•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 Betsy Layne Bobcats
You know what they say... "Never say never"!! Hope to see you there!
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Well best of luck to ya Coach, I wanna see yall take down those Cats(panthers and tigers)and meet us in region...haha...good luck
CoachB Wrote:We have our FB, TB and QB returning, but... we are going to be running a different offense. We'll assess that when we get on the field. Look for an exciting year!
Who is your backfield you have returning fot this year?
Well OAB, once I get them all together my staff and I will go with what is best for the team. McKay was playing some FB at the end of the season. BB was the TB and Brennan was the QB. We will just have to evaluate when we get them all together. With this offense that I plan on putting in the receivers are going to get more touches hopefully than the backs, so the talent will be put where we can utilize all of their talent.
OnCeABobcat Wrote:Who is your backfield you have returning fot this year?
That sounds great coach. I knew Brennan at QB, I was just unsure about your tail back and your full back. But I'm sure all that is subject to change once the season starts, you gotta do what works best for you.... If you do get your receivers involved early and get some yards out of em, you could really spread your opponent's secondary out....IMO It would keep the defense honest putting the ball in the air, it would open up the ground game more as well in the long run, and I believe you got the weapons to make it work....
I have been talking to some colleges about this past year's seniors and they are looking at some of my juniors right now. This may affect where these young men play to put them in D-1 perspectives. WKU, has already contacted me about two or three of them. So, I am going to try to put them where they can shine brightly for thier future. And if they look good, so will the Bobcats!!! Thanks for your support!:Thumbs:
OnCeABobcat Wrote:That sounds great coach. I knew Brennan at QB, I was just unsure about your tail back and your full back. But I'm sure all that is subject to change once the season starts, you gotta do what works best for you.... If you do get your receivers involved early and get some yards out of em, you could really spread your opponent's secondary out....IMO It would keep the defense honest putting the ball in the air, it would open up the ground game more as well in the long run, and I believe you got the weapons to make it work....
Coach B, I'm just glad the Bobcats got someone as dedicated as you seem to be.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Thanks BC75. When I decided to take the job, I promised myself that I would make a difference. I feel as a coach, you have to give everything you can to these young men. Still trying to convince my wife on the time limits (ha ha), but she is coming around. There is a great deal of talent at Betsy Layne and if I can get 1/3 of the talent out there, the Bobcat fans will be pleased!
BC75 Wrote:Coach B, I'm just glad the Bobcats got someone as dedicated as you seem to be.
CoachB Wrote:P'burg, Jackson Co., Pikeville, S.F., Paintsville, A.C., Powell Co., Phelps, Jenkins and Beth Haven Academy.

I think that the bobcats have a good possibility of beating sf, ac, powell, phelps, and jenkins..Paintsville is down this year, but that would be a hard win. They dont stand a snowballs chance in hell aginst pburg or pikeville, and i cant say anything aginst beth haven academy, never heard of them. good luck bl.
I see wins over; Jackson County, South Floyd, Allen Central, Powell County, Phelps, Jenkins. Losses; Pikeville and P'burg. Paintsville and bath Haven are toss ups. I think the Bobcats will have a very Good season next year!
warriorpride Wrote:I see wins over; Jackson County, South Floyd, Allen Central, Powell County, Phelps, Jenkins. Losses; Pikeville and P'burg. Paintsville and bath Haven are toss ups. I think the Bobcats will have a very Good season next year!
I agree
I love challenges, could be one of the reasons the administration hired me at BL. I look forward to playing all of the games next year. WIN or lose, we will get better each game. Beth Haven Academy was undefeated and the 8 man national champions this year. Here is their KHSAA scoreboard: http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/riherds/kyfb6?source=riherds&did=&tid=22473&id=&action_name=
Remember, I love a good challenge!!!
CoachB Wrote:Thanks for the kind words PB%!:Thumbs:
No need to thank me Coach..You deserve every word I said because I meant it!:Thumbs:
dfblackcat53 Wrote:they need to have alot more than 12-15 working in the weightroom to have a team at all

