Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. Open?
Sizemore bringing any assistants with him?
Who did Smith have as assistants?
He’s bringing one with him, but haven’t heard the name.
Coach Sizemore will have bell county in the top 5 by January 2020 marked it down Confusedhh: Go South TongueirateSho
I sure hope so! Top 5 would be incredible considering where we have been lately.
Top 5 of what? 13th region.
four quarters Wrote:Top 5 of what? 13th region.

Pretty sure this is a basketball thread :biglmao:
Okay. Clay, Whitley, North, Harlan co then maybe Bell.
South and KC will be in top five
Whitley lost four starters. Harlan County not there at this point either.
Corbin and W-burg are probably ahead of anyone in the 52nd going into the year.
50th you mean. I know they lost kids this year, but I’m talking about the ones coming up for 2020, the feeder programs. All A don’t have feeder programs, middle school kids coming up is all.
No, I meant Corbin, W-burg, South and KC are ahead of Bell County or Harlan County or anyone in the 52nd, at least going into the summer
NL? Don’t count out Middlesboro and Morris. Good coach regardless of talent. Akal isn’t far behind. 52nd will be competitive the next few years. Harlan may have the next Sheppard at Harlan, but may transfer to Harlan County school.
You listed Bell and HCHS. I wasn't counting out Middlesboro or Harlan. They are all pretty close in the 52nd.
Clay, South, North, KC and W-Burg or Corbin were my top five going into the summer.
four quarters Wrote:Harlan may have the next Sheppard at Harlan, but may transfer to Harlan County school.

Akal is a year ahead of Sheppard. He is already one of the top players in the region. His dad is coaching at Harlan, so I don't expect him to be anywhere else.
Harlan city has an 8th grader who could end up at either Harlan school. Will be very interesting on destination.
Oh, OK. He's at Rosspoint now in the 7th grade.
I really don't understand what the excitement for Bell is! This guy has had the best player in Laurel County History and South has owned them. He has had a whole bunch of talent and ran off a lot also. I just do not understand all the hoopla. But anyways you can have him.
I understand that, I think the excitement is that they got rid of Smith. Sizemore does have a good resume because of his talent on his teams, but he does have some talent coming up.
I don’t think NL really is that upset that he left unless kids leave because of him leaving. It’s sort of going to be like Memphis and Penny Hardaway. The talent is there, but can you coach it?
Pussell Gut Wrote:I really don't understand what the excitement for Bell is! This guy has had the best player in Laurel County History and South has owned them. He has had a whole bunch of talent and ran off a lot also. I just do not understand all the hoopla. But anyways you can have him.

I don't understand it from the Bell standpoint, but the great majority of us at NL are beyond happy that he left cause our administration sure wasn't about to get rid of him
They see his record and think he can coach. 1 region and a couple of districts in I think about eight or nine seasons. Pretty sad with the talent that he has coached.
Why was administration wanting to keep him so bad? Anyone could have won with that team.
To get rid of Smith is the excitement. I agree with most that has been posted, but try to have Smith coach your team and you will have a whole new perspective on frustration. His departure was celebrated by all.
go back and look at posts on this website .. most had north in the 5-7 range last year with clay top 3 .. north wins district beats who most had chosen to win region in the semi's and now the guy can't coach .. good one
Wonderful hire for Bell. I coherently understand Bell is a football school but this is a good hire and it will ultimately prove itself out.
North Laurel had to win district. No competition except Clay County and they shot 3 free throws in that game.
My take on Brad is this. Winning the region in his first year at North, which was really a fluke because that was one of his weaker teams, everything played out just right that year for them to win it, actually hurt him, because all of a sudden folks started thinking here's this whiz kid of a young coach. Then I thought he totally mishandled the Broughton years, because he would not go away from his 6-9 center who just killed them during that stretch, when he had guys on the bench (or by then at other schools), that would have allowed him to play a racehorse style that would have been much more effective. Now, to be fair the last two years I think he's shown some growth, finally played the way the talent he had on hand dictated. Players leaving the program absolutely was an issue here, but at Bell I suspect the issue will just be getting enough decent guys to play. So, overall for Bell I would say you've upgraded your situation and you will enjoy basketball a little more, but you've not made yourself into a regional contender.
A Lot of his record is padded with playing redbird and OBI and Jackson County all those years. Plus several years he scheduled really soft. GO J.R.!
That seems fair except I don’t like diminishing his Region championship. Anytime you win a region that is a great accomplishment. But I think everyone believes we now have a better coach than the last one.