Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
13.64%
Pikeville
86.36%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Pikeville 11/23
Patriot1 Wrote:While you guys are going at it Doc and I are going to set back enjoy this thanksgiving dinner and know we get to watch the two schools we support play a football game the next day so you guys have at it and will we enjoy it but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

This is our 4th Thanksgiving practice and breakfast in the past 6 years. I like it and hope it continues for a while. Smile
Hells bells this all escalated quickly!!! I love it!!! I have always had huge respect for coach Mac and his staff and he always has a classy group of kids that play with grit and fire, but do it in the right way. With all the back and forth on this msg board, you would think these teams played each other every week lol. But this game is always a fun one to watch, something about these two programs bring out the best in each other. Idk that I've watched a game between these two that I didnt walk away impressed with the way both squads handled themselves. This is goina be a tall task for the Rams, no doubt. But if we can establish a consistent run game, we have a shot. But we have to be productive offensively and avoid big plays defensively and on that side of the ball, for god sake we better contain and wrap up when the pocket breaks down. Pikeville QB honestly looks better without pass protection, his vision is pretty remarkable. This game comes down to Racelands def making Pikeville earn their scores.
sidelinedoc Wrote:I’m just happy you know what inept means. LOL

I'm not a doctor or anything but my Uncle Ed got shot out of a cannon once.
MountainSports Wrote:The Panthers get revenge. But I'm not buying they are better than beechwood, pikeville has not beat a team better than kenton.

So?
sidelinedoc Wrote:^ classy.
Hey thats my line i use against the ram posters!
MountainSports Wrote:The Panthers get revenge. But I'm not buying they are better than beechwood, pikeville has not beat a team better than kenton.
And if frogs had wings, they wouldn’t bump their a@@ every time they jumped. What’s the point on this? Beechwood beat Simon Kenton? Good for them. We will just play one game at a time. Only thing we are worried about is the game in front of us, otherwise we can’t get to Kroger in order to play the Northern Kentucky version of the Patriots. Saw in that “other” site where one of their posters said “Seriously, is there even a team in 1A that can stay within 3 scores of Beechwood?” We will cross that bridge IF we are fortunate to win this week.

Until then, Beechwood don’t even need to be on this thread. It’s Pikeville and Raceland. That’s the ONLY thing.
My assessment of this game: I know everyone is waiting on pins and needles for this so I won't make you wait.

Pikeville's defense is at worst level with Paintsville and being conservative I would say Pikeville's secondary is the best in 1A. Pikeville's offense is just remarkable. They do so many things at a high level. I'm most impressed with their 12-17 yard passing game. You don't see that often in high school.
I know Raceland will put up a worthy challenge but I don't see them scoring enough points and will find themselves having to do things they aren't comfortable with doing to try to stay in the game. Pikeville goes into the half up 21-0 and holds that lead. 35-8
Bottom line, congratulations to Raceland on a great season. Pikeville rolls to state

Pikeville-42
Raceland-7
KettleKorn Wrote:Not gonna be close.
Pikeville 49
Raceland 14
Bold statement but I truly do not think that if you matched Raceland’s 11 vs Pikeville’s 11 both O and D Pikeville outmatches the rams across the board.

Just like they did last year
Rams by Eleventy-Billion!!!!
Rams always have the fastest kids on the field. Panthers better hit that riverbank hill this week just to try to keep up
Micro-Brew Wrote:Rams always have the fastest kids on the field. Panthers better hit that riverbank hill this week just to try to keep up

You must not have watched the state title game last year, because Raceland clearly did not have the fastest kids on the field.
Pikeville will win this game by at least 2TDs.
Micro-Brew Wrote:Rams by Eleventy-Billion!!!!

Stop stealing my material.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:You must not have watched the state title game last year, because Raceland clearly did not have the fastest kids on the field.
Pikeville will win this game by at least 2TDs.

Hillbilly must be drinking that mountain moonshine!
FootballGuy Wrote:Hillbilly must be drinking that mountain moonshine!

