Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 47 Pulaski County 20
Hound05 Wrote:Maybe BG. But Cov Cath. NOPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Not maybe Bowling Green either. :Shaking::dontthink
Hound05 Wrote:I’ll go ahead and answer that. They wouldn’t get within 25 points this year.

2) I don’t know. And we don’t. Hahah

You are turning into 55.
All I’m saying is that they may not win but they are at least in the same ballpark as Boyle and Corbin. The statement was made about recent success against Corbin and also that they would get running clocked.
Kywarrior14 Wrote:All I’m saying is that they may not win but they are at least in the same ballpark as Boyle and Corbin. The statement was made about recent success against Corbin and also that they would get running clocked.

SW is getting better and there is no question headed in the right direction. Coach French is a great coach.

Good luck!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Boyle isnt looking as good as Corbin or Central and maybe Lex Cath.

And none of those teams are beating Bowling Green, South Warren, or Cov Cath

Boyle looks pretty damn good to me. I'm not sure what kind of TV or PC you're watching from? Albeit I haven't saw Bowling Green play myself.
Boyle is averaging 40 points and giving up 15 a game and we've played a couple of pretty good (big/fast) teams and a decent team.

I like where we are and we get a few games to tighten things up before for LexCath.
smoke1015 Wrote:Boyle looks pretty damn good to me. I'm not sure what kind of TV or PC you're watching from? Albeit I haven't saw Bowling Green play myself.

Boyle is good. Nobody said they weren't.

They just aren't capable of beating those teams.
Good news is they dont have to.
Cov cath, no. But BG and warren id say there is a chance.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Boyle is good. Nobody said they weren't.

They just aren't capable of beating those teams.
Good news is they dont have to.

Not capable? You're dreaming.

How many of those teams have 4/5 D1 kids? 😜

Honestly, (especially next season) if you don't think Boyle couldn't compete with BG and CovCath you don't know football.

I think we'd have given CovCath all they wanted last season.
Don’t Disagree with FoSho much... but you are really goin our on a limb alone here bud. Boyle was great last year, beat our tail. Most likely will be just as good this year. But BG, and CC are better. CC would have beat you bad...
Back to the thread... I was really surprised at this Game. Pulaski has too much size, potential, and talent to be as bad as they are. What is the deal?
bcpc Wrote:Back to the thread... I was really surprised at this Game. Pulaski has too much size, potential, and talent to be as bad as they are. What is the deal?

They do have a lot of size. Saw them after the SW/Jeffersonville, In game. Geez they have some big guys walking around. Then snap the ball and sling it around everywhere while the big guys stand there. I'm not a 3 yards and cloud of dust guy but it's puzzling. I mean their coaches know more than I do but I don't know. Rivalry's are a funny thing. Danville up on Boyle 14-0 after 1 qtr last week, but I hope SW hangs 50 on them again.
bcpc Wrote:Don’t Disagree with FoSho much... but you are really goin our on a limb alone here bud. Boyle was great last year, beat our tail. Most likely will be just as good this year. But BG, and CC are better. CC would have beat you bad...

I watched the 5A title game and did not feel like they would beat us at all. Their lines weren't big especially their DL. They didn't have as much speed as us. They had a great QB and offense but I just didn't see where they would "beat us bad"?

But we'll never know.
bcpc Wrote:Back to the thread... I was really surprised at this Game. Pulaski has too much size, potential, and talent to be as bad as they are. What is the deal?

Be careful, I said this not too long ago and got ripped.

Lol

True. Did they lose practice time from the coaching process this yr?
How experienced is Corbin?
How was the weather Friday?
KarnivalKat Wrote:True. Did they lose practice time from the coaching process this yr?
How experienced is Corbin?
How was the weather Friday?

1-I have family at Pulaski and they still was business as usual during coaching situation. In my view, which I am no football guru, but Pulaski looked one dimensional total abandoned running game. Cox should have had more touches at rb, but they panicked and went to the air to much.
2-Corbin senior group has only two losses as a group since middle school beechwood and Boyle. So very experienced as a unit. This team is better than last year, I would say three scores on offense and one stop better on defense. The proof will be in the pudding and Beechwood will be a good measuring stick to start with come Friday. Plus the coaches are really pushing this group to get better daily, they have a group of kids that are extremely coachable and this staff is getting every bit of it out of them. This good at week three it will be scary how good they will be by playoffs if they stay injury free.
3-Rained all game, like pouring water out of a bucket.
FoSho Wrote:Be careful, I said this not too long ago and got ripped.

