Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2019
countryboy-belfry Wrote:This is a great team although I do believe they lack a strong run game as well as lineman

This RAM Team is far from great, although I do believe it has a lot of potential if it works hard & improves from week to week.
bac2369 Wrote:I’m sure these teams dislike the new playoff setup. These 4 teams will battle it out in the 2nd round in the new alignment. If cross district matchups was still involved then they would love it.

This RPI Ranking is going to be a puzzle this year. Who knows how it’s going to rank these teams schedules.

Do teams play in district in the playoffs this year? If so I stand corrected. A couple of teams with no business in the final 4 will be there.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Do teams play in district in the playoffs this year? If so I stand corrected. A couple of teams with no business in the final 4 will be there.

Yes they play districts teams in first two rounds. You still will get 4 good teams in the 4th. But I don’t think you can get some best in the 3rd round because at least two on the east side will be eliminated 2nd round.
bac2369 Wrote:Yes they play districts teams in first two rounds. You still will get 4 good teams in the 4th. But I don’t think you can get some best in the 3rd round because at least two on the east side will be eliminated 2nd round.

Which is crap and counters their argument for seeding the finale four!! It’s BS
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Which is crap and counters their argument for seeding the finale four!! It’s BS

I'm thinking it's still the same in Class A just the regional championships will be decided in the district championships in the second round. In other words the routs will be in the 3rd round instead of the second.
If you play within your own district you won’t play the opposing district until the regional championship! So if Raceland is #1 and Paintsville is #2 or vise versa then they play each other in the second round and the winner has a blow out regional!! Am I wrong on this ?
RAMDAD50 Wrote:If you play within your own district you won’t play the opposing district until the regional championship! So if Raceland is #1 and Paintsville is #2 or vise versa then they play each other in the second round and the winner has a blow out regional!! Am I wrong on this ?

I think we are saying the same thing. True east final 4 will be in the 2nd round, winners of those games win big in round 3 and move on to semis.
jetpilot Wrote:I think we are saying the same thing. True east final 4 will be in the 2nd round, winners of those games win big in round 3 and move on to semis.

Which total goes against their reasoning for seeding the final two games!! Right? If your intent is to get the best two in the championship then this system isn’t the way! Seed 1-16 in the east and west then re seed the finale 4! Idk maybe I’m seeing this all wrong
They should of kept it then same as it has been for while and then reseed the 3rd and 4th.
jetpilot Wrote:I think we are saying the same thing. True east final 4 will be in the 2nd round, winners of those games win big in round 3 and move on to semis.

Only 1 of those team should win big in round 3. The others will be in a battle. Now I’m not slighting Williamsburg any but it shocked me last year to see them beat Hazard a team that early in the season give Pikeville everything they had and then some. Hazard historically hasn’t played good in Williamsburg. Since 1998 they have faced off 9 times. 6 of those have been at Williamsburg. Hazard is 3-3 in those matchups. 5 of those where in the playoffs. Hazard is 2-3 in those. Hazard beat them in 2011 and 2016, both years they played for the title.

But it sucks to play your rival so early in the playoffs. To me most years two of the better teams will be at the house after the 2nd round.
I think Kentucky should look at the Ohio playoff system , first cut down on the amount of teams who make the playoffs second you get a shot at playing one home game if your seeded high enough then it’s all neutral sights , getting a home game in the regional finals and state semi game is a huge advantage
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I think Kentucky should look at the Ohio playoff system , first cut down on the amount of teams who make the playoffs second you get a shot at playing one home game if your seeded high enough then it’s all neutral sights , getting a home game in the regional finals and state semi game is a huge advantage

I don’t think there is enough turf fields in this state to do this! What school is going to let two other teams tear their grass field up ?
First of all I agree that neutral fields from the second round on are the way to go. Turf fields are pretty easy to find now days . Example Raceland and Pikeville last year could have played at Morehead , Sheldon Clark. , Johnson Central Those are just examples the idea would be to get a location in the middle. And yes if it is profitable teams will let you play on there grass field. It grows back and they are usually done if someone else is playing on it. Having a State semifinal like Raceland played at Williamsburg with no visitor seating is an example of what is wrong with Kentucky high school football.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Which total goes against their reasoning for seeding the final two games!! Right? If your intent is to get the best two in the championship then this system isn’t the way! Seed 1-16 in the east and west then re seed the finale 4! Idk maybe I’m seeing this all wrong

Seeing it a little wrong.

Part of this new system is designed to help the smaller schools with smaller budgets not get the shaft on travel expenses. That part I agree with and Class 1A is a perfect example.

Using your suggestion above let's imagine these are your 16 seeded teams in the West (and lets be fair this is a pretty legit guess)

1. Campbellsville vs. 16. Berea (78 miles)
8. Russellville vs. 9. Eminence (178 miles)

2. Newport Central Catholic vs. 15. Berea (118 miles)
7. Crittenden County vs. 10. Bellevue (294 miles)

3. KCD vs. 14. Dayton (102 miles)
6. Lou. Holy Cross vs. 11. Bethlehem (40 miles)

4. Ludlow vs. 13. Fulton County (361 miles)
5. Frankfort vs. 12. Fort Knox (82 miles)

It is a crap shoot, but what you see is a strong chance some really bad teams drive a REALLY long ways just to get beat REALLY BADLY.

