Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calloway County 73 Knott County Central 68 Final
Thats what Justice does. He drops 40. That press conference killed me when I saw those boys upset like they were. I have coached against those kids for years and known them a long time. All 4 of them are so nice and welll mannered. Always friendly. They are very hard workers. I was wanting to see them go out as state champions. If you watched the game at all, you know the officials were one sided. Knott would bump them one end and they would call a foul, Knott gets bumped on other end, no call. Saw that 15 times. I just hope PCC doesn't get done that way next year if they go. It would be hard for me to take. Officials made a killing tonight.
I refuse to say that the refs decide any game.

Knott screwed around and gave up layups at the end of the fourth when they were too aggressive on D, they let themselves get behind by double-digits in the fourth and they missed 5 shots on that last offensive sequence in the second OT when they were down one.

I know that the refs didn't do them any favors, but I just look at that game and see too many missed opportunities to say that a foul here or a foul there lost the game for the Patriots.
First off, I want to say congratulations to those Calloway boys! They play fundamentally sound and only take shots when they're open, and the key was their unbelievable freethrow shooting.

Hats off to Cameron Justice, he played out of his mind tonight and was clearly the best player on the floor. I've been known to critics him for shorting too many shots, but tonight he made huge shots back to back and did everything to make his team win. My question for KCC and I repeat I am not the coach or have ever coached some my opinion doesn't matter. But why did they not try to get Evan Hall involved? No one could match up with his size and athleticism.

Congrats to CX and congrats to KCC on an amazing season and career for those seniors.
First off, I'm discouraged at the lack of support from the others on this message board. I will be rooting PCC on hard next season when they have a run similar to the one KCC had this season. When they play it's Patriots all the way, but Perry could make a run next year and I hope they go all the way.

Secondly, any instance when you use the word "to" to represent "in addition too", "also" or "an excess" of something, it is spelled with two o's "too". I point this out only because it's the people ragging on KCC who can't spell and we've had our education questioned by those on here.

I was at this game and have no words to describe what I saw. I've never blamed a ref and still won't, but it's hard. Knott's bus had slashed tires, we had cops in our stands show up when we were ahead and none in calloway's and it doesn't add up. I don't understand. The calls were horrible but we left points on the line. Feels like Cam hasn't scored 20+ in months and when I realized how many points he had I knew we were in trouble.

All in all, this team has meant so much to me on levels indescribable that no one here will understand. It saddens me to see the jawing by some but I understand the need to point and poke when your team is sitting at home. We will never have another group of boys like these 4 again and I love everything they represented for us. Nothing anyone (both for us who embarrass me or against us who tries to nag me) can say will make me not believe we had the best team on the court and should have won that game. I love those boys and will miss them so much.
My husband and I have planned to go to this tournament for weeks. Unfortunately, circumstances kept me home, but he has watched every mountain team. He isn't the fanatic that I am, and never yells or screams at the games! LOL

He really thought Knott had this game won. When he called me last night, his first words were....Knott should've won that game but the refs made way too many calls that influenced the out come.

You can draw from that what you will. Since I've been married to him for 45 years, I know that's his way of saying the refs took the game from Knott Central. I didn't see the game, but he was there. JMO

