Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 56 Shelby Valley 48
Two good teams here. Hazard won! Both teams were off tonight. But still an exciting game. After watching I think Valley probably is the better team, but hazard is right there and played hard tonight.
Congrats Hazard, SV has a nice team, but they were about as over rated as Ohio State!
now i don't know about that if hazard had killed them i probably would agree with you but since it was close i think that they may have been a little overated through
Congratulations Bulldogs!!!!!

Good Game, Sv!!
Congrats Hazard !!! :thumpsup:
When does Shelby Valley play next?
i think its Pineville
1/10 vs. Pineville at 6:30
congrats to hazard....i thought this was a great game to spectate .... good teams still lose...but good teams learn from loses and valley is a good team and will be fine...so guys dont get down on yourselves and forget everybody that puts u down and says negative things about u.....u are the ones fighting and u are the only ones that can.. so keep up the hardwork and dont worry about outsiders and their opinions ...u guys are awesome no matter what ......
ok. honestly SV played a good game untill the 4th quarter. the defense was fair but not as good as it usually is. Yes of course hazard is a good team. But valley is undeafeated still on season games. It was just a tournament. right. Jacob bryant didnt play his best tonight, and neither did logan bryant. But their two great ball players. My opinion the ref's did call some real bad calls on both teams, but in the 4th quarter it was mainly all on valley.Of course the ref's are going to call bad calls on both teams, and yes they called bad calls on hazard too, but look what happened in the end. If you watched the game. In which i was there. Valley is still a Great team, and will still be so dont get your hope's up, thinking that just because of this one loss, it will bring them down for the rest of the season. They pull back strong. Cause valley is all about Team work. Congrats on your win hazard, but wait till next time!
Friends4life Wrote:ok. honestly SV played a good game untill the 4th quarter. the defense was fair but not as good as it usually is. Yes of course hazard is a good team. But valley is undeafeated still on season games. It was just a tournament. right. Jacob bryant didnt play his best tonight, and neither did logan bryant. But their two great ball players. My opinion the ref's did call some real bad calls on both teams, but in the 4th quarter it was mainly all on valley.Of course the ref's are going to call bad calls on both teams, and yes they called bad calls on hazard too, but look what happened in the end. If you watched the game. In which i was there. Valley is still a Great team, and will still be so dont get your hope's up, thinking that just because of this one loss, it will bring them down for the rest of the season. They pull back strong. Cause valley is all about Team work. Congrats on your win hazard, but wait till next time!
That is concidered a lose by the way. Also Hicks didnt have a good game either
BIGBLACK Wrote:1/10 vs. Pineville at 6:30

Isn't that when the 2nd tier of 1st round games are though?
alfus21 Wrote:Isn't that when the 2nd tier of 1st round games are though?
You are Correct, On KHSAA they have 2 games at 6:30 in the WYMT
yea it is considered a loss but it doesnt go against the season record, it's just a "tournament"
As a Hazard fan and there watching the game, I can tell you that this was by no means Hazard best game or best potential. It was not their "A" game but still they stepped up with the "W". Congrats to both teams and more power to both of them. Also, I thought the refs had bad calls for both sides.

KEEP IT UP DAWGS!!
Friends4life Wrote:yea it is considered a loss but it doesnt go against the season record, it's just a "tournament"
Tournament or not it still goes against your record
gamewatch Wrote:As a Hazard fan and there watching the game, I can tell you that this was by no means Hazard best game or best potential. It was not their "A" game but still they stepped up with the "W". Congrats to both teams and more power to both of them. Also, I thought the refs had bad calls for both sides.

KEEP IT UP DAWGS!!

I agree with you, I honestly dont think both teams played to their best potenial
RivalsKing Wrote:Tournament or not it still goes against your record

buddy was you even at that game?
Nope sure wasent
RivalsKing Wrote:Nope sure wasent

Then you obviously dont know all the facts then do you? I was there if you planned on asking!Confusedhh:
Obviously I do, I watched it on the Internet
Friends4life Wrote:yea it is considered a loss but it doesnt go against the season record, it's just a "tournament"

Wrong. Goes on the Record. Paintsville lost one in Florida and it is on their record. A lost game is a lost game. If that were the case, SV's Tourney wins wouldn't be on their record would it?
OffTheHook Wrote:Wrong. Goes on the Record. Paintsville lost one in Florida and it is on their record. A lost game is a lost game. If that were the case, SV's Tourney wins wouldn't be on their record would it?

alrighty. what ever you say!
RivalsKing Wrote:Obviously I do, I watched it on the Internet

oh well not a good view. Being there would have been much better!
well yea ill agree with ya on that one...anyways Scott Co is 12-1 and they lost in a tourny
This is one of those games where both sides fans come away saying, "If we had played up to our potential we would have beaten them badly", but that's what good defense does to good teams. On any given night, either of these teams could have come out the winner. I thought both teams showed a weakness in running offense tonight. I thought Hazard's defense was especially good tonight, but both teams also made quite a few unforced turnovers. I don't remember Valley being up by 17 in the game. I thought the biggest lead was 12, but I may be mistaken. Valley came out firing on all cylinders, but Hazard's defense threw a wrench in that in a hurry. Good effort by both teams. Good luck in the semis Hazard. Boys from Valley, you have nothing to hang your heads about. You were beat by a good team and the people who get on here to downgrade the team have no idea what they're talking about anyway. Most of those who are dogging you would love to be in your position, because the future is bright at SV.
If if and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas. Take the loss go on with the season, and stop whining about it.
I watched the entire game and picked Hazard from the getgo because of Hicks and his experience against the young Valley guards (in which surprised me to a certain extent because I knew how good they both were)! Nobody needs to say anything bad about either one of these 2 teams because they both are VERY GOOD BASKETBALL TEAMS! Hazard plays with such grit and never quits and it showed tonight falling down big early! Valley plays 100 MPH on offense and defense and is one of the most exciting teams to watch anywhere! Starting 3 Freshman, 1 sophomore and doing the things they are doing, shows everyone why this team does so well at the AAU state tourney every year! Valley is a big man away from being a top 15 team in the state IMO right now! Jacob Bryant is so fundamentally sound and really needs to play a 3 but when you don't have size, can kill you in the long run! I think Booher is doing an excellent job! We all knew Hazard would or could have the chance to knock off Valley, so people, quit acting like you just knocked off the immortal because in reality....The veteran Hazard team just squeeked out a win over 3 Fresh and 1 soph and the rest of the Valley team. Congrats to both teams the rest of the way as I am a 14th region fan, but like most of my posts, guess am to blunt, lol..Good Luck Hazard in the rest of the tourney and bring one home for the 14th in the YMT!
Valley was NEVER up 17 in this one! 12 was the biggest lead! Then Valley stayed at 19 points forever and Hazard clawed there way right back into it!
Just noticed that this thread had 883 views already and it isn't even9 hours over..Amazing how big this game was to the mountains...Great game to watch!