Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 26 Lawrence Co 20 Final
^^^^^^This is true!Why does Salmons feel we need to "trick"the defense on two point conversion?Have we ever lined up and just ran a normal play for a two point conversion?
Good teams find a way to win
Neither team is good Paintsville would wax either one maybe combined.
kdrn Wrote:Neither team is good Paintsville would wax either one maybe combined.

We'll find out about that in 3 weeks. Not good to count chicks before they're hatched.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:We'll find out about that in 3 weeks. Not good to count chicks before they're hatched.

That happened to Pikeville last year when Paintsville stomped them in playoffs.
kdrn Wrote:Neither team is good Paintsville would wax either one maybe combined.

Nope.

You've been drinking too much of the Blue Kool-Aid. Paintsville has a good team, but they still couldn't have beaten either Lucasville Valley (OH) or Ashland (Raceland's two losses), both of which are still undefeated.

Your opponent's combined records (excluding Raceland): 24-31. Raceland's opponent's combined records (excluding Paintsville): 35-21.

I have respect for Paintsville's program, but your above statement is ridiculous. We'll see in three weeks...
Until Paintsville beats Raceland I think they cant say anything. I know it's been at least a decade or more since that's happened.
Raceland will be the best team that paintsville has played to that point. Fairview will be a more difficult much up for raceland with their team speed on offense.
dawg fan Wrote:Raceland will be the best team that paintsville has played to that point. Fairview will be a more difficult much up for raceland with their team speed on offense.
Pikeville might take exception to that, but that's ok. Keep on sleeping on the Panthers.
So many of you on here that never wore a jock, wore one and never got off the bench or never coached anything meaningful.

When you have the ball with 50+ ticks left and the other team has two time outs. You can't take a knee right out of the gates.

Chite happens. I saw this exact same thing happen about seven years ago. Same exact situation. The only thing that could have happened, happened.

Say they take a knee on 1st. Timeout called with 50 left. Take a knee on 2nd. Timeout with 47 left. Take a knee on 3rd and let the clock wind down a little where you have to first, hope the punt snap is good in sloppy conditions and two, hope the thing doesn't get blocked deep in your own territory (because Raceland is bringing the house after that punt. You can believe that).

Freak scenarios sit at the end of either option that LC takes, and the fact is...something freakish...was the result of the choice made.

Had they taken a couple knees, only to have punted and that backfire (punt block, punt return or leave enough time for Raceland to get a couple plays off and score) those of you griping now would still be griping.
Yes, I agree, they had to run one more play. I just feel like they could have ran something other than a sweep. Something simply straight up the gut and half the RB fall down on first contact. You had a hard nosed kid, doing what his instincts tell him, FIGHT. It was his fighting and driving the pile that ended up being his downfall. They had to run one more play, but I think it was a poor play call and poor communication as to what the back should have done.
The didn't run sweep. They ran a fullback isolation play out of the double wing set. It was a safe play. A bread and butter play at that.

The kid bounced it because the playside ILB stunted, who happened to be the play side wings man (the iso man). Kid bounced it, making a heck of a play and great instincts. He didn't fumble it until he got outside, fighting for yards, which obviously made it look like it was a designed outside/sweep/flank looking play.
I gotcha. If im the coach i have the kid fall unless he sees green pastures though. But its hard to tell a kid that. Its a tough scenario, happy with the outcome because my Rams came out ahead, but hate it for that kid.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I gotcha. If im the coach i have nothe kid fall unless he sees green pastures though. But its hard to tell a kid that. Its a tough scenario, happy with the outcome because my Rams came out ahead, but hate it for that kid.

Absolutely agree with all. No doubt about it. Win lose or draw, coaches always second guess themselves and I'd be willing to bet that's what would have been said. But, then again...hindsight always 20/20.