about?
O My God, what's that strange gasping sound coming from the "Little Blue Nation", are they feeling that old adage of "what goes around comes around". Last year they were chanting Brady Brady Brady at some games, because he had become part of the family, I wonder if they will be chanting his name fondly this year, meanwhile some people are talking about Brady driving a luxury car, taking trips, having a personal trainer and a foreign exchange student, well let's think about this, there are a lot of kids within the 15th region that drive nice cars, suv's and trucks, I've seen a Maserati at Belfry, Mercedes, BMW's, Corvettes at some, fancy trucks and Jeeps at most, so have all these kids or parents done something wrong, meanwhile ask ANY basketball player if they would rather play in a tournament like the Derby Classic at Raceland KY or the Tarkanian Classic in Las Vegas, I think we all know the answer to this one, meanwhile as to the personal trainer, his dad helps him, a kid at the weight room that calls himself a personal trainer and Carla Booth and Todd Howard, but if it's working for him maybe it could work for someone else, who knows, meanwhile what does hosting a foreign exchange student have to do with transferring schools, absolutely nothing.

I'm hearing most players within the 15th region really don't care what he does or where he goes, so why are a few adults making such a big deal out of it.
poison control Wrote:can't speak for the girl but as far as the kid that went to JC, nobody was gonna fight that one. Nobody wants a troublemaker on the court or in the hallways of your school. He was both. They also had a change of address and pretended to move in to his grandmother's home. It's a lie cause everyone sees him at his house and has videos of his mom carrying her groceries in. If the KHSAA would actually investigate they would catch that family in their lies, but again nobody at Pville cares.
Now Dingues is a different story. He didn't change addresses. He had no real reason to move. That BS is dad is tellin everyone about why he moved might hold some truth to it IF his kid wasn't driving a luxury car, going on trips, hiring a personal trainer, and having a foreign exchange student in his house. They flat out lied because they are mad. If other basketball players can be ruled ineligible (true elite players like the kid from Marshall county) then he should sit his year. Its foolish how many kids think they are so good that they can bounce around like a ping pong ball when they don't get there way.
I was just told that Seth Williams is now eligible at Central.
Ralph Furley Wrote:I was just told that Seth Williams is now eligible at Central.

That is old news, he was ruled eligible the same day Dingess was ruled ineligible.