By letting you play your own District for the first two round you thin the herd of teams who probably have no real shot anyway in 99% of cases, but instead of those teams being blown out and paying a fortune out of their small budgets to have it happen, at least they are only driving an hour or a so.

I dont want to say it is my biggest gripe, but maybe my biggest critique, of the new system is this RPI and how it is calculated. Seems to me it is a flawed system that can be manipulated. It doesnt take into account the power of a win or a loss, just the win or loss itself. I like that they try to give value to out of state teams, but it is pretty superficial.

If Paintsville beats a 6-4 2A team like Leslie County by 6 points it judges it the same as if Raceland beats a 6-4 6A team like Tates Creek by 60 points.

If Pikeville beats a 8-2 MIngo Central, WV who goes on to win their State Title, it judges it the same as if Hazard beats a 8-2 Honaker, VA team that loses in the First Round.

Or even more concerning, let's say that Williamsburg blows out Pineville on the road by 6 TD's the last week of the regular season. Williamsburg though plays a bunch of bigger 4A and 5A schools and finishes 7-3. Pineville plays a bunch of 1A and 2A schools and finish 9-1. Of those big schools Wburg plays, they also have tough breaks and their opponents finish with a losing record. Pineville is lucky that most of their schools also play lesser teams and they finish with a combined winning record. In this RPI system there is a strong chance that despite that blowout win on the road, Williamsburg is still seeded lower than Pineville.

To me there needs to be a power factor.
^^^which is why they need to analyze and look at how other states do it, imo. Though I know logistics are big issue in our state. Too many variables in the new system, imo.
Nobody is talking and it’s after team camp , did Raceland find their running backs to replace Judd snd lacks ? Did they get their lines straighten out after losing The majority of those guys ? What about the linebackers ?
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Nobody is talking and it’s after team camp , did Raceland find their running backs to replace Judd snd lacks ? Did they get their lines straighten out after losing The majority of those guys ? What about the linebackers ?

Agreed, it’s very quiet in Ramland these days.
Raceland will take some regular season Ls but will be ready for a playoff run as they develop.
Its quiet. Alot of the biggest mouths on here have either saw their Rams graduate, or moved on to what they felt was a better situation for them and theres. Before I go on let me say I wish both the very best.

Now...from what I have seen first hand, what I have heard from those around the program, and what I've heard from the boys is all about what I expected. We are solid upfront on both sides of the ball, no big imposing kids, or stand out kids, but a solid group across the board upfront. The QB is bigger, faster, smarter, and more experienced, as are the WRs and that shows in their chemistry. The LBs look like a good group that's goina suprise some people and the secondary is a little ahead of where I expected them to be.

That being said...we look like a team that could take some losses in the regular season but will be very much capable of making a run in the playoffs. Our biggest issue this year, unsurprisingly, is quality depth. Our numbers arent bad for a 1A school, but the quality depth isnt there like it has been in years past. I look for us to take a few lumps in the middle of the schedule, but will be just fine come playoff time to make a run. Just my 2 cents neway.
Scotty Scotty Scotty you called be a big mouth that’s so hurtful, little debbies biggest supporter salmons must not be working the boys very hard I seen a few of them last night at Irontons midnight madness until about 1am better get on them
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Scotty Scotty Scotty you called be a big mouth that’s so hurtful, little debbies biggest supporter salmons must not be working the boys very hard I seen a few of them last night at Irontons midnight madness until about 1am better get on them

That’s called supporting your teammates!! Once a Ram always a Ram
RAMDAD50 Wrote:That’s called supporting your teammates!! Once a Ram always a Ram

Don’t you curse at me
RAMDAD50 Wrote:That’s called supporting your teammates!! Once a Ram always a Ram

And I know you like the little Debbie joke
anotherfootballnut Wrote:And I know you like the little Debbie joke

I did but I can’t call another man fat!! I’m in the club...I may be the president! And I hate Debbie...she’s a bitch!! I love her!! I hate her!! I ate her
I disagree I’m fat too so that allows you to call others that
Looking at Racelands schedule today I think they will go 6-4 regular season , that’s with them beating Portsmouth west and Lawrence co I don’t know what either of those two teams return
Hey I'm with u nut. A fat man has all rights reserved to call another man fat!!! We love u guys and wish u all nothin but the best across the pond!
And btw nut. I damn straight called u a big mouth bahahahaba
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Looking at Racelands schedule today I think they will go 6-4 regular season , that’s with them beating Portsmouth west and Lawrence co I don’t know what either of those two teams return

Raceland will be good. Athletes all over the field.

Doesn’t mean a whole lot (because football is played in pads with kids hitting each other” but Lawrence County beat Raceland twice in 7 on 7 games a few weeks back. Lawrence County lost Noah West who was a stud but people who’s been around the program a lot longer then I have believe LC will be quite a bit better this year then they were last. I guess time will tell.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:Raceland will be good. Athletes all over the field.

Doesn’t mean a whole lot (because football is played in pads with kids hitting each other” but Lawrence County beat Raceland twice in 7 on 7 games a few weeks back. Lawrence County lost Noah West who was a stud but people who’s been around the program a lot longer then I have believe LC will be quite a bit better this year then they were last. I guess time will tell.

Might as well cancel the Lawrence County and Raceland game then because the 7 on 7 Gods have spoken.