•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Raceland 11/22 Region Championship
NoPicks Wrote:Nobody on Pikeville's team is in the same league as Beach or Messer. Estep and Hall are really good players, not taking anything away from them bc they are legit playmakers.. But Beach is in a class of his own. Somebody will offer him a D1 or 1AA scholly, Estep. And Hall are NAIA or D-3 at best.

That is where u are wrong... I am not Pikeville but to say that is just not even close.. Pikeville is solid and Estep when these two team step on the field would probably be the best player on the field.... U can have your opinion of these kids but estep reminds me of a dicky lyons jr who was a very solid receiver at UK..
NoPicks Wrote:Ok, like I said, let the game do the talking.. You just let me know afterwards if you would still buy tickets to my comedy show. Have a good week everyone. Go Rams!

Haha! Don't give up your day job. :biggrin:
Estep isn't nearly as big as Lyons was. But he is very good.
FBALL Wrote:Estep isn't nearly as big as Lyons was. But he is very good.

But he can put any member of the opposing team on their backside with his blocking on offense and hits on defense.
And there are kids on other teams that can put him on his back the same way.
FBALL Wrote:And there are kids on other teams that can put him on his back the same way.

omg my pop can whip your pop lol...he gives much more than he takes and seems to enjoy it. Agree with bac he will be the best player on the field.
jetpilot Wrote:But he can put any member of the opposing team on their backside with his blocking on offense and hits on defense.

Very strong for his size. Not taking in consideration his speed and quickness. this is the young man that prevented Raceland from scoring in ot last yr. about this time.
jetpilot Wrote:^You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Most people thought Raceland was better the last two years in the playoffs too, and Pikeville knocked them out. Personally I wouldn't even consider trading Hall, Estep and Charles for Beach, Messer and Elkins. And I wouldn't trade the rest of Pikeville's team for the rest of Raceland's team either. I wouldn't be totally shocked if Raceland were to win, but I expect Pikeville to bring home the hardware.

jetpilot Wrote:omg my pop can whip your pop lol...he gives much more than he takes and seems to enjoy it. Agree with bac he will be the best player on the field.
I don't like hyperbole.

He is a good player. Other teams have good players too.
Hopefully Racelands team comes into this game as overconfident as some of their fans...
Pikeville moves on to the next round.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Hopefully Racelands team comes into this game as overconfident as some of their fans...

Well I doubt that happens after what has happened the past couple years. The Panthers have earned the attention and respect they deserve. The RAMS will certainly be focused and ready to do battle. Pikeville is a great team. And the RAMS will come in knowing they are going up against exactly that.
Fans are fans.
The players and coaches on both sides won't be over looking.
fourth and goal Wrote:Well I doubt that happens after what has happened the past couple years. The Panthers have earned the attention and respect they deserve. The RAMS will certainly be focused and ready to do battle. Pikeville is a great team. And the RAMS will come in knowing they are going up against exactly that.
Fans are fans.
The players and coaches on both sides won't be over looking.

Each team is very capable of beating the other. It's going to be a tough one...
FBALL Wrote:I don't like hyperbole.

He is a good player. Other teams have good players too.

LOL, thanks for the insight. I didn't realize Raceland had good players haha. But crazy claims by Rams fans don't seem to get a rise out of you. Or maybe their "hyperbole" is lost on you.:eyeroll:
This is exactly the kind of talk I was expecting. Be it d1 or naia or juco colleges there should most certainly be scouts in the stands friday. Lots of tallent. Can anyone verify any offers anyone is getting?
Just know that the defensive backs for Raceland have 36 Varsity interceptions:
Howard-1
Potter-1
Joseph- 1
Vance-1
Harris-3
Beach- 4
Dixon-9
Messer- 16
Josh Young will knock the crap out of you if you run at him, he would rather hit you than INT!
Raceland allowed 175 rushing yards a game ,Raceland allowed 73 passing yards a game
Rushing for 264 a game and passing for 151 a game. I think we are okay on defense.

Think some of our kids are capable of playing at the next level somewhere. Any place is a good place to play if you can play football and get an "edumakation" out of it.
Good Luck to both Teams!!!!!! But I got to go with Raceland in this one.
This is the game that I'm looking forward to the most next week, I gotta go with Pikeville in a close one.

Pikeville - 34

Raceland - 28
Hey RamPride did Conner really have 16 int's? That's a lot. I didn't miss a game. I'm not doubting his skills. He's a awesome player. I guess he's one of those that kinda stays stealth! Your always wanting to see more of him in action. Then when you read the stats. You say wow!
fourth and goal Wrote:Hey RamPride did Conner really have 16 int's? That's a lot. I didn't miss a game. I'm not doubting his skills. He's a awesome player. I guess he's one of those that kinda stays stealth! Your always wanting to see more of him in action. Then when you read the stats. You say wow!

