•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia 63 - Perry 53
ballstar Wrote:Here I is Ballers. Nice to meet you tonight. Your much prettier in person! Grrrrrrr! Lol.

This is from a PCC Homer:
PCC got their a$$ kicked from start to finish in this game. Not one time in this game did I feel like PCC even threatened Cordia. Cordia punched PCC in the mouth and we never punched back. Literally and physically, lol. Cordia absolutely put the clamps down on Beverly and Johnson tonight. PCC can't win unless those 2 have big games. Cordia shut their water off tonight. Ballers maybe right about Beverly and Upike but at this point I won't give him that much credit. Maybe ALC!!! Johnson and Beverly looked like the 4/5 best players on the floor tonight and that's being nice! PCC is very soft and they just don't fight back, literally and physically! Bottom line is PCC just don't show up in the big games. Not sure if its because PCC ain't as good as we think or what but they just don't show up in big games. I'm hoping they can turn it around but it's very late and I'm not sure they have the time to do that. Hopefully this team can get on the right track or season's end is shortly approaching. I mean shortly too!

Cordia looks like the best team in the region and they will be a tuff out for anyone. Rhodes did a really good job tonight coaching the game. Good game plan!!

The punch was stupid. No reason for that! Not sure how Cordia got 2 shots and the ball back. I heard it was because 2 kids left PCC's bench. I was seating behind Cordia's bench and at least 4/5 of those boys also left the bench. The craziest thing about the while fight was when Chapman said what he did to Johnson after he punched him. I will not repeat it on here but I swear you that he can get jail time. It's on video and you can clearly see what he says. What he said was dangerous talk and no place for crap like that in the game, period!

I agree on the punch ballstar..
But racial comments right after by PCC alum is uncalled for.
The state boys literally walked up to me and my fiancé.
And the fat old guy set there for the rest of the night...
I say PCC alum wildly because this guy was old.
There is no more rivalry in Perry.
After seeing and hearing. Perry and Knott hate each other ..
Hazard and PCC are best friends.
Knott and Cordia are now best friends.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I misread.
I thought when someone said they got double technical, I took it as both players got two T's and ejected before thinking about it.

As you know, if a player gets two T's, there ejected and get suspended, but if Johnson only got the one, he should be fine. It appears chapman will have to sit for three games.
Could be trouble if Cordia were to draw PCC or HZ in the first round, because I don't see them beating KCC.

Sorry to busts your bubble Gut I don't see Knott beating Cordia....64SUR. :popcorn:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I misread.
I thought when someone said they got double technical, I took it as both players got two T's and ejected before thinking about it.

As you know, if a player gets two T's, there ejected and get suspended, but if Johnson only got the one, he should be fine. It appears chapman will have to sit for three games.
Could be trouble if Cordia were to draw PCC or HZ in the first round, because I don't see them beating KCC.

Gut, being honest w/ you here. I'm not sure what the heck happened. All I know is the Chapman kid punched Johnson in the back of the head while he was walking off. Then total chaos broke out. Cordia's players and some of PCC's players left the bench. Next thing I know(after PCC went to locker room and came back 20mkns later) Cordia gets 2 free throws and the ball. As I stated earlier, I've been to a lot of games and dropped 40 like it was nothing but I ain't ever seen nothing like that. Ballers is a Cordia homer and he can tell you that I'm right. Not sure why Cordia's players that left the bench didn't get a T. Weird!!
I know cordia beat PCC tonight but they still have to beat kcc at kcc to win the district. Without Chapman I don't see them beating kcc at kcc.
If they are so great, why couldn't they play where they are from? The kids that have grown up in the 14th Region do not have many diverse activities so why take away their chance to play ball in high school? Sports is one of the only pastimes our kids have.
Cordia is the best team in the region at their house. I don't care who beat who a few weeks ago. I'm telling you I bet Cordia wins their district unless they get bad, bad, bad news Monday or Tuesday!
And during that time 8th grade marquis almost gets walked out due to a racial slur.
Swear on everything I love he literally had his knees up my ass the whole game. Marquis was just sitting on the bench. Until that person said what he said. We was in PCC land, nothing but Commodores behind the bench except for my crazy ass.
jacobcody2 Wrote:I know cordia beat PCC tonight but they still have to beat kcc at kcc to win the district. Without Chapman I don't see them beating kcc at kcc.

