•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard Appeals KHSAA Football Realignment
I swear I despise anything to do with sports that happens east of the Perry/Knott line Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:There isn't one...

There is the illogical shenanigans about Hazard and Pikeville needing to be save for the regional final.

Hazard is asking to be placed in a District that makes more sense geographically.

The change won't happen because it makes sense and that isn't the way we do things around here.

24 minutes a year. Less than 2 1/2 minutes a week over the 10 week regular season. If you guys really cared about Hazard you would not drop Harlan, Pineville and Lynn Camp for Phelps, Jenkins and South Floyd over 2.4 minutes a week.Confusednicker:
zaga_fan Wrote:I swear I despise anything to do with sports that happens east of the Perry/Knott line Wink

Don't know why, you obviously don't know a lot about it. But it is yet another reason you would not like Hazard in District 8.:ChairHit:
jetpilot Wrote:24 minutes a year. Less than 2 1/2 minutes a week over the 10 week regular season. If you guys really cared about Hazard you would not drop Harlan, Pineville and Lynn Camp for Phelps, Jenkins and South Floyd over 2.4 minutes a week.Confusednicker:

Your 2.4 minutes a week argument is irrelevant...
Only four games plus whatever playoff games pan out are in question.

Dividing the difference by ten games when you're talking about the four district games makes no sense.
I'm not a Hazard fan...
As a matter of fact - it would put a smile on my face if they lost every game this coming year.

I just think that it makes sense for them to move over to District 8 - that way I can not care about them and maybe they can teach you all how to do math while you're at it.
Well boy's lets just divide 24 minutes by 365 to see how much that puts them out every day of the year.

That's less that 7 hundredths of a minute...

That's all we're arguing about.

Let's just put Hazard in District 1.
jetpilot Wrote:Putting Hazard in District 8 doesn't fix that. Please, you are fooling no one here.:lame:

Anyone who knows me knows having a five-team district and a three-team district so close together drives me insane. They can put Hazard there for all I care, but moving South Floyd makes more sense.
You didn't answer the question. Is there a reason Hazard doesn't fit better in District 8?
You're only argument so far is that, yes, Hazard is closer to District 8, but it's only 24 minutes.
zaga_fan Wrote:Your 2.4 minutes a week argument is irrelevant...
Only four games plus whatever playoff games pan out are in question.

Dividing the difference by ten games when you're talking about the four district games makes no sense.

24 minutes a year:biglmao: And if you want to break it down to district games it's 6 minutes per district game.:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
HDE Wrote:Anyone who knows me knows having a five-team district and a three-team district so close together drives me insane. They can put Hazard there for all I care, but moving South Floyd makes more sense.
You didn't answer the question. Is there a reason Hazard doesn't fit better in District 8?
You're only argument so far is that, yes, Hazard is closer to District 8, but it's only 24 minutes.

I don't have to argue, that's how the KHSAA sees it. You have to argue, and 24 minutes a year is a horrible argument. Especially from a Hazard opponent.:zzz:
Edit: I would be happy to put Hazard in district 8 and South Floyd in District 6. But again, South Floyd travel time would be longer than Hazard is complaining about. The facts are real simple, you guys just continue to ignore them. And ask Paintsville, Fairview, Raceland and South Floyd if they want South Floyd in that district and you go 0-4.
zaga_fan Wrote:Well boy's lets just divide 24 minutes by 365 to see how much that puts them out every day of the year.

That's less that 7 hundredths of a minute...

That's all we're arguing about.

Let's just put Hazard in District 1.

24 minutes a year and a gallon of gas. :biglmao:
I think hazard and Pikeville and the khsaa is all in on it together. This is all a big front....It has to be or it would be an even district...Where is Five-O :popcorn:
jetpilot Wrote:I don't have to argue, that's how the KHSAA sees it. You have to argue, and 24 minutes a year is a horrible argument. Especially from a Hazard opponent.:zzz:

That's what I thought.
There's no good reason to put Hazard in a district thats farther away, even if it's only 24 minutes.
HDE Wrote:That's what I thought.
There's no good reason to put Hazard in a district thats farther away, even if it's only 24 minutes.

There is no reason to appeal what the KHSAA has mandated over 24 minutes a year, or everyone would be doing it.
HDE, I'm offended that you expect people to believe that you are trying to right the wrong of Hazard spending 24 more minutes a year on a bus.
Everyone else in Class A is where they are supposed to be, except Hazard and South Floyd. No other reasons to appeal.
The KHSAA had Hazard in District 8 to begin with from what I remember. The change was made AFTER the proposal was sent out. I wonder who complained to get the original plan changed?
HDE Wrote:Everyone else in Class A is where they are supposed to be, except Hazard and South Floyd. No other reasons to appeal.
The KHSAA had Hazard in District 8 to begin with from what I remember. The change was made AFTER the proposal was sent out. I wonder who complained to get the original plan changed?

