•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCreary Fires Football Coach.
pjdoug Wrote:I would love to see the Raiders have success,but I dont see a good young coach coming to a place that is out in the middle of nowhere with not much support for the f
ootball team.

Why not only one way for the program to go. Plus if you win it all they would make a movie about you and Kevin Costner would play you. :Thumbs:
BossEric Wrote:Everyone on the list that has been a head coach has proven they can't do the job. If Bozeman is home run, Whitley co would have given him the head job last year.
Payne deserve a shot! The kids love him !

Hire Payne or bring a good young coach in

McCreary Football information

1987-2014

9 Head Coaches
1 Winning Season
3 .500 Seasons
3 Playoff Appearances

24 loosing Seasons

Messer 5-5
Bozeman 5-5
Gay 5-5
Gay 7-3
Gay 3 Playoff Appereances

In the 28 years not very impressive. Maybe it's time to look at other problems other than the Coach. I think we need to examine.

Administration (All of them)
Facilities
Equipment
Playing Surface
Support (All)

Anyone who thinks they have the answers please apply for the job.:notworthy:notworthy
Who are the favorites to get the job
Watts is the reason for 3 playoff appearances.

Payne is the answer!
BossEric Wrote:Watts is the reason for 3 playoff appearances.

Payne is the answer!

So your answer to problem is recruit a Couple like Watts and hire Payne? I can live with both.Confusedinglepar
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:So your answer to problem is recruit a Couple like Watts and hire Payne? I can live with both.Confusedinglepar

Yes sir!
Tough job for anyone
Willie Turnover Wrote:Why not only one way for the program to go. Plus if you win it all they would make a movie about you and Kevin Costner would play you. :Thumbs:

Confusedtare::dudecomeon: is all I have to say about that lol
Lucas Ford from Somerset would be a Great Choice for Football Coach at McCreary Central. He has been OC at Somerset and last year was Head Coach at Caverna. Caverna won 4 games, more that they had in several years. I will support whom ever they hire. Just need to get on with it.
I haven't posted on here in 3 or 4 years because it's all negative drama posted behind fake names. However, I am deciding to post this one thing. I have commitments that I couldn't uncommitted to even if I wanted to so my time for coaching is over and I have no interest in any coaching job. Two, Mrs Privett has done more for MCHS and the kids there than anyone I know because she cares about the kids, school and community. No one can make every correct decision but I guarantee she does make decisions based on what she believes to be in the best interest of our kids. By the way no need to try. To antagonize me by degrading my remarks (which is the norm on here) because I will not respond as I am now starting another 3 - 4 year hiatus. By the way if anyone has any hardwood logs for sale give me a call. God Bless!
[quote=kyrj][QUOTE][I would add ms. Privett to that list too. It is her school she is the one responsible for ensuring our kids get a meaningful playing experience she and the ad have been pathetic absolutely pathetic when it comes to our football program, our kids deserve better. Fire a coach in late March and now it could take months to get a replacement just not right to our kids. I am gonna look into this more with school offiials and board I and many others want answers this is BS /QUOTE]

This program was in a mess long before Mrs. Privett was principal and as someone who is close to the program I will say she is doing what she thinks is best for the kids, I think she always has the kids best interest at heart when she makes these decisions and this one will not make everybody happy , but when you are in a position like principal everything you do is not going to please everyone. I hope MCHS finds success on the football field but until everyone who says they care about the program gets behind it nothing will ever change.[/QUOTE]

How can you say Football was a mess when Ms. Privett took over as Principal ? That was 2009 the only winning season in School History. McCreary played a varsiety, JV and Freshman Schedule that year. One of the few times it has been able to do that. They had a lot of players dressed out and were winning at all levals. I agree with you Ms Privett does support Football. I've watched her with the kids she does care. Let's just say maybe a couple bad decisions and let it go. All of us have made bad decisions. No one will convince me she doesn't care about the kids or football.
Quote:How can you say Football was a mess when Ms. Privett took over as Principal ? That was 2009 the only winning season in School History. McCreary played a varsiety, JV and Freshman Schedule that year. One of the few times it has been able to do that. They had a lot of players dressed out and were winning at all levals. I agree with you Ms Privett does support Football. I've watched her with the kids she does care. Let's just say maybe a couple bad decisions and let it go. All of us have made bad decisions. No one will convince me she doesn't care about the kids or football.
One winning season in 28 years that is how I say it. The 2009 team was a awesome team, but I am talking program as a whole you can not blame 28 years of inconsistency on any one person, that is what I am saying
kyrj Wrote:One winning season in 28 years that is how I say it. The 2009 team was a awesome team, but I am talking program as a whole you can not blame 28 years of inconsistency on any one person, that is what I am saying

I agree with all stated above.
Ok Payne is out!
MCHS. Need to
Bring someone that has a football background. Gay, Bozeman and Smith couldn't turn the program around. Why settle for someone thst couldn't get it done. If the principal hires one of the three football will be over.
Hire Watts he took the raiders to playoffs 3 straight years! He might be the only hope .
BossEric Wrote:Ok Payne is out!
MCHS. Need to
Bring someone that has a football background. Gay, Bozeman and Smith couldn't turn the program around. Why settle for someone thst couldn't get it done. If the principal hires one of the three football will be over.
Hire Watts he took the raiders to playoffs 3 straight years! He might be the only hope .