So congratulations Calloway on your victory. And congratulations Knott County Central for a wonderful season and stunning showing at Rupp.
The referees were definitely the problem for the Patriots. I'm not talking about the referees in the game either. The 14th region referees that have allowed them to be bailed out and protected for 4 years are what caused the Patriots to struggle when they have unbiased officials calling the game the correct way. This is why they struggled playing in the state tournament. We need to hold 14th region referees more accountable for catering to the top teams. It has always hindered this region and will continue to do so with the current setup.
That one ref didn't block out on that shot.. The second ref should have taken a charge on that lay up... BS
Great game and Knott lost because they got out played.
Justice is the real deal..
Jamie McCracken tho....dude brought his A game for the post game presser lol...#ratetherefs
Zag, now ah boys. If Perry would of got done that way, you wouldn't be refusing to bash the refs. Don't know why everyone from here has a vendetta with KCC. Guess because nobody has beaten them here in so long. They got raped last night plain and simple. KHSAA should investigate those three goobers that called the game last night. All three of them were paid off no doubt about it. And yeah, Knott has been protected here in the 14th region the past 4 years and I will agree with that but that's no reason for them not to get a fair shake at the State Tournament last night. Game was not called evenly on both ends, not even close. As for Calloway, no disrespect they are tough as nails. Those boys were so calm and under control the entire game. Their free throw shooting was the best I have saw out of a team in my life. Need to stop venting I guess because there isn't nothing legally that can be done about those three crooks. Proud of you Knott Central. Cameron, Evan, Simon, and Chance very proud of you boys, you guys were great.
No wonder no one outside of the mountains can stand yall. All that smack talk about the mountains, then cant take a loss like an adult. Ive watched a lot of basketball in my many years, and I didn't see anything one sided. Ask yourself this how mny games has your Kentucky wildcats got to take a lot more free throws. The answer is a lot. Ive bashed Kentucky just to pick it yall, but the truth is Kentucky is really good this year, and that's just 1 of the strengths of that team. Take it to the hole, and put it in with the big men, plus draw fouls. I watched the KCC, and calloway game. Justice could score at will, but calloway had no justice, so they ran it down the floor real quick to see if KCC, would get back on defense, if there wasn't a quick score opportunity they just passed the ball 20 times till someone was open. If no one could get open after a bit they would go inside draw a foul, and hit their free throws. A foul is a foul if 1 team goes to the hole, and gets fouled more it should be called more on them. You cant just look down at a stat sheet if you are a ref, and say well ive called more on KCC so ill let them keep fouling, and not call it so calloway doesn't get more foul shots. Are the refs supposed to put a mark on a piece of paper to look at, and say well they have gotten 9 more foul shots so I need to nitpick calloway more so KCC can get thir turn at free throws. Seems most complaining are from eastern Kentucky, so its obviously sour grapes. Where is fat pat. All that running of the mouth, getting on my nerves at least he could get on here, and congradulate calloway, and show his face.
^I personally don't have a vendetta against KCC.
But when you're going to talk the talk on here, better hope your team also walks the walk.
I think 30-3 is walking the walk and talking the talk. 4 Region titles in a row with HOMEGROWN boys says enough.

Andy I cant stand you guys either. Stay out west or up in the Lex/Louisville area. You hate us, we hate you. No big deal.
14th will never do nothing at state. This was the year to prove something and you see what happens. Bowling green will beat the brakes off Calloway
From the games I watched this was the worst played game of first round
If a Calloway shoots 42 free throws today they won't get their brains beat in. They be marching on to the semis.
Congrats to Calloway County on the win. Congrats to Knott County on a great season.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Will the 14th ever win another sweet 16 game

Probably not unless we get the 13th, 15th or 16th in the draw. The 14th will never produce another state champ if Knott couldn't do it this year.
The_Rock Wrote:Zag, now ah boys. If Perry would of got done that way, you wouldn't be refusing to bash the refs. Don't know why everyone from here has a vendetta with KCC. Guess because nobody has beaten them here in so long. They got raped last night plain and simple. KHSAA should investigate those three goobers that called the game last night. All three of them were paid off no doubt about it. And yeah, Knott has been protected here in the 14th region the past 4 years and I will agree with that but that's no reason for them not to get a fair shake at the State Tournament last night. Game was not called evenly on both ends, not even close. As for Calloway, no disrespect they are tough as nails. Those boys were so calm and under control the entire game. Their free throw shooting was the best I have saw out of a team in my life. Need to stop venting I guess because there isn't nothing legally that can be done about those three crooks. Proud of you Knott Central. Cameron, Evan, Simon, and Chance very proud of you boys, you guys were great.