What do you propose to fix that? Any fix has South Floyd's travel time increasing by much more than 24 minutes a year. And again, neither South Floyd nor any of the teams in the district they would be shipped to would be for it.
I think you accused me of being a Williamsburg fan when I picked them to win the east this time last year.
The majority of posts I see from you are pro-Pikeville.
See how many you can find of me debating about Harlan.
Yep, Hazard was in District 8 in the original plan.

http://khsaa.org/football/realignment/20...ion11a.pdf
HDE Wrote:I think you accused me of being a Williamsburg fan when I picked them to win the east this time last year.
The majority of posts I see from you are pro-Pikeville.
See how many you can find of me debating about Harlan.
Yep, Hazard was in District 8 in the original plan.

http://khsaa.org/football/realignment/20...ion11a.pdf

I am going by the final plan. Never thought you were a Williamsburg fan either. Or a Hazard fan until this crusade by you on Hazard's behalf.Confusednicker:
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...stcount=74
My crusade is for doing what's right. Your crusade is for protecting Pikeville.
I'd move South Floyd to the Paintsville district, or maybe Pikeville after seeing that map.
HDE Wrote:My crusade is for doing what's right. Your crusade is for protecting Pikeville.
I'd move South Floyd to the Paintsville district, or maybe Pikeville after seeing that map.

:biglmao:Now you are being a comedian. It was unintentional before I think lol...
Propose either of your alternative plans to the KHSAA and tell them you are on a crusade to save Hazard 24 minutes a year.:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
HDE Wrote:My crusade is for doing what's right. Your crusade is for protecting Pikeville.

Just now looking at a map? And it must be the wrong map. And you were trashing the KHSAA. They probably looked at a map long before you just got around to it.Confusednicker:
You can put a hundred smiley faces there and you still know there's no good reason the KHSAA changed its original plan and moved Hazard to District 7. You can't come up with one.
You came up with the 24 minutes. That's not my crusade, but I'll take your word for it. One minute would be enough, especially if you saw U.S. 421 between Hazard and Harlan.
jetpilot Wrote:Just now looking at a map? And it must be the wrong map. And you were trashing the KHSAA. They probably looked at a map long before you just got around to it.Confusednicker:

It's the map on the KHSAA site. The KHSAA did it all right, except for Hazard and South Floyd/Pikeville.
HDE Wrote:You can put a hundred smiley faces there and you still know there's no good reason the KHSAA changed its original plan and moved Hazard to District 7. You can't come up with one.
You came up with the 24 minutes. That's not my crusade, but I'll take your word for it. One minute would be enough, especially if you saw U.S. 421 between Hazard and Harlan.

:hilarious:
It's a freakin' hour from Hazard to Harlan. Everyone drives on roads that bad or worse. We are back to 24 minutes a year. Pikeville plays Middlesboro on the road this year. Maybe they should cancel because the roads are bad and they would have to spend 24 extra minutes on a bus.:Shaking:
HDE Wrote:You can put a hundred smiley faces there and you still know there's no good reason the KHSAA changed its original plan and moved Hazard to District 7. You can't come up with one.

I don't need a reason. Hazard has been in that district for years. You need a reason to change that and all you got is 24 minutes a year and a gallon of gas.Confusednicker:
You've never driven from Harlan to Hazard have you?
I don't think you'll be driving between Hazard and Harlan to get to Middlesboro, but you can try it if you want.
Harlan County talked to the KHSAA about moving to the 14th Region a few years ago. The reason the KHSAA gave against the idea was that the roads are too dangerous, even though Harlan County borders three 14th Region counties.
I've driven to Pikeville hundreds of times and you have no idea if you think you have worse roads than the one between Harlan and Hazard.
^ Got to go to bed HDE, I will cut to the chase...
I don't give one freakin' crap about Hazard and you don't either.
I want Pikeville to have home field advantage throughout the playoffs in even years forever and you want Hazard out of your district. Everyone deals with less than ideal roads etc etc...You are not a dang advocate for saving Hazard 24 minutes a year and that argument will never fly. If you were an advocate for Hazard you would never want to drop Harlan, Pineville and Lynn Camp and add Phelps, South Floyd and Jenkins EVER, much less to save 24 minutes a year and a gallon of gas...get real and good night.
I don't think I ever said I was an advocate for Hazard. They fit better in District 8.
HDE Wrote:I don't think I ever said I was an advocate for Hazard. They fit better in District 8.

Fit better for you. One man's opinion and I respect your opinion.
I'm going to stay up a few more minutes to see your response to this. Why do you think Hazard wants to be in District 8? Take a few minutes to think it over before you respond. And please don't say to save 24 minutes a year and a gallon of gas.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next