Lol

Fosho you going to make it down to watch jv game today.
a lot going on behind the scenes at PC, many people thought PC had gotten rid of a big problem at the HC position at PC but he was allowed to come back and its a mess. Before anyone starts with he won state-anyone could have with that bunch of kids. Hines is one system and if the players don't fit that system its all over. Friday against Corbin PC ran two run plays and eight pass plays. Hines did not want to compete. We have big backs one which has been moved to defense full time and we cant adjust on offense or defense. PC will lost kids after the season
a lot going on behind the scenes at PC, many people thought PC had gotten rid of a big problem at the HC position at PC but he was allowed to come back and its a mess. Before anyone starts with he won state-anyone could have with that bunch of kids. Hines is one system and if the players don't fit that system its all over. Friday against Corbin PC ran two run plays and eight pass plays. Hines did not want to compete. We have big backs one which has been moved to defense full time and we cant adjust on offense or defense. PC will lost kids after the season
maroon old school Wrote:a lot going on behind the scenes at PC, many people thought PC had gotten rid of a big problem at the HC position at PC but he was allowed to come back and its a mess. Before anyone starts with he won state-anyone could have with that bunch of kids. Hines is one system and if the players don't fit that system its all over. Friday against Corbin PC ran two run plays and eight pass plays. Hines did not want to compete. We have big backs one which has been moved to defense full time and we cant adjust on offense or defense. PC will lost kids after the season

Ahhh a majority of HS coaches, including some really good ones won’t adapt to the personnel. They’ll adapt the personnel to the system. Some can do it, some can’t. You can’t tell me that with all the talent that’s came through belfry, they’ve not had one QB and some WR’s that would make it more beneficial to throw more than run? They’ve had to! But Haywood molded them to his system and it worked. Several of corbins old teams through the early 2000’s on had some gifted WR’s. But we ran it left, right, and middle. It until we were outmatched.
maroon old school Wrote:a lot going on behind the scenes at PC, many people thought PC had gotten rid of a big problem at the HC position at PC but he was allowed to come back and its a mess. Before anyone starts with he won state-anyone could have with that bunch of kids. Hines is one system and if the players don't fit that system its all over. Friday against Corbin PC ran two run plays and eight pass plays. Hines did not want to compete. We have big backs one which has been moved to defense full time and we cant adjust on offense or defense. PC will lost kids after the season

Trouble by beautiful Maroons Creek?
I have been hearing this for several years. There have been families seeking other opportunities for their kids.
Corbin is really good. They are very well-coached and their players always play hard. This year and last year is probably the best Corbin has been in 20 or 30 years?
ArJay Wrote:Corbin is really good. They are very well-coached and their players always play hard. This year and last year is probably the best Corbin has been in 20 or 30 years?

Record and result wise. Yes. Talent wise.... I dunno. A lot of very gifted athletes have came through in the past and been “wasted” on 1980s power run offenses.
ArJay Wrote:Corbin is really good. They are very well-coached and their players always play hard. This year and last year is probably the best Corbin has been in 20 or 30 years?

I think they’re up there with any teams as far as talent goes, but there has been some other really talented teams come through in the last 30 years. I think the biggest difference is that these kids are being put in the best position to succeed. The great thing about the spread offense is that it can adapt to your talent. I think that in previous years talent was forced to fit the mold of what scheme Corbin ran.
I hate to hear these things about Pulaski. #1 No not just anyone could coach the 14 team to a title. Those people have no idea what coaching is apparently. #2 behind the scenes grumbling and backstabbing if its going on is what is causing the program to dip not Johnny . He is proven over a long period of time. That creates a lot of jealousy and entitlement in people. Its a shame.
Hound05 Wrote:Record and result wise. Yes. Talent wise.... I dunno. A lot of very gifted athletes have came through in the past and been “wasted” on 1980s power run offenses.

That is why I say best team and not best talent. Corbin has had a lot of talent before, but now they have an excellent coaching staff in place. What other staff has 4 former successful head coaches as assistants? When you have those combinations along with great talent this is what you get. Hopefully the Bobcats can give you a game though!
Iam4thecats Wrote:I hate to hear these things about Pulaski. #1 No not just anyone could coach the 14 team to a title. Those people have no idea what coaching is apparently. #2 behind the scenes grumbling and backstabbing if its going on is what is causing the program to dip not Johnny . He is proven over a long period of time. That creates a lot of jealousy and entitlement in people. Its a shame.

From what I hear it's 100% Johnny. I'm not going to get into it any further than that.
FoSho Wrote:From what I hear it's 100% Johnny. I'm not going to get into it any further than that.

Since you quoted me I'll respond. I didn't make it clear enough in my first post. What people hear and what parents say mean zero to me in my evaluation of Johnny Hines. He can coach and he knows what he's doing. He has a proven track record that none of the people talking or "hearing" have. If the parents want something different they may cause the downfall of the program and get something different because that's the world we live in but Johnny is a state championship coach that didn't forget how to coach and how it was done. If anything coaches get better for the most part every year until their physical energy just runs out. If the parents and the kids of the current team had the same commitment level of the past teams they would be getting similar results.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Since you quoted me I'll respond. I didn't make it clear enough in my first post. What people hear and what parents say mean zero to me in my evaluation of Johnny Hines. He can coach and he knows what he's doing. He has a proven track record that none of the people talking or "hearing" have. If the parents want something different they may cause the downfall of the program and get something different because that's the world we live in but Johnny is a state championship coach that didn't forget how to coach and how it was done. If anything coaches get better for the most part every year until their physical energy just runs out. If the parents and the kids of the current team had the same commitment level of the past teams they would be getting similar results.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but this off season is going to be very interesting.