Really? The state finals was a 41-0 beatdown, and Raceland had 27 yards of offense, so please enlighten me on that great Raceland speed.
This thread is getting interesting now I am going to wait until Friday night and make my prediction say about 10:30, haha
bigcat95 Wrote:Bottom line, congratulations to Raceland on a great season. Pikeville rolls to state

Pikeville-42
Raceland-7

Have we met? 😜
Panthers by 14.
Officials are assigned from outside each teams region during playoffs. Usually a game like this gets a State Championship crew. Last years did.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Just like they did last year

Good point! Only difference is it’s @ Pikeville and there are none of those GOD AWEFUL horns lol
KettleKorn Wrote:Good point! Only difference is it’s @ Pikeville and there are none of those GOD AWEFUL horns lol
I know they have cowbells, but maybe should consider unretiring the old airhorns they blasted after TDs several years ago. Just for this game. Lol.
PHSForever Wrote:And if frogs had wings, they wouldn’t bump their a@@ every time they jumped. What’s the point on this? Beechwood beat Simon Kenton? Good for them. We will just play one game at a time. Only thing we are worried about is the game in front of us, otherwise we can’t get to Kroger in order to play the Northern Kentucky version of the Patriots. Saw in that “other” site where one of their posters said “Seriously, is there even a team in 1A that can stay within 3 scores of Beechwood?” We will cross that bridge IF we are fortunate to win this week.

Until then, Beechwood don’t even need to be on this thread. It’s Pikeville and Raceland. That’s the ONLY thing.

You're buddy PHS2000 is the one that brought Beechwood up. Lol
MountainSports Wrote:You're buddy PHS2000 is the one that brought Beechwood up. Lol

I can handle being called a lot of things but you Sir have crossed a line with calling me Jet’s buddy. Thems fighting words!
KettleKorn Wrote:Good point! Only difference is it’s @ Pikeville and there are none of those GOD AWEFUL horns lol

We are bringing them with us!
At least they’ll be full for next year. 😂
MountainSports Wrote:You're buddy PHS2000 is the one that brought Beechwood up. Lol
He's a Paintsville fan. Easy to get confused tho, since they aspire to be us. LOL!! Just kidding, Tiger fans. Put away the tar and pitchforks.
PHSForever Wrote:He's a Paintsville fan. Easy to get confused tho, since they aspire to be us. LOL!! Just kidding, Tiger fans. Put away the tar and pitchforks.

No No Forever, everyone comes in the MAROON Stadium wearing orange gets tar and feathered. Especially RAM-A-Devil on Friday night
zebra'seyes Wrote:Officials are assigned from outside each teams region during playoffs. Usually a game like this gets a State Championship crew. Last years did.

Hopefully it is the same crew from last year so Raceland has a fighting chance ✌🏼
If the Raceland team that showed up on the first half against Ashland and in the game against Somerset shows up then I like our chances. Defensively I think we will hold our own but we have to put points on the board. Hopefully I’m wrong but I’m not sure if we have the offensive firepower that will be necessary to go point for point with the Panthers. We have struggled all year offensively against teams that we are evenly matched with or who are slightly better than us. If the Rams are going to have a shot this week then I think we need to score at least 28 points and have long drives that keep the Pikeville offense on the sideline.
Orange Blaze Wrote:If the Raceland team that showed up on the first half against Ashland and in the game against Somerset shows up then I like our chances. Defensively I think we will hold our own but we have to put points on the board. Hopefully I’m wrong but I’m not sure if we have the offensive firepower that will be necessary to go point for point with the Panthers. We have struggled all year offensively against teams that we are evenly matched with or who are slightly better than us. If the Rams are going to have a shot this week then I think we need to score at least 28 points and have long drives that keep the Pikeville offense on the sideline.
Interesting analysis (seriously) that made me go and check some stats out;

Raceland scored 28 or more points this year against the following teams on their schedule: Lawrence County, West Carter, Lucasville Valley, Fairview, Bishop Brossart, and Paris.

Raceland allowed 28 points or more only to Lucasville Valley. That's it

Pikeville was held to 28 points or less by: Belfry (21 points). That's it. Scored 28 or more in every single game this year.

Pikeville allowed 28 points or more to only Belfry and Point Pleasant
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next