Cordia is playing at a different level right now.they will replace Chapman with 8th grader 7 foot keta :Cheerlead
Speaking of Keita, why did he not get to play until Chapman got kicked out and Ortiz fouled out, is he in the dog house with Rhodes or is it simply due to Ortiz and Chapman being that much better than him
We see next week. Who wins the 53rd district. So if kcc wins it is because of the refs. However, cordia wins its because they r the better team. It will take cordua best game to beat kcc next week. Keta can't defend hall down low 64 slur.
D-ROCK Wrote:If they are so great, why couldn't they play where they are from? The kids that have grown up in the 14th Region do not have many diverse activities so why take away their chance to play ball in high school? Sports is one of the only pastimes our kids have.

Here we go again unbelievable
Keita provided great defense and a bucket or two.
His presence was felt.
But without Cunningham this team would fall.
Chisholm is a great player with limited minutes.
I felt like the jungle played a big part tonight.
Perry tried to rush them. Cordia was ready.
Tobler is the future of the 14th.
In the name of brother Cecil.
Peace be among us.
jacobcody2 Wrote:We see next week. Who wins the 53rd district. So if kcc wins it is because of the refs. However, cordia wins its because they r the better team. It will take cordua best game to beat kcc next week. Keta can't defend hall down low 64 slur.

No one has mentioned refs on this thread so please don't start it now. Refs had nothing to do w/ this lossor kcc loss. Let's grow up a little bit and talk hoops and not refs. Cordia is a better team than when they played kcc last. Catching and Frimpong hits shots this team is very good. Kcc will have there hands full even if they play at Hindman park!
Congrats Lions.

It's gonna be something if these two meet up again in the region at Perry.
jacobcody2 Wrote:We see next week. Who wins the 53rd district. So if kcc wins it is because of the refs. However, cordia wins its because they r the better team. It will take cordua best game to beat kcc next week. Keta can't defend hall down low 64 slur.

I would hope so...We will see 8th grader vs junior...I like hall and keita to special talents in the MTS....Keita if he stays in the mountain could be one we see play in the NBA...Someday just saying
ballstar Wrote:Gut, I truly believe Cordia is the best team in the region right now. They have the shooter, speed, size to best almost any team they play. This is a much diff team than the team a watched in All A. Credit Rod or whoever you want but this team looked really good tonight!

You got to give credit where credit is due RR has his team on a roll they are hitting on all cylinders. The Mt teams are for the most part pulling for them.
I've said it since the first time I seen Cordia this year, transfers or not, top to bottom they are one of the best/talented teams in the state. They have every piece to the puzzle to play in Rupp. I believe Rod has some tricks up his sleeve for tournament time. If he can manage his players minutes where they need to be then watch out. Could be dangerous.

As for Perry they have to utilize Beverly/Johnson together more and LET TOBLER LOOSE. Role players have played well at times. Let Beverly get them going when needed while Johnson and Tobler man the middle. Hoskins has made me scratch my head a couple times this season. Hopefully they can get it together and soon. Fun team to watch.
Chapman is way better than Keita. Keita played about 4/5 mins but really didn't do much. Keira might be a great player some day but has a LONG ways to go before anyone starts talking NBA. He can barely dunk and he is only about 6'8. I know they say he is 7" but if he is then Ortiz is 7'3.
said it at start of year and will say it now. the refs will never allow cordia to come out of the 14th region. will not happen
topnotch Wrote:You got to give credit where credit is due RR has his team on a roll they are hitting on all cylinders. The Mt teams are for the most part pulling for them.

I always give credit when it's due. No cry babies in my house. Cordia flat out kick our butts and made PCC like it.
I love how everybody always wants to see a team win a big game and automatically they start talking smack about how they going to beat Knott. The whole preseason we heard how great Cordia was and how they would beat Knott. Guess what, Knott rolls into the Lions Den and gives them a beat down. Then we heard about oh now they have these 2 new kids playing and they will beat Knott at Knott. What happens? Knott gives them another beat down. Then comes the PCC game. Oh man Johnson and Beverly going to beat Knott. What happens? Knott with another beat down. How about we all just face the facts that Knott is best team in this region and have been for 3rd year in a row and until someone keeps them from playing in Rupp come March we just suck up and face reality.
KY Headhunter Wrote:I love how everybody always wants to see a team win a big game and automatically they start talking smack about how they going to beat Knott. The whole preseason we heard how great Cordia was and how they would beat Knott. Guess what, Knott rolls into the Lions Den and gives them a beat down. Then we heard about oh now they have these 2 new kids playing and they will beat Knott at Knott. What happens? Knott gives them another beat down. Then comes the PCC game. Oh man Johnson and Beverly going to beat Knott. What happens? Knott with another beat down. How about we all just face the facts that Knott is best team in this region and have been for 3rd year in a row and until someone keeps them from playing in Rupp come March we just suck up and face reality.