Last time i checked you only need 11 to play. Its a luxory to have more than that. If you get 12-15 people that has been lifting all offseason and has spent all that time together than you will have a decent team. Basketball players will raise that number up some i'm sure. Good Luck Bobcats. 11 good people that is dedicated and well coached can beat 70 kids easily. Its 11 on 11 when you step on the field.
Not getting the athletes out has been Betsy Laynes problems for years as has been the same problem for Jenkins. If both of these schools could do so, would lift there program up in so many ways. Jenkins only has 65-70 boys in the entire High School as it is. And with Betsy Layne, if there basketball players would come out, it would change the entire team and there chemistry! But you play with what you got, and the thing about Coach b that I have heard and like is that he isn't going to beg any kid to play! If you have to beg....THEN YOU DON'T NEED THEM!
OnCeABobcat Wrote:If Betsy Layne can get some big boys out to run their offensive and defensive lines and open up some holes for the Blair kid and give Case some time in the backfield I don't see no reason why the Bobcats couldn't make a birth into the playoffs next season. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe they lost much. Get some of those big boys at BL to come out coach, I know they're their, and you'll be fine. Good Luck on the 2007 season, and keep up the work.
I thought BL had some pretty big boys on the line, there hard to move but slow, if they could just work at it they could have a good solid o-line d-line
Who's gonna be some of your wideouts this season? I know they're a few that are pretty quick on the hill with good hands.
I can't say definitely, but you will see many receivers on the field. The Blair boys, Walker, McKay, Jarrell, Collins, Kidd and not to mention the basketball players that are on the way after the season. We will save some for the element of surprise.:rockon:
OnCeABobcat Wrote:Who's gonna be some of your wideouts this season? I know they're a few that are pretty quick on the hill with good hands.
CoachB Wrote:I can't say definitely, but you will see many receivers on the field. The Blair boys, Walker, McKay, Jarrell, Collins, Kidd and not to mention the basketball players that are on the way after the season. We will save some for the element of surprise.:rockon:

haha Hit 'em with the sneak attack coach. :flame:
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
That'll work coach.....Keep em guessing!!!!
Has Betsy Lane ever won a district, Regional or better?
I may be wrong DW, but I think that they have never won anything like that in football. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have heard the 1996 John Derossett team went 6-4 and that may be the best record. I think in the mid to late 80's they may have beaten this record, but I can't say for sure. Give me a little time and I'll change that.:1:
DevilsWin Wrote:Has Betsy Lane ever won a district, Regional or better?
CoachB i was just wondering about how your OL and DL are going to look like this year and if u had any lineman that could be a factory in this season
I can honestly say that our line this year could possibly be one of the best that I have seen in a long time. We are returning about nine that started at least 3 games on the O-Line and four or five that started or played most of the games on the D-Line. Most are giving great dedication to the weight room. I have one or two that will make a choice shortly or have the choice made for them concerning their dedication to the program. We have 4 freshmen and an eighth grader that have been working extremely hard in the weight room, about 4-5 sophomores and 6 juniors that are working hard. Six weeks ago on lineman maxed at 225 on the bench, yesterday he maxed at 295 and he is a sophomore that started every game last year. I feel GREAT about the effort and the team that is returning.:Clap:
RiseUp Wrote:CoachB i was just wondering about how your OL and DL are going to look like this year and if u had any lineman that could be a factory in this season
All this talk about the offense what's it gonna look like on the other side of the ball. How's your d gonna look this season coach? Have a lot returning?
CoachB Wrote:I may be wrong DW, but I think that they have never won anything like that in football. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have heard the 1996 John Derossett team went 6-4 and that may be the best record. I think in the mid to late 80's they may have beaten this record, but I can't say for sure. Give me a little time and I'll change that.:1:

Best of Luck Coach B!:Thumbs:
Should be more solid on the defensive side of the ball. Many of them are returning starters at least 1/2 of the season. We need to move someone into A DE position and may do some switching at corner, but we should be much stronger on defense than we were last year. We will not have as much beef up front, but we can over come that with quickness and our LB play.
OnCeABobcat Wrote:All this talk about the offense what's it gonna look like on the other side of the ball. How's your d gonna look this season coach? Have a lot returning?
Yea how will the D look this year and the SR lineman and backs you have do you think
any of them will have a shot at a scholarship this year.How many SR do you have this year
We will have around 9 seniors so far. I am going to let some more come out after basketball season to lift weights. All of these young men have potential to go to college and play ball. I just need to focus two or three of them on football instead of other interests right now. The "D" will be more structured this year and more disciplined, so we will be much better. Granted that we are going into district play and playing 2 AA schools and one AAA school. We have a pretty tough schedule, but I am confident that these young men will pull it off.TongueirateSho
RiseUp Wrote:Yea how will the D look this year and the SR lineman and backs you have do you think
any of them will have a shot at a scholarship this year.How many SR do you have this year
well coachB I hope u and your team can pull off a playoff birth.
GOOD LUCK
betsy layne has never made the playoffs, this would be a historic season if the bobcats can make it to the playoffs.

good luck coach B.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next