It'll be a cold day I'm hell when I blame the refs for any loss.

I used to ref and stopped because I hated it. Traveling all over the place and it doesn't matter where you go or how good you call a game you're going to get booed 90% of the time you blow your whistle and most of the time when you don't.

Ever since I stepped in their shoes I've looked at it differently. Even with Justice fouling out and them perceivably not getting any calls, they had FIVE shots at the basket with a chance to win.
Calloway is a pretty good team.
In all of my 2-cent analysis...
I forgot the most important thing.

Congrats to the Patriots and Camron Justice on the run that they've put together.

Truly the best of a generation. Hopefully it isn't too long before we have another 4-peat and a Mr. Basketball on one team, but I doubt it.

We may never see that type of team again.
I have called a little bit to Zaga. I always tried to call it evenly as possible. Calling games is tough I admit. Yeah Knott had their opportunities but Calloway had a ton more than Knott did.

As for the 14th region never being any good, you'd think with all the basketball academies, workouts being done, and other things going on here we'd be right in the thick of things. Kids in this area play 100 games a year 2nd grade on up. You would think there will be another team as good as KCC was. Maybe never a Mr. Basketball but perhaps 5 better players on the floor at the same time.
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/j37u2.jpg] Congrats to Calloway,a very good ball team.Game was heartbreaking to watch.Knott has great bunch of players and role models.Fatpat supported every mountain team in Big Dance and will always support whatever team comes out of the mountain regions.It is what it is and look forward to next year! Patriot at heart brutha.Good luck to Calloway. These Knott boys are special and a tight group of boys,here's a link to the post press conference that gets Fatpat teared up!Thanks for the ride Cam,Evan,Simon,and Chance!
The_Rock Wrote:I have called a little bit to Zaga. I always tried to call it evenly as possible. Calling games is tough I admit. Yeah Knott had their opportunities but Calloway had a ton more than Knott did.

As for the 14th region never being any good, you'd think with all the basketball academies, workouts being done, and other things going on here we'd be right in the thick of things. Kids in this area play 100 games a year 2nd grade on up. You would think there will be another team as good as KCC was. Maybe never a Mr. Basketball but perhaps 5 better players on the floor at the same time.

Well part of the reason Knott is as good as they are is they had a core of good players and the same coaching staff for four years.

At one point - Perry had three different coaches in three years.
You had Braxton and the Cornett boys (won region), Braxton and Jaysean for a year, Braxton and Justin Johnson for two years (a different coach each year) and then you've got Braxton with Whitmore and Blair this year.

Talent can win you ballgames, but the consistency that Knott has had over the last four years is something to be marveled at.

As much basketball that goes on in Perry County; if Shannon sticks around or they find a coach that is a career guy at Perry Central they will have something special.
Downtown10 Wrote:Jamie McCracken tho....dude brought his A game for the post game presser lol...#ratetherefs
Wow... what a question. I think the Calloway Coach's reaction says it all...
Just watched the postgame...

Kudos to my man Jamie on getting everyone all tore up with that question.
Like I said, I don't blame the refs, but Jamie is a reporter and it's his job to ask that question.
Mr. Basketball fouled out on a flop. If the MVP of the NBA fouls out on a flop - that question is going to be asked in the post-game news conference and it has to be answered.
It's a shame that whoever was controlling the microphone said "We aren't going to answer that. Next question."
Why don't they just hand them a list of questions they're allowed to ask if they're going to be like that about it.
Well guys...
The two big fouls I've seen everyone go on about.
I went and rewatched them and I don't think I have an issue with either of em'.
I thought they were "ticky tack" when I watched em live... but the replays are pretty definitive.
The ones that fouled out Cornett and Justice.
Craig Sandefur, one of the referees last night, pulled a hamstring and unable to ref today. I hope it's actually the worst case mcl acl ppt meniscus tear ever imaginable.. Rendering him unable to walk again,, ever..