•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County
BoyleCo Wrote:I hope Boyle stays in 3A. 4A is loaded. Not that Boyle wouldn't do well and possibly win but it would definitely be a harder road.

Also, Boyle's 2019 class is so-so, their 2020 class is phenomenal, and their 2021 class is only average overall. I think the next 2 years are great with 2019 the super year and then a huge drop off. Well, not huge but big.

The next 6/7 years will see Boyle Co at or near the top of 3A or 4A. Where they play is irrelevant because the talent and coaching is there.
FoSho Wrote:The next 6/7 years will see Boyle Co at or near the top of 3A or 4A. Where they play is irrelevant because the talent and coaching is there.
Boyle won a state title in 2017 for the first time in 7 years. It was also the first time in 4 years they won a district or regional championship. I'm sure they will be good, but they will have to do it more than just 1 year to prove they are the turn of the century Rebel juggernaut.
Thunder Lips Wrote:Boyle won a state title in 2017 for the first time in 7 years. It was also the first time in 4 years they won a district or regional championship. I'm sure they will be good, but they will have to do it more than just 1 year to prove they are the turn of the century Rebel juggernaut.

Fair enough.

Get your popcorn ready.

😬
Spring Practice starts Monday.....going to be an extremely fun year. I can hardly wait!!

Who ya with? 😎
What a fabulous spring day for first day of spring practice. Talked to my son and he said the weather was brutal but they did what they do, hung in there, and flight through. Crazy thing is second day is gonna be around 60 degrees and third tips off at 73.
BCHSrebs Wrote:What a fabulous spring day for first day of spring practice. Talked to my son and he said the weather was brutal but they did what they do, hung in there, and flight through. Crazy thing is second day is gonna be around 60 degrees and third tips off at 73.

Typical KY Spring weather. 😎
It's kinda like life, many many curve balls and unexpecteds. We all just deal with em, do what we have to, and look for the light!!
Guess we are practicing in April for what we may deal with in December.
Practice is going well......today was an offense day.

OL is getting worked hard and several are getting a chance to show what they're capable of doing. There is some size but outside of a few kids there is very little experience.

QB Reed Lanter (2020) seems to be having a really good start to practice. He's gained a lot of weight and arm strength. Backup Grant Hotchkiss (2020) is at baseball.

RB position has 3 guys getting reps: Tanner Crawford (2019), Will McDaniel (2021) has put on some weight too and Andrew Socco (2020). Landon Bartleson (2020) is at track.

TE/WR is pretty thin with Reiley Colwick (2020), EZ Roller (2020), Hayden Bottoms (2020) looks like a different kid out there at his size and Noah Mayes (2020) getting most of the balls. Reese Smith (2020) is at track.

Defense day is Friday...I'll try and get a peek at them tomorrow. But the Defense is going to be stout.
The defense is going to be ridiculous. And that's all I have to say about that.
The Defense! https://giphy.com/gifs/xT9DPhONuz1SpCONiM/html5
Rebel55 Wrote:The Defense! https://giphy.com/gifs/xT9DPhONuz1SpCONiM/html5

As good as last years?
Hatz Wrote:As good as last years?

Yes without a doubt!
Will be better than last year. Ridiculous.
Wow! Thought they had a very good defense last year.
Hatz Wrote:Wow! Thought they had a very good defense last year.

This is the bottom line.

If the OL gets squared away Boyle will be SCARY GOOD. The key is getting good enough OL play to avoid kids going both ways. Worst case scenario is we have to have some linemen playing O and D....I say "worst case" but that would put our best talent on the field all game. The goal is to not have to do that to preserve the health of those kids. Every other aspect of the 2018 Rebels is extremely high caliber.

I have 100% faith that our staff and kids will figure this out in plenty of time to make a legit run at 15-0 and Title #9.
They did have a VERY good defense last year but have watched them this year. They are freakishly good! We need the O line to step up and have time for the teaching and learning and am sure we will be there with the coaching staff we have. Outside of O line, these kids can ball. We get O line squared away this year is gonna be a fun ride.
Hatz I was trying to copy your comment and clearly suck at that but what I said was in response to that.
Spring Game saw the offense win a close game vs the defense. That being said, several kids switched sides throughout the game and many kids made some nice plays.

Gunna be a fun year.
Boyle has a new assistant coach. Travis Leffew has resigned as the head coach at Lincoln County and will be coaching and teaching in Boyle next year.
This is a great hire for the Rebels. Travis a former all state performer at Boyle is a very good coach and I know he is happy to be back home.
backcountry Wrote:Boyle has a new assistant coach. Travis Leffew has resigned as the head coach at Lincoln County and will be coaching and teaching in Boyle next year.
This is a great hire for the Rebels. Travis a former all state performer at Boyle is a very good coach and I know he is happy to be back home.

And AA at Louisville and had a short stint in the NFL. :Thumbs:
Welcome aboard Coach!!

The rich get richer.
FoSho Wrote:Welcome aboard Coach!!

The rich get richer.

Too bad their staff just can't compare to Corbin's. Confusednicker:
Any news on who Boyle will be scheduling in 19/20? Should be very good boyle teams those years.
Hatz Wrote:Too bad their staff just can't compare to Corbin's. Confusednicker:

Nobody can argue that Boyle has a great head coach, and a class act in chuck smith. The staff as a whole is another story. That staff showed what they were worth when Chuck Smith left the last time. 6-6 the second season after he left. They had to bring in an outsider to win a title without smith. If chuck smith left today, Boyle would be in second place in their district within three seasons.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Nobody can argue that Boyle has a great head coach, and a class act in chuck smith. The staff as a whole is another story. That staff showed what they were worth when Chuck Smith left the last time. 6-6 the second season after he left. They had to bring in an outsider to win a title without smith. If chuck smith left today, Boyle would be in second place in their district within three seasons.

This is ridiculous....the Boyle Staff is one of the top 3-4 in the state. PERIOD.
FoSho Wrote:This is ridiculous....the Boyle Staff is one of the top 3-4 in the state. PERIOD.

History doesn’t lie buddy. If Larry French hadn’t come in, there would be one less state title in title town. The year after Chuck Smith leaves Boyle will fall off again, unless someone else is brought in to lead the program.
FoSho Wrote:This is ridiculous....the Boyle Staff is one of the top 3-4 in the state. PERIOD.
IMO- shouldn't make a statement like that- no one has a clue who the top 3-4 coaching staff in the state are and absolutely no way to find out

Boyle just barley beat E-town last year and lost to Danville people on here acting like they are
the next coming of the New England Patriots, I respect there Coaching staff an d what they have done, but man they are not world beaters
Single Wing 77 Wrote:History doesn’t lie buddy. If Larry French hadn’t come in, there would be one less state title in title town. The year after Chuck Smith leaves Boyle will fall off again, unless someone else is brought in to lead the program.

Larry won 2 if you want to have facts on your side. The talent dipped just as Pardue was taking over. I know because I coached against them at that time and we finally beat them. Pardue, Hester, and Mason were there for all of Chucks titles and all of Larrys and are about as good a group of top assistants as this state has ever seen.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:History doesn’t lie buddy. If Larry French hadn’t come in, there would be one less state title in title town. The year after Chuck Smith leaves Boyle will fall off again, unless someone else is brought in to lead the program.

You also seem to be under the false assumption that you have to be a championship head coach to be a great assistant. These are not the same thing and have been proven historically so.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next