Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 4A Semi-State Johnson Central @ Wayne County 11/24
GoogleMaps is showing 176 miles and a 3 hours & 13 minute trip from JC to Wayne County.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
#1 Wayne is at home
#2 they have played before so the game will not be a shock for them either with the semi final stage or the style and physicality of Johnson Central
#3 I hear that Wayne platoons their team which is a big deal at this level.
I am rooting for Wayne with my heart. Head says JC by 7
pjdoug Wrote:Wayne County 28-14 .

What happened to the Golden cat's?
Wayne co. 21

Johnson co. 66
Wayne has an extremely dangerous and experienced QB in Linsey. Pressuring him will be the key. I can’t predict this game; I just know it should be a battle.
Mr.Clean Wrote:Wayne co. 21

Johnson co. 66

Who's Johnson co.?
With Cody Rice back, I just see no way that Wayne has made up 50 points on JC since last year. JC by three TD's.
Come on pulp you gotta quit shining that state championship trophy and get out more. When Paintsville and Johnson Central consolidated this past weekend it formed Johnson County. Don't you get the newspaper?
Willie Turnover Wrote:Come on pulp you gotta quit shining that state championship trophy and get out more. When Paintsville and Johnson Central consolidated this past weekend it formed Johnson County. Don't you get the newspaper?

Can somebody please underline the comedic part of this post......
Bob Seger Wrote:It was just a joke...

I can't ever remember being in Wayne Co.

I've been to a Bob Seger concert, and didn't see you there Confusednicker:
Mr.Clean Wrote:What happened to the Golden cat's?

what? :happysmile:
Wayne is much improved on the offensive side of the ball from last yr and Johnson Central defense is good but not great like last yr team, Should be a great game both are very good football teams,.
pjdoug Wrote:I've been to a Bob Seger concert, and didn't see you there Confusednicker:

I was the really cool guy with the long silky locks and the golden voice.
Bob Seger Wrote:I was the really cool guy with the long silky locks and the golden voice.

You was probably down on main street singing old time rock -n- roll.
Cardfan1 Wrote:I love this post joking or not. 15 years ago Wayne County was the team you invited to homecoming. Today we are in the semi-state for the 4th time in 5 years, and district rivals wish we were somewhere else.

Hard not to be proud of this program, coaches, players, and fans! Confusedinglepar

ROLLCARDS!
You are exactly right. Wayne has every right to be proud of the program. Coach Thompson and staff has done an incredible job. Wish you guys the best Friday night.
I’m going with Wayne... 35-27
pjdoug Wrote:You was probably down on main street singing old time rock -n- roll.

Or in Katmandu.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Come on pulp you gotta quit shining that state championship trophy and get out more. When Paintsville and Johnson Central consolidated this past weekend it formed Johnson County. Don't you get the newspaper?

Pulp Fiction Wrote:Can somebody please underline the comedic part of this post......

:welcome:
Got to pull for Wayne County, simply because Coach Thompson has taken a traditional basketball school and made it a football power. Hoping Coach Sizemore can follow his blueprint at Clay County!
Diogenes Wrote:Wayne has an extremely dangerous and experienced QB in Linsey. Pressuring him will be the key. I can’t predict this game; I just know it should be a battle.
I agree.
He is very difficult to pressure. Gets out of the pocket and buys a lot of time with his feet. He also will pull it down and run effectively. He is a tough guy to defend. Very experienced receiver core as well.
pjdoug Wrote:When I go to Monticello I see mountains in the background.

That's good to hear. When I go to Jc I see mountains all around them not just in background.
oldschool77 Wrote:You are exactly right. Wayne has every right to be proud of the program. Coach Thompson and staff has done an incredible job. Wish you guys the best Friday night.

Wayne county really has come a long ways in football. They should be proud.
Bob Seger Wrote::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

Sooomebodies touchhhhy!!!!

Meaningless? yep, with your schedule so booked up with important things you no doubt just really really felt that you JUST HAD to hack your disdain for good ole' JCHS....Confusednicker:

Don't feel too bad though,the whole city of ASH-land is just like you, and cant get over the fact that once again, and I repeat, once again, that Jim Matney & Co. thwarted the once proud and mighty Tomcats to further depths of obscurity to those glory days of yester year. Don't worry though, next year is "THE YEAR". :biggrin:

Don't take it personal my friend, there is no doubt in my eyes that you are one really bad dude.:rockon:

I'm still waiting to see what exactly I have to do with Ashland??? I mean I'm sure you know more about it than I do but just curious. Not from there nor do I live anywhere near there. Also, I don't have any sort of connection with the program. I'll wait.
Coach Thompson will have his guys ready for a fight. Wayne by 10. Last years game has been removed from there mind. It’s a new year.
This will be an outstanding contest. I dread the drive to Monticello, but I am so happy to be making it. JC fans better get there early if they want to find a seat...not much room on the visitor sidelines. I will say that the administration, staff, and Athletic Director are some of the nicest, most accommodating individuals I have ever dealt with.

With that being said...

JC 43
WC 42 OT
Snow Wrote:That's good to hear. When I go to Jc I see mountains all around them not just in background.

all around is background :happytear:
It’s game day, go Johnson Central get a win. Have a safe trip down and hope for an injury free game for both teams
Anybody streaming this game?
Most of the time on the game is streamed on Wayne County schools web page. No promises.
Safe travels for everybody driving down to Monticello. Let’s go Golden Eagles!