BossEric, maybe you should apply. You seem to have a strong opinion as to who can be successful and who cannot. Good Luck and I will support you.:Thumbs:
Cellking Wrote:BossEric, maybe you should apply. You seem to have a strong opinion as to who can be successful and who cannot. Good Luck and I will support you.:Thumbs:

He would have to move from Somerset or wherever it is he is suppose to live.
I might when they
Post the job ! But. It probably a done deal!
HouseofPain Wrote:I haven't posted on here in 3 or 4 years because it's all negative drama posted behind fake names. However, I am deciding to post this one thing. I have commitments that I couldn't uncommitted to even if I wanted to so my time for coaching is over and I have no interest in any coaching job. Two, Mrs Privett has done more for MCHS and the kids there than anyone I know because she cares about the kids, school and community. No one can make every correct decision but I guarantee she does make decisions based on what she believes to be in the best interest of our kids. By the way no need to try. To antagonize me by degrading my remarks (which is the norm on here) because I will not respond as I am now starting another 3 - 4 year hiatus. By the way if anyone has any hardwood logs for sale give me a call. God Bless!

Oh please get off you high horse ! what a bunch of arrogance, after reading this I am glad you won't be be hc.
You guys say the principal cares about the football program really. Fires a coach late in the game, takes team out of district, no playoffs, no off season work outs. Some of you yelled bloody murder when they pulled out of district, cellking you talk about how coaches left because of bad admin, yet people say she is good. If she cares why are we in this position? Was Coach Galloway given a fair chance? To me KYRJ and House of pain you make no sense when you say she supports football. If she does than she is just completely incompetent. Seems like she wants to kill the program.
How can you say Football was a mess when Ms. Privett took over as Principal ? That was 2009 the only winning season in School History. McCreary played a varsiety, JV and Freshman Schedule that year. One of the few times it has been able to do that. They had a lot of players dressed out and were winning at all levals. I agree with you Ms Privett does support Football. I've watched her with the kids she does care. Let's just say maybe a couple bad decisions and let it go. All of us have made bad decisions. No one will convince me she doesn't care about the kids or football.[/QUOTE]

She cant take credit for 2009 that staff was in place why didn't she hire someone from within. You are right this admin does not know how to support football starting with our principal and then down to the ad.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Lucas Ford from Somerset would be a Great Choice for Football Coach at McCreary Central. He has been OC at Somerset and last year was Head Coach at Caverna. Caverna won 4 games, more that they had in several years. I will support whom ever they hire. Just need to get on with it.

He sounds like he would be good why does his name pop up? Has he expressed interest?
kyrj Wrote:One winning season in 28 years that is how I say it. The 2009 team was a awesome team, but I am talking program as a whole you can not blame 28 years of inconsistency on any one person, that is what I am saying

Would you stop kissing her rear end. We were 7-3 on our way to building a good program and she has single handily destroyed it, she had a chance to make two hires now a third in just 5 years since Coach gay. Who would want to work for her and jones? She loves football and kids so much she fires thier coach, pulls them from district, no playoff and no off season work out, if she loves and supports the kids I would hate to see what it would be like if she didn't my goodness
My take is if we can get a younger enthusiastic coach with 3-5 years head coaching experience, and college playing experience this would be good, doubt we can get that at this point. I like Boze alot the best coach McCreary had but he is older and not sure recycling a former coach is a good plan but at this late stage I'm all for it.
Or maybe Clinton Gay he had a good run before the administration (Principla and Ad) ran him off.
the principal has run pretty much everyone off from what I can see.
Bozeman can't get it done! 0-20 last two seasons at MCHS.
1988 Raider Player Wrote:Or maybe Clinton Gay he had a good run before the administration (Principla and Ad) ran him off.

Gay , gay, gay. Didn't have a run ..........Watts was the run ..........just heard today, a Wayne Co. Assistance Coach was very interested. The 8th coach (principal husband) told him, it was a done deal. He was moving up to help the new coach.
1988 Raider Player Wrote:the principal has run pretty much everyone off from what I can see.

How are the principal test scores?
BossEric Wrote:Gay , gay, gay. Didn't have a run ..........Watts was the run ..........just heard today, a Wayne Co. Assistance Coach was very interested. The 8th coach (principal husband) told him, it was a done deal. He was moving up to help the new coach.

Don't know what your problem is with Gay but you got a problem. Get over it. If it is a done deal like you said, you have nothing to worry about. We will all have a Coach in a few days. I'll be happy when it's over.:Cheerlead
1988 Raider Player Wrote:He sounds like he would be good why does his name pop up? Has he expressed interest?

Lucas applied last time job was open. I hear he was promised job and then Administration backed out. Don't know if he is interested or not.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next