no fun in that...
KY Headhunter Wrote:I love how everybody always wants to see a team win a big game and automatically they start talking smack about how they going to beat Knott. The whole preseason we heard how great Cordia was and how they would beat Knott. Guess what, Knott rolls into the Lions Den and gives them a beat down. Then we heard about oh now they have these 2 new kids playing and they will beat Knott at Knott. What happens? Knott gives them another beat down. Then comes the PCC game. Oh man Johnson and Beverly going to beat Knott. What happens? Knott with another beat down. How about we all just face the facts that Knott is best team in this region and have been for 3rd year in a row and until someone keeps them from playing in Rupp come March we just suck up and face reality.

Trust me "head" hunter ain't nobody trying to steal the spotlight form KCC. KCC is the best team until someone knocks them off. I've said that all year but I think Cordia is playing great ball right now and they will have their work cut out for them in district play if "The Corida School" isn't completely discombobulated by the KHSAA!
First of all, great game for the lions, they are playing really well going into the tourney. I think Rhodes has his boys playing at a higher level going into the tourney.

Secondly, from where I was sitting the refs had no control of this one from the get go. The Ralph guy has to be one of the worst refs in this region, he did not get a call right all night.
They totally should of taken care of the situation early that led to the fight instead of just talking to them, should of called fouls or techs earlier, they just really caused more problems for everyone.
How can they have an ejection on Chapman, and then call 2 T's on Perry for boys leaving the bench,without ejecting them,THAT IS THE RULE RIGHT? Leave the bench is automatic ejection, so they let them stay in the game and didn't even T up any of the 4 Cordia players that came out to half court. They should have been ejected too. Just no control of this game.

Thirdly, why are these teams playing such a high profile/heated game this late in the season so close to districts, just not very smart on either side. I'm sure they regret it now, just wasn't very good thinking in my opinion.

Lastly, I believe Chapman only has to sit 2 games, but I hear Knott and Hazard are trying to get film for KHSAA, to see if other ejections should be enforced for leaving thE bench. Both Cordia and PCC are not in good graces with theKHSAA so it could get ugly. I hope not but it's possible.

Good luck to both of these teams in their tourneys, can't wait for the 14th regional tourney.
I don't think perry central will shoot 25% from the field again and go 2 for 12 from the free throw line in the fourth quarter and with all that pcc just lost by 10 points. and I still don't know how they called a technical on Johnson. if anyone knows please enlighten me
They shot that bad because Cordia was shutting them down on D.
I said the same thing D1. PCC had 2 players leave the bench. Both were kids that don't play very much if any. If I'm not mistaking Cordia had 4. Rod grabbed 3/4 of them and pushed them back but I'm not sure that matters. If they hit the floor they are done!! PCC could have had more than just 2 as well. It was a bad deal playing this game. I had a feeling this would happen.
ballstar Wrote:Chapman is way better than Keita. Keita played about 4/5 mins but really didn't do much. Keira might be a great player some day but has a LONG ways to go before anyone starts talking NBA. He can barely dunk and he is only about 6'8. I know they say he is 7" but if he is then Ortiz is 7'3.

That's because he took a right instead of a left and walked circles around Hazard trying to get to the game. Some KCC parent dropped him off at the jungle at the end of the 3rd quarter.

:welcome:
I agree D1. Cordia just flat out beat the brakes off PCC tonight. No lies to tell! I'm not sure how or why Johnson got the T either. That whole situation had me tore up like a train wreck. I just couldn't believe that we had the ball when it all broke loose and our player got hit and they shot 2 free throws and got the ball back. I'm still puzzled w/ that whole deal.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next