I think that is career speaking of hyperbole.
jetpilot Wrote:LOL, thanks for the insight. I didn't realize Raceland had good players haha. But crazy claims by Rams fans don't seem to get a rise out of you. Or maybe their "hyperbole" is lost on you.:eyeroll:

You obviously don't know my relationship with the Am fans. I don't call them the Ams for nothing.
Obviously both teams have 2-3 game-changing players, so you can flip a coin on who has the better standout players. The bottom line is this: both teams are good, so it will come down to the fundamentals (which it always does in evenly matched teams)...who controls the line of scrimmage, and who doesn't turn the ball over.
The two teams have one game in common. Paintsville. Both defeated the Tigers. Raceland did so in the regular season by way of 32-10 and only allowed the Tigers 33 yards rushing and 93 yards passing. While racking up 340 yards rushing of their own. Raceland beat them again in the 2nd round of the playoffs 42-12. Idk all the stats but I know Paintsville didt rush for much, but through for over 150. Still wast able to allow much offense.

Pikeville defeated Paintsville by way of a 28-21 final. Paintsville gained 360 yards on the ground. Can someone tell me how that game went? Paintsville is very mh improved, but that game has really confused me. I know Kash rushed for 3 scores, but didnt have but around 50 yards rushing. If Pikeville cant stop Paintsvilles run game, idk how they can stop Raceland's. Were there plYers out in the Pville/Pville game?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:The two teams have one game in common. Paintsville. Both defeated the Tigers. Raceland did so in the regular season by way of 32-10 and only allowed the Tigers 33 yards rushing and 93 yards passing. While racking up 340 yards rushing of their own. Raceland beat them again in the 2nd round of the playoffs 42-12. Idk all the stats but I know Paintsville didt rush for much, but through for over 150. Still wast able to allow much offense.
Paintsville rushed 31 times for 81 yards Friday, and threw for 175 yards (17-30), with 62 of that coming on the TD pass.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:The two teams have one game in common. Paintsville. Both defeated the Tigers. Raceland did so in the regular season by way of 32-10 and only allowed the Tigers 33 yards rushing and 93 yards passing. While racking up 340 yards rushing of their own. Raceland beat them again in the 2nd round of the playoffs 42-12. Idk all the stats but I know Paintsville didt rush for much, but through for over 150. Still wast able to allow much offense.

Pikeville defeated Paintsville by way of a 28-21 final. Paintsville gained 360 yards on the ground. Can someone tell me how that game went? Paintsville is very mh improved, but that game has really confused me. I know Kash rushed for 3 scores, but didnt have but around 50 yards rushing. If Pikeville cant stop Paintsvilles run game, idk how they can stop Raceland's. Were there plYers out in the Pville/Pville game?

LOL seriously? Paintsville is not even a shadow of the team they were earlier. Going back to week 3 to make comparisons? Looks like you still haven't learned from the last two years the August Pikeville vs. the November Pikeville...even though you have seen it with your own two eyes.
RamPride Wrote:Just know that the defensive backs for Raceland have 36 Varsity interceptions:
Howard-1
Potter-1
Joseph- 1
Vance-1
Harris-3
Beach- 4
Dixon-9
Messer- 16
Josh Young will knock the crap out of you if you run at him, he would rather hit you than INT!
Raceland allowed 175 rushing yards a game ,Raceland allowed 73 passing yards a game
Rushing for 264 a game and passing for 151 a game. I think we are okay on defense.

Think some of our kids are capable of playing at the next level somewhere. Any place is a good place to play if you can play football and get an "edumakation" out of it.

I ask again, has Raceland faced anyone with even a decent passing attack this year?
Pikeville - 28

Raceland - 12
jetpilot Wrote:I ask again, has Raceland faced anyone with even a decent passing attack this year?

I don't recall them playing a pass heavy team, but the pass defense has been excellent when called upon.
jetpilot Wrote:LOL seriously? Paintsville is not even a shadow of the team they were earlier. Going back to week 3 to make comparisons? Looks like you still haven't learned from the last two years the August Pikeville vs. the November Pikeville...even though you have seen it with your own two eyes.

I was asking a legit question. I am just trying to decifer Pikeville's defense. Seems that your soul reasoning is Estep and Hall will beat Raceland. Can Pikeville score? Yes. But if they give up 35+ i feel they will lose. Raceland hasnt face an extremely potent passing attack. But thu have faced and controlled speed and play makers. This will be a great game for certain. It boils down to Raceland's offense vs Pikeville's defense. LOS, T/Os, TOP will dictate the outcome. This game wont be a high scoring affair.
Pikeville by 3+ td's, Offensive too high powered for the rams.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next